Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? (1977 Views)

Ekiti LG Elections: Accreditation, Distribution Of Election Materials & Voting / Mob Beat Up INEC Driver For ‘Diverting’ Election Materials / APC Woman Leader In Lagos West Allegedly Caught With Election Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by JimmyBoy1: 10:06am On Apr 06, 2011
It is no longer news that legislative elections were postponed due to logistics challenges as regards election materials. It was reported that some sensitive documents were printed abroad and they could not be delivered on schedule. However, one will wonder why we have to print election materials abroad, when we have several security printing firms like NSPMC, Kalamazoo, Superflux, Tripple Gee in our country. Between Nigeria and South-Africa, we know the country that has the higher unemployment rate, so what could be the justification for outsourcing our jobs to South - Africa?
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by Vigilante: 11:46am On Apr 06, 2011
Yes we should. We are terrible, we are bad.  If the Pope were a Nigeria and you print in his convent, the Nigerian politician will still get hold of it before election day.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by efisher(m): 11:51am On Apr 06, 2011
It is absolutely unnecessary to print abroad. We can print in here and control it properly. It is as easy as ABC. Just a little thinking can do the magic.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by sheriffman(m): 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2011
Well U are right, we have no biz printing abroad but then knowing the ways of the pdp and the nature of our politicians we may have no better option for now @ least until a better time.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by bennie1980(m): 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2011
I'm baffled at the INEC's decision to print the election materials outside Nigeria.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2011
The corruption enthrowned by the over ambitious military elites led by Buhari has so much eaten deep into the fabrics of this nation. If those cards are printed here, believe me, by now you can just walk into almost "any shop" and purchase your desired quantity. Quality is sure.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by sayso: 12:21pm On Apr 06, 2011
no, sabotage
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by vinmol: 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2011
should we print bank cheques abroad? should we print our recharge cards abroad? so wat are minting and security companies in Nigeria for? mschewwwwwwwwww rubbish Nigerian Government always looking for the slightest opportunity to defraud our treasury and take it to their foreign accounts
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by efisher(m): 12:25pm On Apr 06, 2011
If we can print bank notes why not ballot papers. We can apply the same control measures.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by brighter: 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2011
Am disappointed that we print these abroad. Pumping almost 100 billion naira that was used for the printing would hv done the country a lot of good in terms of revenue & job creation. As for security, until we tell ourselves the truth, if we print our notes & recharge cards here, I don't think there is any security justification for this decision.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by Seum(f): 1:30pm On Apr 06, 2011
Yes. No reason
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by dustydee: 1:38pm On Apr 06, 2011
Vigilante:

Yes we should. We are terrible, we are bad.  If the Pope were a Nigeria and you print in his convent, the Nigerian politician will still get hold of it before election day.
speak for yourself and stop generalising, you are terrible,you are bad.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by logica(m): 1:45pm On Apr 06, 2011
Since the point of printing abroad is to ensure our endemic corruption does not mess the process up, then we might as well not hold elections. First reduce corruption to the barest minimum before embarking on anything else. Simple as that.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by Vigilante: 2:00pm On Apr 06, 2011
dustydee:

speak for yourself and stop generalising, you are terrible,you are bad.

On this topic Jonathan's Kids Have Resumed And Are In Session Despite Inec Directive, #10 on: January 18, 2011, 11:19 AM » you wrote [b]why are we doing this to ourselves. It is Nigerians that will steal our oil for foreign oil companies.[/b]. 

I guess you were not generalising there. 

You sanctimonious Hypocrite. 

If you steal Nigeria's oil, I dont.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by kcjazz(m): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2011
No! Whats up with Security and Minting agency? Perhaps we print our currency abroad. What we need to do is to evolve strategies that reduces emphasis on result sheets, make it unattractive for rigging, so far only a huge turnout can do that. Or learn from WAEC and JAMB logistic guys. They used to have this problem undecided
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by JimmyBoy1: 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2011
Just learnt that INEC may have spent about N13B to print these materials abroad, how could we bless South Africa with this large some of money, when people can barely feed their countries. I f we can print our currency notes by ourselves, then thre is certainly no justification for printing abroad.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by GP15: 5:57pm On Apr 06, 2011
totally unnecessary to print it abroad. Election is in another 4 years time and we keep going abroad every 4 years to print these materials
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by 4ee: 8:33pm On Apr 06, 2011
No, we should not.
If the reason for printing abroad is to curb malpractices,then that cannot be achieved because same people the papers are being "hidden" from will find a way to still cheat. grin

If the papers are printed here and the right security provided, things will go as planned.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by efisher(m): 10:34pm On Apr 06, 2011
Even the imported DDC machines were compromised on arrival! Printing abroad is a pure waste of funds plus complication of logistics.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2011
It's not that we can't print in Nigeria, but it's fear of Oluwole materials.
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by jobadmin(m): 4:20am On Apr 07, 2011
i hope so if thats what will get rid of election manipulation
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by DECOtech(m): 8:43pm On Apr 07, 2011
First, I heard it was in Japan so d earthquake caused d delay. Now I'm hearing South-Africa. Why shld we even print something as common as ballot paper abroad? Sometimes I'm ashamed of my country. Oh my God!
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by Emmy3(m): 3:50am On Apr 08, 2011
Nigeria is a Country not a town.
So why don't we do it here 2 boost our Independence + Economy?
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by Emmy3(m): 3:57am On Apr 08, 2011
What do you Xpect when thousands of Millions was given 2 INEC for the printing.
Jega would have printed it himself in his room OR use rough paper if he is 2 do the printing from his Pocket. . .
Re: Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad? by Pittbaby(f): 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2011
very funny how naijas are very willing to offshore jobs , and we complain about unemployment

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Beats Wife To Coma / One Nigeria: What Do You Think / 1,075 Rivers Ex-militants Rejected At Training Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.