Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

This Snake Just Bit My Brother - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Snake Just Bit My Brother (50189 Views)

This Snake Just Bite My Sister Today. What Should We Do? It's Urgent / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / Brave Chinese Woman Walks Into A Hospital Holding Snake That Bit Her(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by santislim8(m): 10:44am On Feb 09, 2021
Get a clearer picture ASAP
Or better still a clear of the head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Nnamebuka: 10:45am On Feb 09, 2021
IceColdVeins:
My brother unknowingly marched on this reptile in our compound around 10 pm and it bit him in reprisal. Kindly help identify.
He’s in the hospital now though
I need to identify this creature
This picture must have been taken in the night. Get a clearer picture now to aid proper identification
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Benesis: 10:45am On Feb 09, 2021
Send better pictures, snap the snake with good lighting
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by MansoryMX(m): 10:47am On Feb 09, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
This looks like a black mamba

Okorowamama there is no black mamba in West Africa.

4 Likes

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by zudozz: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2021
Quickest recovery to your brother.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by mekuso89(m): 10:48am On Feb 09, 2021
Bros get your brother to eat at least 5 -10 bitter cola oooo
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by MansoryMX(m): 10:49am On Feb 09, 2021
IceColdVeins:
My brother unknowingly marched on this reptile in our compound around 10 pm and it bit him in reprisal. Kindly help identify.

The picture ain’t clear so it will be difficult to identify but if there is any good message I have for you, that ain’t a cobra. Cobra have shining scale and beautiful skin, certainly not a Gaboon viper or puff adder.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by SignalTrading: 10:49am On Feb 09, 2021
Hello good day, we all know how hard the country is these days. As a result, we have been looking for various ways of making money both online and offline. But no one that has a sure way online is ready to help. It was on a platform when I was looking for how to make money that providence made me meet someone who introduced me to one trading platform where I registered with 1k and made over Two thousand naira on the first day. The profit is huge and more than 100% and it is made every single night. The person who introduced me made over Sixty thousand in three weeks. How do we do it? There is a trading site, there is also a signal group on Telegram or WhatsApp. We receive signals from our leader on what to trade and the amount to stake, every trading session lasts for 3 minutes and trading takes place 24/7 but, we only trade for 2 hours in a day. That is 9 PM-11 PM, but we usually get online at least 30 minutes before trading begins. The signals are too sure as we always win 80% of our trade. You are guaranteed of making profit every night and you can withdraw your money Mondays to Fridays 8a.m-12a.m. Even if the money means nothing to you, it can at least settle some little bills and get you out of being always broke. If you want to be making between 1000 to 3000 Naira or more every single night. If after registration you don't make any profit from the platform on your first day, I am ready to refund your 1k. Chat with me on WhatsApp 0.8.1.0.7.8.8.7.8.4.6 to know more and start trading asap.

N.B THIS IS NOT CRYPTO
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by dapadawee: 10:50am On Feb 09, 2021
Draslo:
Hope he recovers o! Nigerian hospitals no dey get antivenom o
hmmmm
them done come again
venom they health center self
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by ShoeShineGuy: 10:51am On Feb 09, 2021
udumelue61854:
Kindly help identify. He’s in the hospital now though I need to identify this creature

I bet you are the same person as the OP..?
The picture quality is very poor. To identify a snake, one needs a clear shot of the skin's markings, especially now that the head is already crushed. But that's never a black mamba as someone suggested.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by onuman: 10:52am On Feb 09, 2021
IceColdVeins:

Snake is the most evil creature. Worst, it has little sense, as it doesn’t understand when it leaves the bush to wander into human habitation.

Kill snake wherever seen. I hate them with passion.

1 Like

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Omezif(m): 10:52am On Feb 09, 2021
Snake is a very dangerous reptile.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by wakaman: 10:52am On Feb 09, 2021
Take a better picture, also ask the locals for the name of the snake, its bite and the local antidote.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by addexx: 10:53am On Feb 09, 2021
Lala won't be happy with this
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Meje(m): 10:54am On Feb 09, 2021
That's an african spitting cobra

1 Like

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by ShoeShineGuy: 10:55am On Feb 09, 2021
dapadawee:

hmmmm
them done come again
venom they health center self

I just tire. They just wait for every incoming news to use as opportunity to slight the country as if it will change their identity from still being a Nigerian. I work in a hospital and I can boldly tell you we waste polyvalent antivenoms due to expiry on a regular basis. But here on Nairaland is one of them is, saying things as if it's a proven fact.

2 Likes

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Grandmeister(m): 10:55am On Feb 09, 2021
We have to see the underbelly and head properly to know.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 09, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

I bet you are the same person as the OP..?
The picture quality is very poor. To identify a snake, one needs a clear shot of the skin's markings, especially now that the head is already crushed. But that's never a black mamba as someone suggested.
Looks like you are new here. That thing you quoted is not human but spam bot. It's programmed to repeat people's comments. You'll probably be seeing them in every thread.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 09, 2021
IceColdVeins:

The easiest way to identify a snake is by the head and the body colour.

Since you smashed the head then recognizing it using that option is ruled out so we look at the body.

Most non venomous snakes have a solid body colour that isn't bright.

Looking at this picture, I see it has a solid (uniform) colour which isn't bright and so I would say this is likely a non venomous snake and I am sure he would be perfectly fine

4 Likes

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 09, 2021
Buhari oooo

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by NaijaCover(m): 10:57am On Feb 09, 2021
Take Heart oooooo
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by proprince(m): 10:58am On Feb 09, 2021
This is a Cobra.

Very deadly.

It killed my dog 3 months ago.

Pls they better treat your brother fast and well.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:02am On Feb 09, 2021
You smatched the head and want us to use miracle to identify it when the best way to identify a snake is with the head. Better carry the snake with you to the hospital.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by kelmicheal: 11:04am On Feb 09, 2021
Invite snake in the city crew grin grin
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Judolisco(m): 11:05am On Feb 09, 2021
I can't see d snake very well... I think it's a harmless snake or non venomous .. But if it is a cobra start looking for d local anti-venum I no trust Nigerian hospital oh especially on snakebite
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by aAK1(m): 11:06am On Feb 09, 2021
I’m just seeing this. How is he doing? First of, note that this isn’t a cobra. Unfortunately i only know the native name. Translation means you won’t see tomorrow. Has a very potent neurotoxin. Get a clear picture and cross reference with data bases on line
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by nams77: 11:06am On Feb 09, 2021
udumelue61854:
Kindly help identify. He’s in the hospital now though I need to identify this creature
Thats a cobra.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 09, 2021
proprince:
This is a Cobra.

Very deadly.

It killed my dog 3 months ago.

Pls they better treat your brother fast and well.
How did you come to that conclusion without seeing the head? Nawao, snake experts full here.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by nams77: 11:10am On Feb 09, 2021
aAK1:
I’m just seeing this. How is he doing? First of, note that this isn’t a cobra. Unfortunately i only know the native name. Translation means you won’t see tomorrow. Has a very potent neurotoxin. Get a clear picture and cross reference with data bases on line
There are few venomous snake in naija. Cobra, puff adder, gaboon viper and other viper family.

That snake their is the African spitting cobra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by timisquare82(m): 11:11am On Feb 09, 2021
How i wish this thin bites those snake activists
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 09, 2021
Op. In Nigeria, if it's a black snake and bites, it's probably a cobra.

tyup:
shocked

OP so wrong of you to had kill it while ur bro is still in the Hospital. what happened to catching the snake alive and get the mouth open into a lil bottle where you suck out the living venom outta it for some anti venom to treat ur bro. mehn you just wasted the Anaconda for vanishing

Please Google how anti venom is produced. Do you think it's a day's job?

1 Like

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by nams77: 11:12am On Feb 09, 2021
Nonexistent:
How did you come to that conclusion without seeing the head? Nawao, snake experts full here.
You can also identify a snake by its color, body texture and patterns.
Not only the head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Reaction Of Alabukun And Lime.. / Coconut Stuck Up Taiwanese Man's Bum After He Put It There During Sex Act (Pics) / First Successful Bilateral Hand Transplant Carried Out In India (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.