Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? (284 Views)

Pentazocine Addiction; How Do I Stop / How Did You Overcome Your Tooth Problem? / India Man Chews Off Snake's Head In Revenge After Snake Bite – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2021
Whenever I see some elderly men & women biting their fingernails in the public places, I always think I still have a long way to go with this bad habit. Many childhood habits I have left behind but the urge to bite the fingernails keeps aging with me. I have tried growing the fingernails many times but I ended up biting them off unconsciously. I would like to fix artificial fingernails, if there are any for males, because I am sure that would definitely taste like wood in the mouth grin

2 Likes

Re: Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? by tofolo(m): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2021
same here bro, and it can be embarrassing most times.

3 Likes

Re: Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 04, 2021
tofolo:
same here bro, and it can be embarrassing most times.

Yes ooo
Especially when all eyes are on you

2 Likes

Re: Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? by Holinesss(m): 2:58pm On Feb 04, 2021
I remember my Snr pastor was doing this much even in public sometime he will forget himself bitting his nails.

I over came it early in teenage, I determined to over come it by ignoring the feeling to bite and I always cut my nails almost on daily basis so there’s nothing to bite.

Hope this will help.

3 Likes

Re: Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
No be only you,,,, OP

2 Likes

Re: Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2021
Holinesss:
I remember my Snr pastor was doing this much even in public sometime he will forget himself bitting his nails.

I over came it early in teenage, I determined to over come it by ignoring the feeling to bite and I always cut my nails almost on daily basis so there’s nothing to bite.

Hope this will help.

The bolded would really be helpful. I've noticed the urge to bite comes when any of the fingernails could scratch an itchy skin.

1 Like

Re: Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? by mariahAngel(f): 10:14pm On Feb 04, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Whenever I see some elderly men & women biting their fingernails in the public places, I always think I still have a long way to go with this bad habit. Many childhood habits I have left behind but the urge to bite the fingernails keeps aging with me. I have tried growing the fingernails many times but I ended up biting them off unconsciously. I would like to fix artificial fingernails, if there are any for males, because I am sure that would definitely taste like wood in the mouth grin

Artificial nails will be going too far...
Just wrap each of your fingers with plaster and leave it that way for like 2weeks or more and see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2021
mariahAngel:

Artificial nails will be going too far...
Just wrap each of your fingers with plaster and leave it that way for like 2weeks or more and see how it goes.

Eleyi gidi gan oo.
How do I chop swallow
Re: Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? by mariahAngel(f): 11:05pm On Feb 04, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Eleyi gidi gan oo.
How do I chop swallow

E lo sibi jare! angry

Se e wa fe je eekanna titi di agba ni?
Re: Addiction: How Did You Overcome The Urge To Bite Your Nails? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2021
mariahAngel:

E lo sibi jare! angry

Se e wa fe je eekanna titi di agba ni?

Sibi ke? Okele yen o ni lo daadaa.

Plus the fact that the fingernails are still not safe after the two weeks. I've gone like a month but I had them chewed one night. It dawned on me in the morning.

Mi o fe je d'agba oo. Anyways,,,, mo dupe fun imoran yin, ma.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

WHO Worried Vaccines May Not Work On New Variants / Most Effective Hair Growth Cream / Kaduna Resident: I Vomited Blood After Receiving COVID Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.