Stats: 3,148,829 members, 7,802,653 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights (19335 Views)

FG Suspends New Electricity Tariff For Two Weeks After Agreement With TUC & NLC / FG Suspends Plans To Borrow $22.7bn / FG Suspends Fuel Supply To Stations At Land Borders (2) (3) (4)

FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by EcoBrick: 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
AUTHOR: Oluseyi Awojulugbe

FEBRUARY 5, 2021 1:19 PM

The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has placed a 72-hour suspension on outbound Emirates flights from Nigeria.

In a February 4 circular seen by TheCable, the NCAA said Emirates Airlines violated guidelines put in place by the presidential taskforce on COVID-19.

According to the circular, the airline has been airlifting passengers from Nigeria using rapid antigen tests conducted by laboratories not approved by regulatory authorities.

More to follow…

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-fg-suspends-outbound-emirates-flights/amp

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by younglleo: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2021
Useless nigeria?
Abeg if una sabi any travel now pay later stuff, reason me!
Ayam tired of Nigeria!
Atleast let my football be realistic biko
Twitter dey oo, 6-5 yrs
For sale

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by ShackWes(f): 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
when will FG ban open grazing?

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by helinues: 2:01pm On Feb 05, 2021
FG showing muscle

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by truthfulparrot(m): 2:05pm On Feb 05, 2021
I am sure order will soon come from above that the ban be lifted immediately. The daughters of the BIG Men in the presidency wants to go to Dubai for pedicure this weekend. grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by NwaNimo1(m): 2:06pm On Feb 05, 2021

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by luvmijeje(f): 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nigeria government love chasing shadows. They are dodging the main issue.

The main issue is that the UAE government banned airlines plying Nigeria to UAE routes except their own airline which is Emirate simply because they don't trust our laboratories. In return Nigeria government is banning Emirate simply because they decided to do their own test using laboratories not approved by the government.

The solution to this issue is diplomacy. More of our people travel there. Whether they like it or not, they have an edge against us. They should trace and fine laboratories that are compromising on saying the truth. I know of cases of 3 Nigerians who were positive and were looking for negative results.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by HelloNLpeople: 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2021
A company I work for needs writers in Ilorin.

Basic Requirements

1. Minimum of Bachelor's degree
2. Computer literate
3. Microsoft Word and Excel proficient
4. Good command of English
5. Excellent writing skills
6. Reside or ready to relocate in Ilorin

Salary will be disclosed after interview.

Contact?

Message me via Nairaland email.

P.S. Don't drop your numbers expecting me to message you, because I won't.
Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by tstx(m): 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2021
Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by IamFINESSE: 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
Okay
Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by SoliBayNG: 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
Hehehe. They want to retaliate, but they aren't very sure how to

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by wednesdays26: 6:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
younglleo:
Useless nigeria?
Ayam tired of Nigeria!
Twitter dey oo, 6-5 yrs
For sale

Travel now, pay later! grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by JoinSeeMyFather: 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
Is that all?

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
younglleo:
Useless nigeria?
Ayam tired of Nigeria!
Twitter dey oo, 6-5 yrs
For sale

I for dash you my US visa since I am not using it but its non transferable. undecided

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by chatinent: 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
I just weak for this country.

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by erico2k2(m): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
EcoBrick:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-fg-suspends-outbound-emirates-flights/amp
cos those Labs are cheaper and Una nor dey get kick backs, una think say N50k easy to pay for one test bahh?

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by Banmeallday: 6:57pm On Feb 05, 2021
When you dont have your own stuff and use others, others will treat you like crap eventually

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by MadeINchenzen2: 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
I pity those wey don marry, born for this country...

I must japa... marry white... born white... die there. Nigeria is worse than hell

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by Sweetas2(m): 6:58pm On Feb 05, 2021
Emirates feels they can impose any law they like to Nigerian nah thank God the federal government step in and stopped the madness

guess what..Emirates don succumbed Nigeria government won.. ban lifted

Good on you..... federal ministry of Avaition

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by mmsen: 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2021
MadeINchenzen2:
I pity those wey don marry, born for this country...

I must japa... marry white... born white... die there. Nigeria is worse than hell

You can't "born white" unless you are white.

You are emblematic of the problem with this country, spineless and stupid beyond belief.

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by thatigboman: 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2021
ShackWes:
when will FG ban open grazing?
we dont ban things closest to our heart, no matter how dangerous the enterprise is

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by izibili44: 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
Divinehealer:

I for dash you my US visa since I am not using it but its non transferable. undecided
bring am I go give oluwole boys. Them go work on am for am
Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by MadeINchenzen2: 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
mmsen:

You can't born white unless you are white.

You are emblematic of the problem with this country, spineless and stupid beyond belief.
senseless assumptions... my life is what I call it... u live and die for nothing with your shambolic mentality... foolish slave !!!

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by Kalapizim(m): 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
That 50,400 for test no easy, paid 50,400 and had the test today and my blood still dey boil on top that money sef

Just 5 minutes money don burn

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by samonak(m): 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2021
I like this action taken by the FG, I believe in the doctrine of reciprocity. Nigerians are big spenders in Dubai, the Emirati Govt knows this yet treat us with levity. Let's hit them where it matters most, (Their pocket) it's about time we change our foreign policy to reflect how we are being treated.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by id911(m): 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
luvmijeje:
Nigeria government love chasing shadows. They are dodging the main issue.

The main issue is that the UAE government banned airlines plying Nigeria to UAE routes except their own airline which is Emirate simply because they don't trust our laboratories. In return Nigeria government is banning Emirate simply because they decided to do their own test using laboratories not approved by the government.

The solution to this issue is diplomacy. More of our people travel there. Whether they like it or not, they have an edge against us. They should trace and fine laboratories that are compromising on saying the truth. I know of cases of 3 Nigerians who were positive and were looking for negative results.

You're contradicting yourself. If more of our people travel there, who's going to lose the economic benefits? So, you don't know majority of our people go there for shopping and to spend money?

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
izibili44:
bring am I go give oluwole boys. Them go work on am for am

Finger print and face recognition go betray am.

Re: FG Suspends Outbound Emirates Flights by Coldie(m): 7:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
read the story well it's not about the test it's a form of retaliation for Dubai banning Nigerians from entering their country through other countries apart from Nigeria for example if u are in london to go to Dubai as a Nigerian u must fly to Nigeria first then go to Dubai through Nigeria. Does that make any sense?. Since Nigerians can't go to Dubai through other countries then no single Nigerian will go to Dubai through Nigeria... Is the policy bad?

Enough Of IGP, Police Commission Power Tussle / 28 Killed In Fresh Southern Kaduna Attack / Governor Amaechi Calls For Ngf Meeting

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65