Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,508 members, 7,801,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating (616 Views)

Diary of my German Shepherd... Zeus / Can I Mate My German Shepherd Bitch On Her First Heat? / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating by JOLSOFT(m): 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
Good afternoon everyone please I really need your help. My GSD ( puppy ) hasn't been eating very well since 2 weeks ago. I bought Booster 15kg she started eating it very at first but the bag is almost finished now and she has stopped eating. The only thing I noticed is that she's growing taller and longer. I mix raw egg with her meal everyday both morning and evening.
PS: she's very active and bark at every opportunity and she's just 5 month old.
Please see attached picture of her that I took yesterday.
She hasn't eaten anything today except water and even if she wants to eat she will only take like small out of all the kibbles

Re: My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating by Mordecai(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
Damn!!

Looks like you got yourself a picky eater. Just know that she won't starve herself anyway.

Let us hope she isn't strong-willed enough to go on a long fast till you give her what she wants.

More grease to your elbows.
Re: My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating by JOLSOFT(m): 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mordecai:
Damn!!

Looks like you got yourself a picky eater. Just know that she won't starve herself anyway.

Let us hope she isn't strong-willed enough to go on a long fast till you give her what she wants.

More grease to your elbows.

Exactly what a friend thats more experienced in dog breeding told me. Its just so sad because I go to the extent of getting her barbecue fish like 3 times a week, blood meal every weekend and cat fish almost all the time because I have a friend that does that business but she will just leak it and my neighbours dog ended eating them. Its just painful embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
But please is their a way around it?
Re: My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating by JOLSOFT(m): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
Another picture of Godsplan

Re: My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating by Walekennel: 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2021
JOLSOFT:

Exactly what a friend thats more experienced in dog breeding told me. Its just so sad because I go to the extent of getting her barbecue fish like 3 times a week, blood meal every weekend and cat fish almost all the time because I have a friend that does that business but she will just leak it and my neighbours dog ended eating them. Its just painful embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
But please is their a way around it?
have u deworm her
Re: My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating by JOLSOFT(m): 4:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
Walekennel:

have u deworm her
Yes I have like 2 different times. The second time was last week. I even bought multivitamins which I give her every morning to help her eat but still she won't eat. She has been barking consistently for like 30mins now running after lizard and I don't know where the energy is coming from. undecided
Re: My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating by Walekennel: 4:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
JOLSOFT:

Yes I have like 2 different times. The second time was last week. I even bought multivitamins which I give her every morning to help her eat but still she won't eat. She has been barking consistently for like 30mins now running after lizard and I don't know where the energy is coming from. undecided
ogami call ur vet
Re: My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating by JOLSOFT(m): 4:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
Walekennel:

ogami call ur vet
Thank you bro, I called the vet 2 weeks ago. He came around and gave dog b-co, treated the dog for thick because we saw some on her leg. The vet guy was even the one that suggested I get multivitamins that it will help her eat because he was confuse at the dogs actions self
Re: My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating by Mordecai(m): 8:05am On Feb 08, 2021
Just be consistent. Don't give in to her.

When it's mealtime, drop her food for her. After 15 minutes, pick it up and put it away till the next meal time when you re-serve it.

If it spoils, change it. Ignore her hunger-strike and make sure she always has water to drink.

Remember, she will not starve herself to death. She'll pick on and soon, when you come to remove the food you served, she'll start trying to eat it up fast so you don't remove it.

When she does that, stand by patiently and wait. As soon as she turns away from the plate, remove it without hesitation.

Be consistent.

1 Like

Re: My German Shepherd Puppy Isn't Eating by JOLSOFT(m): 12:07am On Feb 09, 2021
Mordecai:
Just be consistent. Don't give in to her.

When it's mealtime, drop her food for her. After 15 minutes, pick it up and put it away till the next meal time when you re-serve it.

If it spoils, change it. Ignore her hunger-strike and make sure she always has water to drink.

Remember, she will not starve herself to death. She'll pick on and soon, when you come to remove the food you served, she'll start trying to eat it up fast so you don't remove it.

When she does that, stand by patiently and wait. As soon as she turns away from the plate, remove it without hesitation.

Be consistent.
Thank you I will try this approach

(1) (Reply)

South African Boerboel Puppies For Sale / Puppy Alert... / Top Notch German Shepherd Puppies Available From This Combo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.