Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act (29605 Views)

Obaseki: Election Losers Exploiting Herders/Farmers Crisis In Edo / Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors / FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by franxalive(m): 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2021
[s][/s]
kingsavage:
nigeria will split according to ethnic homogenity bros..
Like this:
Yoruboid republic
Igboid republic
Ijoid republic
Ibibiod republic
Edoid republic
Middle belt like 2 countries
[s][/s]

BIAFRA REPUBLIC... recognised
Oduduwa Republic... recognised
Middle belt... subsequently.
The remnant North...as they want let them do... their headache

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by lexy2014: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I have a thick skin, so i am not concerned about billions of causes from emotional people, i am more interested in the peace and unity of Nigeria.

How has buhari ensured d peace and unity of nigeria that u are interested in?

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Omoslim26: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Is opening gazing the problem.

You are more concerned about open gazing that you left real issues that affects your life like lack of constant electricity, high electricity tarrif and increase in price of food.

Times call for priorities
And the priority right now is that some group of persons kill and do all manner of attrocities and dey go Scott free and are even unhealthily pampered by the FG

I have lost someone to dis hurry-skurry dis madness and up till today since 2016 justice is no where to be found for the father in law of my Cousin

I can never bring myself to the submission that all fulani are killers bcus there is no ground for an iota of intelligence in dat but the good ones among them must compromise to ensure that dis madness is curbed and

BANNING OPEN GRAZING IS ONE FINE WAY TO BEGIN

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by emilo2bad: 9:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
jawalis:
We want that war if it’ll divide Nigeria into 3 countries.
Only 3 countries? Then more trouble at least 75 countries

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by ogododo: 9:26pm On Feb 06, 2021

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by kingsavage: 9:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
franxalive:
[/s][s]

BIAFRA REPUBLIC... recognised
Oduduwa Republic... recognised
Middle belt... subsequently.
The remnant North...as they want let them do... their headache
what of the south south? Or you want to forcefully claim them to be biafra because you don't want to be oceanless? grin grin
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by kingsavage: 9:27pm On Feb 06, 2021
emilo2bad:

Only 3 countries? Then more trouble at least 75 countries
grin grin
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by CaptainDo: 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Stop crying like a juveline old man

Why the insult on Soyinka, bro?
It is highly uncalled for, please.
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by DarkJeddi(m): 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mattressdoctor:
Nothing will happen. It will sort itself out.
Is that how you approach your life issues?

It will sort itself out? shocked

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by michoim(m): 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
I align with Soyinka on this one...
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by manyr4luv: 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You are more concerned about open gazing that you left real issues that affects your life like lack of constant electricity, high electricity tarrif and increase in price of food.

Go and see down asap!
Cow brain.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by DarkJeddi(m): 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I have a thick skin, so i am not concerned about billions of causes from emotional people, i am more interested in the peace and unity of Nigeria.
You are an 1DIOT.. shocked

F00ls like you lack the intellectual capacity to appreciate what is going on.. angry

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by cryptotech: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2021
DanielPop:
Ah! I remember the giddy days and fervor with which the Yoruba's campaigned for Buhari! How their girls would kiss his poster. How they did t-shirt aso-ebi's with Buhari and Osibanjo's picture where they were drinking sachet Milo tea! Ah those heady days! Days where the yoruba's poured online warriors all over the internet to sell buhari's candidacy, a man they dressed in borrowed garbs from the East and West but never in fulani attire!

A man they insanely loved to the point that they hated anyone who said otherwise and called them "thieves" or beneficiaries of PDP"looters." Yoruba imams, pastors and babalawo's praised and prayed consistently for Buhari and earnestly yearned for his leadership because, to them, he would rule with hate for corruption, nepotism, ethnic chauvinism and he would be a President for all. They cursed all in opposition and labelled them with all sorts, such was the hate emanating from the very top of religion/religious leaders. Indeed for all! Yoruba intelligentsia all lined up and outdid themselves with beautiful prose in awe of buhari!

You were hated in class, in the market, in church, in mosque, on the streets and in friendly gatherings if you dared speak against their messiah - buhari! Such was the love that friends cut ties, religious institutions blacklisted anyone who did not toe the buhari line. It was a complete wipeout of opposing voices of reason or call for closer scrutiny of the man they were selling! Even their revered poet body-shamed a fellow human being with the appellation - "shepopotamus." Such was the hate that it didn't matter the victim was a woman!

Ah Yoruba's! With all your self-proclaimed "sophistication" and "discerning nature" this is what you came up with? A monster that is devouring your people and spreading his tentacles to those that never supported the "leopard" who can never shed it spots? With all your intelligence, you never saw what blind bats saw? You forgot "words" or rather chose to forget "words" he spoke in front of Lam Adeshina when he openly threw statesmanship aside and batted in favor of "my people," the same people that are now throwing murder, rape, looting, kidnapping, mayhem like candies in all directions?

Haba Yoruba people! You have brought home ant-infested maggots but now complaining of the lizards visiting you? Truly, your refusal to learn from history but to be carried away by selfishness and unbridled desire for position caused all this. You were all swept away by your secret fantasies that Buhari will die and Osibanjo will become President! You were even wishing buhari death too, while extolling his "virtues." Ah Yoruba people, was Janus this two-faced?

Before you begin to insult me, let what I have written cause you to pause and ponder instead of your usual nature of attacking the story-teller who will not tell a story that excites you. Ingest this write-up to incite your thinking abilities and conscience. Let it inspire you to realise that you failed in your quest to use the emperor you installed as a pedestal to attain power. You did not only fail, you brought down the house on your head and that of your neighbors in the process!

Which ever road you travel from here MY YORUBA PEOPLE history has already recorded this event and it will forever remain not only as a deep scar on your conscience but is now your branding! In this 21st century and it's attendant technologies you have repeated the mistakes of Afonja. As you set about unravelling the knots with which you tied us all, let true (not insincere) fairness, equity and selflessness guide you! Ah yoruba!!!!!!
you are a fool, is it all of them that vote for him?
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by SonOfTheRisingS: 9:32pm On Feb 06, 2021
Biafra forests and bushes are a no-go zone see for fulani jihadist.

Nigerian Igbo otelectuals, governors and politicians; must not be allowed to escape from public debates IPOB vs Nigeria the zoo during upcoming #Revolution..... They escaped during #ENDSARS protests only to resumed to unleashed fulani jihadist into Yoruba indigenous communities.

#Biafraexit

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Ajixegun: 9:33pm On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Let's imagine it is true.

What is your own solution?
You must be a very daft fellow
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Tonitoniton(m): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2021
Buhari and his killer brothers want war at all cost that is why he armed them to the teeth.

that is why he opened the border for his brothers in other west African countries to come in to unleash mayhem on Nigerians.

he wants war knowing fully well that they have the Nigerian armed forces in their palm plus the armed fulani terrorists in all our forests and towns.

if the Nigerian army faces u from the front, then his terrorist brothers will attack from the back through the forest.

Nigeria is well surrounded by Buharis evil agenda.

but, he and his evil kindred will be caught up in their evil schemes.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by amanzejude(m): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
This non-sense of destroying farmlands by Fulani herdsmen in the SE will never happen again.

Eastern Security Network (ESN) is on ground to show them that it is no longer business as usual.

Even the soldiers understands the capabilities of ESN.

I hate rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by VTJN(m): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Social media is part of the problem because people using social media spread fake news which incite violence
you are more than right bro
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by olajizz01(m): 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Stop crying like a juveline old man

See this coward,your region is burning of the same crisis,your coward governors are paying your tormentors huge amount to continue terrorising you guys.

But all you could do is to come to other region to insult somebody who could father your mother. Idiot
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by DanielPop(m): 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2021
Only fools invest in what will kill them! grin
cryptotech:

you are a fool, is it all of them that vote for him?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Inkling(f): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Government need to regulate social media.

Social media is the cause of all these problems.

Naive people write and post fake informations online to incite violence without knowing the consequences of their actions.

When you start to blame a particular group for all the violence in Nigeria, that group wont sit down and look in idle they will react in anger and violence.

People lives are at stake, a possible civil war will end in disaster for everyone.

Believe me, you don't want to lose your properties, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, uncles and aunties to war.

Neither will you love to see your hands and legs chopped and your sisters or mothers raped in your front because you come from a particular tribe.

War is evil.

Off key.
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Kazim88: 9:44pm On Feb 06, 2021
lexy2014:

D man is full of double talk. Instead of him berating Yoruba leaders for their docility in d face of this clear and present danger, this is all he could say:

"I’m glad that governors are already dialoguing with groups like Miyetti Allah (cattle breeders),”

How can governors be negotiating with cattle rearers on d issue of insecurity when d cattle rearers are clearly criminals and d cause of d insecurity? When fayose was governor, did he negotiate with cattle rearers?

Because Nigeria have been check-mated.

Nothing Southwest can do.

The only institution that have enough resources and logistics to Wade off this current Invasion is the Govt but A Fulani herdsman is our president... Democratically elected by full Nigerians...

Only an alternate emergency govt can fight
off this herders but the new govt will have to contend with Fulanize FG.

So you breakout - war against FG and Herdsmen

You remain silent: unprovoked war from Herdsmen with inderect support of the Govt

You talk too much - DSS will silent you.

The mistake was made in 2023. Fulanis and Yoruba have no business together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by amanzejude(m): 9:45pm On Feb 06, 2021
The same way Army and Lai Mohammed are spreading fake news of events in Nigeria.

They never reports the true nature of events that are fueling the crisis in the country.

When Nigerians reports the true causes of major crisis we are witnessing on social media for the whole world to see, then you tag it incitement of violence and fake news.

thebosstrevor1:

Social media is part of the problem because people using social media spread fake news which incite violence
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by obama30: 9:45pm On Feb 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:

https://www.thecable.ng/soyinka-herders-farmers-crisis-could-lead-to-civil-war-if-we-dont-act/amp

As long there's force union, we can't avoid war, it's matter of time.

There's many reasons to fight war, people fight to protect their territory, while inverders fight to take over someone territories.

People fight war for religion control and imposing their believe to others, it call crusader.

People fight when constitute security back Invaders because the inverders is their brothers, this type of war can be brutal because, the owners of territory is fighting two enemies, the one that disguise as security and the one that fight as invader. Here the territory owners fight anyone except themselves. Even peace makers got shot until the Invader quit or die.

People fight for independent from oppress government, independent for self governing.

Politicians also fight each other because of different ideaology, in this type of war soldiers and police willingly put their life for sacrifices, because they believe they love their nation and become sacrifice animals for politicians to live.

War is inevitable in life as long the people that form a country don't have one mother tongue, but borrowed language's.

War is inevitable in a society that force over 700 tribes to be one unstable nation.

War is inevitable in a nation that didn't carry all the tribe's along in making a constitution, where the constitution favor one-sided.

War is inevitable in a nation that doesn't have plans for youths.

War is inevitable in a nation that practice two major religion, whereby the nation don't have religion classification.

Finally war is inevitable in nation where cow is value that human being, value than food, and in a nation where a tribe of about 15 millions population has monopoly to kill and walk away free because of leading government support.

I see war in Nigeria, only I can't tell the time but it will surely come, and that will be end of Nigeria.

Hiring all meccenaries from Mali, Burkinafaso, Niger and Chad, cannot make those that hire them to win because, the people cannot be United again, because the unity die long years ago before the fight.

When France was feed up with BBF, British fight them for hundred years and didn't win the war.

When the Red Indians was feed up British lose and America was born.

Fulanis is just helping dreams that will have take long time to come, to manifest very soon even I don't know how soon but very soon.

The earlier Nigerians seat and discuss way forward, to 1963 constitution or go their separate way in peace is better for entire Nigerians.

I don't see nigeria win second civil war.

I told Nigeria police through their website some years ago to updating their service encase if there's any terrorist attack, then I was living in South Korea.

I told them that I don't see security that can tackle radicals in Nigeria if something as that happen. Today what are we seeing?

I write to some tribal heads to build up security against Invaders in 2012, then I was living at Italy, they ignore my latter's, but what's happening today.

I bet with 7 of my friends and win $12,000 bet in UK for my prediction that Buhari personal civilization is not needed in this century to lead nigeria, that after two years in power and Nigeria move better that they win, but is Nigeria got worst then I win.

We bet the money in 2015 when he win election. And by 2018 my friends call me and gives me my wining money.

the entire Nigerians need to seat together and see if there's future in force union, if they don't see future that can favors everyone in this force marriage, peaceful divorce should be best.

War is very bad, but can't be inervitable in future in Nigeria.

Good luck to all lover of truth and peace

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by SonOfTheRisingS: 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
Tonitoniton:
Buhari and his killer brothers want war at all cost that is why he armed them to the teeth.

that is why he opened the border for his brothers in other west African countries to come in to unleash mayhem on Nigerians.

he wants war knowing fully well that they have the Nigerian armed forces in their palm plus the armed fulani terrorists in all our forests and towns.

if the Nigerian army faces u from the front, then his terrorist brothers will attack from the back through the forest.

Nigeria is well surrounded by Buharis evil agenda.

but, he and his evil kindred will be caught up in their evil schemes.

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by bejeria101(m): 9:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
When the dullard last cowbender of daura won't act because he can't hear due to his ear infection
Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by SonOfTheRisingS: 9:57pm On Feb 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Is it fulani food that brought you to this world?

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by SonOfTheRisingS: 10:04pm On Feb 06, 2021
RALPHOW:
It's like you don't know the meaning of war.
Your mothers, sisters, wives may be raped.
You may loose your children, brothers and sisters.
Please nobody is looking for war, all we need is good governance.
Federal government should allow police to arrest, prosecute and jail the evil men in our society .

Re: Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act by Bullman(m): 10:06pm On Feb 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:

https://www.thecable.ng/soyinka-herders-farmers-crisis-could-lead-to-civil-war-if-we-dont-act/amp

Abeg i want to ask a question if a country disintegrates due to a civil war , what happens to the old currency cash in customers bank accounts??
Will everyone start from scratch or d newly created countries will be accepting d old money used before disintegration? you people should enlighten me now o because e no go tey before naija go split undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God Is Angry With Buhari – Fayose / Police Trail Those Who Killed And Beheaded Two Police At Orsumoghu / President Buhari Participates At Nigeria's 62nd Independence Ceremony (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.