Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,504 members, 7,808,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Mi: I Washed Toilets, Worked In The Restaurants And All Sorts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mi: I Washed Toilets, Worked In The Restaurants And All Sorts (1120 Views)

Olajumoke & NTA Crew Tour The Bakery Where She Worked Before The Fame (Pics) / Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) / SHOCKING! A Real Mermaid Found Washed Ashore At A Beach;dead [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mi: I Washed Toilets, Worked In The Restaurants And All Sorts by pappykay1(m): 11:08am On Apr 06, 2011
You had ever wondered if MI who many do refer to 'ajebutter' Behind kind of rapper has once been an ordinary man on the street hustling. MI disclosed this in an interview he had with moses alao and segun adebayo. Interestingly, he also confessed that his VISA refusal had prompted him to go into music
Excerpts from the interview

What jobs did you do?
I ended up doing things I would never do in Nigeria. I washed toilets, worked in the restaurants and all sorts, but the beautiful thing about the place is that they will never look down on you because of your work. If you like, pack shits on the streets, they appreciate it because, to them, you are better than a rich man’s son on the street who does nothing, they hate laziness.

Why didn’t you complete your studies before you came back to the country?
I was about rounding up when I left. If I had finished, I would have stayed but I had to come down. When I came back and wanted to return, I was not given a visa, so I had to stay and before I knew it, the music thing started and here we are.

Re: Mi: I Washed Toilets, Worked In The Restaurants And All Sorts by raphrinco: 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2011
thank god for mi,thats a nice lesson to all youths .having focus is what makes a man,knowing that determination leads to success.if you like , pray and ask god to take you a higher level,because without him you are going know where.thanks.
Re: Mi: I Washed Toilets, Worked In The Restaurants And All Sorts by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 08, 2011
Bros dis ur story no get head or tail. What countrry was he doing all dis hustle? You for provide the full tori nah, haba. Anyways, good to know M.I paid his dues man. He's one dude that I like a lot.
Re: Mi: I Washed Toilets, Worked In The Restaurants And All Sorts by raphrinco: 12:15am On Apr 13, 2011
d head and tail valuer go and for timaya to tell you d true story .
Re: Mi: I Washed Toilets, Worked In The Restaurants And All Sorts by aliyud: 1:43am On Apr 13, 2011
humbling story. what country was that please?
Re: Mi: I Washed Toilets, Worked In The Restaurants And All Sorts by Mcleo007(m): 12:51am On Apr 14, 2011
Na Cambodia wey dude go hustle for 4yrs. Lmao!

(1) (Reply)

Guess Who This Is ! Who Is In This Picture ! / Korto Momolu New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 Collection / Meet Beyonce: Singer,Dancer,Actress,Entrepreneur...Now Award Winning Journalist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.