Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,263 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa (31294 Views)

My Adventurous Weekend Trip To Epe / My Adventurous Trip Across The Lagos Lagoon / My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Dwizeone: 8:03pm On Feb 09, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9bow9mm6U

This is in Agbor, Delta State and trust me. It’s fun here.

2 Likes

Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by travelwaka: 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2021
I understand your views, if you watched my video and also read my post on the blog, I made a comment that it's pricey for that price.

I am not justifying their cost but one thing i have learnt is even if you put it for 500 Naira some people will still say they want it for 100 naira and since they are not really forcing anyone to do it. We should respect their decisions.

Why are you attacking me I am not the owner of the park , i don't even know the owners. Lol

onegig:

It isn't about being broke. But the cost of parks and recreation in Lagos is becoming extornists and outrageous given the income . Why should i pay outrageously for something average?

10k is averagely $25.

A 1 day water park entry into DisneWorld in Florida is $69 and the facilities in there is 50 times whatever you have up there.

I went bungee jumping in Joburg and it cost us 300 rands for two people. That's average of N3500 per person. That's a justifiable cost not this baby sand castle in the water for 5k 1 hour.

You lots would complain tourism is not booming in Nigeria. How would people visit parks that cost them a months salary for a few hours of entertainment? Aside that the entertainment isn't even that outrageously good.
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by onegig(m): 8:33pm On Feb 09, 2021
travelwaka:
I understand your views, if you watched my video and also read my post on the blog, I made a comment that it's pricey for that price.

I am not justifying their cost but one thing i have learnt is even if you put it for 500 Naira some people will still say they want it for 100 naira and since they are not really forcing anyone to do it. We should respect their decisions.

Why are you attacking me I am not the owner of the park , i don't even know the owners. Lol

Lol. Not attacking you jare, just your idea of broke shaming people about 10k been too much.

Truth is people need to speak up about these prices. Everything seems to be upside down in Lagos . Something doesn't have to be pricey for it be termed upscale or good. I understand cost of running biz is high but still yet those prices are expensive asf for the services.

Bistros world over are corner shops that are for cheap food and drinks. We visited one popular bistro in Ikoyi don't let me mention names and i was just like i give up.

I hope you enjoyed your 30mins water castle though. grin grin grin Must have been an experience. tongue

2 Likes

Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by travelwaka: 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2021
I am not broke shaming people, I will never do that, you can go back and read the post and every other posts I have made, people are just fond of attacking me for no reason cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Even on this posts Ive received several bashing. But again I do not take offense no matter what people say, I am just a traveller documenting everywhere I have ever visited for other people that are interested take action.

onegig:

Lol. Not attacking you jare, just your idea of broke shaming people about 10k been too much.

Truth is people need to speak up about these prices. Everything seems to be upside down in Lagos . Something doesn't have to be pricey for it be termed upscale or good. I understand cost of running biz is high but still yet those prices are expensive asf for the services.

Bistros world over are corner shops that are for cheap food and drinks. We visited one popular bistro in Ikoyi don't let me mention names and i was just like i give up.

I hope you enjoyed you 30mins water castle though. grin grin grin Must have been an experience. tongue

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by onegig(m): 8:49pm On Feb 09, 2021
travelwaka:
I am not broke shaming people, I will never do that, you can go back and read the post and every other posts I have made, people are just fond of attacking me for no reason cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Even on this posts Ive received several bashing. But again I do not take offense no matter what people say, I am just a traveller documenting everywhere I have ever visited for other people that are interested take action.

Ok . No issues.

I can understand
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by travelwaka: 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2021
@pocohantas long time trust you are good , please kindly check this Post and see the reason why I do not include prices ���
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Cousin9999: 9:34pm On Feb 09, 2021
The only problem with this is that it's inappropriate by itself. It needs to be added to something else, e.g., hotel, festival, or house party. I think it's a great inexpensive option for kids. What kid wouldn't love that?
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Ebubemg(m): 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2021
dayleke:

Where this one dey?
close to ijegun
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by shogsman(m): 9:57pm On Feb 09, 2021
Looks like crap sorry,too small and I don't see a lot to do here,it should have been strictly for children
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by shogsman(m): 10:02pm On Feb 09, 2021
southniyikaye:
THE COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD ARE JUST BAD.. IF YOU ARE BROKE, JUST HIDE YOUR FACE AND STOP SPOILING ANOTHER MAN HUSTLE.
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT, KEEP QUIET AND LET THOSE WHO CAN COMMENT.. IF IT DOESN'T SUIT YOUR TASTE, LET THOSE WHO ARE WOWED CONTRIBUTE..
SOMEONE SPENT ALOT TO BRING YOU INFORMATION AND ALL SOME CAN DO IS COMMENT TRASH? THIS IS BAD..
TRAVELWAKA, NEXT TIME SPECIFY YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
you just made a fool yourself really, criticizing something inferior doesn't have anything to do with affordability, most of those people complaining could be a dozen times richer than you will ever be
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Ebubemg(m): 10:03pm On Feb 09, 2021
Pious101:
abeg which side this one dey I no too dey familiar with lag... D area cool for honey moon ?
very cool for honey moon close to ijegun, u use boat to get there, they have hotels and other things there
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by ashawopikin(m): 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2021
dayleke:

Thanks.
How e be security wise??
very secure, na there oyibo people dey go o
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 09, 2021
shogsman:

I just made a fool of myself really, criticizing something inferior doesn't have anything to do with affordability, most of those people complaining could be a dozen times richer than my entire generation will ever be.
So criticizing someone's hustle is bad?
The Hennessy some buy for 15-16k is what some buy at 200k elsewhere.. So must they go to where it is sold for 200k and start criticizing them?
Pls next time, learn to apply sense while typing..
His hustle, his post, his business..

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by afam1992: 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2021
travelwaka:
As an adventurer, I am always looking out for the next adventurous spots or activities. Then I came across Laquatic, it is the biggest inflatable waterpark in Africa and it is Located in Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria.
Prior to this, I have done a lot of adventurous trips across Lagos and other parts of Nigeria I have been on 1 hour 30 minutes boat ride from Lekki to Badagry. I have done a boat cruise across the Island taking beautiful shots across the Lagos lagoon.
See Post Here https://www.nairaland.com/5551562/adventurous-trip-across-lagos-lagoon
I have done the kayak from Ikoyi to Lekki and but this is one of the most adventurous as it is right here on the Lagos atlantic.

The park was built right on the Atlantic ocean. If you are looking for something new to do in Lagos, Laquatic park is the best place to be. The park opened late 2020, making it the first inflatable water park in Africa.

It has several obstacles that makes it even more interesting and challenging.

the park is located inside Landmark Beach , only children above six years old are allowed at the park.

Facts About Laquatic Park
Laquatic park is the first Inflattabke park in Nigeria.
It is the biggest waterpark in Nigeria.
Laquatic park is the first inflatable water park in Africa.
It is located in Lagos.
When viewed from the top, the whole park forms an acronym LAG.

Kids
1 Hour – 3,000

Adults
30 Minutes 3,000
1 Hour – 5,000
Whole Day 10,000

For those wondering if this is safe, well I did a life jacket test , I jump into the water to see if truly the life jacket works. Please subscribe to watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cxdMPLJ44

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/laquatic-water-park-the-first-inflatable-water-park-in-africa/
Mr Man try visit the water park in agbor Delta State
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by djoe21(m): 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2021
Jazzafizzy:

@omu resort where's that located ?
At Bogijie in Ibeju-Lekki. It's a nice place.
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by certifiedvik(m): 11:21pm On Feb 09, 2021
dimexy247:
Picture repetition. Not impressed. Nah! undecided
Nah different phones Im use take snap am
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by naylor(f): 12:45am On Feb 10, 2021
Dwizeone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9bow9mm6U

This is in Agbor, Delta State and trust me. It’s fun here.
Thank you
I was about saying the water park in Agbor Delta State beat this one hands down.
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by dayleke: 1:17am On Feb 10, 2021
ashawopikin:
very secure, na there oyibo people dey go o

Thanks.
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by dayleke: 1:17am On Feb 10, 2021
Ebubemg:
close to ijegun

Thanks
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by dayleke: 1:23am On Feb 10, 2021
wumi2017:
Beautiful.....But God When

How about Easter?

tongue
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by HazzanTazzan(m): 2:14am On Feb 10, 2021
travelwaka:
You are required to wear a life jacket while at the park, Even if you do not know how to swim, the life jacket will be there to protect you. If you are wondering what will happen if you fall? my response will be why wait to fall when you can jump inside cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy LOL , If you fall, the life jacket will keep you afloat and also there are life guards on duty to help you out.

The moment i fell into that water while playing one of the games, My mind cut instantly and i lost my calm as i cldnt find the depth of the water with my feet like i used to do in a swimming pool.

My life flashed right before me and i almost stated struggling when i heard a voice telling me to be calm and the jacket is already keeping me afloat ...

It was scary ooo....

I got used to the ocean so quick afterwards and I eventually swimmed in the ocean from the park out of the water when we were done ...

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by travelwaka: 2:22am On Feb 10, 2021
This got me laughing. Nice one it's an experience of a lifetime

HazzanTazzan:

The moment i fell into that water while playing one of the games, My mind cut instantly and i lost my calm as i cldnt find the depth of the water with my feet like i used to do in a swimming pool.

My life flashed right before me and i almost stated struggling when i heard a voice telling me to be calm and the jacket is already keeping me afloat ...

It was scary ooo....

I got used to the ocean so quick afterwards and I eventually swimmed in the ocean from the park out of the water when we were done ...

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Gerrard59(m): 4:11am On Feb 10, 2021
DEGREE2466:
I went to this beach last Christmas. Disappointed in an understatement.

Nothing is fun here and everywhere is so dry. Things are fu*king expensive. Imagine buying one bottle of bottle water that sells for 50 naira for 500 naira. The same amount they sell the carton.

Picture evidence

You made for the environment and service delivery not just the bottled water.

@Topic: Nice pictures but I think you did not capture enough of them to entertain or entice readers.
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Gerrard59(m): 4:16am On Feb 10, 2021
onegig:

It isn't about being broke. But the cost of parks and recreation in Lagos is becoming extornists and outrageous given the income . Why should i pay outrageously for something average?

10k is averagely $25.

A 1 day water park entry into DisneWorld in Florida is $69 and the facilities in there is 50 times whatever you have up there.

I went bungee jumping in Joburg and it cost us 300 rands for two people. That's average of N3500 per person. That's a justifiable cost not this baby sand castle in the water for 5k 1 hour

You lots would complain tourism is not booming in Nigeria. How would people visit parks that cost them a months salary for a few hours of entertainment? Aside that the entertainment isn't even that outrageously good.

The cost of doing business is higher in SA than Nigeria, please remember that aspect. The operators have to provide almost everything something their counterparts in South Africa do not indulge in. I can understand that Nigerians are way poorer than South Africans but doing business in Nigeria is not cheap either. Also, you need to understand that more places like this will induce price reduction. However, there are not many of such, so the price remains high. Simple demand and supply.
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Gerrard59(m): 4:17am On Feb 10, 2021
southniyikaye:
THE COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD ARE JUST BAD.. IF YOU ARE BROKE, JUST HIDE YOUR FACE AND STOP SPOILING ANOTHER MAN HUSTLE.
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT, KEEP QUIET AND LET THOSE WHO CAN COMMENT.. IF IT DOESN'T SUIT YOUR TASTE, LET THOSE WHO ARE WOWED CONTRIBUTE..
SOMEONE SPENT ALOT TO BRING YOU INFORMATION AND ALL SOME CAN DO IS COMMENT TRASH? THIS IS BAD..
TRAVELWAKA, NEXT TIME SPECIFY YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE

The vast majority of Nigerians are very poor, Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigeria.
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by tot(f): 7:52am On Feb 10, 2021
The comments on this post shows why the average critical person can't move forward - oozing negativity constantly will ensure you remain on one spot. All they know how to do is criticize criticize criticize, meanwhile most are bereft of any ideas or contributions.
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Patrioticbreed9(m): 9:11am On Feb 10, 2021
Cool stuff... But way TOO expensive.. In absence of any new thrilling spot for naija.. Ushaka marine world durban na him i go do my fallantine.. grin
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Pious101: 9:59am On Feb 10, 2021
Ebubemg:
very cool for honey moon close to ijegun, u use board to get there, they have hotels and other things there
abeg no vex u fit describe from berger or Anthony bus stop.
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by Ebubemg(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2021
Pious101:
abeg no vex u fit describe from berger or Anthony bus stop.
enter bus to Mile 2 - enter bike/bus to Abule ado - enter bike/Keke to jetty - enter boat to the beach
Boat should me 400 and beach 200 or 300
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by wumi2017(f): 11:25am On Feb 10, 2021
dayleke:

How about Easter?

tongue

Easter is okay grin
Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by dayleke: 12:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
wumi2017:

Easter is okay grin

Okay, cool.
How we for do now?

HMU...

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa by travelwaka: 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
Hmmmmm most people just come online to make themselves feel good. Please don't take their comments personal please. No matter how great a place is someone will still try to rubbish it.

tot:
The comments on this post shows why the average critical person can't move forward - oozing negativity constantly will ensure you remain on one spot. All they know how to do is criticize criticize criticize, meanwhile most are bereft of any ideas or contributions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov Soludo Completes 16KM Ukpor - Umunuko - Nza - Ozubulu Road(photos) / Accident On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: 70 Rams & 1 Man Killed / Working In Seychelles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.