Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 (1559 Views)

Help!!! Between 2012 To 2015 Toyota Camry And Honda Accord / 2007/08 Lexus GS 350 And 2008 Mercedes-benz C300 / See The Number Of Cars Imported Through Nigerian Ports Between 2012-2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by ericuzor(m): 11:18am On Feb 07, 2021
Happy Sunday Guy's.

I have an option to buy 2012 lexus rx350 and Volkswagen touareg 2012 petrol v6 which of the SUV is more rugged, durable and easy to repair.. I need your opinion guys am not an expert.
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by slegerman(m): 11:29am On Feb 07, 2021
RX350 any day.... Personal choice based on experience

ericuzor:
Happy Sunday Guy's.

I have an option to buy 2012 lexus rx350 and Volkswagen touareg 2012 petrol v6 which of the SUV is more rugged, durable and easy to repair.. I need your opinion guys am not an expert.
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by ericuzor(m): 11:57am On Feb 07, 2021
slegerman:
RX350 any day.... Personal choice based on experience

thank you so much
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by ericuzor(m): 11:58am On Feb 07, 2021
I also need opinion of someone who knows about Volkswagen touareg 2012...
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by andrewbaba44: 12:06pm On Feb 07, 2021
ericuzor:
I also need opinion of someone who knows about Volkswagen touareg 2012...

Oga go for rx350 2012 and have a rest of mind

But It looks like you prefer the VW with this question grin
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by ericuzor(m): 12:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Oga go for rx350 2012 and have a rest of mind

But It looks like you prefer the VW with this question grin
bros I just need opinion of someone that knows about German cars.
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by andrewbaba44: 12:10pm On Feb 07, 2021
ericuzor:
bros I just need opinion of someone that knows about German cars.

Okay bro

Understood
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by ericuzor(m): 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Okay bro

Understood
thank you
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by cjeriia: 2:21pm On Feb 07, 2021
Go for the lexus. Please let the VW Touareg be. Lack of adequate technical know how as regards its maintenance in the country. 2nd hand value is pretty non existent. I am talking from experience. I had to depend on an Audi thread by SIENA to manage mine when I was driving it. One time I gave it to someone here on Nairaland that claimed to be an expert. Just fuel pump ooo, he almost destroyed the car. Pls go for lexus and let ur mind be at peace

9 Likes

Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by Texasbound190: 3:00pm On Feb 07, 2021
Listen am a car dealer,I beg you don't go for the VW o

4 Likes

Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by selfmadeOLX(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2021
VW Toureg Trouble go sleep, person go just wan wake am undecided
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by ericuzor(m): 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2021
selfmadeOLX:
VW Toureg Trouble go sleep, person go just wan wake am undecided
wow no good review about the 2012 touareg.
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by mejai(m): 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
RX 350... May your days be long and u sleep peacefully.

VW Toureg ..... Premium tears loading

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by code9(m): 7:13am On Feb 12, 2021
ericuzor:
Happy Sunday Guy's.

I own and drive a 2013 Touareg executive model. I have also test driven Rx350

More rugged - Touareg
More durable - Touareg
Easy to repair - Rx350
Better car overall - Touareg

Here's my previous comment on Touareg comparison
https://www.nairaland.com/5625610/why-dont-nigerians-buy-audi#86320771

Many people you talk to about the touareg have never even entered one not to talk of driving. Some of them have driving the 1st edition model of 04 - 09 and assume the later model 11 - 17 are the same cars.

Touareg sales was stopped in the US as of 2018 upwards because it mostly was a direct competition with Audi Q7 and Porsche Cayenne.

Touareg is not a car for small children. It is a high-end luxury car. It is as expensive to maintain as Audi Q7 and gle 350. If you can't look down on q7 and Cayenne then you wouldn't look down on touareg because they are the same car with different badges and seat capacity only. Every other things is basically the same

Advice, if you want to buy a touareg, please look for one without any hidden fault and also make sure you have access to a knowledgeable technician that has knowledge of electronic diagnosis using Vagcom. The car is fully automated and computer controlled, so you need a lot of coding, adaptation and recalibration to set the car to standard. Once this is done correctly, the car will serve you with its life.

The engine and transmission of 7P touareg is one of the best in the world with 8 speed tranny, this machine is a pegauses of Nigerian road.
Shalom

8 Likes

Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:34am On Feb 12, 2021
Please forget all those talk above and buy the RX. There's no objective person on this planet who'd advice you to buy the Touareg.

You can also consider an MDX of same year.

4 Likes

Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by ericuzor(m): 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2021
code9:

More rugged - Touareg
More durable - Touareg
Easy to repair - Rx350

Many people you talk to about the touareg have never even entered one not to talk of driving. Some of them have driving the 1st edition model of 04 - 09 and assume the later model 11 - 17 are the same cars.

Touareg sales was stopped in the US as of 2018 upwards because it mostly was a direct competition with Audi Q7 and Porsche Cayenne.

Touareg is not a car for small children. It is a high-end luxury car. It is as expensive to maintain as Audi Q7 and gle 350. If you can't look down on q7 and Cayenne then you wouldn't look down on touareg because they are the same car with different badges and seat capacity only. Every other things is basically the same

Advice, if you want to buy a touareg, please look for one without any hidden fault and also make sure you have access to a knowledgeable technician that has knowledge of electronic diagnosis using Vagcom. The car is fully automated and computer controlled, so you need a lot of coding, adaptation and recalibration to set the car to standard. Once this is done correctly, the car will serve you with its life.

The engine and transmission of 7P touareg is one of the best in the world with 8 speed tranny, this machine is a pegauses of Nigerian road.
Shalom
thank you
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by ericuzor(m): 1:55am On Feb 13, 2021
code9:

More rugged - Touareg
More durable - Touareg
Easy to repair - Rx350

Shalom
I find your knowledge of Volkswagen cars interesting.. So the touareg 2012 is difficult to repair here in Nigeria.
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by code9(m): 8:31am On Feb 13, 2021
It is not difficult to repair, more expensive to repair because the parts are expensive. German cars are usually expensive but very durable.
VW and Audi athorized service center is in Kofo Abayomi Street Vi.
Then there's a fully dedicated market for VW and Audi parts in itire market. Touareg and Audi share the same parts which is good for the car.

Don't just take your car to a road side mechanic. They will mess it up.

I have strong experience with automotive diagnosis and repair services, so what I do to save my own costs is, I take my time to diagnose my car and determine the exact fault and your to they it fixed, then I take my car to road side mechanic and tell them exactly what to do for me. I sit there with them until my aim is achieved. Most times I just need them to help with difficult mechanical jobs, but when it comes to not do laborious jobs, I buy my parts myself, get them replaced and do the right adaptation and programming where needed.

If you are an enthusiastic car lover you'll find Touareg a good companion, but if you're a regular aesthetic car person, you won't value touareg much hence complaints down the line.

Coding a touareg is more like coding between a Rottweiler and a Samoyed puppy. Both na dog, but one dog is built for ruggedness and security and the other is built for love and fashion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by Uzziah5050(m): 11:52pm On Feb 15, 2021
I presently drive a 2005 VW Touareg and I'm telling you the utmost truth, I don't regret it.
I've test-driven an RX 300, haven't driven a 350 though. And I tell you, the difference is very clear. The balance is out of this world! Very solid car I tell you.
I don't know why a lot of Nigerians are scared of Touaregs.
The parts are not as expensive as people say it is.
Do your NORMAL maintenance with the right "Oils" and you're good.
There are mechanics at Itire as someone rightly posted, that can rightly diagnose and fix your car.

You can also check out mechanics that fix VW T4 buses.

1 Like

Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by SeaTrade(m): 12:37am On Feb 16, 2021
Uzziah5050:
I presently drive a 2005 VW Touareg and I'm telling you the utmost truth, I don't regret it.
I've test-driven an RX 300, haven't driven a 350 though. And I tell you, the difference is very clear. The balance is out of this world! Very solid car I tell you.
I don't know why a lot of Nigerians are scared of Touaregs.
The parts are not as expensive as people say it is.
Do your NORMAL maintenance with the right "Oils" and you're good.
There are mechanics at Itire as someone rightly posted, that can rightly diagnose and fix your car.

You can also check out mechanics that fix VW T4 buses.

lol,the parts are not "as expensive" to you because you are driving the model that late Nigeria president gen Murtala Muhammed was assassinated in na grin grin grin
Let's be honest,when was the last time you bought parts that came out of waterproof?
No be rusted,used,raped,wornouts you dey buy?
Make we no dey put mouths for wetin pass us ooo,person say e want buy 2015 touareg,suddenly person weh dey drive the one weh oyibo don forget when them make am follow dey give review angry angry
Re: Gurus Pls Help Between 2012 Lexus RX 350 And Volkswagen Touareg 2012 by Uzziah5050(m): 1:01am On Feb 16, 2021
SeaTrade:
lol,the parts are not "as expensive" to you because you are driving the model that late Nigeria president gen Murtala Muhammed was assassinated in na grin grin grin
Let's be honest,when was the last time you bought parts that came out of waterproof?
No be rusted,used,raped,wornouts you dey buy?
Make we no dey put mouths for wetin pass us ooo,person say e want buy 2015 touareg,suddenly person weh dey drive the one weh oyibo don forget when them make am follow dey give review angry angry

I didn't buy it brand new, so for me, I don't think there's anything wrong in going to Ladipo market to get direct tokumbo. Btw, I have someone there who helps me get the original parts.
And what's wrong in using a 2005 car in 2021?
I've driven quite a number of cars, in fact, I drove a 2016 Ford Explorer in 2018 (not mine though). To me, there's no much difference as long as you do the proper maintenance, it'll serve you as long as possible.

Cheers.

8 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Car Owners And Techs, Problems You Have And How They Were Repaired / Recommendations On Where To Buy New Tires In Lagos Needed Please / This Should Buff Right Out...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.