Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:32 PM

This Snake Just Bit My Brother - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Snake Just Bit My Brother (50146 Views)

This Snake Just Bite My Sister Today. What Should We Do? It's Urgent / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? / Brave Chinese Woman Walks Into A Hospital Holding Snake That Bit Her(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Asgospel: 12:35pm On Feb 09, 2021
This snake looks like a black mamba
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by ShoeShineGuy: 12:40pm On Feb 09, 2021
Nonexistent:
Looks like you are new here. That thing you quoted is not human but spam bot. It's programmed to repeat people's comments. You'll probably be seeing them in every thread.

Lol.. A moniker that has over 70posts is what you're with "sense" referring to as a bot? Ok na.. Be there deceiving and confusing yourself using different monikers. Antispambot my foot !! undecided

Sir, shift abeg..
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by yommys01(m): 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2021
CandyOps:
Real recognize real.

So I guess na only Lalasticlala go fit ID the snake well. E get one of my guys that year in JSS1 called Eddy. He was a strong brown skin boy who never backs away from any snake or scorpion found in the dormitory.

Eddy killed so much snakes and scorpions we nicknamed him Eddy The Scorpion Killer.

One fateful day, during our weekly Thursday 'manual labor' news made rounds that Eddy had been stung by a black scorpion and was rushed to the Sick Bay.

As if that wasn't enof later the same day around evening time, another shocking news swept over the entire blocks of dorms in school...

... and it was about Eddy.

The Scorpion Killer has been bitten by a snake this time. He survived both incidents. We had no choice but to comot the 'Scorpion Killer' from his nickname because e be like the snakes and scorpions been dey plan revenge

So I guess it's one day for the Snake Killer. Another for the snake wink
Reminds me of when I was small around 1995 in my village in Benin Republic. My cousin used to steal my money and since I sabi catch snakes and scorpions I picked one scorpion and put it inside my safe.

Na so I go watch gelede ( some sort of masquerade in yoruba land ) and needed money ran home forgetting I already put scorpion in the sack, na so I put hand oo... You know what happened next.

My grandpa ( of blessed memory ) laughed so much that I almost got angry before they pierced it and removed the venom for me - leaving ever lasting mark.

3 Likes

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by egojeny1(f): 12:48pm On Feb 09, 2021
Grandmeister:

Same local anti venom that resulted in the death of a farmer here in umuahia last year? They had to rush him to FMC when it was already late for him. There are different types of snake venoms
1. Hemotoxic venoms attack blood vessels
2. Neurotoxic which attacks the nervous system
3.cytotoxic which is a combo of both!
If you use a hemotoxic antivenin on a neurotoxic snake bite it won’t work! So unless that local antivenom concoction is specific it will fail..moreover not all snake bites are fatal or even dangerous for man. Some of those guys treat dry snake bites with their concoction and assume they have gotten the magic to snake bites.
Yes, i remember this incidence. He was attacked by a viper and was given a local antivenom which didn't work and by the time he was rushed to the hospital it was too late and he gave up. The whole body got swollen.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Sunkira: 1:00pm On Feb 09, 2021
IceColdVeins:
My brother unknowingly marched on this reptile in our compound around 10 pm and it bit him in reprisal. Kindly help identify.
He’s in the hospital now though
I need to identify this creature

I guess this is probably a black mamba. But due to its crushed head and the picture, one cant be sure. Their are many other black snakes out there.

And I really pray it's not a black mamba
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by greygoblings(m): 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2021
Really looks like a cobra. Seriously poisonous. If you hadn't bashed the head so badly, I'd surely be more accurate but definitely looks like a cobra.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by greygoblings(m): 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2021
Sunkira:

I guess this is probably a black mamba. But due to its crushed head and the picture, one cant be sure. Their are many other black snakes out there.

And I really pray it's not a black mamba

No Black Mamba in Nigeria. That's a snake endemic to Southern and Eastern Africa.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Sirnioking(m): 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2021
Don't worry that snake is not poisonous!! Its just a nocturnal stubborn snake Crotaphopeltis hotamboeia
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by GodisFirst: 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2021
That snake looks like a cobra. Can you turn the neck for the confirmatory white or yellowish sports?
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Sirnioking(m): 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2021
Nope!!!! Totally harmless
nams77:

That's an African spitting cobra.

Get this pics to the people treating him.

Wish him speedy recovery
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Kylekent59: 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2021
IceColdVeins:
My brother unknowingly marched on this reptile in our compound around 10 pm and it bit him in reprisal. Kindly help identify.
He’s in the hospital now though
I need to identify this creature
At Op, does it look like this one or the other one?

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by AngelicBeing: 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2021
Shellsploit:

Bro's, sey u be amotekun?
Hahaha grin

1 Like

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by virago(f): 2:40pm On Feb 09, 2021
AlphaAlex:
Take a better picture please so we can identify accurately the head is smashed, it could be a black mamba though

No black mambas in Nigeria
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by nams77: 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2021
Sirnioking:
Nope!!!! Totally harmless

What is totally harmless? The cobra or the snake the snake you thought it is?
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Adjovi: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
This looks like a black mamba

Lol black mamba ke! If it was his brother would be dead by now. Because it will bite him several times non stop
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Uyi168: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2021
Nigeriadondie1:

I hope when snake bites you or your loved one you would call the snake masters or identification. Idiots online who don’t know when it’s time to joke and when to be serious
Where did this fool fall our from

Didn't u see where the op specifically said he neeeded help with the identification??

1 Like

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by savageyoungboy(m): 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2021
I hate when people play on my intelligence
No snake bit your brother
You just want to know the real name
Stop manipulating people
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Adjovi: 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2021
Please o to all those shooting black mamba, please o we don't have black mambas in Nigeria o. That small is too dangerous to add to our problems in Nigeria
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Sirnioking(m): 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2021
The snake Crotaphopeltis hotamboeia. Its not a cobra
nams77:

What is totally harmless? The cobra or the snake the snake you thought it is?
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by IceColdVeins(m): 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2021
Kylekent59:

At Op, does it look like this one or the other one?
ThAts a python, init?
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by themanderon: 6:17pm On Feb 09, 2021
Nigeriadondie1:

Why are people so stupid. We are talking of a life threatening situation here and one is making dry jokes out of it. If it were you or your loved ones would you be writing this trash?

That is how shallow humanity has become. Trivializing matters of life and death cos it doesn't concern them.

2 Likes

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2021
You should've made the place brighter but it looks like a black mamba, very slick and deadly and crawls around day and night.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Virgohills(m): 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2021
Hope he survived
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Newbielearner(m): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2021
tyup:
shocked

OP so wrong of you to had kill it while ur bro is still in the Hospital. what happened to catching the snake alive and get the mouth open into a lil bottle where you suck out the living venom outta it for some anti venom to treat ur bro. mehn you just wasted the Anaconda for vanishing

Catching that alive would be difficult.
Can't imagine two brothers getting bitten the same day by the same snake.

1 Like

Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by ostarlink: 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2021
I narrowly escaped from the bite of exactly this kind of snake two days ago. I almost matched it before I looked and saw it. May it z soul rest in pieces
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Dreamliner787(m): 9:36pm On Feb 09, 2021
Na mummy jumoke be dis naw undecided
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by godofuck231: 12:04am On Feb 10, 2021
Normal cobra , better pain and bleeding
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Adjovi: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
BlakKluKluxKlan:
You should've made the place brighter but it looks like a black mamba, very slick and deadly and crawls around day and night.

So you don see live black mamba before
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2021
Adjovi:

So you don see live black mamba before

We have been neighbours since 2018.
My site is located in a bushy swamp where they are never in short supply.
That goes for puff adder, gaboon viper and other species.
At a time, they assisted me greatly in clearing the large numbers of rodents that tormented my life.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Adjovi: 3:50pm On Feb 10, 2021
BlakKluKluxKlan:

We have been neighbours since 2018.
My site is located in a bushy swamp where they are never in short supply.
That goes for puff adder, gaboon viper and other species.
At a time, they assisted me greatly in clearing the large numbers of rodents that tormented my life.

Black mamba no dey naija o except you are from South Africa
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2021
Adjovi:

Black mamba no dey naija o except you are from South Africa

Sorry, that's an ignorant statement.
Black mamba is essentially a habitant of tropical climate and abound in southern nigeria.
Re: This Snake Just Bit My Brother by Adjovi: 4:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
BlakKluKluxKlan:

Sorry, that's an ignorant statement.
Black mamba is essentially a habitant of tropical climate and abound in southern nigeria.

There's no black mamba in Nigeria oga read up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scissors Found In Nigeria Pilgrim's Belly In Saudi Arabia (photo) / Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women / What Causes This Stain In Pants? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.