Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd (9229 Views)

Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd / "Odd" Things That Can Take You To Hell / Being The Odd One In A Sex-infested Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd by shadeyinka(m): 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
budaatum:
buda always seeks, shade. It is precisely why buda never ever believes that buda knows, because it just might be the satan deceiving one with a matrix.

But you know what? I'm going to watch it again as it has been a long time, and the credit for that is yours. Thanks. And for this thread too, because every word that buda wrote in it was because buda had to seek.

The bolded is a good move. The formula is openness and sincerity to God. Forget whatever you know and speak to God Himself: that you may know Him.

He is gracious to arrange your experiences tailor-made for you.

He speaks:
Through your Conscience
Through your Circumstances
Through sudden/spontaneous impressions
Through your Dreams

God cannot be known through logic, He is known through discerning Him within the loud noises of the environment.

Logic only help in articulating that you have known in a systematic manner but it doesn't help you to know.

Deu 4:29:
"But if from there you shall seek the LORD your God, you shall find him, if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul."

Jer 29:13:
"And you shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart."

Finally, we keep growing in the knowledge of God: it never stop until we see Him face to face

Shalom Bro!
Re: Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd by budaatum: 11:29pm On Mar 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

The bolded is a good move. The formula is openness and sincerity to God. Forget whatever you know and speak to God Himself: that you may know Him.

He is gracious to arrange your experiences tailor-made for you.

He speaks:
Through your Conscience
Through your Circumstances
Through sudden/spontaneous impressions
Through your Dreams

God cannot be known through logic, He is known through discerning Him within the loud noises of the environment.

Logic only help in articulating that you have known in a systematic manner but it doesn't help you to know.

Deu 4:29:
"But if from there you shall seek the LORD your God, you shall find him, if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul."

Jer 29:13:
"And you shall seek me, and find me, when you shall search for me with all your heart."

Finally, we keep growing in the knowledge of God: it never stop until we see Him face to face

Shalom Bro!

Can you see how we have said exactly the same thing in our tailor made words?

budaatum:
Except it agrees with what you believe about the scripture, you mean.

But God is most Powerful and Wise, Shadeyinka. You will think, you will dream, donkeys will minister to you and bushes will burn in front of your eyes and you will be bold enough to come and confess what happens to you on the way to Damascus.

God is using us, Yinka. God's Will, and not our stupid own.
Re: Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd by shadeyinka(m): 12:07am On Mar 04, 2021
budaatum:

Can you see how we have said exactly the same thing in our tailor made words?

God is using us, Yinka. God's Will, and not our stupid own.
I can pray this prayer and charge of Paul for us

Phil 3:10-16:
"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable to his death; If by any means I might attain to the resurrection of the dead.

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Brothers, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth to those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing you be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this to you.

Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd by budaatum: 12:30am On Mar 04, 2021
shadeyinka:

"Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing."

Which is not necessarily to believe the same things or understand equally, but to love one another and our enemies even moreso to the extent that we turn our cheeks to be slapped 7 times 70 times.

In Jesus Mighty Name. Amen.
Re: Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd by shadeyinka(m): 7:28am On Mar 04, 2021
budaatum:

Which is not necessarily to believe the same things or understand equally, but to love one another and our enemies even moreso to the extent that we turn our cheeks to be slapped 7 times 70 times.

In Jesus Mighty Name. Amen.
I agree!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Waging A Bet Against An Impossible Statistical Odd by Antiislaam(m): 4:26pm On Mar 12, 2022
Las Las budaatum is now on an airplane mode

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / 5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion / The Will Of God Vs My Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.