Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls (45969 Views)

Hiking Idere Hills - The New Tourist Attraction In Oyo State / Abuja Aircraft Crash: Names Of The Seven Personnel Released By Nigerian Air Forc / My Weird & Creepy Experience At Erin Ijesha Waterfalls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by travelwaka: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2021
Waterfalls are natures gift to man, you might have seen them in movies, pictures, documentary or possibly visited one. Erin Ijesha is one of the many waterfalls in Nigeria. It is a seven-step waterfall located in the heart of Osun State. Erin Ijesha waterfall is located in Southwest Nigeria. Erin Ijesha can be loosely translated as the Elephant of Ijesha. At the top of the hill on the seventh floor is the source of the water and the ancient Abake Village.
It is also known as the Olumirin Waterfalls.
Erin Ijesha waterfall is one of the most accessible waterfalls in Nigeria. It is less than a kilometre from the express. No wonder it is one of the most visited waterfalls in Nigeria.
It is one of the many natural wonders of the world in Nigeria. The first floor is usually less populated with water gushing down from the top. It is the favourite destination for people scared of height and does not want to engage in the endurance trek. It has seven different falls, the second level is the largest with water gushing down from over 40 metres from the top of the mountain. The Erin Ijesha waterfall is the definition of natures beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTKLjqqei1s

https://www.travelwaka.com/erin-ijesha-waterfalls-the-olumirin-waterfalls-osun-state/

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by travelwaka: 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2021
We are organizing a Valentine's day hangout

La Campagne Tropicana is one of the most beautiful resort in Nigeria. Travelwaka will be oeganizing a one day trip to this beautiful resort in Lagos.

Travelwaka Valentine's Day Baecation
Featuring
Swimming Pool
Beach Games
Dancing competition
Singles and Couples game
Blind Date
Food and Drinks
Travelwaka Souvenirs
Kayaking
Watersport activities
Water bicycle
Boat cruise

Venue - La Champagne Tropicana

Gate Fee - Single 20,000
Couple - 38,000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by travelwaka: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2021
Tips When Visiting Erin Ijesha Waterfall
1. If you are not physically fit , don't go beyond the second floor
2. Wear something comfortable.
3. Wear a gripping shoe
4. If you have a phobia for height do not attempt to go past the first or second level.
5. Hold enough cash, they do not accept transfers nor do they have POS machines.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by travelwaka: 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2021
The first two floors are the waterfalls while the other floors require some rigorous hiking and climbing meant only for the strong-hearted. The amazing thing about this journey is the last floor which is the seventh, leads to a village in Ekiti. The over one hour of hiking will lead you to another state entirely.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by travelwaka: 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2021
The waterfall forms a shallow pool on the second floor during the rainy season where Tourist can swim. This is one of the many wonders in Nigeria

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by travelwaka: 2:38pm On Feb 05, 2021
Lalasticlala this is one of the tallest waterfalls in Southwest Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by illicit(m): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nice one....

2 Likes

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Mindlog: 4:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
With that waterfall, surrounding villages should be having uninterrupted power supply.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by travelwaka: 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
I wish this was the case, the village at the top of the mountain doesn't even have power supply. Waterfall doesn't equals electricity

Mindlog:
With that waterfall, surrounding villages should be having uninterrupted power supply.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Mindlog: 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2021
travelwaka:
I wish this was the case, the village at the top of the mountain doesn't even have power supply. Waterfall doesn't equals electricity

This link will give you an insight how waterfall should equal electricity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7q1v_rNsoo

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by chibinobim16259: 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2021
The waterfall forms a shallow pool on the second floor during the rainy season where Tourist can swim. This is one of the many wonders in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Risingblue008(m): 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nature at it's peak

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by iCauseTrouble: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2021
sad
Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Zannx(m): 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2021
Damnnn..
Nigeria has a long way to go

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Godpikin4real(f): 7:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
This is simply wow!!!
Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by iamclime(m): 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
travelwaka:
Waterfalls are natures gift to man, you might have seen them in movies, pictures, documentary or possibly visited one. Erin Ijesha is one of the many waterfalls in Nigeria. It is a seven-step waterfall located in the heart of Osun State. Erin Ijesha waterfall is located in Southwest Nigeria. Erin Ijesha can be loosely translated as the Elephant of Ijesha. At the top of the hill on the seventh floor is the source of the water and the ancient Abake Village.
It is also known as the Olumirin Waterfalls.
Erin Ijesha waterfall is one of the most accessible waterfalls in Nigeria. It is less than a kilometre from the express. No wonder it is one of the most visited waterfalls in Nigeria.
It is one of the many natural wonders of the world in Nigeria. The first floor is usually less populated with water gushing down from the top. It is the favourite destination for people scared of height and does not want to engage in the endurance trek. It has seven different falls, the second level is the largest with water gushing down from over 40 metres from the top of the mountain. The Erin Ijesha waterfall is the definition of natures beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTKLjqqei1s

https://www.travelwaka.com/erin-ijesha-waterfalls-the-olumirin-waterfalls-osun-state/
Nice one! Remember our group trip there in 2010. I hope the government has improved the facilities there, especially the road leading to the waterfall?
The real name is OLUMINRIN WATERFALL, located in Erin-Ijesha.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by thelinguist: 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
Naija government is bad at tourism.. Let oyinbo handle this place, people will be doing vacation there!!

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
While the enemies of Nigeria are shouting fulanis herdmen everywhere, see how travelwaka dey do local tourism all over the west without issues.

If you believe news online, you will think that Nigeria is at war.

16 Likes

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by PAPAFEELERS: 7:08pm On Feb 05, 2021
Killer herdsmen never reach here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by maytiti: 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nigeria is vast in tourism potentials!!!
You can join the program tomorrow... If the government failed to help, you can as well help yourself!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by Kingpele(m): 7:10pm On Feb 05, 2021
Well at least it is very close to express road ,it is relatively safe to go there cos this primitive herders love to be far in the forest reservations

2 Likes

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by HelloNLpeople: 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
A company I work for needs writers in Ilorin.

Basic Requirements

1. Minimum of Bachelor's degree
2. Computer literate
3. Microsoft Word and Excel proficient
4. Good command of English
5. Excellent writing skills
6. Reside or ready to relocate in Ilorin

Salary will be disclosed after interview.

Contact?

Message me via Nairaland email.

P.S. Don't drop your numbers expecting me to message you because I won't.

1 Like

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by cpu2006(m): 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
I pass through Erin Ijesha water fall last week Thursday when I was coming from Abuja.
Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by GoshenNLA(m): 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
A nice tourism spot, I’v been there once
In another news......
You need dope pencil portrait (artwork) for your family and friends, kindly check my signature for Nice samples and make your order for your portrait Frames

1 Like

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by LordShiva97(m): 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
It's really beautiful, I will definitely visit one day. The government should do well and develop the local tourism industry.
Nice one Travel Waka, kudos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by AvaDesign: 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2021
Wow! Will love to explore

Abeg Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details

1 Like

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by paulolee(m): 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
very beautiful piece of nature...finally I don see wr to propose dis valentine..
would take bea to this site n ask her hand for marriage, am still broke n struggling n she fit no say yes, na to jus push her inside d water mk e carry her go..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by mfm04622: 7:17pm On Feb 05, 2021
Mindlog:

This link will give you an insight how waterfall should equal electricity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7q1v_rNsoo

Half education is dangerous!

What is the volume of water in that waterfall that will generate electricity for the villages? Go and see the dams used to generate electricity and compare it to the stream you want electricity to be generated from!
Not that you can't generate electricity from that stream, but it will be minute and not worth the effort.
2 things are needed when you want to generate electricity from water, the volume of water and the difference in height. The difference in height is the limiting factor in most river with good volume. But in this case with good height difference, the volume is too low

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by revived: 7:18pm On Feb 05, 2021
I dae H jare undecided
Re: Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls by BestMan001: 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nature is great.

Beautiful scenes. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Lagos To Replace Okada, Tricycle From July / LASTMA Was Pursuing The Trailer That Killed 15 Schoolchildren In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.