Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger (2382 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2021
The rate at which men are looking for working class lady to marry this day is alarming.
Gone are those days where men meet a lady naturally love her person, get to know her character, both fall in love and get married. Today, the first question they ask, ''where do you work''? ''What do you do for a living''?

Gone are the days men love to be in charge, because that's where they're meant to be.
Today, majority love to be at the back of the woman for shelter. Why?
What happened to that real ego in men?
What happened to love?
Why are they all looking for a working class women?

The same you shouting ladies are after money, the same you want an already made woman. Why?

What's really happening?
The society, government, economy, religion, environment or who's behind these?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by OlawaleBammie: 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2021
Girls taught them

Well, on a more serious note u re right but not all men

I can say i am not among them thanks to my philosophy.

Infact if my gf cook food and spend her #100 i wil make sure i refund the money, i dont pressure, i dont comand, i dont supress and i bliv in women's right BUT I LOVE TO BE THE CHAIRMAN IN THE HOUSE, I MEAN I LIKE TO BE THE BABAREST cus that i think is the major way of answering the name.HUSBAND!!!

6 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
Girls taught them
How? In every society, the women behavior, attitude, lifestyles are based on what their men taught them.

Women are always trying to impress men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by OlawaleBammie: 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2021
missdivineprove:
How? In every society, the women behavior, attitude, lifestyles are based on what their men taught them.

Women are always trying to impress men.

I have modified my post.

Tho i can not allow my wife to be idle without doing anything, laelae cus we dont knkw what the future holds, i dont want a situation whereby she wpuld be suffering cus of my actions and inactions, she should be able to cater for hersef either i am present with her or not. That does not mean i wil delve into her treasury...no!! Am not goin to do dat but she must bw able to boast of something in her akant cus man alone can not face the financial problem of his family and the inlaws alone, reason why her assistance his needed majorly for her family cus dont let us lie, man can only remember the inlaws occasionaly.

1 Like

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by gfon(m): 12:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
Gone are the days of leeching dear,now you female folks gats bring something to the table too. Yesterday three different ladies said i am stingy and don't like showing them love(giving them money) i just laughed it off.Guys are wise now,but alot are still simping though.

11 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Osebanjo(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
What a man can do, a woman can do better. That's what feminism101 taught us.

Men tend to always pay very good attention in class and that has helped us to perform well in the course. All you gon do is stay there and complain rather than give us some standing ovasion s***? Come on girl.

4 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2021
It's not gold digging, it's common sense, my dear OP.

No one wants to be saddled with a liability, who can't support the other in down times.

What values will my children learn from their mother if she is a "gimme gimme, sub for me, urgent 2k person" as opposed to someone that works or has her business?

Let's be guided please, and stop airing lopsided, immature thoughts in the name of creating controversial threads.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
topcatking:
It's not gold digging, it's common sense, my dear OP.

No one wants to be saddled with a liability, who can't support the other in down times.

What values will my children learn from their mother if she is a "gimme gimme, sub for me, urgent 2k person" as opposed to someone that works or has her business?

Let's be guided please, and stop airing lopsided, immature thoughts in the name of creating controversial threads.
There's nothing controversial here.
Sometimes, I wonder why the question that pop up immediately you sight a lady is ''what do you do for a living''?
When has having a job, or business become a criteria for friendship?

Is that not an act of gold digging?

4 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2021
Osebanjo:
What a man can do, a woman can do better. That's what feminism101 taught us.

Men tend to always pay very good attention in class and that has helped us to perform well in the course. All you gon do is stay there and complain rather than give us some standing ovasion s***? Come on girl.
I'm not of that opinion.

You guys are learning the wrong thing and it's very annoying

3 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 04, 2021
gfon:
Gone are the days of leeching dear,now you female folks gats bring something to the table too. Yesterday three different ladies said i am stingy and don't like showing them love(giving them money) i just laughed it off.Guys are wise now,but alot are still simping though.
Is that the reason why the first thing you look out for in her, is what she can bring to the table?

4 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Pochettino(f): 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2021
missdivineprove:
The rate at which men are looking for working class lady to marry this day is alarming.
Gone are those days where men meet a lady naturally love her person, get to know her character, both fall in love and get married. Today, the first question they ask, ''where do you work''? ''What do you do for a living''?

Gone are the days men love to be in charge, because that's where they're meant to be.
What happened to love?

The same you shouting ladies are after money, the same you want an already made woman. Why?

What's really happening?

Madam I don't understand you. Do you want them to marry liabilities?

Will u be proud and happy if your brother or son brought home a jobless girl for marriage? Tell yourself the truth. Or do u think only women have the monopoly of choosing the best?

Will u date a jobless man? Why are u even scared that a guy wants 2 know what u do 4 a living?

The problem with we women is we always want to eat our cake and have it but guys are wiser now.

That's why I got a job so no one will take me for granted. Maybe you should quit hustling on d streets and get a job so u can attract men of your dreams too.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2021
Pochettino:

Madam I don't understand you. Do you want them to marry liabilities?

Will u be proud and happy if your brother or son brought home a jobless girl for marriage? Tell yourself the truth. Or do u think only women have the monopoly of choosing the best?

Will u date a jobless man? Why are u even scared that a guy wants 2 know what u do 4 a living?

The problem with we women is we always want to eat our cake and have it but guys are wiser now.

That's why I got a job so no one will take me for granted. Maybe you should quit hustling on d streets and get a job so u can attract men of your dreams too.
You didn't read my post before your write up. Why? Why are you so in a haste to write? Moreover, you don't need to impress men here with your write up.
And you don't need to advise me on getting a job. I didn't tell you I need one.
Besides, getting yourself a job is one of the best decision you made for yourself. Because every grown adult should have a source of income. Very important.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Pochettino(f): 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2021
missdivineprove:
You didn't read my post before your write up. Why? Why are you so in a haste to write? Moreover, you don't need to impress men here with your write up.
And you don't need to advise me on getting a job. I didn't tell you I need one.

So why are you angry when a guy asks for what you do for a living? I see nothing wrong in that

I'm not impressing anyone by stating the glaring truth. What are you hiding?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2021
Pochettino:

So why are you angry when a guy asks for what you do for a living? I see nothing wrong in that

I'm not impressing anyone by stating the glaring truth. What are you hiding?
So, when you meet someone for the very first time, the very first thing you look out for in them is what they do for a living?
Why? Is that the most important thing?
Isn't that an art of gold digging?

3 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Pochettino(f): 2:22pm On Feb 04, 2021
missdivineprove:
So, when you meet someone for the very first time, the very first thing you look out for in them is what they do for a living?
Why? Is that the most important thing?
Isn't that an art of gold digging?

No it is not. For serious minded people, it is an effective way of knowing whether it is worth the effort.

Relationships are an investment. You don't expect me to invest my time, emotions and effort in you if you have nothing reasonable doing with your life.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by dmg1: 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
Pochettino:

No it is not. For serious minded people, it is an effective way of knowing whether it is worth the effort.

Relationships are an investment. You don't expect me to invest my time, emotions and effort in you if you have nothing reasonable doing with your life.
I like you already,, you reason like a matured girl... do you care for an ice Berg

1 Like

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Topichido: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
missdivineprove:
There's nothing controversial here.
Sometimes, I wonder why the question that pop up immediately you sight a lady is ''what do you do for a living''?
When has having a job, or business become a criteria for friendship?

Is that not an art of gold digging?.

Well,maybe not every Lady has that intentional to be Friends, some are desperate for relationship.

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Osebanjo(m): 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2021
missdivineprove:
I'm not of that opinion.

You guys are learning the wrong thing and it's very annoying
Well i 'd rather say you girls are not in uniformity yet. Seems lots have some catch up to do or maybe some are rather going way too fast. I don't see how men is to be blamed for that anyway. Whichever way y'all shouldn't hesitate to update men when y'all reach some unanimous decision. We are fast learner you know.

4 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by epkereamaka60858: 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2021
:Girls taught themHow? In every society, the women behavior, attitude, lifestyles are based on what their men taught them. Women are always trying to impress men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 04, 2021
Osebanjo:
[b]Well i 'd rather say you girls are not in uniformity yet. [/b]Seems lots have some catch up to do or maybe some are rather going way too fast. I don't see how men is to be blamed for that anyway. Whichever way y'all shouldn't hesitate to update men when y'all reach some unanimous decision. We are fast learner you know.
hmmmmm
Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 04, 2021
epkereamaka60858:
:Girls taught themHow? In every society, the women behavior, attitude, lifestyles are based on what their men taught them. Women are always trying to impress men.
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by LordKO(m): 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2021
Unless you aren't a proponent and practitioner of hypergamy, self-absorption, and or opportunism, you've no moral right to criticize men who quantify companionship worthiness of a woman based on the size of her material worth rather than her immaterial worth/the quality of her soul and it's also hypocritical of you to act as if you believe in love.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2021
That is why many single ladies are withdrawn these days as they can't deal with such weak and irresponsible set of urchins parading themselves as men.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 04, 2021
missdivineprove:

What happened to love?

What's really happening?

Remove that gradually, they have turned complete gold diggers,I blame ladies who spend on men

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by culf: 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2021
most men still don't care whether the Lady works or not. From most couples that i've interacted with, its the lady that usually insist on working, most men prefer they don't unless the ones that are not too financially buoyant

2 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by IamPlato(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2021
This Is An Exaggeration
Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Jman06(m): 5:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
Before I answer you, I want to know your opinion about ladies who look out for guys with jobs for marriage cum dating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by YourCoffin: 5:43pm On Feb 04, 2021
They ask first to know if the lady is a kidnapper, makeup artist or prostitute.

On a second thought what exacrly would a man be doing with a jobless girl?

3 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 04, 2021
LordKO:
Unless you aren't a proponent and practitioner of hypergamy, self-absorption, and or opportunism, you've no moral right to criticize men who quantify companionship worthiness of a woman based on the size of her material worth rather than her immaterial worth/the quality of her soul, and it's also hypocritical of you to act as if you believe in love.  
Calm down with the grammar. I believe in Love, but why would you meet someone for the first time and all your concentration is on where she work.
Does that depict Love?

3 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Jackyz: 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2021
Useless topic... but wait oo my sister can you marry a jobless man ??

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
Jman06:
Before I answer you, I want to know your opinion about ladies who look out for guys with jobs for marriage cum dating.
A man is meant to be in charge. Whatever a woman have, is only to support her man.
But when the man begins to look for a well to do woman, it's an abnormality.

3 Likes

Re: Our Men Are Gradually Becoming Gold Digger by LordKO(m): 6:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
missdivineprove:
Calm down with the grammar. I believe in Love, but why would you meet someone for the first time and all your concentration is on where she work.
Does that depict Love?

I don't hold brief for men who do that. They, however, aren't different from the women who fall in the categories I listed in my previous post. That's my point.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Still Women Who Submit Their Money/salary At A Man Feet? / Help! Self Centred Wife. / How Do You Think A Wife Should Dress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.