Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution (1424 Views)

Mahmood Yakubu Should Face Prosecution, PDP Tells Police, DSS / Court Nullifies APGA Governorship Primary Election In Abia, Orders Rerun / Shettima To Nigerians: Be Prepared For Tough Time In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by sunnybobonwa: 7:00am On Feb 08, 2021
Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution

Abia State government has asked killers Herdsmen to leave the state forthwith or be prepared to face the full weight of the law henceforth.

According to a statement issued by the Commissioner for Information, Chief John Okiyi Kalu, a situation whereby some criminals hiding under the guise of Herdsmen unleash mayhem and terror some parts of the state will not be tolerated by the government.

He urged Fulani Herdsmen operating in the state to obey the anti open grazing law of the state passed by the Abia State House of Assembly in 2018, adding that it is of great importance that all Nigerians, including Herdsmen should obey the laws of their host communities.

The Abia commissioner noted in the statement that some criminals, masquerading as Herdsmen, have recently infiltrated into some forests in the state and disclosed that these criminal elements rob, kidnap, rape and sometimes killed their victims even after collecting some ransom.

This, Okiyi Kalu explained, is not what the government will condone. He contended that the state anti open grazing law was properly enacted by state assembly to protect crops and other farms yields in the state and wondered why the police, Department of State Security (DSS), Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps have not arrested the Herdsmen who run foul of the law.

He emphasised that in the present modern civilization, cattle are kept in ranches for better productivity and expressed worry that the situation in Nigeria has allowed cattle to travel many kilometres in the bushes and forests even in the urban areas with it attendant consequences.

Okiyi Kalu warned that no business venture in the state will be allowed to constitute an impediment or obstacle to the survival and growth of another business venture, adding that Abia farmers cannot continue to suffer some losses due to the destruction of their crops and farmland by cattle herded by the Fulanis.

He, therefore, assured genuine Fulani Herdsmen of adequate protection of their lives and cows, saying that Governor Okezie Ikpeazu’s statement that he paid some amount to Fulanis whose cows were killed by rustlers was a testament to the fact that the government was genuinely committed to the protection of genuine Herdsmen in the state.

Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by Nwodosis(m): 7:03am On Feb 08, 2021
The earlier we realise the hard truth that the Fulanis have conquered the Nation the better.

Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by Designsking: 7:23am On Feb 08, 2021
Long overdue. Other states should follow suit

Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by AfonjaMuslim: 7:25am On Feb 08, 2021
All noise no action.
Fulanis brazenly disobey anti grazing law in different states yet the governors do nothing about it
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by NwaAro: 7:29am On Feb 08, 2021
Abia state government codedly telling ESN to do the needful

Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by nony43(m): 7:30am On Feb 08, 2021
Ikpeazu won't do anything to them in ESN we trust. Abeg i want to thank people that insulted Ikpeazu that he is not working. Because the kind of work happening in the whole of Aba in particular I am still wondering if he is the Gov since 2015
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by longetivity(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2021
Good News
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by Wyry: 8:05am On Feb 08, 2021
Nigerian girls are useless.
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by beautyhd: 8:44am On Feb 08, 2021
Long over due

Team end Fulani herdsmen
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by PrinceOfLagos: 8:47am On Feb 08, 2021
I support these
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:49am On Feb 08, 2021
Prosecution from the police? Army? Buhari? Presidency?
All of una don kolo,
The people will soon realize we would turn to zamfara if we keep listening to you greedy clowns

Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by Mysticwebb: 8:54am On Feb 08, 2021
Encoded = Prosecution
Decoded = ESN execution.
Fighting to protect one's loved ones, properties and life can never be fairly called a crime.

Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by Oyebaba10: 9:11am On Feb 08, 2021
W
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by obyrich(m): 10:13am On Feb 08, 2021
nony43:
Ikpeazu won't do anything to them in ESN we trust. Abeg i want to thank people that insulted Ikpeazu that he is not working. Because the kind of work happening in the whole of Aba in particular I am still wondering if he is the Gov since 2015
Same thing I heard o. Someone confirmed the guy has commenced massive road projects in Aba. I just hope he doesn't abandon them halfway.

Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by Biafrawemove: 10:24am On Feb 08, 2021
Herdsmen is left for you

Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by IamAtikulate: 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2021
obyrich:
Same thing I heard o. Someone confirmed the guy has commenced massive road projects in Aba. I just hope he doesn't abandon them halfway.
Yes, the fool is working now. I didn't believe what I saw in Aba two weeks ago.

Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by VanBommel(m): 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
IamAtikulate:

Yes, the fool is working now. I didn't believe what I saw in Aba two weeks ago.
grin grin angry
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by OfoIgbo: 1:01pm On Feb 08, 2021
Mysticwebb:
Encoded = Prosecution
Decoded = ESN execution.
Fighting to protect one's loved ones, properties and life can never be fairly called a crime.

Encoded = Criminals
Decoded = Fulani herdsmen

Encoded = Innocent Fulani herdsmen
Decoded = Hausa community in the east
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by BastardWike: 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2021
After making a nice speech, he rubbished it by saying he pays herdsmen whose cows were killed. Why would you pay herdsmen when your counterpart in Kano is busy destroying businesses of Southerners in the name of religion?

If fulani herdsmen are law abiding, no one would kill their cow, yet you will use the money meant to be used for development in dashing killer herdsmen.
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by ebuka440: 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2021
Whether killer herdsmen or innocent herdsmen, all of them should leave the east ASAP
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by Whoube99(f): 2:12pm On Feb 08, 2021
This press statement by the government doesn't make any sense at all, because it is this same that have paying the herders huge sums of money for any of their cow killed by anybody in Abia State.
Re: Abia Orders Killer Herdsmen To Leave State Or Be Prepared To Face Prosecution by Ddokie: 3:28pm On Feb 08, 2021
NwaAro:
Abia state government codedly telling ESN to do the needful

You sef get the message abi?

Politics - Video: No Be Today Igbo People Begin Dey Smart / Sit-At-Home: “Stop Disparaging Our Legal Team" - Bar Ejiofor Warns IPOB Members / Breaking: Sowore And Comrades Storm NBC Over Channels TV Query