Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,957 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Is Church In Nigeria A Waste Of Time ? Let Us Speak The Real Truth - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Church In Nigeria A Waste Of Time ? Let Us Speak The Real Truth (421 Views)

The Number Of Igbos Who Cannot Speak The Language Is Alarming! / Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason / Isoko Urhobo Edo And Other Tribe That Speak The Edoid Language Round The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Church In Nigeria A Waste Of Time ? Let Us Speak The Real Truth by Redcarpet2011: 10:59am On Feb 07, 2021
I am presently in Church with my Mother. I go to Church because my mother is advanced in age. I go along with her to make sure she is ok and that nobody kidnaps her ( you know what this country has become ). I'm not going to lie. I can't really see the reason why people make all the effort every week. I guess it's all the prayers and " blessings " that pastors " bestow " on the people. Nigerians are generally highly critical, judgemental and negative maybe they enjoy all the positive confession that they get from Church. All the dancing and singing plus positive prayer most be an eliaxer from all the negativity Nigerias harbour within their minds and souls. If that's the reason why people go to their church they can just forgive their enemies , be joyful, thankful, full of Hope and stay at home. The Bible is very important and people should read it for themselves.or is Church another social gathering. You know how we like a good gathering in Nigeria. Birthday party, naming ceremony, Birthday Party. Getting into University Party, Graduation Party, Bachelors Eve, Spinsters Eve, Wedding Party, Bronze Anniversary, Silver Anniversary, Golden jubilee Anniversary, Naming Ceremonies, Church Opening Ceremony, funeral Party. ....( REPEAT ).In Nigeria there is a Ceremony for almost everything. Celebrating mundane events while Americas are going to Space and not celebrating it. While the Chinese are building High Speed Trains and not celebrating them.

Re: Is Church In Nigeria A Waste Of Time ? Let Us Speak The Real Truth by Shelumiel: 11:09am On Feb 07, 2021
I still do not get your point. Are you saying that going to church is wrong because China and US are advancing in technology?
Re: Is Church In Nigeria A Waste Of Time ? Let Us Speak The Real Truth by yanabasee1(m): 11:43am On Feb 07, 2021
OP, you are saying three things in one topic...

Going to church is supposed to be joyful and to gladden one's heart over the good message that is to be received from God through the pastors....

But the pastors are now pompous and arrogant and act like they have been given the permission by God to do as they please...

They will use God's name to compel you to make donations that is irrelevant. These days, if you go to church with 1million naira, you'll end up giving everything and trekking home on your barefoot. Especially if you dress very well...

Americans have their curriculum that teaches their children psychology and reasoning....That is why their kids have good thinking faculty compare to how our children get easily brainwashed. And so we grow up with the mentality that we should rather listen to whatever a pastor says and not do why the pastors are doing as they are men like us but God passes through them to bless us... Just imagine the mentality of a typical worshipper of God.
Re: Is Church In Nigeria A Waste Of Time ? Let Us Speak The Real Truth by Shelumiel: 11:58am On Feb 07, 2021
[s]
yanabasee1:
OP, you are saying three things in one topic...

Going to church is supposed to be joyful and to gladden one's heart over the good message that is to be received from God through the pastors....

But the pastors are now pompous and arrogant and act like they have been given the permission by God to do as they please...

They will use God's name to compel you to make donations that is irrelevant. These days, if you go to church with 1million naira, you'll end up giving everything and trekking home on your barefoot. Especially if you dress very well...

Americans have their curriculum that teaches their children psychology and reasoning....That is why their kids have good thinking faculty compare to how our children get easily brainwashed. And so we grow up with the mentality that we should rather listen to whatever a pastor says and not do why the pastors are doing as they are men like us but God passes through them to bless us... Just imagine the mentality of a typical worshipper of God.
[/s] Rubbish talking. America you love and cherish has its roots in Christianity and even till date, most people living in the US are professing christians. Even the founding fathers of America were staunch Christians who advocated for a Christian belief system. So what are you saying...? The only difference between us and them lies in the hypocritical nature of our belief in God. Simple

1 Like

Re: Is Church In Nigeria A Waste Of Time ? Let Us Speak The Real Truth by yanabasee1(m): 1:48pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shelumiel:
[s][/s] Rubbish talking. America you love and cherish has its roots in Christianity and even till date, most people living in the US are professing christians. Even the founding fathers of America were staunch Christians who advocated for a Christian belief system. So what are you saying...? The only difference between us and them lies in the hypocritical nature of our belief in God. Simple

You ended up saying the same thing I was saying...
Re: Is Church In Nigeria A Waste Of Time ? Let Us Speak The Real Truth by Shelumiel: 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2021
yanabasee1:

You ended up saying the same thing I was saying...
We are not oga. Please read what you wrote and compare it to mine

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Hausa Language. / Awka Igweship: Don't Cross The Red Line, Soludo Warns GIDIGBAM GIDIGBAM / Social Media - A Virtual World!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.