Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria (476 Views)

Aviation Stakeholders Condemn Lopsided Appointments In NCAA, FAAN, NAMA, AIB / FG Lifts Suspension On Fuel Supply To Border Communities / APC Lifts Suspension Of Akeredolu, Amosun, Okorocha, Usani Uguru, Osita Okechukw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by Omooba77: 8:56pm On Feb 05, 2021
Airline suspends Rapid Antigen Test (RDT) requirements for passengers
By Lawani Mikairu
Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, Friday evening lifted the suspension it imposed on Emirates airlines for violating COVID-19 protocols.

This is coming as the airline suspends Rapid Antigen Test (RDT) requirements for passengers.

The authority, had, with effect from 4th February, suspended the airline from operating out of Nigeria.

A statement from NCAA and signed by the Director General, Captain Musa Nuhu reads: “The Public is hereby notified of the immediate lifting of the suspension placed on Emirates airlines operations in Nigeria.

“The Presidential Task Force (PTF) of COVID-19 was made aware of the requirement by Emirates Airlines and KLM for passengers travelling from Nigeria on their flights to Dubai and Amsterdam to undergo a Rapid Antigen Test (RDT) Four (4) hours from the time of flights departure. This requirement is in addition to the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test done 72 hours from the date of departure by passengers.

“The implementation of the additional requirement by the Two (2) airlines was commenced without the prior notification or approval of the PTF and other regulatory bodies in Nigeria. This led to the provision of RDT testing by organisations and laboratories that have not been approved by the PTF and other Regulatory agencies for RDTat or around our international airports in Lagos and Abuja.

“The PTF upon review of the situation directed the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) to inform the airlines to either suspend the requirement for pre-departure RDT or their flights to the country until such a time when the required infrastructure and logistics have been put in place for RDT by the Government.

“Emirates Airlines, however, continued their operations requiring passengers to carry out the RDT test Six (6) hours from the time-of-flight departure from Nigeria.

The PTF, therefore, directed for the immediate suspension of Emirates Airlines operations to Nigeria effective 4th February 2021 until when the needed infrastructure and logistics are put in place for the RDT test by the Nigerian Government.

“Emirates Airlines, on 5th February 2021, informed the NCAA in writing that the UAE Government has given the airline approval to suspend the pre-departure RDT requirement for passengers travelling on their flight to Dubai.

Consequent upon the foregoing, the PTF directed the NCAA to lift the suspension placed on Emirates Airlines flights into Nigeria with effective from 5th February 2021.

“The Public is hereby informed as follows: Emirates Airlines no longer requires passengers to carry out pre-departure RDT.

No laboratory has been approved by the PTF and other regulatory agencies to carry out RDT for incoming or departing passengers.

The PTF will inform all Nigerians of any change(s) to the above,” Captain Nuhu said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/02/just-in-ncaa-lifts-suspension-of-emirates-flight-operations-in-nigeria/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
shocked

Till when I stop using Legediz as a means of transportation that's when this kinda news will concern me, as for now, It's Of No Importance To Me.
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by festacman(m): 9:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
Emirates nobi Ghana Airways.

Touching Emirates has diplomatic implications. I know a solution will be found within a short time.

1 Like

Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by Omooba77: 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

Till when I stop using Legediz as a means of transportation that's when this kinda news will concern me, as for now, It's Of No Importance To Me.

Pray to God to bless you sir. Emirates is the best airline, the first plane I watched live EPL game. If your waiting time is more than 7 hours, you will be lodged in atleast a 4 Star hotel....

1 Like

Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:47pm On Feb 05, 2021
Omooba77:

Pray to God to bless you sir. Emirates is the best airline, the first plane I watched live EPL game. If your waiting time is more than 7 hours, you will be lodged in atleast a 4 Star hotel....
Na true but God go bless that legediz for not forsaken me in the time of long walks
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by Omooba77: 9:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Na true but God go bless that legediz for not forsaken me in the time of long walks

Walking is very good, but flying is far better. Not Air Nigeria saha...
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
festacman:
Emirates nobi Ghana Airways.

Touching Emirates has diplomatic implications. I know a solution will be found within a short time.
Didn't you read the post at all? The UAE had to cancel the RDT test for Nigerians traveling to the UAE.

Do you know how much Emirate go lose if them no backtrack sha? Some of their one way ticket don pass 600k.
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by thelinguist: 9:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
Omooba77:

walking has health benefits, what benefits does flying have?
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by slivertongue: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
unserious county
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2021
Omooba77:

Then I need to contact Uyi my Edo friend for more information lipsrsealed
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by festacman(m): 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
BabaOwen:
Didn't you read the post at all? The UAE had to cancel the RDT test for Nigerians traveling to the UAE.

Do you know how much Emirate go lose if them no backtrack sha? Some of their one way ticket don pass 600k.

The PUNITIVE suspension was supposed to last 72 hours. I am not sure it was up to that.
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
festacman:

The PUNITIVE suspension was supposed to last 72 hours. I am not sure it was up to that.
They cancelled the suspension after Emirate complied with the rules
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by blackboy(m): 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2021
FG always flexing and trying to be tough but all na show.
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by festacman(m): 10:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
BabaOwen:
They cancelled the suspension after Emirate complied with the rules

That's my point. The suspension was done in a flash. FG would have done some shakara before lifting the suspension if it involved some other lesser airways
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by Omooba77: 10:19pm On Feb 05, 2021
festacman:

That's my point. The suspension was done in a flash. FG would have done some shakara before lifting the suspension if it involved some other lesser airways

We are not big as before.
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by festacman(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2021
Omooba77:

We are not big as before.

Like the human society, economic prosperity plays a strong role in international relations.
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by 4ckyou: 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2021
BabaOwen:

Don't mind them, them they flex muscle for naija them no know say naija too get muscle to flex, if them make us vex self we will influence other ecowas state to suspend them too, I they come make I call baba
Re: Just In: NCAA Lifts Suspension Of Emirates Flight Operations In Nigeria by Mynd44: 2:12am On Feb 06, 2021

(1)

Lady Seriously Warned Nnamdi Kanu Be Very Careful, That His Close Friends Will B / Why These 10 Nigerian Politicians Are Desperate To Be President Of Nigeria 2023 / Nyampa Is Doing Well, The Best Federal Lawmaker Our Area Ever Produced-kwache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.