Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 (26912 Views)

Arsenal Vs Liverpool (3 - 2) On 9th October 2022 / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (3 - 0) On 13th February 2021 / Watford Vs Liverpool (3 - 0) On 29th February 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Angelfrost(m): 4:23pm On Feb 13, 2021
RealEzee:
excuses excuses excuses...... How do you come up all these without feeling ur conscience pricking you tho? You even dare insult Sir Alex by undermining his accomplishments in English football join, na wa for u oooo ExMan

That part shock me my brother... Just imagine.

People make light of the exceptional things done by Sir. Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, etc, and still expect you to take them seriously. Lol.
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:24pm On Feb 13, 2021
What has happened to Liverpool ? At this rate,nothing is guaranteed !
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Masterclass32: 4:28pm On Feb 13, 2021
Looks like they're walking alone now.

But, Klopp will get things back on track.

2 Likes

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Pacesetter123(m): 4:30pm On Feb 13, 2021
I dey think all this while,weda Rogers go fit borrow me like 3 of his front line players make I take go play Athletico De Madrid.Those him boys sharp for goal mouth pass Gillette razor blades.Dem dey score with ease.See as dem year Liverpool defense apart within just 6 minutes.But u see those my Chelsea Frontline players? Dem blunt past shovel wer dem never sharp before since dey make am.
Dem n goalscoring no fit go in the same sentence.
If the man go gree borrow me,I promised to return dem uninjured to him after de two- legged match with Diego Someone's men.
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by engrchykae(m): 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
Patoski7:
Liverpool don turn barcelona
Messi cursed Liverpool,he said "God,let Liverpool suffer for 600 years"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Kyase(m): 4:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
Angelfrost:

Na only this kind thing go bring you out of hiding!

Fergie001 and Kyase, coman carry your boy! embarassed
just dey pity liverpool now
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Kyase(m): 4:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
fergie001:
In honour of Klopp's mum who passed on earlier this week.....
A Liverpool win will be good.

ghettokid1 angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson crazygod kyase ray07 vickyrotex redblood01 emeijeh theboss100

honour ke, for football?

gbest90 and ebuka hope una dey fine
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by ofiko123(m): 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
Terrible loss... Liverpool will definitely bounce back from this defeat...

1 Like

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Theboss100(m): 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2021
As a true Liverpool fan, I will say we need to sell some players both top and low and use the money to bring in fresh legs. It seems all EPL managers have mastered Liverpool's games and are using it against us. Hence our series of loses in recent times.

As lemme use this to console my fellow fans.

Now I understand how it pains to lose matches.

I still repeat, stop playing Liverpool on your tickets till they win at Anfield and win 5 straight matches.

YNWA

3 Likes

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Reference(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
Angelfrost:

That part shock me my brother... Just imagine.

People make light of the exceptional things done by Sir. Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, etc, and still expect you to take them seriously. Lol.

I am not a name chaser. I see things in perspectives. There have been many, many successful managers in the English game in different eras of which Sir Alex is one and there will be many to come.

What I simply state is clear. The level of competition in the Premierahip today trumps anything seen since it started in 1992 due to many factors of which the influx of top foreign (non English, non British) managers is a principal reason.

Even traditionally mid table teams are able to hire great tactifians and serial cuo winnera because the finaceanare there to back them uo with top talent. This simply means the era of running over teams with easy points is over. At the very top it puts enornous strains on clubs to be near oerfect season in and season out just to win the Prem.

You will certainly not see the kind of prolonged dominace United under Ferguson experienced. That era is over....

....And all you folks see is the name Ferguson and you start running for the hills....not surprised though, that is a African thing...idolatry...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by EbukaHades10(m): 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
Tonymegabush1:

Class can't be permanent if so we all would still be in skul by now...

Nb.. well I get what you were trying to say but currently leipzig can comfortably beat Liverpool for Germany come Tuesday
Comfortably, because of some poor games?

Liverpool is not Sheffield o, make u no go forget.

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by lexy2014: 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
Angelfrost:
This has got to be the "best" time for any serious team to play Liverpool!... Smh!!! undecided

A good time indeed. Liverpool is doing Bonanza
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
I can't count how many times Liverpool and their fans have all walked alone, separately this motherfvcking season....

What a bad moment to be a leaf-apool fan. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Theboss100(m): 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2021
Tamel:

Na every game we dey Match on grin

Where we dey Match go like this
The thing tire me
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Reference(m): 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2021
Theboss100:
As a true Liverpool fan, I will say we need to sell some players both top and low and use the money to bring in fresh legs. It seems all EPL managers have mastered Liverpool's games and are using it against us. Hence our series of loses in recent times.

As lemme use this to console my fellow fans.

Now I understand how it pains to lose matches.

I still repeat, stop playing Liverpool on your tickets till they win at Anfield and win 5 straight matches.

YNWA

I like that word 'mastered'. In years gone by you could see teams play the same pattern for years and still amass lots of trophies.

Today's Premiership teams are more tactical and adaptive and are quick to antidote managers, teams, formations and key players simply because the quality of coaching across board has improved.

That is what brings about the stress and terrible errors top players go through cyclically in the Premiership after previous outstanding performances. It happened to United, Leicester, Chelsea in recent seasons past, City last season, and Liverpool now. Ultra competition wears top players out.

5 Likes

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Jaywilzee(m): 5:01pm On Feb 13, 2021
Liverpool problems started when mane and Salah started chasing individual greatness at the detriment of the team,,,
Klopp should also be humble enough to bench Alisson now, he needs to stay on the bench for some matches and rediscover himself..

Liverpool still has a very good squad when fit, just unfortunate with injuries..
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by fergie001: 5:07pm On Feb 13, 2021
Angelfrost:

Why?!! When Dean Henderson is available! grin cool
No way.....Romero should go there and get a 5-year-deal jareh grin

1 Like

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Kelvin3476: 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2021
addexx:
If Dem like make Dem chop 31 - 1 Doesn't change a thing. The whole squad is fatigued It's been 4 years. Respect still dey
four years of what ?
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Damonollie(m): 5:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
Ray07:
some of them still better pass those united players for me grin
you mean Newcastle United �
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by hustla(m): 5:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
Reference:
But Ndidi is a great player. You just wonder why Nigeria just cannot profit from his abilities.

The same reason Nigerians excel abroad is why Nigeria cannot profit from his abilities

grin
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Angelfrost(m): 5:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
Reference:

I am not a name chaser. I see things in perspectives. There have been many, many successful managers in the English game in different eras of which Sir Alex is one and there will be many to come.

What I simply state is clear. The level of competition in the Premierahip today trumps anything seen since it started in 1992 due to many factors of which the influx of top foreign (non English, non British) managers is a principal reason.

Even traditionally mid table teams are able to hire great tactifians and serial cuo winnera because the finaceanare there to back them uo with top talent. This simply means the era of running over teams with easy points is over. At the very top it puts enornous strains on clubs to be near oerfect season in and season out just to win the Prem.

You will certainly not see the kind of prolonged dominace United under Ferguson experienced. That era is over....

....And all you folks see is the name Ferguson and you start running for the hills....not surprised though, that is a African thing...idolatry...

No sir, I worship no one!!!... I merely respect and study successful people. Big difference! So, let's do away with the condescension. Thank you.

Managerial excellence means or entails consistency in building highly lethal, effective, and quality teams year in, year out... United did that successfully yearly for the better part of over a decade, even the resurgence of Chelsea, Arsenal, and City didn't dim their excellence till the board chose to break stride by hiring the nitwit from Everton.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, etc, kept at it almost continuously...

While I agree, that more teams investing more in quality managers and players have made the game more "interesting" and competitive, nothing much has changed in terms of top teams consistently running away with the title every year.

Let's not stray too far afield, the fact remains that Liverpool could have truly and properly defended this title or at the very least come quite close to it if they had done the needful!

You can't fail to solidify and bolster your squad, then expect not to greatly struggle! This is beyond other teams stepping up their games (which they damn well ought to).... Who doesn't know why Man City struggled last season?!! Or why Monaco has been a shadow of itself since gloriously ruling Ligue 1 not far back?!! Need we talk about the many troubles of Barcelona?!! Or why Dortmund keeps trailing along since Klopp left?!!...

Football is a business sir... You plan ahead and properly invest, or you struggle and flail away.

N.B: I Haven't disagreed with your excellent points. Just not ready to give Liverpool a pass. Thank you.
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Ray07(m): 5:17pm On Feb 13, 2021
Damonollie:
you mean Newcastle United �
angry
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by JastSiryin(m): 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2021
Liverpool fans can now shut the hell up now until the end of the season grin
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Reference(m): 5:25pm On Feb 13, 2021
Jaywilzee:
Liverpool problems started when mane and Salah started chasing individual greatness at the detriment of the team,,,
Klopp should also be humble enough to bench Alisson now, he needs to stay on the bench for some matches and rediscover himself..

Liverpool still has a very good squad when fit, just unfortunate with injuries..

Agree with the second para. It is clear Allison is burnt out and needs a rest. He needs a Dubai break to get his head straightened out because that is where the problem is not his skillset.

Why City is able to bounce back so quickly is because they have far deeper pockets and their squad today is far renewed and refreshed from what it was last season and the season past but then you can see what has happened to long term campaigners such as Kun Aguero.

It is not easy. To sustain a title run in the Premiership today is far beyond the quality of a team's first eleven. Top teams need to be able to 'change the oil' in their engines almost every season and this does not come cheap.
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by fergie001: 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
Kyase:
honour ke, for football?

gbest90 and ebuka hope una dey fine
cheesy grin

I know say this thing sweet you grin cheesy
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by fergie001: 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
Kyase and I warned Liverpool fans last year.......they challenged us.

On this forum, I told Klopp that he will pay for involving ManU with PKs, now you can see.

Well.....na discovering-oil tinx rn cool

ghettokid1 angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson crazygod ray07 redblood01 vickyrotex theboss100 emeijeh

4 Likes

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Chioma1989: 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2021
Only Manchester City has been consistent for the past seven years. All other teams, including Liverpool have been doing try your luck. All the teams that won something within the last five years did so once City slips, showing that they are always the title decider
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Reference(m): 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
Angelfrost:

No sir, I worship no one!!!... I merely respect and study successful people. Big difference! So, let's do away with the condescension. Thank you.

Managerial excellence means or entails consistency in building highly lethal, effective, and quality teams year in, year out... United did that successfully yearly for the better part of over a decade, even the resurgence of Chelsea, Arsenal, and City didn't dim their excellence till the board chose to break stride by hiring the nitwit from Everton.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, etc, kept at it almost continuously...

While I agree, that more teams investing more in quality managers and players have made the game more "interesting" and competitive, nothing much has changed in terms of top teams consistently running away with the title every year.

Let's not stray too far afield, the fact remains that Liverpool could have truly and properly defended this title or at the very least come quite close to it if they had done the needful!

You can't fail to solidify and bolster your squad, then expect not to greatly struggle! This is beyond other teams stepping up their games (which they damn well ought to).... Who doesn't know why Man City struggled last season?!! Or why Monaco has been a shadow of itself since gloriously ruling Ligue 1 not far back?!! Need we talk about the many troubles of Barcelona?!! Or why Dortmund keeps trailing along since Klopp left?!!...

Football is a business sir... You plan ahead and properly invest, or you struggle and flail away.

N.B: I Haven't disagreed with your excellent points. Just not ready to give Liverpool a pass. Thank you.

We are saying exactly the same thing. No one is condescending or watering down the achievements of Sir Alex. His records are there for all time. He is a legend no doubt but what I say is that today's success secrets in the Premiership are totally different from a decade ago.

Today's Premiership is like customized race cars with so powerful engines, driven to extremities that they have to be rebuilt after every race at monumental costs simply because the competition has improved drastically.

That is what City has done for the last half decade. It virtually rebuilds its team every season ensuring burnout is kept to a minimum.

The long and short of this scenario is that money still rules despite increasingly qualitative management. That is why teams like Arsenal are falling further away and that is why gaffers like Jose, successful during the time of Sir Alex (by the way) struggle today to hold a position, hold a formation, hold tactics and even hold a team down, ultra competition.

Is Liverpool able to rest or replace 3, 4, 5, 6 top matchday squad players. Do they have the cash...? because that is what City does season after season.

2 Likes

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Angelfrost(m): 5:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
fergie001:
Kyase and I warned Liverpool fans last year.......they challenged us.

On this forum, I told Klopp that he will pay for involving ManU with PKs, now you can see.

Well.....na discovering-oil tinx rn cool

ghettokid1 angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson crazygod ray07 redblood01 vickyrotex theboss100 emeijeh

I thought you were sympathizing with a bereaved opponent?!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Angelfrost(m): 5:43pm On Feb 13, 2021
Reference:

Today's Premiership is like customized race cars with so powerful engines, driven to extremities that they have to be rebuilt after every race at monumental costs simply because the competition has improved drastically.

APT!!!... I honestly couldn't agree more.
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Topmaike007(m): 5:44pm On Feb 13, 2021
Angelfrost:

At least you saw them carry it in your lifetime... Many were not that fortunate!!! embarassed
lolz
Re: Leicester City Vs Liverpool (3 - 1) On 13th February 2021 by Reference(m): 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2021
Chioma1989:
Only Manchester City has been consistent for the past seven years. All other teams, including Liverpool have been doing try your luck. All the teams that won something within the last five years did so once City slips, showing that they are always the title decider

But look at the squad when Pep came in and compare it to today's squad. Not as if he has been at City for ages but look at the monumental roster that has passed through in that time. He refreshes the team evey close season.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Leeds United (1 - 2) On 10th April 2021 / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (0 - 3) On 20th November 2021 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool (2 - 1 ) On 29th December 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.