Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter (5897 Views)

Best Broiler DOC / Folja Global Multiconcept... Fgm Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (doc) Online In Nig / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 12:24am On Apr 05, 2021
In a very special way, I wish to appreciate in a very special way these icons who in one way or the other contributed to the success of this project;
Chukskafor
Jidestroud
Olamzy45
Attit

Am very grateful for all your guidance, advice and suggestions and I pray that God will continue to bless you all with more knowledge and also bless the works of thy hands.

To the viewers, I am very sorry that this thread might not be detailed enough for people wanting to go into broiler production but I promise that the next batch will be as detailed as possible.
I was amazed based on how the Views on this thread where increasing close to 2k (As in me, communicating to 2k people indirectly). God is really wonderful
May God bless us all IJN...
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by missbee79: 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
kennethfranc:
In a very special way, I wish to appreciate in a very special way these icons who in one way or the other contributed to the success of this project;
Chukskafor
Jidestroud
Olamzy45
Attit

Am very grateful for all your guidance, advice and suggestions and I pray that God will continue to bless you all with more knowledge and also bless the works of thy hands.

To the viewers, I am very sorry that this thread might not be detailed enough for people wanting to go into broiler production but I promise that the next batch will be as detailed as possible.
I was amazed based on how the Views on this thread where increasing close to 2k (As in me, communicating to 2k people indirectly). God is really wonderful
Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by jidestroud(m): 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2021
kennethfranc:
Chukskafor
Jidestroud
Olamzy45
Attit

Good one boss mi. I'm glad it turned out a successful project.

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by Attit: 9:44am On Apr 06, 2021
kennethfranc:
Happy Easter to you all...
Am Grateful to God for the success in this first batch of broilers ever. I have long started sales before 8weeks (though it was females only)
Please I won't be able to type the amt per bird as I wasn't the only one that sold them... Bear with me Here is the sales breakdown
Day 1 --- 30,000 (females only)
Day 2 --- 30,800 (females only)
Day 3--- 38,800 (3 males + females )
Day 4 --- 63,600 (Males only)

Total= N163,200
Cost of raising the birds = N107,000 (including fixed cost; drinkers and feeders)
So
163k - 107k= 56k.
I don't think this is bad for a New bea
Also Mortality was just 1
Very interesting! You didnt give the numbers of females and males you have, but just look at day 4, an excellent N63,000 sales. Looks to me your males are extremely heavier than your females. This is why you were getting 4.4kg for some, and under 2.5kg for other. I can guess the following:

1. It seems you have gotten feeding right.
2. However, your males are aggressive and are chasing away females from food. So, your females arent growing optimally.
3. Seems your buyers put more money on your males.
4. Average price of a bird N3,326. Is it really great even during Easter? I wish you could give more details. I think your females push down the price. And funny, the weight of some of your males may not be that much different from females after processing.

If the two above are true (I do not know if I am correct cos you still need to learn scientific reporting), I have the following suggestions:

1. You can go for all males Mashall from OBJ farm. Try it during rainy season and see if you can get it right.

2. If you are comfortable with Ross 308 you are doing, try to figure out how to separate males from females as soon as you can differentiate them after brooding. Feed them separately. You will hit 2.8k to 3.5kg for all of them. Your males will not have the chance to over eat cos they are competing with their fellow males. "Na the stubborn guys go last".... "las las they will all realise there is no one who carry last"....and they will all be "calming down".

3. Truly N56k is not bad, its N1,142 gain per bird. With the above tweak, I think you can easily push income per bird to N1,500 or more. I hope you can easily sell on other days and not only during festivals.

kennethfranc:
Chu.kskafor
Jide.stroud
Olam.zy45
At.tit

May God make your ways prosperous. If you can have N56k income now, you can develop your business and make N56k - N70k weekly, every 2 weeks, or every month. Expand with units of what you have tested. Imagine making N50k weekly..that's N200k take home at the end of the month. This is huge for an average Nigerian.

Lastly, if you can lay hands on ginger and garlic, you can make ginger-garlic solution and give your birds at regular interval as a preventive measure instead of using tetracycline weekly. Use anti biotics according to the rules of the game only. Always use organic for preventive measures. Also, bitter leaves and neem leaves are great stuff. For your vitamins, you can use waste fruits (grind into solution) and give your birds. There are other special ways to preserve them for future purpose.

If you want to go on round two, just continue your thread. You will be a voice to reckon with soon that I too will start asking you for advice and suggestions. What you do daily, you get better with it.

If you have some more plots around you, turn our poo to gold by going into vegetables if you have more free time. You will not regret it. You will just be smiling how your life will change positively.

Goodluck bro!

4 Likes

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
Attit:

Very interesting! You didnt give the numbers of females and males you have, but just look at day 4, an excellent N63,000 sales. Looks to me your males are extremely heavier than your females. This is why you were getting 4.4kg for some, and under 2.5kg for other. I can guess the following:

2. However, your males are aggressive and are chasing away females from food. So, your females arent growing optimally.
4. Average price of a bird N3,326. Is it really great even during Easter? I wish you could give more details. I think your females push down the price. And funny, the weight of some of your males may not be that much different from females after processing.

If the two above are true (I do not know if I am correct cos you still need to learn scientific reporting), I have the following suggestions:

1. You can go for all males Mashall from OBJ farm. Try it during rainy season and see if you can get it right.

2. If you are comfortable with Ross 308 you are doing, try to figure out how to separate males from females as soon as you can differentiate them after brooding. Feed them separately. You will hit 2.8k to 3.5kg for all of them. Your males will not have the chance to over eat cos they are competing with their fellow males. "Na the stubborn guys go last".... "las las they will all realise there is no one who carry last"....and they will all be "calming down".

3. Truly N56k is not bad, its N1,142 gain per bird. With the above tweak, I think you can easily push income per bird to N1,500 or more. I hope you can easily sell on other days and not only during festivals.

May God make your ways prosperous. If you can have N56k income now, you can develop your business and make N56k - N70k weekly, every 2 weeks, or every month. Expand with units of what you have tested. Imagine making N50k weekly..that's N200k take home at the end of the month. This is huge for an average Nigerian.

Lastly, if you can lay hands on ginger and garlic, you can make ginger-garlic solution and give your birds at regular interval as a preventive measure instead of using tetracycline weekly. Use anti biotics according to the rules of the game only. Always use organic for preventive measures. Also, bitter leaves and neem leaves are great stuff. For your vitamins, you can use waste fruits (grind into solution) and give your birds. There are other special ways to preserve them for future purpose.

If you want to go on round two, just continue your thread. You will be a voice to reckon with soon that I too will start asking you for advice and suggestions. What you do daily, you get better with it.

If you have some more plots around you, turn our poo to gold by going into vegetables if you have more free time. You will not regret it. You will just be smiling how your life will change positively.

Goodluck bro!

1. Thanks
2. I will surely consider that
3. Actually, due to the fact that they are heavier, males were sold at #5500max and #4000min. But the max female was sold is #3500..... Though i started selling the females @7weeks (2.8kg on average) @#2750min
4. There is great difference between them ooo..... 4.5-5.2kg(8weeks male) and 2.3-3.5kg (7weeks female)

The smallest 2.3kg was sold for #2500

Section B
1. Thanks
2. I've actually thought of that and also selling the females to aboki for Suya @5 or 6weeks
3. I believe I can but it won't be pocket friendly cuz am planning to get an incubator for my Noilers. If I can earn even 50k monthly from this Poultry, am quitting my 20k job immediately

As for thr poo, I have less than ½plot that am planning to turn into a garden on a small scale of course just Curry and scent leaves....

Thanks a lot sir
I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by oredegbe01(m): 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2021
Attit:

Humans consume it just only for the 3- 4 days or even a prolonged period to clear infections. After the infection is cleared, humans stop. This is how antibiotics are used. They aren't vitamins. But you are loading them weekly. It is wrong. You do not rest when taking them. You use them consistently to attack infections, and you stop after you win the battle. Stop! There was a time antibiotics are added to feed so they consume them daily. It has been banned all over the world because it is wrong.

Do you realise that all the doses you are loading these creatures are passed to humans who consume them? Let me explain well. When you have an infection and you keep using the same drug, the microorganisms will develop resistant to it so the drug will not work again. When last did you even hear human use tetracycline and penicillin? These dont work again. Ok...do you know cipro will soon stop working again? Why? People use it anyhow in naija. See, in advance country, you cannot buy antibiotics over counter. Never. Even, you.will need prescription for birds in abroad before you can administer antibiotics..I read all these wrong methods of using antibiotics anyhow on birds all over nairaland, and I always resist the urge to write about it cos I know many will not like it.

I can never buy broilers, layers, crockery or frozen chickens in naija...never. never never. I dont eat chicken outside. Though there are some guys here who have perfected organic broilers production. Well, since you are doing 100 and less , my advise is that you look into organic options and reduce the way you use antibiotics. I mean, how can tetracycline be used for bone problem? The person who recommended it does not understand it. Tetracycline for bone problem..Mehn! He can be jailed in a normal nation. Honestly. If you dont know the level of harm you create with the abuse of antibiotics....hmmm. I am not too hard on you but telling you as it is.

Bro, for commercial purpose, fine...you can use, but not abuse these drugs. You need to withdraw. Even with withdrawal, they dont leave the system of the birds finally, not to talk of loading them weekly. I produce 100 birds at a time without using vaccine and antibiotics. I hatch my eggs ...so no vaccine at all. No antibiotics at all, and my broilers survive. They are even more active than those loaded with vaccines, antibiotics and chemical vitamins.

I can never buy layers eggs. Never and never. Those eggs are dead traps with the way our farmers load them with antibiotics. I have started producing quail eggs which are better quality. And if I see noiler or local fowls free range eggs, I will go for them. Guinea fowl eggs are hardly treated with these drugs, so I can go for them.

Please, you need to review how you treat your birds. Please, read about antibiotics withdrawal in broilers production so you can produce meat good for our health.

thanks for this

I really love it ....your point there contribute to antibiotics resistance in the whole world....that's my project during my degree days

2 Likes

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
Attit:

Goodluck bro!
Please sir explain more on the vitamin
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by Attit: 8:03pm On Apr 07, 2021
kennethfranc:

Please sir explain more on the vitamin
I actually wrote a comprehensive note yest. Anyway, let me summarize: if you have chickens trained to eat vegetable, there is no need to give them vitamins. Just like humans who eat veggies. So, just juice fruits and veggies for them. If you have waste fruits and veggies. Carrots for A, lime, orange, for C, mangoes, local greens...everything you can lay hands on...they are all vitamins and minerals. This is how I feed my organic chickens. No special Paparazzi, but one needs to be watchful of diarrhea. That's all. All these chemical vits are modern style.

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by cattlefarming01: 10:34am On Apr 08, 2021
What To Do To Stop Losing Money In Poultry Due To Mortality Of Birds*

Common infectious diseases of poultry such as Fowlpox, Fowl cholera, Coccidiosis, and Marek's disease pose constant challenges to poultry farmers leading to incuring losses in death of birds or more cost on disease treatment.

Effective farm biosecurity is one of the cheapest ways to improve overall poultry bird health, cut the costs of disease treatment, reduce losses and improve farm profitability.

With just a bottle of Poultry - Zyme into 1000 liters of water for your poultry birds you have little worries about a disease affecting your birds as Poultry- Zyme helps to improve their immune system to reduce the mortality rate.

It is highly cost-effective in preventing your birds from diseases and at the same time helps to increase their growth, egg production and improves the quality of eggs

For delivery of the product to your location contact +23408033492090.

To learn more about our products visit www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by vhuqnl(m): 12:07pm On Apr 08, 2021
TheFalcons:
You are funny o, using lantern as heat source. grin grin
really.. we did this back when we were younger..
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by Phei(f): 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2021
[please where can I get charcoal pot to buy for brooding]

1. Thanks
2. I will surely consider that
3. Actually, due to the fact that they are heavier, males were sold at #5500max and #4000min. But the max female was sold is #3500..... Though i started selling the females @7weeks (2.8kg on average) @#2750min
4. There is great difference between them ooo..... 4.5-5.2kg(8weeks male) and 2.3-3.5kg (7weeks female)

The smallest 2.3kg was sold for #2500

Section B
1. Thanks
2. I've actually thought of that and also selling the females to aboki for Suya @5 or 6weeks
3. I believe I can but it won't be pocket friendly cuz am planning to get an incubator for my Noilers. If I can earn even 50k monthly from this Poultry, am quitting my 20k job immediately

As for thr poo, I have less than ½plot that am planning to turn into a garden on a small scale of course just Curry and scent leaves....

Thanks a lot sir
I appreciate [/quote]
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2021
@Phei...
This is the type I use currently

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by MostWanted007(m): 11:14pm On Dec 21, 2021
Hello please, can Flagyl, tetracycline and Septein cure my Chicken’s loud snoring and cough?
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 11:22pm On Dec 21, 2021
MostWanted007:
Hello please, can Flagyl, tetracycline and Septein cure my Chicken’s loud snoring and cough?
Kindly consult a local poultry drug vendor.
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by frank2zee: 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2022
kennethfranc:
@Phei...
This is the type I use currently

How does this provide source of heat for the birds?
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by kennethfranc(m): 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
frank2zee:

How does this provide source of heat for the birds?
You load it with charcoal nah
Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by frank2zee: 11:54pm On Jan 03, 2022
kennethfranc:

You load it with charcoal nah

OH I see...... Innovations everyday!

1 Like

Re: Adding 50 Agrited Broiler DOC For Easter by frank2zee: 11:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
Are you rearing for this year's Easter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Selective Herbicide For Yam Crops / Melon(locally Called Egusi) / Be Your Own Boss. My Layers Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.