Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963265 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2015
You are feeding your chicks Igbo?By the time they start breaking bottles and threatening you with knife don't come and start complaining here. grin
rilwan09:
I mixed marijuana in my chicken 's starter feed. . it ease digestion. try it by sampling ..

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by rilwan09: 8:11pm On Aug 26, 2015
tabontabon:
You are feeding your chicks Igbo?By the time they start breaking bottles and threatening you with knife don't come and start complaining here. grin
I am dead serious ... sample and give me result
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 9:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
I have battery cages for sale. Bought them 2 months ago but there is urgent need for relocation of birds. Contact me if you are interestd.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abbeyforex(m): 1:15am On Aug 27, 2015
Trueigbo:
I have battery cages for sale. Bought them 2 months ago but there is urgent need for relocation of birds. Contact me if you are interestd.

What is the specification and how can I have them in Ibadan?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farydah: 6:34am On Aug 27, 2015
Pls what do I give my 7week old broilers that have crusty, black sores on their heads and around the eyes?? Help plssss
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Trueigbo: 7:00am On Aug 27, 2015
abbeyforex:

What is the specification and how can I have them in Ibadan?

96birds/cage. ibadan far naa
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nike4love: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2015
Annabechick:
Hello my chicks are 3 days old
may God bless your hustle, may ur birds give you 98percent of eggs everyday.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nike4love: 9:33am On Aug 27, 2015
Annabechick:
Hello my chicks are 3 days old
may God bless your hustle, may ur birds give you 98percent of eggs everyday.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by agslow(m): 10:36am On Aug 27, 2015
Hello house! grin
I want to appreciate everybody in this great forum, I ve really learnt a lot about poultry biz from u guys in the past few weeks. Reading through 159 pages, I must say u guys are wonderful. I also intend to start very soon as I am still looking for funds to start up. Hindsight never knew that what she created 4 years ago would come this far, God will bless her and every other person who have kept this thread going.... Guys like Baskin4me, Obnelly, Fnk, Farmtech, Jamp etc...... You guys have changed so many lifes without knowing. I pray for more blessings upon your lifes, farms, families etc....

5 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farydah: 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
farydah:
Pls what do I give my 7week old broilers that have crusty, black sores on their heads and around the eyes?? Help plssss

Can I plsss get a response
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Tmex(m): 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
farydah:

give them enrofloxacin based antibiotics .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by rileyy(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2015
How many are they? Wld suggest u take one to a vet lab for diag. Animal care or somewhere, but may b kepromec n some vitamins might help. If u failed to vaccinate em @2weeks old mght be a viral infection and best is to give em nw.
farydah:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by unclec2015: 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2015
To learn more about Hatchery and Poultry feed. I will be going for the PTC PLUS training in Holland.

The incubation and parent stock management will start from 4th Jan 2016 to 29 Jan 2016.
The fee is Euro 3,650.

The Feedstuff and Feed formulation will be from 1st Feb 2016 to 12 Feb 2016.
The fee is Euro 1,950.

Guys have anyone attended this course?

If yes please let me know your experience.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by grownaira: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2015
unclec2015:
To learn more about Hatchery and Poultry feed. I will be going for the PTC PLUS training in Holland.

The incubation and parent stock management will start from 4th Jan 2016 to 29 Jan 2016.
The fee is Euro 3,650.

The fee is Euro 1,950.

Hatchery and Poultry feed operations is something you can easily learn in some big integrated farms hia in 9ja, such as obasanjo farms and amo byng.

To me, I won't travel abroad and spend such amount of money just to master hatchery management and feed milling.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farmgate: 12:10am On Aug 28, 2015
That's much incubation,parent stock and feed formulation is a thing you could learn here with lesser fees and channel the rest fund into something good. I learnt parent stock,feeding,incubation everything on my self research over the internet, book reading,research and word of mouth. Anyway if you have the cash you can see how it is done abroad good luck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farydah: 5:32am On Aug 28, 2015
rileyy:
How many are they? Wld suggest u take one to a vet lab for diag. Animal care or somewhere, but may b kepromec n some vitamins might help. If u failed to vaccinate em @2weeks old mght be a viral infection and best is to give em nw.
I vaccinated dem at 2wks. Will ask d vet abt d drug u mentioned. Tanx alot
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farydah: 5:33am On Aug 28, 2015
Tmex:
give them enrofloxacin based antibiotics .
Ok. Tanx a lot. Appreciate ur response
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by walex084(m): 7:38am On Aug 28, 2015
Goodmrng great people.pls is there anyone who has a defeathering machine in his or her farm should let me know. I need to understudy it to enhance my research work preferably in Ikorodu and Lagos environs so I can visit. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nnaemeka1990: 7:56am On Aug 28, 2015
I always notice brown liquid droppings in my broiler farm.
What's the reason for such watery sh*t?
They are physically agile, but dat watery sh*t is giving me concern.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by joyweaweh: 10:38am On Aug 28, 2015
Pls how do one manage waste from batterie cage,the best wat to avoid odour?urgent response
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by macdot(m): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2015
nnaemeka1990:
I always notice brown liquid droppings in my broiler farm.

What's the reason for such watery sh*t?

They are physically agile, but dat watery sh*t is giving me concern.

That's a sign of coccidiosis
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Gozychuks(m): 12:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
I want to train 100 broiler chicks agianst xmas. I want them to be big so that I can sell to companies that will buy for their staff. How much should I budget. When is the best time to start. What feeding plan should I adopt. What's the best thing to do so as not run at loss. This is not my first time. Last year I ran at a loss. I don't want that to repeat itself this year. And I want them to be big so even if I don't get companies to buy, market women will appreciate my birds. I need ur advise and suggestions. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
Good afternoon fellow farmers.

Please I need information about the brands and prices of feeds readily available in the Niger Delta region. I'm looking to do a comparable analysis with prices obtainable here in the South West. If your farm is located in any of the six states that make up the ND, please help me with information biko...smiley
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nnaemeka1990: 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
macdot:

That's a sign of coccidiosis

Tnx bro, could you recommend any good drug for me?

N/b: they are physically agile, no sign of physical weakness @ all., but the sh*t is watery
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fumbaby: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2015
Trueigbo:

Price please am in kwara state
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by macdot(m): 8:29am On Aug 29, 2015
nnaemeka1990:

Tnx bro, could you recommend any good drug for me?

N/b: they are physically agile, no sign of physical weakness @ all., but the sh*t is watery
You can use embazine forte. It's been very effective in my farm.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nnaemeka1990: 9:24am On Aug 29, 2015
macdot:
You can use embazine forte. It's been very effective in my farm.

Tnx bro
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by joyweaweh: 10:08am On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=Trueigbo post=37368316]I have battery cages for sale. Bought them 2 months ago but there is urgent need for relocation of birds. Contact me if you are interestd.

Your contact pls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 29, 2015
farydah:

No need to panic, man just apply palm oil mixed with little grounded potash on the affected areas> these are pox lesions my friend. for those of you who still remember <Agrotconsult, I am back! again>

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 29, 2015
Gozychuks:
I want to train 100 broiler chicks agianst xmas. I want them to be big so that I can sell to companies that will buy for their staff. How much should I budget. When is the best time to start. What feeding plan should I adopt. What's the best thing to do so as not run at loss. This is not my first time. Last year I ran at a loss. I don't want that to repeat itself this year. And I want them to be big so even if I don't get companies to buy, market women will appreciate my birds. I need ur advise and suggestions. Thanks
get quality birds with better growth performance from a reputable hatchery> adopt a customise feeding formulations with the inclusion of branded feed concertrate 40% cuz if u go by commercial bagged feeds your money will burn.> rearing up to 9wks n starting selling immediately cuz d longer u delay sales, d more expenses u accrue over time.> do u copy?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 29, 2015
unclec2015:

The fee is Euro 3,650.

The fee is Euro 1,950.

go to www.agricnetwork.com for infos on feedstuff and feeding formulations! why do some people want to burn their money abroad on stuff like this, i see no need for this 2nd course>
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 29, 2015
joyweaweh:
Pls how do one manage waste from batterie cage,the best wat to avoid odour?urgent response
well, it all depends, u can coat the floor underneath the battery cage with sawdust or wood shavings and pack into empty sacks> and just get rid of it either by digging a sucker pit for dumping & burning, or if you have a vast farmland far away from the residence you can sun-dry them till they dnt smell bad and shovel into large empty sack to be sold to farms that rear cattles only, bcuz it serves as a cost-saving alternative to dietary requirement of cattle rations. note: a bag=N500

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.