Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,229 members, 7,780,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

#DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal (25584 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala’s Rival, Yoo Myung-Hee To Withdraw From WTO DG Race / WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement / Okonjo-Iweala Vs Yoo Myung-Hee: WTO Leadership Down To The Final 2 Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by frog12: 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2021
so much noise! this work is not worth it!
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
fergie001:
South Korea's candidate for the Director-General of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Yoo Myung-Hee has announced she will withdraw from the race, clearing the path for Nigeria's Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who the General Council announced late last year as the consensus candidate.

The World Trade Organization’s General Council Chair David Walker announced in October last year that Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala had garnered the most support among WTO members to become the next global trade chief, but was vetoed by the United States.

SOURCE

NOI, as she is fondly called, will be the first female and first African to head the WTO if affirmed by its 164 members.

PS: @YooMyunghee1's withdrawal does not mean @NOIweala immediately becomes the @wto's next Director-General.

That appointment is taken in a formal decision by the WTO's 164 members.

Since the U.S. is the only @wto member blocking @NOIweala's candidacy the key question now is whether the Biden administration will reverse the Trump administration's veto and support @NOIweala

Absent opposition from any WTO members, the chairman of the WTO general council, David Walker, can announce the resumption of the @wto's suspended October general council meeting to consider the appointment of a new Director-General.

You mean first African American to head WTO
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by Burgerlomo: 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2021
Lobatan, lai ti dibo Madam Ngozi ti wole. cool

2 Likes

Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by fergie001: 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
prekumohtim:

You mean first African American to head WTO
America didn't nominate her.....Nigeria did.
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by 4ckTOT0: 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
nigerians should not be placed at strategic positons like this. can bet you she will loot
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by AFONJACOW(m): 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
juman:

Shameless post.
She was nominated to the position by buhari.
will u shut that ur mouth
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by Freelance363: 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
I believe in Iweala. All the way!!!!!!!
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by frog12: 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
not loot. she go sleep at work!

the position is not worth it!!

the noise is so much!
4ckTOT0:
nigerians should not be placed at strategic positons like this. can bet you she will loot
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by 4ckTOT0: 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
frog12:
not loot. she go sleep at work!

the position is not worth it!!

the noise is so much!
loot no mean say she go loot directly. she herself might not loot, which i still doubt. but she will surely emply a few nigerians. those are the one that wll loot in her name. sleep for work is sure for this one na. u no see her eyes cheesy
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by tamunobello: 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
I am very sure she is going to perform well
fergie001:
South Korea's candidate for the Director-General of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Yoo Myung-Hee has announced she will withdraw from the race, clearing the path for Nigeria's Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who the General Council announced late last year as the consensus candidate.

The World Trade Organization’s General Council Chair David Walker announced in October last year that Nigeria’s Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala had garnered the most support among WTO members to become the next global trade chief, but was vetoed by the United States.

SOURCE

NOI, as she is fondly called, will be the first female and first African to head the WTO if affirmed by its 164 members.

PS: @YooMyunghee1's withdrawal does not mean @NOIweala immediately becomes the @wto's next Director-General.

That appointment is taken in a formal decision by the WTO's 164 members.

Since the U.S. is the only @wto member blocking @NOIweala's candidacy the key question now is whether the Biden administration will reverse the Trump administration's veto and support @NOIweala

Absent opposition from any WTO members, the chairman of the WTO general council, David Walker, can announce the resumption of the @wto's suspended October general council meeting to consider the appointment of a new Director-General.
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by Kingzjayzee: 3:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
The afonjas right now

Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2021
PDJT:

-Are you sure? If true, send me their numbers let me select. grin
grin Go to ogwashi and make your choice cool

1 Like

Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 3:24pm On Feb 05, 2021
Gbest90:

You should have asked politely since you don't know the place. cheesy

Anyways, I can't recalled the name again. Cos it's been a while I last visited Og. I went there with a friend of mine who was schooling at Abraka at the time. And what I beheld was a sorry sight. (don't know about now though)

But the stadium is located at the road to Isah, just before the drug office.

Just take your time to go have look. And see the stadium that arguably the most celebrated footballer in the country built his fatherland.

And you surely will no longer have a reason to be 'proud' cheesy

You claim to know Dr ngozi okonjo father's compound and that road is not motorable,so for you to say such mean that you don't know ogwashi uku because if you do you wouldn't have type that nonsense.

And so isah road is not also motorable? cheesy please always try to leave your bush urhobo land before you talk nonsense.

1 Like

Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by Gbest90(m): 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nwanyiogwashi:

You claim to know Dr ngozi okonjo father's compound and that road is not motorable,so for you to say such mean that you don't know ogwashi uku because if you do you wouldn't have type that nonsense.

And so isah road is not also motorable? cheesy please always try to leave your bush urhobo land before you talk nonsense.
Lolz.

Seems you're the type that will know, and still try to twist the truth. cheesy

I didn't say Isah Road is not motorable. I said the stadium built by ur legendary Austin Jay Jay Okocha at that location is an eyesore.

I hold nothing against Ogwashi-Uku(they are actually a wonderful people).

My point is that Ogwashi-Uku deserves more from the many 'big stars' they produce. Hence, they are not worth being proud of.

And what makes you think am from urhobo. grin
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by Afamed: 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
nameo:

Bros, are you still supporting Buhari?

For real??
You want me to support your Pandemic development party?
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by plaindealer: 4:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
PMB telling madam Okonjo not to worry, he got everything under control.

God Bless PMB.

grin

Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by plaindealer: 4:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
First it was AfDB/Adesina

Now madam Okonjo

UN Special Representative Damilola Ogunbiyi

The way things are going under PMB, Nigerians go dominate all the major international institutions.

God Bless PMB.

God Bless Nigeria.

grin

Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by ChoCho54(f): 4:59pm On Feb 05, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:

Attache by force. you've been shown the way already
Ask ChoCho54
Her race is the superior and she's proud of that. I am too.
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by ChoCho54(f): 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
plaindealer:
First it was AfDB/Adesina

Now madam Okonjo

UN Special Representative Damilola Ogunbiyi

The way things are going under PMB, Nigerians go dominate all the major international institutions.

God Bless PMB.

God Bless Nigeria.

grin
aAbii nau grin

1 Like

Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by Nwanyiogwashi(f): 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
Gbest90:

Lolz.

Seems you're the type that will know, and still try to twist the truth. cheesy

I didn't say Isah Road is not motorable. I said the stadium built by ur legendary Austin Jay Jay Okocha at that location is an eyesore.

I hold nothing against Ogwashi-Uku(they are actually a wonderful people).

My point is that Ogwashi-Uku deserves more from the many 'big stars' they produce. Hence, they are not worth being proud of.

And what makes you think am from urhobo. grin
Why are you confusing yourself? You first said that the route to Dr ngozi father's compound is bad,I clear your lies.you again state that isah road is not motorable I still clear you,now you're talking about stadium built by okocha please how many ex international built stadium in their village? We are proud of the stadium jay jay okocha built for ogwashi people.

Let me still clear you, 70% of roads in ogwashi are motorable, we have one of the best general hospital in Delta state, we have about 5 government secondary school in ogwashi, we have about 7 primary school in ogwashi, we have state polytechnic in ogwashi, we have Nigeria Navy school in ogwashi. So what are you talking about?

And of cause you're urhobo man.
Re: #DG-WTO: Okonjo-Iweala Is Sole Candidate As Myung-Hee Announces Withdrawal by ThatFairGuy1: 5:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
ChoCho54:
Her race is the superior and she's proud of that. I am too.
You mean second class in her race angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Moment Peter Obi & Datti Arrived Venue Of Kano LP Campaign Rally (Video) / Bolanle: Discharge Me, I Have No Case To Answer – Policeman Tells Court / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.