Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 (51381 Views)

Photos Of Olusegun Obasanjo: Now And Then / Metamorphosis Of Olusegun Obasanjo (Photos) / The Official Peugeot 504 Of Olusegun Obasanjo In 1979 As Head Of State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Petyprince: 9:07am On Feb 05, 2021
One of those who crippled Nigeria
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Judolisco(m): 9:07am On Feb 05, 2021
Obasanjo na diplomat and e no 2 like wahala

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Adrian9(m): 9:08am On Feb 05, 2021
egopersonified:
This man being fine small na. Can't say same for oshobaba.
Ha please don't o my dear! His future face will be horrible!
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Derrylatei: 9:09am On Feb 05, 2021
OBJ himself
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Aransioro: 9:10am On Feb 05, 2021
God really gave this man long life sha ...upon all the epe kabiti kabiti wey people rain on him back then..

anyway , who am i to judge him..

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Sbsrules: 9:13am On Feb 05, 2021
post=98760899:
How many of you have read the story of
Obasanjo
His father,
Their church in Abeokuta and the
The Igbo Trader
that sold a piano for OBJ's father church and OBJ was used as a collateral to work with the igbo trader for 2 years just to pay in workmanship for the piano?
All these happened when he was less than 12 years old.
And it ended well for everyone involved, OBJ, His father, their church and the Igbo Trader.....

But the story did not end there.......
It is still ongoing till this present day.
God is wonderful!

Story for another day......
A very interesting story.....
A very very interesting story.....

pls we young kids need to know this....pls is there a link for this story.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by joshuaudom(m): 9:14am On Feb 05, 2021
still reading....
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by ofiko123(m): 9:15am On Feb 05, 2021
Sijo01:
Baba Iyabor! Old soja never die

I am telling you..
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by dimugonabo: 9:16am On Feb 05, 2021
CrazyBen:
Ah! Dude bein dey handsome grin
Wetin cum sup na

© CrazyBen

Too much evil

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Neddstark: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2021
marsman:
Rubbish, He later went to become one OF Nigeria's biggest woes

No one from your family, kindred, village or tribne has/will achieve what Olusegun Obasanjo has done for this great country.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by iamdaquin01(f): 9:21am On Feb 05, 2021
ThisisBuhari:
I learnt from this post say no go think say u too fine for this life ooo,cos some old age na wor wor de follow am...
Just see obj now

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by stieyven(m): 9:26am On Feb 05, 2021
cassidy1996:
muctha faking big nose

this man join others cripple this country
DO NOT label God's creation ugly. Remember that you he was created in God's image and likeness. Genesis 1 :27
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life. Tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:38am On Feb 05, 2021
ThisisBuhari:
You are supposed to credit the source NNP.
This is one of the complaints of that platform.

They go to NNP and take materials and not credit the source. It is akin to intellectual fraud.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by victorjoe(m): 9:43am On Feb 05, 2021
tito44:
What happened to Oluremi?? Why did Baba use Stella as his first lady in 1999?

I learnt Stella was the only person visiting him when he was jailed by Abacha. She was the only person running around talking to people to help get him out. As God would have it, Abacha died and he was released and ran for president. So he chose her.

I don't know if it's true but that's what I heard back then.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by yusluvad(m): 9:45am On Feb 05, 2021
Never despise little beginnings...

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by wink2015(m): 9:47am On Feb 05, 2021
Obasanjo is a TOTAL VILLAGE MAN

Call him BUSH MAN !
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 05, 2021
marsman:
No. Best presiden't Nigeria ever had by miles. That doesn't mean he was good..just the best we've had so far.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 05, 2021
Haha! he later went on to bang that little boys wife. The Mad man of Abeokuta
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Idaytesj29(m): 9:50am On Feb 05, 2021
naptu2:

They had divorced before 1999. It was a very stormy marriage.

(The reason that I remember the issue of the divorce is because of the crazy rumour that was circulating back then grin. The rumour was that Obasanjo appeared in court for the divorce proceedings and he was asked if he wanted to swear with the bible or Quran and he replied that he would prefer to swear with a cutlass because he was a traditional religionist. I'm much older now and I don't think the rumour is true).

She wrote a book about her problems and suffering when Obasanjo was head of state and I read a bit of the book in the 2000s.

Basically she said that Obasanjo had two wives, Oluremi and Stella, but he had a lot of affairs with other women and it was those affairs that caused the problems.

She named some of the women in that book, while she described the ones that she didn't name and she described them in a way that people would know who they were.

She wrote about the times that he brought women to stay in the guest houses at State House Dodan Barracks, the many fights that they had over the children (Obasanjo once sent the children to a boarding school in Kaduna, so that she won't have access to them. She flew to Kaduna and almost fought the principal of the school. She took the children and brought them back to Lagos).

She filed for divorce in 1976, but MD Yusufu (the inspector general of police) convinced her to withdraw the suit because the Murtala Government was still young and it would embarrass the government. It was Murtala and Yusufu that usually settled the quarrels.

She wrote about the time that Obasanjo had an affair with the principal of Queens College, while her daughter, Iyabo, was a student of the school. She said that Iyabo attacked the principal.

She also wrote about the divorce. She said that she has heard many people talk about the divorce, but she was not served any papers, neither did she know of any divorce proceedings. She said that she believed that Obasanjo rigged the divorce.

You might notice that she did not act as first lady when Obasanjo was head of state. Instead, wives of other government functionaries and female members of government acted as hostess during state visits, for example when Jimmy Carter visited Nigeria in 1978.

(By the way, Olusegun Obasanjo was already married to Stella Abebe when he was head of state).

Title of the book pls, it will be an interesting read
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by kolade560: 9:51am On Feb 05, 2021
naptu2:

(The reason that I remember the issue of the divorce is because of the crazy rumour that was circulating back then grin. The rumour was that Obasanjo appeared in court for the divorce proceedings and he was asked if he wanted to swear with the bible or Quran and he replied that he would prefer to swear with a cutlass because he was a traditional religionist. I'm much older now and I don't think the rumour is true).

She wrote a book about her problems and suffering when Obasanjo was head of state and I read a bit of the book in the 2000s.

Basically she said that Obasanjo had two wives, Oluremi and Stella, but he had a lot of affairs with other women and it was those affairs that caused the problems.

She named some of the women in that book, while she described the ones that she didn't name and she described them in a way that people would know who they were.

She wrote about the times that he brought women to stay in the guest houses at State House Dodan Barracks, the many fights that they had over the children (Obasanjo once sent the children to a boarding school in Kaduna, so that she won't have access to them. She flew to Kaduna and almost fought the principal of the school. She took the children and brought them back to Lagos).

She filed for divorce in 1976, but MD Yusufu (the inspector general of police) convinced her to withdraw the suit because the Murtala Government was still young and it would embarrass the government. It was Murtala and Yusufu that usually settled the quarrels.

She wrote about the time that Obasanjo had an affair with the principal of Queens College, while her daughter, Iyabo, was a student of the school. She said that Iyabo attacked the principal.

She also wrote about the divorce. She said that she has heard many people talk about the divorce, but she was not served any papers, neither did she know of any divorce proceedings. She said that she believed that Obasanjo rigged the divorce.

You might notice that she did not act as first lady when Obasanjo was head of state. Instead, wives of other government functionaries and female members of government acted as hostess during state visits, for example when Jimmy Carter visited Nigeria in 1978.

(By the way, Olusegun Obasanjo was already married to Stella Abebe when he was head of state).
u are history conscious man

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Aransioro: 9:57am On Feb 05, 2021
how do u mean .......no be person papa be dat...?
Adrian9:

Ha please don't o my dear! His future face will be horrible!
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Gbagura: 10:01am On Feb 05, 2021
Obasanjo would have turned this country for good if he'd wanted to. He was a very strong and fearless president. During his 8yrs as president, he worked with 5 senate presidents. He sacked state's governors as he pleases.

The only Nigerian president till date to have received any sitting American president on a state's visit in the persons of Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and George Bush.

He's the most respected Nigerian leader in the world since independence. God's grace is living in this man only that he fumbled in some areas.

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by Ellasure: 10:05am On Feb 05, 2021
Baba Obasanjo has a good life and kept it as simple as possible. Very close to normality. Only God can give that. Despite all, he is still doing great things.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by 3gpvids: 10:06am On Feb 05, 2021
When the monkey was balling
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by naptu2: 10:07am On Feb 05, 2021
Idaytesj29:

Title of the book pls, it will be an interesting read

SirToby:

Title of the book please

CaptainMarvel:

If someone ask you for the book reference now, you won't respond undecided

DoyaPlace:

Wow!! Book title please, I'll love to read it.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by SirToby(m): 10:08am On Feb 05, 2021
naptu2:

Title of the book please
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by whitedove(m): 10:11am On Feb 05, 2021
marsman:
Stop spitting nonsense! Obasanjo is still one of the greatest Nigerian alive.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Olusegun Obasanjo And His Family In 1979 by BluePrincee: 10:13am On Feb 05, 2021
tito44:
What happened to Oluremi?? Why did Baba use Stella as his first lady in 1999?

She was the only one going to visit him in prison when abacha locked him up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Extols Igbo Spare-Part Traders, Promises Financial Support / Pictures From Gwoza After It Was Captured By The Nigerian Army / The Interior Of Jimoh Ibrahim's Dubai Office (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.