Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:08 PM

IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters (32448 Views)

Buhari: Don’t Campaign For Tenure Extension, I’ll Leave Office In 2023 / Tenure Extension: I Can Remain In Office Untill 2023 Or 2024 — IGP Adamu / Police: IGP Never Paid N2 Billion For Tenure Extension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by dre11(m): 4:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
A source in the Nigeria Police Force has revealed that the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, paid over N2 billion to get a one-year extension in office.

Adamu is however said to be unhappy that he only got a 3-month extension and therefore refused to celebrate his tenure extension.

According to the source, the IGP visited traditional rulers and persons of influence across Nigeria and also spent on influencers in the Presidential Villa to get a one-year extension but the efforts did not materialise.

The source said when the extension of office for the IGP was declared, Adamu locked his door, which prevented senior officers from congratulating him.

The source said: "After spending over N2 billion to get one-year tenure (extension), he is very upset and has refused to celebrate his tenure extension. He had brought in marabouts (a Muslim holy man or hermit) from Maiduguri well guarded by MOPOL (mobile police) but their predictions didn’t work.

"He reportedly visited traditional rulers and persons of influence across Nigeria and spent on villa influencers only to get 3 months and he is very sad about it. When the announcement was made, he locked his door; he did not allow senior officers to congratulate him."

The source said the bitter IGP is now on a revenge mission to make those who campaigned against his tenure extension in the police pay for it.

"Now, he has embarked on a vendetta mission against those suspected to have campaigned against him in the upper echelon of the police," the source said.

The source told SaharaReporters that officers were not happy with the development, alleging that the IGP also promoted those who were not qualified.

The source said an example was the recent appointment of the aide-de-camp to the Nasarawa State governor and the rapid promotion of a policewoman, Nonye Welle, whom "the IGP claimed was his doctor to the status of Assistant Commissioner of Police while her coursemates are still Superintendents of Police".

Hassan Adamu, who is the ADC to Abdullahi Sule, Nasarawa State governor, is the IGP's son.

The tenure extension of the Inspector General of Police (IGP) by three months was announced on Thursday by the Minister of Police Affairs, Mohammad Dingyadi, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Dingyadi had claimed that the extension was necessary to give room for the proper selection of a successor.

Adamu was due to retire from the police last Monday having spent a maximum of 35 years in service.

Many legal practitioners have described the three-month extension as illegal and unconstitutional.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/07/exposed-igp-paid-over-n2-billion-tenure-extension-%E2%80%94source#disqus_thread

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by younglleo: 4:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
Make una no dey quote me again

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by ZeroWorries: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2021
And someone said Buhari is not bribable.

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by PrinceOfLagos: 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2021
Corrupt and paddy paddy government

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Henix(m): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
Corruption don finish dis country

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by saaron(m): 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2021
Only God knows the rate of gigantum corruption currently going on in this APC fulani regime. Fighting corruption my foot.

This IGP is among the saints that took late buhari 8 months to look for.
What a useless regime.

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by seborrhic: 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2021
SR with its usual shekpe joint stories.
No evidence,no dates of cash transfer,no names money given to,even if acronyms.
People's Gazette that started just a few months ago has shown how mediums like SR are just run like typical Nigerian beer parlor gossip blogs.
U don't just hear what a man that took 2 shots of shekpe say and you rush to publish it as a story.
Apart from lacking any iota of journalism,it doesn't show commonsense.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by juvewalex(m): 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2021
Anything can happen in Nigeria as we have seen worse than this .

A man that has come of age for retirement still wants to remain in service with bribe.

Naija na wa o

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by lionness(f): 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2021
Younger brother is MOPOL, and attached to the EFCC patrol team, he follows investigators who bust boys and others. He told me that the entire EFCC just like the NPF is one Hausa Fulani family circle. If you speak the language and belong, even if you are brain dead like the president you are going to be promoted and elevated. If you speak Ibo or Yoruba, you are doomed. The IG doesnt have to bribe since the nearest person to the post is a southerner...anything to ensure no southerner becomes the IG is in place. My brother said the other tribes are been systematically demoted while the Fulani and Northerners keep flying high. One Nigeria is a big scam and the day we southerners form a solidarity is the day we will take back our power and end this Fulani-Hausa owned Cow-Pen of country

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by engrsyer(m): 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2021
I am not surprised at all. If he wants to fight dirty with this 3 months has he should use it to fight corruption and corrupt leaders in both NPF and politicians else he should just relax.

He shouldn't try to loot the national treasury as a way of *withdrawing* back his ₦2Bn he spent for his reappointment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by flourish01(m): 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2021
shocked
Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Gjrich(m): 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
seborrhic:
SR with its usual shekpe joint stories.
No evidence,no dates of cash transfer,no names money given to,even if acronyms.
People's Gazette that started just a few months ago has shown how mediums like SR are just run like typical Nigerian beer parlor gossip blogs.
U don't just hear what a man that took 2 shots of shekpe say and you rush to publish it as a story.
Apart from lacking any iota of journalism,it doesn't show commonsense.

2 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by nakodii(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
Kudos SHR. but until they unveil the real sponsors of Boko
Haram. We need that information badly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Racoon(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
When the law and government are all corrupt.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by omooba969(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
Nonsense
Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Lincoln275(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
Can you just imagine?

3 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Versionite4life: 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
How much is Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Scrupulous419(m): 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
flourish01:
shocked

corntree cast undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
Why would he be glad when Oga knows that he might not be able to recover his #2b within 3 months

younglleo:
Pls nairalanders, am considering taking extreme measures bout some guys who scammed me off my last card, am totally broke nd needed dat money for emergency in the sense that tomoro my job hunt continues, the scammed me and believed the have gotten away with this. The truth is, with the way life has been treating me lately, am considering killing them as the only option, (not with my hands tho,but traditionally) this is really pissing me off, i jst met them on Nairaland!
They shud give me my money, cus ive got nothing to lose here, b4 Tomoro people will start talking one thing or the other, i need that money today.
Am not a killer, but i will go to the extreme, u can't rob a broke man off his last card, u don't knw what it feels like! cry cry cry
am honest nd serious here

I said Go ahead & kill them! You could be saving us.

BTW,,,, who understands the banning English. Looks like I would uninstall this NL App & stick to using Chrome angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by peacekante: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
So Buhari appointee paid him 2 billion naira to be appointed? Seun it is time you stop bringing Sahara reporters news to front page.

Which kind childish news be this one na?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
I don't believe this news, so what's he tryna gain?

3 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by samwheel(m): 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2021
Dis shithole no fit better.
Where did d thief of police get d money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
I have been sympathetic with SR, but mehn they need to be verifying their stories these days, 2billion Naira? So the man will loot the entire treasury and moreto recover his money plus interest. What does the IG stands to gain with this his 3 months tenure extension set?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Abilistic(m): 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
Lol..

If this is true, that means he knows he will definitely make 10x of that amount.

OH my country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
Hmmm
Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by naijadrivablog: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
Chai

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Latvin: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2021
Garbage journalism by SR.

6 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
Fake news. If he has N2 billion, why spend it on remaining the worst IGP?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu Paid N2 Billion For His Tenure Extension — Sahara Reporters by moneyissweet(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
Juju no dey kill scammers,How much did they scammed you?

younglleo:
Pls nairalanders, am considering taking extreme measures bout some guys who scammed me off my last card, am totally broke nd needed dat money for emergency in the sense that tomoro my job hunt continues, the scammed me and believed the have gotten away with this. The truth is, with the way life has been treating me lately, am considering killing them as the only option, (not with my hands tho,but traditionally) this is really pissing me off, i jst met them on Nairaland!
They shud give me my money, cus ive got nothing to lose here, b4 Tomoro people will start talking one thing or the other, i need that money today.
Am not a killer, but i will go to the extreme, u can't rob a broke man off his last card, u don't knw what it feels like! cry cry cry
am honest nd serious here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dele Olugbemi Rejects Fayose's Appointment, Shuns Screening / Jimi Benson Renovating Anglican Primary School, Ijede, Ikorodu (Photos) / Israeli Man Tags Nigeria A "Terrible Country"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.