Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar (940 Views)

Why Ganduje Can't Be Removed From Office Like Oshiomhole - APC / Sheikh Abduljabbar's Last Words: I Will Not Beg For Leniency But Will Die A Hero / Why Ganduje Removed Sanusi As Emir - Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by etokhana: 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2021
The Kano-based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Abduljabbar Kabara, has disclosed reasons for barring him from preaching by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.

Recall that Mr Ganduje had barred Mr Abduljabbar from preaching, and closed his mosque, over alleged inciting preaching.

Mr Kabara, a factional leader Qadiriyya sect in Kano, is famous for controversial religious commentaries, and has been accused of insulting the companions of Holy Prophet Muhammad.

The cleric has been at dagger-drawn with Sunni Muslim clerics in the state for a long time for his hardline stance against Sunni practices and his subscription to Shiite practices.

Reacting to the development, Mr Abduljabbar, while speaking with Daily Trust on Wednesday, described the governor’s action as political, saying that Mr Ganduje was all out to settle a score against him.

According to the cleric, the ban was not religious because he worked against the re-election of Mr Ganduje during the 2019 elections.

He said: “The reasons are very obvious. The person who took the decision (Ganduje) has said it times without number that he never forgives. I fought him during the last election and he promised to retaliate.

“Only that he is taking the wrong decision at the wrong time. So this ban is purely political, it has nothing to do with religion or incitement.

“I have told my followers to prepare their votes ahead of the next election and do the needful. Alhamdulillah for everything, I am fighting scholars, not Government, but at the end, Government took over on their behalf.

“This clearly shows that they don’t have answers to all my questions. How does the government know that I’m inciting the public on religious issues? Did they go through the books I have been making reference to before jumping to the conclusion? Are they even knowledgeable about them?

“They should at least checked the books I made reference to but without doing so, they have been unfair to me.

“This decision is sheer injustice. And, whosoever wants to understand the situation should look for what the Kano State Commissioner for Education said last night (Wednesday) wherein he explained that the government has deliberately succumbed to the pressure of these scholars who used their political ideologies to alter religious issues to their taste,” he said.

On whether he will abide by the government’s order on the ban, the Islamic cleric said he has always been law abiding.

“I am appealing to my followers to exercise patience with this decision and never revolt against it. Injustice will never remain forever. Let us continue to pray and it shall come to pass soon Insha Allah,” he added.
https://dailynigerian.com/ganduje-barred-preaching/
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by EnvelopeUs(f): 6:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
undecided smiley
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by seunmsg(m): 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2021
Government should not take position on religious issues. Everybody should be allowed to practice their faith in any way and manner they so wish in as much as they are not breaking the law.

Government should not be dictating to the people as to which religious sect is correct or not. Let people choose whatever they want to believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by athaboi(f): 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2021
In nigeria, the interest of the government is supreme...the masses are helpless
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by Caaz: 6:47pm On Feb 04, 2021
religion now the opium of gandollar
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2021
Definately . .the ediot is a shia
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2021
The next thing is for his sect to start s terrorist movement. Their normal trend.
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by limeta(f): 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2021
“They should at least checked the books I made reference to but without doing so, they have been unfair to me.

Which book are you referring to
Did mohammed leave you any book
Book that was written 600yrs after mohammed
Book full of holes
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by VickypediaPHC: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2021
Alright
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by istina: 7:00pm On Feb 04, 2021
Gandollar never forgives
First the emir now a Sheik
Gandollar should remember that he is a man and not God
Very soon his tenure will come to an end either politically or terminally or both.
I've always wonder, Gandollar and Bubu who worse pass?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by Jerryherd: 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2021
seunmsg:
Government should not take position on religious issues. Everybody should be allowed to practice their faith in any way and manner they so wish in as much as they are not breaking the law.

Government should not be dictating to the people as to which religious sect is correct or not. Let people choose whatever they want to believe.
As a private citizen you can access the evidence through freedom of information act

Goverment never took position on Religion, Faith, fate, servitude to Allah, or Jehovah

What Ganduje did is uphold the established laws on Incitement to avoid Rwanda Genocide... No public speaker or preacher should incite violence whether Shiek or Donald Trump

Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by Racoon(m): 7:04pm On Feb 04, 2021
According to the cleric, the ban was not religious because he worked against the re-election of Mr Ganduje during the 2019 elections.
I said it earlier.No prove the shiek did anything wrong.So there is more to the forceful attempt to shut down this man because islam will never fight against islam even if the sunni & shites never agrees.Gandollar iberiberism is gonna hunt him real bad in time to come.

It is just so sad and unfortunate that "President Muhammadu Buhari......has mentioned that Kano State governor, Umar Ganduje is a responsible leader despite allegations of the governor receiving bribes putting his position in question...."
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/kano-gov-is-very-responsible-buhari-passes-vote-of-confidence-on-ganduje/amp

This unholy approval has long given the babanriga dollar bribe stuffing crook the impetus to also act lawlessly but his Waterloo is nearer than imagined.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by nairalander2020(m): 7:06pm On Feb 04, 2021
Sunni and shitte turn political blah blah blah very to boring to read sef. undecided
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
Arrrrrrrh

Well I strongly disagree that the ban was not religious. The news stated it there, so what exactly is he saying!?

Gandollar is a saint now, but few years back he was caught pocketing a huge sum of money.. grin grin Bunch of hypocrite !!! He should better allow the prophet to flex !!!

limeta:

Which book are you referring to
Did mohammed leave you any book
Book that was written 600yrs after mohammed
Book full of holes

grin grin grin grin grin
Some times dey calm down.
@bolded crack me up !!
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by seunmsg(m): 7:14pm On Feb 04, 2021
Jerryherd:

Goverment never took position on Religion, Faith, fate, servitude to Allah, or Jehovah

What Ganduje did is uphold the established laws on Incitement to avoid Rwanda Genocide... No public speaker or preacher should incite violence whether Shiek or Donald Trump

So far so good, there is no evidence that the man in question is inciting violence.
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by Racoon(m): 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2021
istina:
Gandollar never forgives.First the emir now a Sheik.Gandollar should remember that he is a man & not God.Very soon his tenure will come to an end either politically or terminally or both.I've always wonder, Gandollar and Bubu who worse pass?
Both of them bro.

Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by slivertongue: 7:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
birds of the same feather
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by Beremx(f): 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2021
He has already said the reason why his mosque was closed down. Wetin I wan talk again?
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2021
Racoon:

I said it earlier.There is more to the forceful attempt to shut down this man because islam will never fight against islam even if the sunni & shites never agrees .

Are you sure? You can't say that.
No matter how unite a religious people can be, there must be those against one another's teaching no matter what.

- Remember it was burutai that unleash soldier to kill shai in Zaria .
- also governor elrufai, a sunni muslim, has refuse to release el zazaky despite the plead.
- Boko haram are still Muslims, but they still kill thier fellow Muslim.
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by saaron(m): 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2021
When a sunni gov use the instrumentality of state to bar a Shiite or any other non sunni sect from preaching, just know that fear is the motivating factor, not peace. Fear of losing power, influence and majority to an opposing force.

Watch and see how far the Taqiya will go.
Re: Why Ganduje Barred Me From Preaching – Abduljabbar by BlackfireX: 7:39pm On Feb 04, 2021
Why are shia always thinking they are right, people who are kaffri , they will be burn in the last days...

Sunnis are the real Muslims.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Suspected Sponsor Of Unknown Gunmen Arrested In Imo / 2023: Billionaire Akanimo Udofia Eyes Gov Emmanuel Udom Seat / Outsiders Now Know Nigerians By Regions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.