Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Kidnappers Amnesty: Should Evans Benefit? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Amnesty: Should Evans Benefit? (467 Views)

Deborah Samuel's Killers Faced Camera, Bragged And Held A Matchbox – Amnesty Int / Amnesty International Accuses EU Of Having A Secret Deal With Libya, Shares Vide / Kidnapper, Evans Arraigned In Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnappers Amnesty: Should Evans Benefit? by Techwriter: 1:02pm On Feb 09, 2021
With what is going on in the country now many kidnappers of northern extraction are being granted amnesty after their killings, extortion and other criminal activities. My question now is should Evans be considered for same treatment.

Bola Tinubu the APC chieftain once mentioned Evans the popular kidnapper from the East as reason to dismiss the linking of kidnappers to the fulani tribe. So I'm wondering why Tinubu can not speak for him this time that many are cashing out.

Interestingly no governor or prominent individual from the East has argued in this direction. Does this mean the South frowns at criminality and the North pamper it? The reverred Islamic Scholar Gumi even likened kidnappers to Niger Delta militancy of youths demanding a portion of their entitlements. Such statements make excuses for kidnappers and terrorists which always turns back to swallow them.

So back to my question guys do you think Evans the kidnapper should be pardoned? That what is good for the Greece is good for Uganda. Or you think if the south starts tolerating such banditry will be on the increase like the North.

Your opinion please

2 Likes

Re: Kidnappers Amnesty: Should Evans Benefit? by madridguy(m): 1:03pm On Feb 09, 2021
Hon. Evans should be set free and also compensated.

And tomorrow the FG will still go Zimbabwe to go borrow to fight insecurities in the country.

I swear Nigeria na real comedy.

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Amnesty: Should Evans Benefit? by tutudesz: 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2021
Techwriter:
With what is going on in the country now many kidnappers of northern extraction are being granted amnesty after their killings, extortion and other criminal activities. My question now is should Evans be considered for same treatment.

Bola Tinubu the APC chieftain once mentioned Evans the popular kidnapper from the East as reason to dismiss the linking of kidnappers to the fulani tribe. So I'm wondering why Tinubu can not speak for him this time that many are cashing out.

Interestingly no governor or prominent individual from the East has argued in this direction. Does this mean the South frowns at criminality and the North pamper it? The reverred Islamic Scholar Gumi even likened kidnappers to Niger Delta militancy of youths demanding a portion of their entitlements. Such statements make excuses for kidnappers and terrorists which always turns back to swallow them.

So back to my question guys do you think Evans the kidnapper should be pardoned? That what is good for the Greece is good for Uganda. Or you think if the south starts tolerating such banditry will be on the increase like the North.

Your opinion please
Maybe if he committed the crime in Southeast,he would have gotten one. All those enjoying Amnesty are from that particular state and region
Re: Kidnappers Amnesty: Should Evans Benefit? by Jostoman: 12:46am On Feb 10, 2021
Is it not the same amnesty that They want to give GANA before they kill him. That was the reason why I always laugh anytime i hear one Nigeria.
Re: Kidnappers Amnesty: Should Evans Benefit? by nedekid: 12:53am On Feb 10, 2021
tutudesz:

Maybe if he committed the crime in Southeast,he would have gotten one. All those enjoying Amnesty are from that particular state and region
Scatching head to figure out what you wrote

1 Like

Re: Kidnappers Amnesty: Should Evans Benefit? by Mayng01(m): 7:51am On Feb 10, 2021
Hmmm! Let’s see what the man below me has got to say
Re: Kidnappers Amnesty: Should Evans Benefit? by tutudesz: 8:13am On Feb 10, 2021
nedekid:

Scatching head to figure out what you wrote
Bandits were given Amnesty by their own governor's in their various state (North), Wike gave Amnesty to cultists in Rivers state.
Most governor hardly forgive criminals from outside their state, check the yearly pardon program in each state.
Re: Kidnappers Amnesty: Should Evans Benefit? by Techwriter: 1:30am On Feb 20, 2021
tutudesz:

Bandits were given Amnesty by their own governor's in their various state (North), Wike gave Amnesty to cultists in Rivers state.
Most governor hardly forgive criminals from outside their state, check the yearly pardon program in each state.
I think the north is always tolerating criminality especially if dressed with religion. If Wike did that, its an isolated case in the south. Never compare with Buharis support for killer Fulani and their impunity, Gunmi justifying banditry and comparing it to Biafra demand and militancy in Niger Delta

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Church Doing About Terrorism In Nigeria? / Gunmen Kill Fuel Marketer In Ondo, Cart Away N2m / Igbos Are My People And Wherever They Are, I Stand - Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.