Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria (61060 Views)

Breaking: CBN Lists Reasons It Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria / Can We Stop The Ignorance? CBN Did Not Ban Cryptocurrency In Nigeria / Aishah Ahmad: Profile Of The CBN Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Fragility6: 5:01am On Feb 08, 2021
Nicoddemus:
Those niggas are making sense with the reasons they stated on cryptocurrency banning
Like your name u b real nicodemus.No sense

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by favour32(m): 5:02am On Feb 08, 2021
What the crude government cannot control is illegal abi?
Na communist country dem dey form so?
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04am On Feb 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
mumu cbn.... perused through the article as I put on my intellectual cap to read between lines while blazing my weed....I must say this article is devoid and bereft of intellect and nous
We go dey do Ptpt
If you are a niggarrrr and you understand what I meant by ptpt then you must be a real niggarr...

Light up my last tie of weed for the night as i return back to my huzzle and bombing...whether Nigeria government like it or not ....there will always be light and fire at the end of my weed while I puff from the other end

All what this Nigeria government wants is for us to be young, dumb and broke.....we reject it...
The Nigerian youth doesn't need the government's help to be young, dumb and broke they are doing well in that aspect already.

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Fragility6: 5:06am On Feb 08, 2021
Ayatullah:

You know nothing and you are as dumb as Atiku Abubakar calling on CBN not to ban what has been BANNED since 2017.

Ask yourself how a currency that you have been told has a roll out limit is the future!

The only stupid thing CBN did that made it as dumb as you and Atiku was to be calling on banks NOW to close their cryptocurrency accounts knowing fully well it's been on since all these years.

Dumb,stupid nai be the only thing you fit type.This online warriors work buhari give una dey really dey pay coz the energy

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Fragility6: 5:11am On Feb 08, 2021
citygarden:
You are saying this because you don’t know anything about cryptocurrency. And is not your field.
How will you feel, if your present job is being ban by government?

You reply that idiot.People wey don clone accounts to dey support FG nai u get time dey mention

2 Likes

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:16am On Feb 08, 2021
kktbm:
We understand but, even USA, a country with high crime rate, home of fraudsters(if you know you know), also a better nation didn’t ban crypto.

Cryptocurrency is the future

Well what do I know

Some states ban Crypto
States like Texas

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by bayelsaowei(m): 5:16am On Feb 08, 2021
grossintel:
CBN is filled with old thinking people. Come and ban Peer to Peer trading on Binance na!

Ever since the news broke out, I still buy and selling BTC with ease like nothing happened.

The only people you're hurting are registered Fintech crypto companies. They are the onces paying taxes to the government because we don't.

Instead of enforcing KYC like developed countries did, you banned their activists and closed their accounts there by encouraging people to buy and sell from each other and thankfully there are so many PTP exchanges with escrow. Nigeria is backward abeg, useless policy with no single effect.
grin. They will reverse this policy once they find out it isn't having the sinister effect they intended.

Fools in government..arrant fools

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Subzero047: 5:18am On Feb 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
mumu cbn.... perused through the article as I put on my intellectual cap to read between lines while blazing my weed....I must say this article is devoid and bereft of intellect and nous
We go dey do Ptpt
If you are a niggarrrr and you understand what I meant by ptpt then you must be a real niggarr...

Light up my last tie of weed for the night as i return back to my huzzle and bombing...whether Nigeria government like it or not ....there will always be light and fire at the end of my weed while I puff from the other end

All what this Nigeria government wants is for us to be young, dumb and broke.....we reject it...

I thought Buhari was a real niggar?

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by sharone21(f): 5:29am On Feb 08, 2021
The best thing this government has ever done. We have the stock market, Nigerians home and abroad can invest in it as this can be done online eg Meristem stock brokers( not marketing for them though). Let us build our market and restore confidence in it.
Many Nigerians have been defrauded through cryptocurrency. A company like Luno will even hoard your money even when you have NO business with bitcoin, Luno or ponzi schemes. CBN well done and swiftly investigate LUNO company including other alternative routes they may want to access the hard earned cash of many Nigerians.
CBN THANKS. A LOT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by emmygod: 5:38am On Feb 08, 2021
It is a pity. It is more profitable to invest in cow than cryptocurrency. _What again do you need to hear?
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by AroleOduduwa2: 5:40am On Feb 08, 2021
Twinkie1000:
Honestly, its very sad to be ruled by people who don't know much about blockchain and the crypto space, since the inception of btc and the likes, crypto has been an hedge against inflation why top fund investors are embracing it and moving their funds to the asset as a safe haven asset.
Crypto assets are volatile, true I'm very disappointed cbn is coming out to say China out rightly banned crypto, when they have the largest numbers of miners in the world and they themselves are embracing blockchain tech. They only placed some level of restrictions on it such as crypto ipos. China that's planning on developing digital yuan, can you imagine this kind of unsophisticated cared lie.
The fact that Oracle of Omaha or whatever is not interested in crypto doesn't make it less valuable. Anything can be a gambling device.
Fiat currencies worldwide is depreciating due to inflation.
If you buy 2 loaves of bread for 1usd today, and tomorrow, 1usd gets you 1 loaf, you'll prefer to have bread than hold usd the next day.
Same way crypto works, an hedge against inflation. Whether they see it as an acceptable currency or not, it has proven to be a profitable asset.
Stable coins like usdc, usdt are better as currencies because they're less volatile.
I'll rather move funds in crypto to protect their worth than keep them in fiats to suffer inflation rates.
Crypto has come to stay, if inflation rates keep rising, fiat will be worthless someday.
Elon musk self embrace crypto, e be like say dey no Sabi how things dey run.
Btc was the best performing asset of the last decade.
With over 1000% roi last year

You’re very clever, most people on here don’t know how this work. Digital coins are like any other stock, stock do right and fall, but the advantage of digital coin is it accessible to all and controlled by the end user, unlike traditional stock where there are inside trading.

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Oluwademilade: 5:50am On Feb 08, 2021
You said crypto is not a valid means of payment. How then can the same crypto be used to finance terrorism?
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Mftivi: 6:00am On Feb 08, 2021
wellmax:
If only people will listen to clear explanations like this and stop the band wagon criticism
easily impressed.

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by SaintUlot: 6:05am On Feb 08, 2021
kktbm:
We understand but, even USA, a country with high crime rate, home of fraudsters(if you know you know), also a better nation didn’t ban crypto.

Well what do I know

Cryptocurrency is regulated in USA too and they can always review the regulation from time to time. The fact that they haven't ban it outrightly now doesn't mean they might not ban it in future, in crypto space anything can happen.

Still buying all Gift cards @ good rate

https://www.nairaland.com/3908406/best-farsell-all-itunes-amazon

WHATSAPP
:https:///s/saintulot
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by southpole: 6:05am On Feb 08, 2021
sharone21:
The best thing this government has ever done. We have the stock market, Nigerians home and abroad can invest in it as this can be done online eg Meristem stock brokers( not marketing for them though). Let us build our market and restore confidence in it.
Many Nigerians have been defrauded through cryptocurrency. A company like Luno will even hoard your money even when you have NO business with bitcoin, Luno or ponzi schemes. CBN well done and swiftly investigate LUNO company including other alternative routes they may want to access the hard earned cash of many Nigerians.
CBN THANKS. A LOT.
Can you mention only one person among the millions of people who bought bank IPOs in 2006 and 2007 that has recovered his or her capital? I am not even talking about making profits. Just one person out of millions that has recovered his capital from that investment. Waiting for your response

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by HONOR1: 6:11am On Feb 08, 2021
blackmaine:
Ogah we still dey buy btc we no gree for this one

Abeg how i fit buy jare
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by HONOR1: 6:13am On Feb 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
We go dey do Ptpt

Bro.. which one is Ptpt
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by SaintUlot: 6:18am On Feb 08, 2021
All what he said about cryptocurrency is true, many countries and Nigeria inclusive have debated about this over and over in the past. But the major reason why this new restriction is coming up is not actually stated in the write up.
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by SaintUlot: 6:26am On Feb 08, 2021
AroleOduduwa2:

You’re very clever, most people on here don’t know how this work. Digital coins are like any other stock, stock do right and fall, but the advantage of digital coin is it accessible to all and controlled by the end user, unlike traditional stock where there are inside trading.

The manipulation in the crypto market is the greatest ever, because there are no controlling entity, that's why you see pump and dump, exit scam, 51% attack,shit coin shilling, the whales manipulating the market to their favour and all other forms of manipulations. Cryptocurrency and manipulation goes hand in hand.

3 Likes

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Mrpojj(m): 6:28am On Feb 08, 2021
wellmax:
If only people will listen to clear explanations like this and stop the band wagon criticism

What is clear about that explanation?

1 Like

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 08, 2021
AS USUAL, THE GOVERNMENT NORTHERN CABALS WILL UNLEASH UNPOPULAR LAWS AND POSITION A SOUTHERNER TO EXPLAIN AND DEFEND THEIR ACTIONS. .

SAME TACTICS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 6:36am On Feb 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
We go dey do Ptpt

Lol will I get small to taste grin grin
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by abbeyfel: 6:36am On Feb 08, 2021
wellmax:
If only you can read inbtw the lines and stop wanting everyone to reason like you
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by barragan: 6:37am On Feb 08, 2021
kktbm:

Well what do I know

Neither did Nigeria.
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 6:43am On Feb 08, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Did these idiots just quote Warren Buffet?

grin grin grin grin

Nothing Musa no go see for gate.

[img]https://media1./images/9fbdd86a997599094587fa7759f5c859/tenor.gif[/img]
grin grin
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Charles4000(m): 6:49am On Feb 08, 2021
me trying to translate some English with my dictionary here.... this country weak me��
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Obierika(m): 6:49am On Feb 08, 2021
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

Dangote and friends can borrow any amount they like but a graduate can’t get a loan, a student can’t get student loan but they want me to leave my hard end money in the bank, so when it’s election time, Apc and her twin can remove any amount they wish, In a century where most nations are buying crypto in millions to challenge the American dollar, mine is banning it, even America is sponsoring larger cooperations to buy cryptos, well I know the big abokis are not happy since Nigerians stopped using bureau de change, they can’t control millions of dollar anymore, by the way, why did he quote buffet but can’t use Elon Musk as an example

You people just make comments that are both baseless and foolish
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 6:53am On Feb 08, 2021
citygarden:
CBN is a big fool, they think because they are in position of power they know more than everybody in the country? Some of the stakeholders in CBN don’t even know 10% of what cryptocurrency is. Because the government can’t control it, they don’t have their way on taxes people on transaction. Let see if the ban will survive for a year. The even legalize it in Nigeria is not upto a year. So people survive with it when is not legalized.
I Swear they don't many people working in the banks don't understand Cryptocurrency
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by Splitmind: 6:56am On Feb 08, 2021
Isn't their description how stocks work so why don't they ban stock trading?
Re: CBN: Why We Banned Cryptocurrency In Nigeria by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 7:02am On Feb 08, 2021
Obierika:

You people just make comments that are both baseless and foolish

Baseless like your country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sport Betting Project.. Turn 1000 To Over 1 Million Naira In 40 Days / What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? / The 10 Most Expensive Alcoholic Drinks On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.