Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates (18771 Views)

Abia Police Killed 8 IPOB Members, 2 Officers Died In CID Office Attack (Graphic / "I Was Raped By SARS Two Years Ago" - Young Woman Narrates Ordeal (Video) / Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by Inukwam: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
Mrs. Victoria Nwazue, mother of late Chinomso Nwazue, has accused officers of Nigeria Police Force from Central Police Station, CPS Umuahia Abia state of beating his son to death in their custody.

The deceased Chinomso was until his death a fairly used clothes dealer, popularly known as okirika in the metropolis.

Narrating how her son was killed before Judicial Panel of Inquiry sitting in Umuahia on Wednesday, Mrs. Nwazue said policemen numbering about 5 on October 29, 2016, invaded their home located at No 85 Okuzu Lane by Niger road Umuahia, beat her son and later took him away in the middle of the night.

She expressed shock that before the next day when she and her elder son, Chukwuemeka Nwazue went to the said station the next day to make enquiry on what the offence of her son was, she was told he is dead and deposited at the mortuary.

She said, ”Around 11 pm, I heard noises from outside, one of the voices I heard was my son Chinomso’s voice.

”I came out and saw some policemen about 5 of them holding my son. He was asking them what he did but they were beating and kicking him with their legs, hands, and batons.

” I was able to identify them as policemen because they were on uniform and came with a van.

”I was shouting and asking the policemen what my son did but none of them responded to me.

”I held one of the policemen on his waist, asking him to kill me too, but he pushed me into the gutter where I hit my head.

“The policemen pulled Chinomso’s trouser and tied it around his waist where he was operated on.

”A kidney correctional surgery was carried out on Chinomso in 1982 at UNTH Enugu.

”They dragged my son into the van and asked me to come to CPS Bende Road Umuahia.

” It was late so I couldn’t go that night and I was still mourning my late husband. I called my son Chukwuemeka and narrated everything to him” she said.

Mother of the deceased who could not hold her tears said a man whose identity she couldn't ascertain informed her the next day of her son's death after she narrated what happened.

She however confirmed the development upon arrival at the Central Police Station.

She said apart from the injury she sustained in her head when she hit it on the pavement after the incident, she has also developed high blood pressure.

According to her, the same police deposited the corpse in the mortuary and released same to the family.

Mr. Chukwuemeka Nwazue, elder brother to the deceased said he wrote to the AIG Zone 9 Umuahia, and the governor of Abia State but nothing was done about the matter.

He also mentioned that the police never showed up for condolence or any other thing as regards the matter before and after his brother’s burial.

According to him, he wrote to the police, to release the corpse of Chinomso as they were not doing anything about it.

He said Chinomso was buried on November 2, 2017.

He noted that no amount of money can compensate for his late brother. He, however, pleaded a compensation of N100M.

Responding, the Counsel to the police, FC Okafor stated that the police has no witness to present as no police officer was mentioned in the petition. “Therefore there is no way to identify the perpetrators of the said act,” he said.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/02/abia-police-arrested-tortured-my-son-to-death-woman-narrates/

1 Share

Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by LMS1(m): 3:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
Sorry Ma,it Just Feburary And There Is Lots Of Broken News In Nigeria
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by Tonyspecial(m): 4:28pm On Feb 04, 2021
Take the case to berekete family and ur justice is sured

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by edlion57(m): 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
When our security men are more concerned about cows ...we humans are nothing to them

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by WiszyFraud: 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
Sorry madam... but the way your people kill and burn down police stations there, the thing dey even shock Buhari cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by djflexcy: 7:09pm On Feb 04, 2021
Take heart ma, nigeria police will never change not in this life.
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by Simplebeauty: 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
shocked
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by Mhimi007(m): 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
this judicial panel den nor judge matter finish...since last year nothing
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by offiahvictor(m): 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
Wicked,treacherous and evil hearted Fulani police men. embarassedWicked,treacherous and evil hearted Fulani police men.
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by talk2hb1(m): 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
Tooh
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by IamWonderful: 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
What a wicked world, some people just behave as if there is God, they do and undo
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by wale0810: 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
it is well but it is also over for d so call Nigeria
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by ec0malchemist(m): 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
Sorry for your loss.

Nigeria is built on Insecurity, Decent, Corruption and Lies.

Nothing seems to work as corruption has eaten deep into every fabric of the society. It's just a matter of time before we all sink in this ship.

Let me teach you how to import gadgets from US and sell here in Nigeria with offer up and letgo accounts for free
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by chatinent: 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
And you say I should pity them when misfortune becomes theirs?

1 Share

Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by FemiLastBorn(m): 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
Omoh cry
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by SatanBoss: 7:12pm On Feb 04, 2021
your son was a thief like iboboyswag and kriss27 that robbed me . you are lucky he was not burnt

1 Like

Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by gbaskiboy: 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2021
Sorry ma, so painful you lost your son at his prime age. Living in Nigeria is like living in a jungle. Surviving each day in Nigeria is a miracle, every day is a tale of herdsmen killing and kidnapping collecting millions of naira as ransom. The president is confused because is tribe men were involved and he dare not speak against them. Those who suppose to speak up against herdsmen brutality are no where to found because they want to secure seat for presidency and they don't want anything to stand their way.

I weep for my dear country
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by FastLane25(m): 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2021
Nawa ooh Nigerian police no try oo
Even the 100M is not even enough to compensate the death of the boy..
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by kiddkash(m): 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2021
special place dey hell fire dey wait Nigerian police
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by blinking001(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2021
This is bad for our democracy
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by Heranui: 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2021
grin
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by Omezif(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2021
Some Police are receiving plenty unknown curses on their heads for the difference atrocities they are perpetrating in this land.
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by MotorConnectz(m): 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2021
cry
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by okomile(f): 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2021
Wahala tie wrapper ooooo
Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by Brendaniel: 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
why are the cases of police brutality always coming from the south especially south east, I'm yet to read any from the north, and Nigeria expects the Igbos especially to feel like Nigerians where there is double standard in treating them...

4 Likes

Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by emmabest2000(m): 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
LMS1:
Sorry Ma,it Just Feburary And There Is Lots Of Broken News In Nigeria
2016 case
Buried on November 2017

SatanBoss:
your son was a thief like iboboyswag and kriss27 that robbed me . you are lucky he was not burnt

nairaland detective nwayoo biko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by seunlayi(m): 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2021

No doubt, Nigeria Police are destined to be cruel.

Re: Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates by GIANTPLUSHUB: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2021
Quite sad. Nightmare of every parents coming from officials with the responsibility of safeguarding the people's life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Musa Sada Admits Collecting N700m Bribe - EFCC / Nursing Mother Arrested For 3.7Million Fraud (photos) / Officers From Owutu Police Station, Ikorodu, Strip Man Unclad, Assault Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.