Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963164 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Sombili(f): 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
olawale4725:
rummies!!! pls help out, my birds just started laying but there are some small eggs between them please what price should i sell each crates since dey re still small abd som re very small

Hello, the small eggs you have are called peewee eggs, that's the size you will get at first when your layers start laying eggs then after some weeks, they will start laying small, medium,large etc. I am like you too an d looking for peewee market and my Oga told me I can sell them for 500 a crate
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dam4wummy(m): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
Olushurlly:
Hi house, please what's the current price of broiler starter and finisher 25kg each (top feed)?

here in Shagamu, starter is now #3070 while finisher #2960, better still go to their retail shops around u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dam4wummy(m): 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
TrustZee:
pls farmers, I need a reply
have a budget of 700-800 per bird

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Sombili(f): 3:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hello everyone, trust we are doing well. I have followed most of the post here since 2011 and I say thank you to everyone who has contributed one way or the other. Please I need a market for peewee eggs, kindly help me. My number is 07051956717. Many thanks for your help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TrustZee(m): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
dam4wummy:
have a budget of 700-800 per bird
thanks very much
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tabontabon: 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2016
I Agree With U On That.In Addition,so Many Of The Big Farms With Large Outputs Sell At Give Away Price.
TheShade:

It is because the farmer allowed it by succumbing to the antics of middlemen. Please go and check egg retail price in market and find out if there is any fall in price, it rather went up. The question then is; who is benefiting from the reduction in the price at the farm? Middlemen of course.

As a farmer you need to be strong financially and don't bite more than what you can chew, i.e. Don't expand beyond resources as that will lead to financial pressure. A situation whereby a farmer must sell the egg production for the day to be able to raise money for the feeds of tomorrow will lead to such farmer taking whatever price offered by the middlemen

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jstemmanex(m): 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
Greetings everyone,

Pls can anyone help with an estimated cost of feeding 200 pollet frm day old to point of lay, including vaccinations, vitamins nd other necessary medications.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cuteamigo1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 26, 2016
goodday to you all who read. pls I want to just simply know if thier is anything wrong with switching from injectable vaccines to Lasota. I use the injectable once every ten weeks but I notice my birds laying drops from 14 to 15 crates a day drops to 8 -9 and maintains like that for about a month or month and a half after the vaccine is given to them and also it is very expensive that's why I want to stop using it. my vet doctor however said I should not do so because it will affect, I don't trust him totally that's why am here to get a second opinion so please respond urgently if you have the info I need because they are almost due for another vaccination. thank you. please quote me if you have experience on this kind of issue.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olawale4725(m): 9:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
Sombili:

Hello, the small eggs you have are called peewee eggs, that's the size you will get at first when your layers start laying eggs then after some weeks, they will start laying small, medium,large etc. I am like you too an d looking for peewee market and my Oga told me I can sell them for 500 a crate
tnx alot buddy
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olawale4725(m): 9:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
Sombili:

fnx alot
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tonapuck: 7:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
my birds started laying at 19th week and are doing 50% at 21st week.. The question now is How often should I use anti stress.
Please I need a help about this.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ayodapoemmanuel: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
mbuotidemjames:

What I'm saying is Dat I gave Dem gumboro first.... My mistake becos no one replied here n a friend told me I should give gumboro before lasota. The main issue here is that my chicks are still sleeping while standing and they are not eating well...thereby affecting their growth. Below are their pictures..
They will just put their heads down like that as if they want to eat and before you know, their eyes are closed. They are too dull.... Please what might be the cause. This is not huddling.....sir, help

giving gumboro first is not your error but it could be error of administration, normally gumboro should be given btw 9-12 days after B1 vaccine which is optional(i don't use it) follow by lasota @ 14-16 days, follow by 2nd gumboro and lasota at a week interval to boost the 1st given. (Note: vaccination stress bird! So try to allow your bird to rest for atleast a week before given another vaccine)
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davies427: 3:14am On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=Cuteamigo1 post=48822777]goodday to you all who read. pls I want to just simply know if thier is
anything wrong with switching from injectable vaccines to Lasota. I
use the injectable once every ten weeks but I notice my birds laying
drops from 14 to 15 crates a day drops to 8 -9 and maintains like
that for about a month or month and a half after the vaccine is given
to them and also it is very expensive that's why I want to stop using
it. my vet doctor however said I should not do so because it will
affect, I don't trust him totally that's why am here to get a second
opinion so please respond urgently if you have the info I need
because they are almost due for another vaccination. thank you.
please quote me if you have experience on this kind of issue.
Chairman we learn everyday. From my iwn lil knowledge u dont inject laying birds.i knw lasota can be given orally, and thru the eyes. If am nt wrong. Soo plss again. U do not vaccinate laying birds

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cuteamigo1(m): 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=davies427 post=48913907][/quote] thanks for your feed back. I will consider what you said.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omolomolarinero: 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2016
Are you interested in venturing into agro-entrepreneurship? Songhai Center is the place to be. Learn the development of integrated programs, resilient and multi-sector, that creates an interrelationship between agriculture, industry and services.

Join a group of inspiring farmers traveling to Songhai to experience first-hand integrated farming at its best on 23rd, 24th and 25th September, 2016 for a weekend of learning integrated farming, networking, relaxation & fun.

Dress code: Cowboy/Cowgirl casuals

Call 0701586695 or 08069726086 for enquiries and bookings

Tour packaged by @geomeridien and proudly supported #AfrcanLeadershipForum #AgribusinessForum

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olawale4725(m): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2016
ADVICE PLSSSSSSSSSSS. is it advisable to channel my backyard layers poo into my septic tank
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by timo70: 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
cost of poultry feed how much does starter, grower, finisher and layer cost in your area
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Iseoluwani: 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ayodapoemmanuel:

giving gumboro first is not your error but it could be error of administration, normally gumboro should be given btw 9-12 days after B1 vaccine which is optional(i don't use it) follow by lasota @ 14-16 days, follow by 2nd gumboro and lasota at a week interval to boost the 1st given. (Note: vaccination stress bird! So try to allow your bird to rest for atleast a week before given another vaccine)

Can you please list the drugs to give layers from DOC-POL
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dbull1(m): 8:13am On Sep 03, 2016
Good morning great people. Please I need advice on something strange I noticed with my birds (broilers). Their stomachs are greenish inside and their knee joints are also greenish inside. I gave them calcium some days back (dunno if that's what's affecting them). Am now giving them multivitamins+antibiotics(tetracine)+anticocci(sulfamix). They were 5wks yesterday and have completed their vaccines. But one still died yesterday and 3 are not as active as they should today. Please advice me on what to do

1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Iseoluwani: 8:40am On Sep 03, 2016
officialfestus:
1st day,(marex diseases vaccine),method of vaccination(in drinking water)........
1-14days,(newcastle disease i.e1st dose) 14days.....(gumboro vaccine i.e 1st dose) 3-4 weeks (fowl pox vaccine) 4/5thweek(gumboro i.e 2nd dose),,,,6th week (newcastle disease vaccine komorov or lasota)

Can you do the same for LAYERS PLS
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by officialfestus(m): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

yes
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by officialfestus(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Iseoluwani: 12:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
officialfestus:
yes

Plz do. I want to know what when to give them drugs
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by isaacosa(m): 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
Hello friends does anyone do Turkey breeding or farming in other states aside Ogun, Oyo and Lagos? If u do please contact me on 07063283757 for business relationship
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by officialfestus(m): 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Plz do. I want to know what when to give them drugs
are they day old?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Iseoluwani: 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
officialfestus:
are they day old?

Yes
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obirocz: 2:57am On Sep 04, 2016
Hello house;

pls those anyone know a chicken processing plant company in d south east..Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by officialfestus(m): 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
Iseoluwani:

Yes
here are the vaccinations (1st day-marex disease vaccine),(1-14days newcastle dieases vaccine )(14days-gumboro vaccine 1st dose)(3-4days fowlpox vaccine) then also inform me when they are 5thweeks old....

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 6:12pm On Sep 05, 2016
8,500 of 14 weeks brown pullets for sale by 2nd week of November. Location is Ibadan. Call 08074409457 for bookings and negotiations. Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2016
I have fairly used imported galvanized poultry cages for sale. 30 units containing 96 birds per unit Just served 2 cycle. Location is Off Mowe- Ofada Road Ogun state. Contact 08074409457
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
jayned:
Hi House. I have 520 layers which are 50weeks old. I currently feed them 2.5 bags daily and i get an average of 14crates daily. The issue is with the current rise in the cost of feeds and reduction in the price of eggs, i am considering reducing their feeds to 2 bags daily.

I would need your kind advise on how it can affect production in the short and long run. Cos by feeding them half bag less i get to save 8,900 weekly which would go a long way in increasing the profit margin.

Thank you.
Do you rear your birds on deep litter or cage?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ajilos(f): 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pls house what's d current price of broiler starter & finisher top feed especially in Ibadan? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.