Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,776 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter (5876 Views)

Best Broiler DOC / Folja Global Multiconcept... Fgm Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (doc) Online In Nig / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by chukskafor(m): 11:37pm On Mar 12, 2021
kennethfranc:

I got the drugs today...
Please what is the dosage Using this big drinker?
2 tablets of metronidazole and a capsule of tetracycline incorporated together per drinker will do just fine....... you can narrow it down to once a week

Though next time, try see if you can get the counting one than the sachet ones in order to reduce cost

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2021
jidestroud:

Lol
Like someone rightly pointed out, 1.8 - 2.2kg on average is achievable. By the way, pls do work on their feeding trough. You are wasting too much feed.

In that case I will go for 2.5kg.... Aggressive feeding though I know it wouldn't be pocket friendly at all.
With light @night 7pm-11pm
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
chukskafor:
2 tablets of metronidazole and a capsule of tetracycline incorporated together per drinker will do just fine....... you can narrow it down to once a week

Though next time, try see if you can get the counting one than the sachet ones in order to reduce cost
Its a big drinker that can contain the regular DOC drinker x3

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by chukskafor(m): 11:52pm On Mar 12, 2021
kennethfranc:

Its a big drinker that can contain the regular DOC drinker x3
Oh I see, second on that note, make it 3 flagyl and 2 tetracycline (by flagyl, I meant the metronidazole)
NB: all medication should be given in the morning after which if exhausted, you serve plain water

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 11:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
chukskafor:
Oh I see, second on that note, make it 3 flagyl and 2 tetracycline (by flagyl, I meant the metronidazole)
NB: all medication should be given in the morning after which if exhausted, you serve plain water
Noted. Thank alot
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by IamAsiri: 3:12am On Mar 13, 2021
kennethfranc:

where do you get them pls?

I buy them, from GS
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 10:33pm On Mar 15, 2021
Good evening all
Am very much grateful for all the advice... You are Giving all these without the "DM me" saga, may God reward you all a thousand fold.

Am happy to state that all the suggestions have been put in place; ranging from [ b] feeder, Increased feeding and the weekly medication. [/b]

1. I noticed that about 15% of the birds don't have access to the feeder when feed is served so I added extra Two.

2. After having a thought on the suggestions from @chukskafor and @jidestroud, I started the
Noemptyfeeder day and night
And am glad its working

While observingand practicing these suggestions, I just randomly weighed the biggest and the least among them (hope my eyes no deceive me sha)

@ 5weeks +3days
Highest weight = 2.7kg
Least weight = 1.6kg
( the one wey vow say em go dey carry last)
Am very sorry my phone was low so I couldn't take pictures but I will repeat the exercise on Friday @ exactly 6weeks old
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by chukskafor(m): 7:49am On Mar 16, 2021
kennethfranc:
Good evening all
Am very much grateful for all the advice... You are Giving all these without the "DM me" saga, may God reward you all a thousand fold.

Am happy to state that all the suggestions have been put in place; ranging from [ b] feeder, Increased feeding and the weekly medication. [/b]

1. I noticed that about 15% of the birds don't have access to the feeder when feed is served so I added extra Two.

2. After having a thought on the suggestions from @chukskafor and @jidestroud, I started the
Noemptyfeeder day and night
And am glad its working

While observingand practicing these suggestions, I just randomly weighed the biggest and the least among them (hope my eyes no deceive me sha)

@ 5weeks +3days
Highest weight = 2.7kg
Least weight = 1.6kg
( the one wey vow say em go dey carry last)
Am very sorry my phone was low so I couldn't take pictures but I will repeat the exercise on Friday @ exactly 6weeks old
Way to go bra, you are doing well........
No forget to send me my own Easter fowl ooo, Lolz
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by jidestroud(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2021
@kennethfranc

Great update. Do furnish us with the details of the amount spent to achieve all the stages. With that, we would be able to see profitable it is.
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
jidestroud:
@kennethfranc

Great update. Do furnish us with the details of the amount spent to achieve all the stages. With that, we would be able to see profitable it is.
Sure I will do that before selling.... I appreciate all your inputs
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
chukskafor:
Way to go bra, you are doing well........
No forget to send me my own Easter fowl ooo, Lolz

Am very much grateful sir
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by chukskafor(m): 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2021
kennethfranc:

Am very much grateful sir
I am always filled with joy when I see a young lad up and doing and my joy knows no bounds when I am part of the circle that contributed in a way or another towards that project.... remain blessed

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by TheFalcons: 6:36am On Mar 17, 2021
Better farmer.
I'm happy our chicks are doing well. grin

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 9:00am On Mar 21, 2021
Happy Sunday to you all
I tried my best to update the thread on Friday (@exactly 6weeks) but routine activities held me back but since today is Sunday, am less occupied.

So my broilers are 6weeks+2days old today and still very fine. To be frank, I didn't give them any vaccination @all which I now realize is very risky especially the oral given vaccine which shouldn't spill inside the poultry as it might introduce the disease you initially wanted to avoid (when ordinary water spills most times).
Am also very happy cuz I started day and night feeding @week 5 and they didn't waste time to respond.

I also noticed that they eat more during hot weather cuz their feeding reduced on Thursday and Friday when it was relatively cold.
With joy in my heart, am happy to tell you all that about 6 of my birds weighed +4kg @6weeks+2days

This batch of chicks have actually proven to me that life no balance true true. As I got 1.8kg @ 6weeks
In all, average 3.2kg(excluding that little creature)
Highest =4.4kg

I believe as my ogas @jide and oga @Chukskafor said, "at 6weeks, some suppose don dey near pot" and am glad to tell that they are ready for pot but me am not ready yet grin

2 Likes

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by TheFalcons: 10:47am On Mar 21, 2021
Make sense o.

4kg in 6 weeks. Try find out how much they'll offer in the market, in case you want to go commercial.
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by TheFalcons: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2021
Your smallie of 1.8kg reminds me of this our smallie. grin

She's 4 weeks old now, and still looks like a day old chick. All her mates are at 1 to 1.5kg mark.

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by chukskafor(m): 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
TheFalcons:
Your smallie of 1.8kg reminds me of this our smallie. grin

She's 4 weeks old now, and still looks like a day old chick. All her mates are at 1 to 1.5kg mark.
Two reasons responsible for the picture you posted
1.What you have there is a cockerel and not a broiler, in case it was found in a carton of broilers
2.It may, I am only assuming, that it may be a pullet, judging from the comb and physical appearance
So if the two stated above information are truthful, never will it be able to compete with it's counterparts in terms of growth.

2 Likes

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by okorookwus(m): 2:49am On Mar 22, 2021
kennethfranc:
Happy Sunday to you all
I tried my best to update the thread on Friday (@exactly 6weeks) but routine activities held me back but since today is Sunday, am less occupied.

So my broilers are 6weeks+2days old today and still very fine. To be frank, I didn't give them any vaccination @all which I now realize is very risky especially the oral given vaccine which shouldn't spill inside the poultry as it might introduce the disease you initially wanted to avoid (when ordinary water spills most times).
Am also very happy cuz I started day and night feeding @week 5 and they didn't waste time to respond.

I also noticed that they eat more during hot weather cuz their feeding reduced on Thursday and Friday when it was relatively cold.
With joy in my heart, am happy to tell you all that about 6 of my birds weighed +4kg @6weeks+2days

This batch of chicks have actually proven to me that life no balance true true. As I got 1.8kg @ 6weeks
In all, average 3.2kg(excluding that little creature)
Highest =4.4kg

I believe as my ogas @jide and oga @Chukskafor said, "at 6weeks, some suppose don dey near pot" and am glad to tell that they are ready for pot but me am not ready yet grin

Well done bro... You've done well.
Would you be kind enough to give us an estimate from day old to 6 weeks?
More Winnings to you.
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by jidestroud(m): 10:20am On Mar 22, 2021
@kennethfranc

You are doing well. I'm impressed with the Results. Now the question is, how profitable it is if you were to commercialize it?
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
okorookwus:

Well done bro... You've done well.
Would you be kind enough to give us an estimate from day old to 6 weeks?
More Winnings to you.
Thanks for the compliment
So far, I've spent

66k on feed alone (11bags)

19k.. cost of Chicks

5k... Miscellaneous(involves feeders, drinkers, transport and drugs)

Total= 85k
NB: the feeding and cost of Chicks is the fact but the miscellaneous is based on assumption so it might be slightly ±

2 Likes

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by Chibydinho(m): 3:48pm On Mar 22, 2021
kennethfranc:

Thanks for the compliment
So far, I've spent

66k on feed alone (11bags)

19k.. cost of Chicks

5k... Miscellaneous(involves feeders, drinkers, transport and drugs)

Total= 85k
NB: the feeding and cost of Chicks is the fact but the miscellaneous is based on assumption so it might be slightly ±

Great results

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 11:19am On Mar 31, 2021
Good morning to you all.... It seems am too busy to handle a thread cuz it doesn't look like am doing enough for this thread. Please bear with me

After the last update on 23-03-21, I noticed occasional watery brown poop. I suspected Coccidiosis and started medications immediately using amprolium(½ teaspoon per 4liters of water) and the most scary of all the Greenish poop which I almost lost hope when I saw that about 40% of the poop inside the pen was green in color. At this point I started multivitamin back to back knowing that Newcastle has no drug(though I might be wrong). I was amazed that about 4days later, their droppings returned to Normal without any mortality @that time.
NB: No Isolation because of lack of space. I know its very risky but I had no other option.

Later on Saturday, when I went to feed them in the evening I was shocked to see one of the bird extremely weak that the legs where already bent, its crop empty then I tried giving her glucose but to no avail when i noticedshe started giving signs of hopelessness then I had to do justice even though it's against my wish... I was pained cuz this is my first loss.

The good news also is that I've begun sales and have sold 21 females

Total cost for raising the birds =#104,000
Income so far = #60,800

BTW they will be 8weeks on Friday and I already have 5.2kg

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by Attit: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
kennethfranc:
Good morning to you all.... It seems am too busy to handle a thread cuz it doesn't look like am doing enough for this thread. Please bear with me

After the last update on 23-03-21, I noticed occasional watery brown poop. I suspected Coccidiosis and started medications immediately using amprolium(½ teaspoon per 4liters of water) and the most scary of all the Greenish poop which I almost lost hope when I saw that about 40% of the poop inside the pen was green in color. At this point I started multivitamin back to back knowing that Newcastle has no drug(though I might be wrong). I was amazed that about 4days later, their droppings returned to Normal without any mortality @that time.
NB: No Isolation because of lack of space. I know its very risky but I had no other option.

Later on Saturday, when I went to feed them in the evening I was shocked to see one of the bird extremely weak that the legs where already bent, its crop empty then I tried giving her glucose but to no avail when i noticedshe started giving signs of hopelessness then I had to do justice even though it's against my wish... I was pained cuz this is my first loss.

The good news also is that I've begun sales and have sold 21 females

Total cost for raising the birds =#104,000
Income so far = #60,800

BTW they will be 8weeks on Friday and I already have 5.2kg

With 5.2kg weight, they need to have very strong legs to carry themselves successfully. And with the complain above, the crop might be empty cos it couldn't move to eat. I suggest you increase calcium fast so you can strengthen their bones more. You do not want them collapse at the point of sales. It is a suggestion. You should mix burnt bone (bone meal), or limestone with their feed. Maybe there are other ways you can give them, more suggestions can roll in. Also, give them magnesium.

2 Likes

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
Attit:

With 5.2kg weight, they need to have very strong legs to carry themselves successfully. And with the complain above, the crop might be empty cos it couldn't move to eat. I suggest you increase calcium fast so you can strengthen their bones more. You do not want them collapse at the point of sales. It is a suggestion. You should mix burnt bone (bone meal), or limestone with their feed. Maybe there are other ways you can give them, more suggestions can roll in. Also, give them magnesium.

Thanks for that.
Actually, I've been giving them Tetracycline for bones weekly as recommended
Also the one that died is a female and less than 3.5kg so I dont think its overweight..... I suspect heat cuz the armpit was very hot that day
[quote author=Attit post=100360699]
MODIFIED
@Chukskafor, am very sorry for misquoting you.
Don't be angry sir.
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by Attit: 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
kennethfranc:

Thanks for that.
Actually, I've been giving them Tetracycline for bones weekly as recommended by @Chukskafor
Also the one that died is a female and less than 3.5kg so I dont think its overweight..... I suspect heat cuz the armpit was very hot that day
Tetracycline is antibiotics. Just be careful how you load livestocks with different kinds. From 2.5kg upward, it can happen. It depends on how the bones are strong, but since you are sure it is not fragile bone, it's ok. But using tetracycline weekly....that is not good at all. You use antibiotics once, clear infection, and stop. Why loading them weekly? It is strange. Very dangerous for the consumers.

2 Likes

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
Attit:

Tetracycline is antibiotics. Just be careful how you load livestocks with different kinds. From 2.5kg upward, it can happen. It depends on how the bones are strong, but since you are sure it is not fragile bone, it's ok. But using tetracycline weekly....that is not good at all. You use antibiotics once, clear infection, and stop. Why loading them weekly? It is strange. Very dangerous for the consumers.
Really!!
If human consumes it directly for like 3-4days consecutively, I don't see any reason why you should attach the "very" to the dangerous

Thanks sha.... I will check it out

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by Attit: 10:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
kennethfranc:

Really!!
If human consumes it directly for like 3-4days consecutively, I don't see any reason why you should attach the "very" to the dangerous

Thanks sha.... I will check it out

Humans consume it just only for the 3- 4 days or even a prolonged period to clear infections. After the infection is cleared, humans stop. This is how antibiotics are used. They aren't vitamins. But you are loading them weekly. It is wrong. You do not rest when taking them. You use them consistently to attack infections, and you stop after you win the battle. Stop! There was a time antibiotics are added to feed so they consume them daily. It has been banned all over the world because it is wrong.

Do you realise that all the doses you are loading these creatures are passed to humans who consume them? Let me explain well. When you have an infection and you keep using the same drug, the microorganisms will develop resistant to it so the drug will not work again. When last did you even hear human use tetracycline and penicillin? These dont work again. Ok...do you know cipro will soon stop working again? Why? People use it anyhow in naija. See, in advance country, you cannot buy antibiotics over counter. Never. Even, you.will need prescription for birds in abroad before you can administer antibiotics..I read all these wrong methods of using antibiotics anyhow on birds all over nairaland, and I always resist the urge to write about it cos I know many will not like it.

I can never buy broilers, layers, crockery or frozen chickens in naija...never. never never. I dont eat chicken outside. Though there are some guys here who have perfected organic broilers production. Well, since you are doing 100 and less , my advise is that you look into organic options and reduce the way you use antibiotics. I mean, how can tetracycline be used for bone problem? The person who recommended it does not understand it. Tetracycline for bone problem..Mehn! He can be jailed in a normal nation. Honestly. If you dont know the level of harm you create with the abuse of antibiotics....hmmm. I am not too hard on you but telling you as it is.

Bro, for commercial purpose, fine...you can use, but not abuse these drugs. You need to withdraw. Even with withdrawal, they dont leave the system of the birds finally, not to talk of loading them weekly. I produce 100 birds at a time without using vaccine and antibiotics. I hatch my eggs ...so no vaccine at all. No antibiotics at all, and my broilers survive. They are even more active than those loaded with vaccines, antibiotics and chemical vitamins.

I can never buy layers eggs. Never and never. Those eggs are dead traps with the way our farmers load them with antibiotics. I have started producing quail eggs which are better quality. And if I see noiler or local fowls free range eggs, I will go for them. Guinea fowl eggs are hardly treated with these drugs, so I can go for them.

Please, you need to review how you treat your birds. Please, read about antibiotics withdrawal in broilers production so you can produce meat good for our health.

3 Likes

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 11:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
Attit:

Humans consume it just only for the 3- 4 days or even a prolonged period to clear infections. After the infection is cleared, humans stop. This is how antibiotics are used. They aren't vitamins. But you are loading them weekly. It is wrong. You do not rest when taking then. You use them consistently to attack infections, and you stop after you win the battle. Stop! There was a time antibiotics are added to feed so they consume it daily. It has been banned all over the world because it is wrong.

Do you realise that all the doses you are loading these creatures are passed to humans who consume them? Let me explain well. When you have an infection and you keep using the same drug, the microorganisms will develop resistant to it so the drugs will not work again. When last did you even hear human use tetracycline and penicillin? These dont work again. Ok...do you know cipro will soon stop working again? Why? People use it anyhow in naija. See, in advance country, you cannot buy antibiotics over counter. Never. Even, you.will need prescription for birds in abroad before you can administer antibiotics..I read all these wrong methods of using antibiotics anyhow on birds all over nairaland, and I always resist the urge to write about it cos I know many will not like it.

I can never buy broiler in naija...never. never never. I dont eat chicken outside. There are some guys here who have perfected organic broilers production. Well, since you are doing 100 and less , my advise is that you look into organic options and reduce the way you use antibiotics. I mean, how can tetracycline be used for bone problem? The person who recommended does not understand it. Tetracycline for bone problem..Mehn! He can be jailed in a normal nation. Honestly. If you dont know the level of harm abuse of antibiotics is....hmmm. I am not too hard on you but telling you as it is.

Bro, for commercial purpose, fine...you can use, but not abuse these drugs. You need to withdraw. Even with withdrawal, they dont leave the system of the birds finally, not to talk of loading them weekly. I produce 100 birds at a time without using vaccine and antibiotics. I hatch my eggs ...so no vaccine at all. No antibiotics at all, and my broiler survive. They are even more active than those loaded with vaccines, antibiotics and chemicals vitamins.

I can never buy layers eggs. Never and never. Those eggs are dead traps with the way our farmers load them with antibiotics. I have started producing quail eggs which is a better quality. And if I see noiler or local fowls free range eggs, I will go for it. Another good one is guinea fowl eggs which are not treated with these drugs.

Please, you need to review how you treat your birds. Please read about antibiotics withdrawal in broiler production so you can produce meat g,,ood for our health.
Quite insightful!
I appreciate.... I believe it is not yet too bad as they have taken it for only x3

Thanks once more
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by IamAsiri: 2:02am On Apr 01, 2021
kennethfranc:

Quite insightful!
I appreciate.... I believe it is not yet too bad as they have taken it for only x3

Thanks once more

He is very much right sir. It is very wrong to be using antibiotics as a preventative measure as against a treatment measure. It leads to resistance of the bacteria to the drugs in both animals and ultimately but unfortunately humans. It is a wrong practice and I hope other poultry farmers desist from it too.

As for the advice you thought chukskafor gave you concerning using tetracycline as calcium supplements, I think you misunderstood him as I had to go through his post too. He mentioned that you get calcium supplements from a vets shop and that is what your birds are seriously needing right now. Please get it for them asap. Thank you.
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by Attit: 6:45am On Apr 01, 2021
IamAsiri:

He is very much right sir. It is very wrong to be using antibiotics as a preventative measure as against a treatment measure. It leads to resistance of the bacteria to the drugs in both animals and ultimately but unfortunately humans. It is a wrong practice and I hope other poultry farmers desist from it too.

As for the advice you thought chukskafor gave you concerning using tetracycline as calcium supplements, I think you misunderstood him as I had to go through his post too. He mentioned that you get calcium supplements from a vets shop and that is what your birds are seriously needing right now. Please get it for them asap. Thank you.
Thanks for the clarification about the advice he got. I was actually shocked. I can assure you that if you produce your own meat and vegetables, and you dont eat these ones from market....hmmm..in just 6 months the positive effect will be great. This is how almost all of them behave.

I do not want his thread destroyed. Let me just leave.
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by willybaby(m): 5:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
Attit:

Humans consume it just only for the 3- 4 days or even a prolonged period to clear infections. After the infection is cleared, humans stop. This is how antibiotics are used. They aren't vitamins. But you are loading them weekly. It is wrong. You do not rest when taking then. You use them consistently to attack infections, and you stop after you win the battle. Stop! There was a time antibiotics are added to feed so they consume it daily. It has been banned all over the world because it is wrong.

Do you realise that all the doses you are loading these creatures are passed to humans who consume them? Let me explain well. When you have an infection and you keep using the same drug, the microorganisms will develop resistant to it so the drugs will not work again. When last did you even hear human use tetracycline and penicillin? These dont work again. Ok...do you know cipro will soon stop working again? Why? People use it anyhow in naija. See, in advance country, you cannot buy antibiotics over counter. Never. Even, you.will need prescription for birds in abroad before you can administer antibiotics..I read all these wrong methods of using antibiotics anyhow on birds all over nairaland, and I always resist the urge to write about it cos I know many will not like it.

I can never buy broiler in naija...never. never never. I dont eat chicken outside. There are some guys here who have perfected organic broilers production. Well, since you are doing 100 and less , my advise is that you look into organic options and reduce the way you use antibiotics. I mean, how can tetracycline be used for bone problem? The person who recommended does not understand it. Tetracycline for bone problem..Mehn! He can be jailed in a normal nation. Honestly. If you dont know the level of harm abuse of antibiotics is....hmmm. I am not too hard on you but telling you as it is.

Bro, for commercial purpose, fine...you can use, but not abuse these drugs. You need to withdraw. Even with withdrawal, they dont leave the system of the birds finally, not to talk of loading them weekly. I produce 100 birds at a time without using vaccine and antibiotics. I hatch my eggs ...so no vaccine at all. No antibiotics at all, and my broiler survive. They are even more active than those loaded with vaccines, antibiotics and chemicals vitamins.

I can never buy layers eggs. Never and never. Those eggs are dead traps with the way our farmers load them with antibiotics. I have started producing quail eggs which is a better quality. And if I see noiler or local fowls free range eggs, I will go for it. Another good one is guinea fowl eggs which are not treated with these drugs.

Please, you need to review how you treat your birds. Please read about antibiotics withdrawal in broiler production so you can produce meat g,,ood for our health.
am a microbiologist by study and I must say you totally spot on... nairaland poultry farmers do well to learn from this post

2 Likes

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 11:54pm On Apr 04, 2021
Happy Easter to you all...
Am Grateful to God for the success in this first batch of broilers ever. I have long started sales before 8weeks (though it was females only)
Please I won't be able to type the amt per bird as I wasn't the only one that sold them... Bear with me Here is the sales breakdown
Day 1 --- 30,000 (females only)
Day 2 --- 30,800 (females only)
Day 3--- 38,800 (3 males + females )
Day 4 --- 63,600 (Males only)

Total= N163,200
Cost of raising the birds = N107,000 (including fixed cost; drinkers and feeders)
So
163k - 107k= 56k.
I don't think this is bad for a New bea
Also Mortality was just 1

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Selective Herbicide For Yam Crops / How Do I Plant Ewedu ? / Take A Look At The Unbelievable Onions A Girl Harvested From Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.