Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,923 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu (23049 Views)

Lagos-calabar Highway Project Is A Highway To Fraud, Waste - Atiku / Badaru: Northern Govs’ Position On Power Shift To South Subject To Buhari’s Nod / Obasanjo Urges Yahaya Bello To Sustain Fight Against Criminality (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2021
Bobyro:

Damn what's up with your mentions about males? Do you hate men or so?
I don't.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by telegramm: 7:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:
Most fraudsters are males.
OK EXPERT ��
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by thatigboman: 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
MT:

Moghalu was simply trying to be politically correct. How do you regulate a "currency" that you don't know what it is being used to purchase and which you can't trace to anyone.

Comparing crypto currency to legal tender reeks of sheer ignorance . Moghalu's submission was reckless.
"currency" issued by no regulatory authority, backed by no asset, with sole aim of being annonymous

5 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
waleademolaa:

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J rule 3
Is male a tribe, group or race? Cry me a river. I aired my view on the topic. Are majority of fraudsters not males?
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by MT: 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

How is crypto the easiest way for common man to make money?

Don't mind them. Most of them don't understand what crypto currency entails. Most of the people in support of it are just rabble rousers, who can't justify intelligently why CBN should allow it to be exchanged for naira.

Stop wasting your energies on those educated illiterates.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Smh
Good evening.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2021
MT:

Don't mind them. Most of them don't understand what crypto currency entails. Most of the people in support of it are just rabble rousers, who can't justify intelligently why CBN should allow it to be exchanged for naira.

Stop wasting your energies on those educated illiterates.

I tire for them.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by MT: 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2021
thatigboman:
"currency" issued by no regulatory authority, backed by no asset, with sole aim of being annonymous

Thank you. Most of these supposedly elites are nitwits. He wanted to show he was in support of the public so that he could be backed for his presidential ambition. Comical entity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
AerialMapper:
Today i had 1,020,000 equivalent in my crypto wallet, my car needed urgent repairs. I withdrew 64,000 naira. I currently have a balance of 1,008,000!

How is this possible? This is what keeping your money in crypto does!!!

Stop making the government feel important; their ban has no effect on trading or receiving funds!

We know you are lieing because your story does not correspond with events on ground.

You can not withdraw your crypto into your bank account.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by AerialMapper: 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
thatigboman:
and when it crashes, u wount have up to 10,000 naira to feed yourself and your family.
Infact that your 1b crypto currency can disappear within seconds without a trace and your eyes will clear. Who will u run to? Police? EFCC? CBN? Or your much talked about US and UK?

I don’t depend on it to feed my family. I understand the risks and I have accepted it. I know it can all crash tomorrow and as I said, it’s money I can afford to lose.

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by arantess: 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2021
Kobicove:
This guy wants to project himself as the saviour by publicly contradicting the CBN which was his former employer undecided
Receive sense
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2021
MT:

Thank you. Most of these supposedly elites are nitwits. He wanted to show he was in support of the public so that he could be backed for his presidential ambition. Comical entity.

You are so right.

Imagine coming from a former cbn deputy governor.

If he was still in the system, he wont be out talking like this

2 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by lkillbrokehoes: 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:
Good evening.
Good evening madam sapphire, don't you think you should rest a bit? grinwink

1 Like

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:56pm On Feb 08, 2021
Even bringing goods, containers, cars, clothing, industrial raw materials into the country is also associated with fraud. They can use the fraud money to purchase those items and ship them down to Naija for sales so the CBN and FG should stop this stupidity

2 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Good evening madam sapphire, don't you think you should rest a bit? grinwink
School as resumed no more resting. I've been resting for months.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by AerialMapper: 7:59pm On Feb 08, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

We know you are lieing because your story does not correspond with events on ground.

You can not withdraw your crypto into your bank account.

LOL!

Don’t bother thinking it is GTbank! I moved the funds from the receiving bank to GT... look at the time stamps and don’t be a doubting Thomas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Tye1: 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2021
Sofistcatdmoron:
They should ban Internet and mobile banking because hoodlums also use it to scam innocent citizens,so that everyone will resort to over the counter withdrawal and deposits
may your days be long
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by TemmyT002(m): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:

Most male Fraudsters share their loots with females.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by piagetskinner(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2021
Saw dust brain reasoning..

This government don tire me... mtchew
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by jaxxy(m): 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:

How does this make sense? What if they are more because females aren't exposed as the male are??
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2021
AerialMapper:

LOL!

Don’t bother thinking it is GTbank! I moved the funds from the receiving bank to GT... look at the time stamps and don’t be a doubting Thomas

From what i understood, this is usdt.

I buy and hold for long not usdt but other coins.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by femifemi1(m): 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2021
Abeg don't blame the goons you put in govt if they said cryptocurrency is untraceable and anonymous, because even the bandits that live at their backyard they can not trace them.

The world is moving forward they are moving zizgzag, at least they tried, a movement is a movement.

Elon Musk, now the world richest and maker of major world electric cars just purchase $1.5billion worth of #Bitcoin and will be receiving #BTC as a means of payment. And am sure this man will look stupid to them.

Non of this people that packed themselves in govt can ever create a company that will net $1billion, if in doubt where is your Lake Rice.

Every project is created to loot money, or how can you explain why expenditure are always greater than income generate by any ministry.

Not one of these people has an a iota of skills and knowledge to move this country forward, but only create a policy that demarket the economy.

Look at your stock market, no significant growth for almost 13 years.

4 Likes

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by AerialMapper: 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

From what i understood, this is usdt .

Bros, from your earlier accusation, you don’t really understand much!

Examine the screenshots and match it with my post. I said I sold USDT for naira and got the naira paid into a Nigerian account. You claim it is impossible and I just showed you it was possible. USDT is crypto as well. I converted $ADA to $USDT.

Guy, I even thought you knew about crypto; didn’t realize you were just a noise maker!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by FreeLine: 8:27pm On Feb 08, 2021
Rightly said, but then again, it is also obvious that it is very difficult, if not highly impossible to obtain useful transaction information, with regards to organized fraudulent crimes and other illegal activities such as money-laundering and terrorism financing, made with crypto-currencies.
Some countries jurisdictions have gone even further and imposed restrictions on investments in crypto-currencies.
Some ban any and all activities involving cryptocurrencies.
There are also countries that, while not banning their citizens from investing in cryptocurrencies, impose indirect restrictions by barring financial institutions within their borders from facilitating transactions involving crypto-currencies. The later is what the CBN have chosen to adopt, as most organizations that facilitate such transactions are unregulated. Must also note that Nigerians who invest in cryptocurrencies do so at their own personal peril, and that no legal recourse is available to them in the event of loss.
However, other selfish reasons might be behind the ban, but there are enough concientious reasons to justify it.
But I honestly think that there are other issues of great concern that the government ought to provide a rapid response, in the same sudden manner they banned crypto-currency.
I swear I never saw this coming.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by lexy2014: 8:30pm On Feb 08, 2021
contigiency:
Because he is no more there. Coupled that he needs to dance to the gallery to help his political career.

Can u negate anything he said?
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by lexy2014: 8:31pm On Feb 08, 2021
FreeLine:
Rightly said, but then again, it is also obvious that it is very difficult, if not highly impossible to obtain useful transaction information, with regards to organized fraudulent crimes and other illegal activities such as money-laundering and terrorism financing, made with crypto-currencies.
Some countries jurisdictions have gone even further and imposed restrictions on investments in crypto-currencies.
Some ban any and all activities involving cryptocurrencies.
There are also countries that, while not banning their citizens from investing in cryptocurrencies, impose indirect restrictions by barring financial institutions within their borders from facilitating transactions involving crypto-currencies. The later is what the CBN have chosen to adopt, as most organizations that facilitate such transactions are unregulated. Must also note that Nigerians who invest in cryptocurrencies do so at their own personal peril, and that no legal recourse is available to them in the event of loss.
However, other selfish reasons might be behind the ban, but there are enough concientious reasons to justify it.
But I honestly think that there are other issues of great concern that the government ought to provide a rapid response, in the same sudden manner they banned crypto-currency.
I swear I never saw this coming.

Just like there are a million reasons to ban Ponzi schemes but alas...they still operate freely
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by mariahAngel(f): 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2021
sapphiere:

Are you a man hater??

There's no future without males.
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by jonnypie(m): 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2021
Tell the block heads...
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by sapientia(m): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2021
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Governor Masari stole 770 million naira meant for his marauding colleagues.

Masari explaining to his fellow bandits later in their bandits meeting how he was scammed in Cryptocurrency and lost it.

Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by FreeSpirited: 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2021
AerialMapper:
Today i had 1,020,000 equivalent in my crypto wallet, my car needed urgent repairs. I withdrew 64,000 naira. I currently have a balance of 1,008,000!

How is this possible? This is what keeping your money in crypto does!!!

Stop making the government feel important; their ban has no effect on trading or receiving funds!
I haven't used Binance to receive cash for crypto in the past few days...hope it's still possible...I want to kuku withraw all my remaining money into binance
Re: Cryptocurrency: All Exchange Mediums Are Subject To Fraud & Criminality- Moghalu by DarkJeddi(m): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2021
Kobicove:
This guy wants to project himself as the saviour by publicly contradicting the CBN which was his former employer undecided
Savior from what?

As a former Deputy Governor,he is eminently qualified to have a say on the matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari’s Attorney General Orders CBN Fines Paid Into Suspicious Account!! / Simon Owoade Convicted Of Raping 12-Year-Old Girl In UK. Photo / Reverse Your Nomination Of MD NDDC, Delta Ijaws Tell Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.