Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,064 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:15 AM

Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool (21340 Views)

Help: My Xaomi Phone Fell Inside Salt Water, No Longer Receive Or Make Calls. / Help! My Phone Fell Inside Water / My Phone Fell Inside Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by officialfestus(m): 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2021
My samsung phone with inbuilt battery fell inside a pool and it was still until i shut it down and wipe the water off,after sometime i on it and it powered on and was still working,then i shut it down again and started shaking it to remove the water inside, but now it rufuses to power on,any help on how to go about it ?
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2021
officialfestus:
my samsung phone with inbuilt battery fell inside a pool and it was still until i shut it down and wipe the water off,after sometime i on it and it powered on and was still working,then i shut it down again and started shaking it to remove the water inside,but now it rufuses to power on,any help on how to go about it ?
it's dead. Sorry..buy a new one

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Emary(f): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2021
officialfestus:
my samsung phone with inbuilt battery fell inside a pool and it was still until i shut it down and wipe the water off,after sometime i on it and it powered on and was still working,then i shut it down again and started shaking it to remove the water inside,but now it rufuses to power on,any help on how to go about it ?

You shouldn't have turned it back on until you took it to a repairer to clean it for you. It's possible you've burnt a part in it now. Still take it to a repairer tomorrow but totally disconnect the battery and let it continue drying now. Sorry. I've had similar experiences before.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Omihanifa: 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2021
Go and dip it inside bag of rice (deep inside) for like 2days. It will suck the moisture

255 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Raydos: 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2021
Put it inside rice then turn it on again after 7-10 hours!

by the way what's the name of the phone?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by officialfestus(m): 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2021
Raydos:
Put it inside rice then turn it on again after 7-10 hours!

by the way what's the name of the phone?
samsung j6plus
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by officialfestus(m): 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
it's dead. Sorry..buy a new one
i dont think so,becasue it was water resistant.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by spinna: 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2021
Se na help to buy new one? best of luck sha resurrection power dey dey
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Lexusgs430: 8:23pm On Feb 07, 2021
officialfestus:

Next time, buy a Samsung device with IP certification..... Since your smartphones, love to have a swim........ cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by MickzyDonald: 8:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
Just sundry it throughout tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Lexusgs430: 8:26pm On Feb 07, 2021
officialfestus:
i dont think so,becasue it was water resistant.

How deep was the pool and for how long, was it drowned......... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by officialfestus(m): 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2021
Lexusgs430:

How deep was the pool and for how long, was it drowned......... cheesy
about 5ft deep

1 Like

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Lexusgs430: 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2021
officialfestus:
about 5ft deep

It seems your device is only splash protected and not for baptism............ cheesy

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by officialfestus(m): 8:34pm On Feb 07, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Next time, buy a Samsung device with IP certification..... Since your smartphones, love to have a swim........ cheesy

it was a friend of mine that actually used it to snap inside water because he thought it was water resistant....i just dey vex for am

9 Likes

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by nosiebaba(m): 8:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
It's the display ic or something like that. Hold power and volume down button and see if the phone screen will flicker
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by officialfestus(m): 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2021
nosiebaba:
It's the display ic or something like that. Hold power and volume down button and see if the phone screen will flicker
i don put am inside rice till monday evening to see if e go power on,if e work,anyday i get chance i o go give repairer to help me clean am with fuel
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by officialfestus(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
lalasticlala fp please
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by fotadmowmend(m): 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2021
Screen probably burnt
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Lexusgs430: 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
officialfestus:
it was a friend of mine that actually used it to snap inside water because he thought it was water resistant....i just dey vex for am

For underwater snaps.. ....... You need Umidigi Bison...... cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by officialfestus(m): 9:22pm On Feb 07, 2021
Lexusgs430:

For underwater snaps.. ....... You need Umidigi Bison...... cheesy
as at now I'm dead broke.

1 Like

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by potbelly(m): 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
Shaking it was the mistake...

Water droplets might move to parts that have not been touched by water.

You should have switched it off then held it vertically so the water can flow out of the phone outlets. after this dry the phone with a clean cloth

then sundry for several hours.

after that put phone in bag/sack of rice overnight.

then try and switch it on the following day

10 Likes

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by officialfestus(m): 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2021
potbelly:
Shaking it was the mistake...

Water droplets might move to parts that have not been touched by water.

You should have switched it off then held it vertically so the water can flow out of the phone outlets. after this dry the phone with a clean cloth

then sundry for several hours.

after that put phone in bag/sack of rice overnight.

then try and switch it on the following day
I pray it workout concerning the rice part,but waters should only have effect on the battery and not the panel, I tried opening it but I couldn't.
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by Swaylore: 7:55am On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
I pray it workout concerning the rice part,but waters should only have effect on the battery and not the panel, I tried opening it but I couldn't.

Once you open it, water resistant don go ohh.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by femi4: 8:34am On Feb 08, 2021
officialfestus:
my samsung phone with inbuilt battery fell inside a pool and it was still until i shut it down and wipe the water off ,after sometime i on it and it powered on and was still working,then i shut it down again and started shaking it to remove the water inside,but now it rufuses to power on,any help on how to go about it ?
Wrong move there...It's dead. The board is gone

You are suppose to at least sun dry it for 24hrs before putting it on again
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by FreeSpirited: 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2021
Sun it now

1 Like

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by ForeThinker: 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2021
Ok .. sorry
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by bareal(m): 12:10pm On Feb 08, 2021
Buy another one nah
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by praiseneo(m): 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2021
Wahala be like scapegoat undecided
Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by 900warriorz: 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2021
Mutiu like you....how can you power on a phone that fell inside water without ensuring all the water inside is out? angry

Now you've spoilt the poor Samsung phone. It was a strong phone indeed, it was battling with it's life till you eventually killed it by turning it on. cry

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool by PussyKing(m): 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2021
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Help. How Can I Share Data On My Mtn Sim / My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. / Government Moves NIN-SIM Linkage Deadline To April 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.