Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" (1443 Views)

10 Signs Of A Prosperity Gospel That Actually Makes You Poor / How To Tell A Prosperity Preacher / I Received Death Threats From A Prosperity Teacher! By D.p.j (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" by dare2think: 10:19am On Apr 06, 2011
In my opinion not much.
Please I'm only going to express my observation and do not intend to offend anyone. Instead I would want us to have  an open mind as religious subjects tend to be emotive and sometimes remove crucial elements of reasoning from the average mind. I strongly criticize a church that emphasize a great deal about enrichment at the same time takes from the congregation to enrich themselves. At what time did faith become a commodity to buy in order get something in-return. I'm not adept with the scriptures of the bible but who is? The interpretation of the bible is only dependant on who reads it and to those being read to. That's why 10 pastors will have ten different meanings on the same verse. Their is no uniformity hence the different denominations. To my understanding,I doubt if Jesus was really adamant about riches on earth.

Nobody is saying Christians should be pauper's but contentment and hard work should be more encouraged from our Pastor's. Miracles without verification(even Jesus proved his miracles),bogus tithe manipulation,justification for unnecessary luxury on the pastor's part seem to be rampant amongst pentecostal churches these days.

Please can somebody sane explain to me what a religious leader needs a luxury Jet for? last time I checked Dangote, Jimoh Ibrahim, Otedola, Mike adenuga have all got this item.It cost £50k a day to park a jet at heathrow. These are business men. Some of you would say to ease traffic for the pastor as he has a lot of schedules. Are you serious? Are they now different from the average man that travel moderately. Where is the Humility? Are we not meant to follow Christ's ways?
Some would say the Church members gave them. Pls did they carry ouT a referendum? Can't they kindly say no? If the church offers to give them a yacht are they obliged to accept? These are luxury items for the extremely rich. In my opinion, they should abstain from this luxury till everyone they come across would be able to feed themselves 3 times a day. Look at mother Theresa for God's sake.

Truth is Prosperity is a result of hard work,diligence and luck and not the amount of money that you give the church. For me, church is to enhance your spirituality,after which every other thing comes along depending on your attitude. Our collective religious life is a reflection of our political landscape. Deceit is Rife.

A business Man's main aim is profit, what your religious leader's aim?
Re: Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2011
my dear,i can see you are creating double standard for yourself without knowing.

the pastor and the entrepreneur are both businessmen. my Pastor humorously said he is a businessman but in a different line from others. while a circular (permit me to use that word) businessman is in the business of buying,selling and rendering of services ,preachers are in the business of getting people to accept christ and avoid all forms of vice,in the end they all get paid
Re: Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" by dare2think: 10:52am On Apr 06, 2011
@aguiyi

Pls try and understand the concept of Irony or look for the meaning.
Besides, are you now saying that your church is a business? And your Pastor "humorously" called himself a businessman.

I rest my case.
Re: Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" by GreyBeard: 10:56am On Apr 06, 2011
aguiyi:

my dear,i can see you are creating double standard for yourself without knowing.

the pastor and the entrepreneur are both businessmen. my Pastor humorously said he is a businessman but in a different line from others. while a circular (permit me to use that word) businessman is in the business of buying,selling and rendering of services ,preachers are in the business of getting people to accept christ and avoid all forms of vice,in the end they all get paid

@aguiyi
God does not need business men or sales men. Here are words from the Master himself:

Matthew 6:19
"19. Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal,   24. No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other: or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."
Re: Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" by ogajim(m): 12:20pm On Apr 06, 2011
Seems to me that Aguiyi needs a new Church rather than "worshiping" at a "business center" Are you kidding me? A pastor "humorously called himself a businessman"?
Re: Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" by abes(m): 12:27pm On Apr 06, 2011
A business man pays tax
Re: Difference Btw A Business Man & A Prosperity "pastor" by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 06, 2011
dare2think:

@aguiyi

Pls try and understand the concept of Irony or look for the meaning.
Besides, are you now saying that your church is a business? And your Pastor "humorously" called himself a businessman.

I rest my case.
Educate me if he deem it necessary,am not mr. know it all

i will get the tape of that days message and find a way to put it online for those who cares afterall christ said he is going about his fathers business in Lk 2:49,
however you see it,what a man does to provide for his needs in his line of business

abes:

A business man pays tax

this is a different line of business

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Goes Abroad To Celebrate 30 Years Marriage Anniversary / Are We The Only Ones God Created In Our Galaxy / Crossing over to a new Inheritance @ Deeper Life December Retreat. Dec 20th-22nd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.