Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours (34488 Views)

VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition / Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) / Autotrader Names Hyundai Kona A Best Car For Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by maryalloy(f): 10:47am On Feb 08, 2021
Only for Naija you go buy fuel power electric car grin grin grin
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Stubborn82: 10:50am On Feb 08, 2021
Am addicted to honda, when honda start producing their electric cars, e go mad, I can't wait
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by emmyN(m): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2021
deepwater:

You are the illiterate here.

Half education is a poison.

It makes you feel fly while being so s.s.tu.pid in public.

Power consumption is not calculated straight forward like that.

Before you start calculations on power, please read and understand the concept of residual battery power.

By the way, did u know that 16% of energy is lost from source (wall) to battery during charge?

So how u guaranteed of adequate power in 2 hours

That shit would go off in orile traffic trust me

I believe the manufacturer took cognizance of power loss before they pegged charging time at 9+ hours. We mustn't always be pessimistic.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by vetrovialMan(m): 11:05am On Feb 08, 2021
GloShare:
Hmmmm, this thread is exposing lots of illiterates.

It takes 9 hours to charge fully.

A full battery can do 400+km

That means just 2 hours charge should be able to do almost 100km.

How many people do 100km daily to work and back home?

This means this can work even when you have poor electricity.

A bare minimum of 2hrs charge at home or at work and you're good to go.

The matter tire me o, don't understand why folks won't engage their brains before mashing their keyboards, most office folks work 6+ hours during working days. shei the car no fit dey charge while the work dey go?

the only grouse i have with the car is the price tag. the car is a welcome innovation, if we fit reason the level of our carbon emission and the damage it does to our environs.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Hope1717(f): 11:09am On Feb 08, 2021
With which light na?
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Mcdreamy15: 11:21am On Feb 08, 2021
jamalchance:
Can generators charge it too ?
Cos buying fuel for generator to charge your car doesn’t make sense ooo
cheesy grin very funny bro.. Imagine make you dey call mechanic say make e come fix your generator say you wan use am charge your car grin

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by kolaaderin: 11:52am On Feb 08, 2021
Stubborn82:
Am addicted to honda, when honda start producing their electric cars, e go mad, I can't wait
Honda is already in the market. Go figure the car out and don't be left behind.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by xjiggy: 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2021
Aside the initial purchase price, its extremely economical. With less than #3,000 you can power your generator for over 12hrs which is enough time to charge the vehicle. This will take me to Benin and almost back. To fuel my vehicle 80litres tank with fuel is #13,000.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Adeplus: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2021
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:27pm On Feb 08, 2021
GloShare:

Toh! Na so I just dey read the comments dey weep profusely for dumb Nigerians youths. Who even said you need to run the battery down before you start looking for where to get 9 hour electricity to charge? Later they will be angry if an uneducated president derides them.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by gabrielagber(m): 2:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
NIGERIA CAN NOT USE THIS CAR BECAUSE SOMETIMES YOU WILL NOT SEE LIGHT FOR A WEEK,UNLESS YOU CARRY GENERATOR ALONG WITH YOU
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Eriokanmi: 3:34pm On Feb 08, 2021
PAWG:

At the bolded, you’re funny and dead wrong. Let’s assume that I charge my phone at work or with gen, what’s wrong with charging the car at work? Mind you government isn’t banning fossil fuel powered cars so I don’t get why you’re complaining. I’m at a loss.

Even if Lamborghini came to open an assembly in Nigeria, the likes of you would still find ways to complain, not like you’ll even buy the car sef.

I see you’re now wiser than the company that came to invest in Nigeria. If they don’t push and sell units it’s their loss not yours, mind you they’ll be employing local content too. You think the we should remain stagnated because Nigeria hasn’t solved her power generating issues, no way!

I get 20+ hours daily since you asked.

In plain terms, the car isn’t meant for everyone. That’s the hard pill
Nobody is complaining. I only tried to let you know that your narrative of charging your phone with electricity when we were talking about automobile which would need over 9hrs to charge its battery to the fullest was very wrong. How can you compare the 2. You can charge your phone at work because it requires less energy but no company would allow you charge your car for that long.

In very near future, except Nigeria had an alternative to climate change agenda, virtually all cars in Nigeria would be running on battery. We can't be an exception.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by vetrovialMan(m): 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
na make person find money build car charging stations/park o, arrange better lister generator
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by COdeGenesis: 5:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
ufotty2001:

You are the most foo. It lish person on Earth.. so common sense can't tell you that government has direct or indirect power to influence who and who enjoy the allocation of electricity that flows to the state.. Ibom Power Station is it the state or PHED that build it?? U are used.ess

You are a very ignorant person. You think you know too much but the more you type the more you expose your dismal level of ignorance. Like I said before Power supply to customers is the sole responsibility of distribution companies like IKEDC, BEDC, PHED . It's a business. A business make will do deals with customers he knows can afford and pay for goods delivered. If you don't have a supply like Ewet then they don't consider your axis viable. Udom has been threatening to start up a state owned distribution company to manage electricity in Akwa Ibom.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by banio: 7:06pm On Feb 08, 2021
Anywhere Oyibo goes, Nigeria goes.

Charging for nine hours plus.

Where will the power come from ?

Abeg let's continue will our fuel and diesel cars in peace, make mama Ajoke fit go market tomorrow
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Peppermintflav: 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2021
GloShare:

You have a point, but have you forgotten that a journey of 13km in Lagos might take you 6hrs cos of traffic. I hope the battery can last up to 12hrs or more.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Peppermintflav: 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2021
NinjaMetahuman:
accelerating and decelerating is actually good for electric cars..

There is something called regenerative braking, most electric cars have it.
Everytime you decelerate, your battery gains charges. (Google regenerative braking for more details)

As for ac, the consumption is usually very minimal. Atleast on popular brand.

Watch this video on that if you have enough data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9SmUW3Abpk
Wow!! The car can idle for 4days with AC on. This is the future.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by VicM6: 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
GloShare:

Mr prof, abeg wat of people wey wan travel nko, na for bush path dem go plug the car for tree bah... so now na to buy motor just for working stuff alone..... Nawa o baba, ur own worst.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by ProtectMyMoney: 1:22am On Feb 09, 2021
na2016:

Charging point no b like phone o ooo

Lol ...wey you go hear pls do you have Nokia charger? I want to use it to charge my car...

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by virajmaha: 1:10pm On Feb 09, 2021
This is interesting. I work for an aluminium die casting company in Pune. We manufacture clutch hub, clutch housing & clutch flange. Electronic Vehicles are going to be a big thing. It has a few challenges but definitely better for the environment.

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by GloShare(m): 2:20am On Feb 10, 2021
deepwater:

You are the illiterate here.

Half education is a poison.

It makes you feel fly while being so s.s.tu.pid in public.

Power consumption is not calculated straight forward like that.

Before you start calculations on power, please read and understand the concept of residual battery power.

By the way, did u know that 16% of energy is lost from source (wall) to battery during charge?

So how u guaranteed of adequate power in 2 hours

That shit would go off in orile traffic trust me

Mehhh...

I may not know so much, but I have leased a Tesla for a road trip, and here are two things I can confidently say.

1. The charge time is near or almost correct. All factors whether energy lost or gained are already accounted for in the program.

2. The amount of energy lost while driving is not thesame amount lost while idling. This is for those complaining about hold up on lagos roads.
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by GloShare(m): 2:21am On Feb 10, 2021
VicM6:
Mr prof, abeg wat of people wey wan travel nko, na for bush path dem go plug the car for tree bah... so now na to buy motor just for working stuff alone..... Nawa o baba, ur own worst.

You no dey full tank before traveling?

When you know you have a trip planned, you'll have to charge adequately.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by AlphaSoul: 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2021
Re: Hyundai Kona To Run For 482 Km When Charged, Charging Takes 9.35 Hours by Cuteamigo1(m): 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2021
Too many people in this thread proving why they say the world is filled with idiots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Cook Food On Your Car's Engine (Photos) / How Auto Dealers Lost Cars Worth N500m To Lagos Pipeline Fire (photos) / How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.