Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963278 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by NICOLAZ: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
just antibiotics and vitamins
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davies427: 3:57am On Mar 28, 2016
eaglevirus:
@Davies427 & Agrotconsult.;
i still need perimeter fencing to unleash rotweilers for security.

if u need to expand ur farm later then u might as well go for chain links cos u can reposition them compared to block fencing. its cheaper on d long run.
a roll of 8ft chain link is 24k here in Akwa Ibom. is it cheaper anywhere else.
It more expensive than that oo. Dont knw hw much 8ft cost. The last quote i was given for a chin link to cover 1 acre is a million plus or more sef. Soo i just jeje carry my money go do block to fence. Decided for expansion, brother i will just make gate to link the other land ni oo.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 6:20am On Mar 29, 2016
Eggcelent:
Nacre1. What type of birds? How old are they? For how long have you given them the Embazin Forte? Have you ever given any other brand of anti-cocci? Is the litter (always) wet?
Broilers. 7weeks then. We started giving them embazin_forte from 3days old and we have been giving them that. Have given them Pantacox but they stop passing out bloody litter for about 3days, then they will pass out greenish litter, before you know it day will start passing out bloody litter again. I have experienced this type of sickness that doesn't go away. They are about 10weeks old now Tanx abunch
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mbuotidemjames: 7:11am On Mar 29, 2016
Hello farmers...I want to ask this question that has been troubling me for many days now:
(1) Why is a breeding/brooding room of day old chicks to 2weeks heated?
Becos I have 198 birds of about 1 week now I hardly heat up their room and even when I heat it..becos the room is large,its not hot but just so warm..........
(2) does heating after their growing possitively,negatively or it just to keep them from dying of cold. Explain it for me..thankyou
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Twinmama(f): 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2016
Any poultry in Ibadan that can supply egg in high quantity should contact me. My shop is around ring road.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nacre1. There are about 7 distinct protozoans causing coccidiosis in poultry. Embazin forte & Pantacox takes care of about 3 of these protozoans. Hence, the recurring cases of cocci you record. You need to give anti-cocci every 2 weeks & ensure you alternate the medication. More importantly, keep your litter dry.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
mbuotidemjames:
Hello farmers...I want to ask this question that has been troubling me for many days now:
Becos I have 198 birds of about 1 week now I hardly heat up their room and even when I heat it..becos the room is large,its not hot but just so warm..........
(2) does heating after their growing possitively,negatively or it just to keep them from dying of cold. Explain it for me..thankyou
Cold will kill them. Low temperature will make them grow slowly and will make them catch disease easily. Don't joke with the correct temperature. See http://www.farmersjoint.com/blog/livestock-farming/poultry/raising-chicks-things-you-must-do-during-the-first-week/ for more info on how to avoid chick deaths.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yemmit90: 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
mbuotidemjames:

Are your birds Layers or Broilers?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mbuotidemjames: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2016
yemmit90:

Are your birds Layers or Broilers?
They are broilers
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mbuotidemjames: 8:59am On Mar 30, 2016
FarmTech:

Cold will kill them. Low temperature will make them grow slowly and will make them catch disease easily. Don't joke with the correct temperature. See http://www.farmersjoint.com/blog/livestock-farming/poultry/raising-chicks-things-you-must-do-during-the-first-week/ for more info on how to avoid chick deaths.

Thank you sire!!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 5:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
Eggcelent:
Nacre1. There are about 7 distinct protozoans causing coccidiosis in poultry. Embazin forte & Pantacox takes care of about 3 of these protozoans. Hence, the recurring cases of cocci you record. You need to give anti-cocci every 2 weeks & ensure you alternate the medication. More importantly, keep your litter dry.

Tanx sir. Please another issue I have with my birds is the sneezing or wheezing sounds they make. They appear healthy, but you might just come to the farm and meet one death. When you opened the mouth, you see food stucked in the mouth with thick mucus. I think the mucus causes inability to eat and breath. I have given them enrofloxacin even tylodox. I am tired. What would you recommend I do? Tanx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yemmit90: 5:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
mbuotidemjames:

They are broilers

4 days during the hot weather and 6-10 days during the cold weather is the basic requirement in the brooding process. Dont give them heat after this period as this is time they will need fresh air for a rapid growth.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 5:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nacre1. If you gave Tylodox in the right dosage & the sneezing persisted, I can conclude the issue with the birds goes beyond CRD. What other symptoms are you noticing? When was the last time you administered Lasota?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pcoolioz(m): 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
FarmTech
Eggcelent

pls help, I have some layers and cockerels including 6turkey poults which I kept together for like 3weeks. gave them all the same medications and seperated them leaving the poults with the cockerels.
they were doing fine till this week. this week would make them 54days. and the cockerels just started dying. I lost 5today. one in the morning and the others not too long. so I dunno whatsup... or what could be the cause. could the turkeys be responsible? that's the only idea I have honestly. if not what else do you think I should do. the turkeys are the same age as the cockerels but obviously bigger. so I am kind of lost. I am gonna sperate them tomorrow once the place is cleaned up but incase I am missing something?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 8:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
pcoolioz:
FarmTech
Eggcelent

pls help, I have some layers and cockerels including 6turkey poults which I kept together for like 3weeks. gave them all the same medications and seperated them leaving the poults with the cockerels.
they were doing fine till this week. this week would make them 54days. and the cockerels just started dying. I lost 5today. one in the morning and the others not too long. so I dunno whatsup... or what could be the cause. could the turkeys be responsible? that's the only idea I have honestly. if not what else do you think I should do. the turkeys are the same age as the cockerels but obviously bigger. so I am kind of lost. I am gonna sperate them tomorrow once the place is cleaned up but incase I am missing something?
I think the mixture is the causal. Turkey harbour disease.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
pcoolioz. As observed by Oga Alakara above, brooding/rearing them together could be responsible. Turkeys are carriers of NCD which can be fatal to chicken (cockerels inclusive). However, to be 100% sure, you make consider sending some of the mortalities for lab test. In the meantime, separating the turkeys & cockerels will be a great move. Success.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dam4wummy(m): 9:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
Please i stay at sagam, and i need pullets(DOC). Any idea where i can get?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FarmTech(m): 12:11am On Mar 31, 2016
Eggcelent:
pcoolioz. As observed by Oga Alakara above, brooding/rearing them together could be responsible. Turkeys are carriers of NCD which can be fatal to chicken (cockerels inclusive). However, to be 100% sure, you make consider sending some of the mortalities for lab test. In the meantime, separating the turkeys & cockerels will be a great move. Success.
Agreed with this. But the poster didn't tell us symptoms so we can give further info.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Monsur24(m): 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello house. I have 4wks old broilers (100 in number) to sell in Ibadan. anyone interested should contact me, through 08026624820
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nacre1: 6:47am On Apr 01, 2016
Eggcelent:
Nacre1. If you gave Tylodox in the right dosage & the sneezing persisted, I can conclude the issue with the birds goes beyond CRD. What other symptoms are you noticing? When was the last time you administered Lasota?

I have never given them Lasota vaccine. I was scared cos of the heat so that there won't be a vaccine failure. I gave them the enrofloxacin and tylodox in the right dosage. They don't eat feed that much except drinking of water. Their litter is confusing. They pass out greenish litter, atimes normal litter. Just got to the farm yesterday and saw one of the big broilers dead. Thanks for your time. God bless you sir
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pcoolioz(m): 10:45am On Apr 01, 2016
FarmTech:

Agreed with this. But the poster didn't tell us symptoms so we can give further info.

sorry about that - weakness, not as active more like sluggish, easy to catch, not eating as much. that's basically it
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davinci7: 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nacre1:

I have never given them Lasota vaccine. I was scared cos of the heat so that there won't be a vaccine failure. I gave them the enrofloxacin and tylodox in the right dosage. They don't eat feed that much except drinking of water. Their litter is confusing. They pass out greenish litter, atimes normal litter. Just got to the farm yesterday and saw one of the big broilers dead. Thanks for your time. God bless you sir

Nacre1, you really need to revisit your vaccination schedule. If you are scared of vaccine failure in the hot weather then vaccinate them in the late hours of the evening so that they will strive through the vaccine stress in the cooler night and early morning hours before the warm air starts rising. while vaccinating put the capacity of your farm into consideration (the capacity of your farm will determine the time you start and time you finish the vaccination to allow them ample time to rest and sleep well before morning so as not to disrupt their laying cycle- thats if they are layers)
Vaccine/ Vaccination is a prerequisite in poultry farming.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hello house pls I need where to take my turkey eggs too for hatching any body with idea of where I can take them too
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dadson2009(m): 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
abidecz:
Hello house pls I need where to take my turkey eggs too for hatching any body with idea of where I can take them too
hw many?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
15 for now but my 2 turkeys are still laying just want know where to take there eggs too when they are done laying thanks bro
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dam4wummy(m): 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
Please house, want to start broiler farming, and would like to start with 2cartons DOC, which farms bird is best suggested, staying @sagamu
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fumbaby: 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
dam4wummy:
Please house, want to start broiler farming, and would like to start with 2cartons DOC, which farms bird is best suggested, staying @sagamu

Contact Mr layi 08039319237 is in ibadan

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 8:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Still waiting for respond from ogas in the house to link me to where to get my turkey eggs hatch am at sango
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eggcelent(m): 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Nacre1. Please, act on what Davinci7 suggested above. Very important. Success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by abidecz: 5:24am On Apr 04, 2016
Hi house anybody know where I can take my turkey eggs to for hatching am at sango
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yemmit90: 6:05am On Apr 04, 2016
Nacre1:

Sorry for the problem you're passing through, there is this combination i use to treat any kind of bacterials/viruses(any sickness i mean) in birds,it works like a magic. But it is a pity i cant share it here, it is my secrete.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.