Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963150 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by drexx(m): 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
Good afternoon every one, special appreciation to everyone who has contributed in one way or the other to offer information and help to peeps on the thread. I started a poultry farm, got my day old last week friday, so far I have lost five, post mortem showed excess smoke in the lungs and I took the correction as it is a learning process. my issue right now is that my birds are dropping brown watery faeces. I have contacyed my vet and he gave me a drug to put in water for them. i started the medication yesterday, though the prevalence has reduced, it is not eliminated as I keep seeing few patches of liquid brownish faeces. How long would it take to eliminate the issue.

Also I want to delve into cockerel brooding.......is it a good venture.....Can I rasie them with broilers. any additional info on cockerel brooding will be highly appreciated
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
Sample of your cage. Post pic lets see.
alakara:

120 capacity is ok. You can get 3 tier . Yes you can get the Fabricated one.
Contact me using my signature.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tonapuck: 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
Blizzle:

Well done bro. You have done really well. 90% production in deep liter, that is amazing.

I reside in ado too and would like to interact with you.

Alright, I'm in falegan street.. Abekoko precisely.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:
Sample of your cage. Post pic lets see.

a sample

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pwettytemmy(f): 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2016
BasedOnB:
Hello Everyone. I have a locally fabricated layers' battery cage for sale. The capacity is 120 birds (two tiers). The cages were used for just two cycles and are in a very good condition. The set up is automatic as i will be selling with nipples and pipes. Location is Ilorin. Please quote if you are interested.

hello basedonb. Do you still have the battery cages. I'm also based in ilorin
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Blizzle(m): 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2016
tonapuck:

Alright, I'm in falegan street.. Abekoko precisely.

My mobile: 08160214466 we can chat on whatsapp

Thanks bro. I'll contact you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Felshow: 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2016
Thanks papilo90, but the damage has already been done. I gave a lady #60,000 to help me get 5 crates of Zartech broiler chicks on the 2nd of October with an additional #4500 for transport fare. She promised to deliver to me latest on the 6th of october but she never did. She kept extending the delivery date so I told her to refund my money. Yesterday the 13th of October she finally brought 80 chicks and has not refunded my balance yet. She said they don't do refunds.
papilo90:

Hello, sorry u dint get answers to your questions, I've been off a while,
Well zartech broilers chicks cost about #200, but u know pprices are unstable, I'm getting their chicks this morning, so u can get to me by evening so I can give u the current price and as well give u their contact.
As for feed I'm not sure of the answer, but one thing I can say is that top feed is one of the best and most trusted feed in the country now,
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eddyline(m): 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
good day house. pls I need your advice. my broilers are 3weeks old today. they are due for their 2nd dose of gumboro but I noticed that they are coughing. I've since changed their litter. do I proceed to give them the vaccine or should I wait until the cough is treated?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Felshow: 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
eddyline:
good day house. pls I need your advice. my broilers are 3weeks old today. they are due for their 2nd dose of gumboro but I noticed that they are coughing. I've since changed their litter. do I proceed to give them the vaccine or should I wait until the cough is treated?

Please treat the birds with tylodox first before giving them vaccine. Don't give vaccine to sick birds.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eddyline(m): 11:11pm On Oct 14, 2016
Felshow:

Please treat the birds with tylodox first before giving them vaccine. Don't give vaccine to sick birds.
thanks bro
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olawale4725(m): 9:20am On Oct 15, 2016
Edakun! My layers are just 35wks old their production droped gradually to 69% from 82%, wah exactly is wrong wif them coz am very scared , i got them as point of lay (1000 birds) nd now remains 970, av spent a total of #1,008000( one million eighy thousands naira) nd av realized 761,500 (seven hundred and sixty one thousands five hundred naira). Abeg is dis normal
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by koolice009: 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hello house, my birds (2200) started laying last week Saturday at week 19 day 6 and d highest number of eggs I have gotten per day is 9. Is this normal? What can I do to improve their productivity? Should I give them light at night? Some1 suld pls advice
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 7:08pm On Oct 15, 2016
koolice009:
Hello house, my birds (2200) started laying last week Saturday at week 19 day 6 and d highest number of eggs I have gotten per day is 9. Is this normal? What can I do to improve their productivity? Should I give them light at night? Some1 suld pls advice
keep feedin them wit proper vaccination n multvatimine ,they ll giv u more
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 7:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
olawale4725:
Edakun! My layers are just 35wks old their production droped gradually to 69% from 82%, wah exactly is wrong wif them coz am very scared , i got them as point of lay (1000 birds) nd now remains 970, av spent a total of #1,008000( one million eighy thousands naira) nd av realized 761,500 (seven hundred and sixty one thousands five hundred naira). Abeg is dis normal
You are not alone, Finished feed/Toll milling? I susoect feed. Feed is a culprit.However,check for water,vaccination, liceand lighting . All the best.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by koolice009: 6:33am On Oct 16, 2016
baggiosne:
keep feedin them wit proper vaccination n multvatimine ,they ll giv u more

Thanks bro, I gave them multivitamin for five days last week. My vet just told me to deworm them now, so I will do that for today and tomorrow.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jemjem(f): 7:22am On Oct 16, 2016
Pls I need.urgent.help, my 5wk old pullets are dieing. They look weak and folding like they are cold. Watering brown stool for some and reddish stools for the other. I just picked 12 dead ones this morning. Vaccines upto date
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 8:18am On Oct 16, 2016
Well bred Point of lay birds for sale. Ready by 3rd week of January 2017. Contact 08074409457.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by UniqueFarmer: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2016
We provide practical daily tips on how to successfully start and operate a successful Poultry farming venture. The content provided covers all the salient areas in agriculture, including creating the business plan, doing market research, constructing the farm and purchasing the stock. It also covers growing/rearing the stock, weather forecast, market prices, agronomy tips and advice for dealing with pests and diseases on topical issues affecting farmers and middle men operating in the agricultural sector.

Users can subscribe to their preferred Agric content service on the Etisalat network by sending the specific keyword to the designated short-code. Subscriber texts any of ‘Poultry’, ‘Fish’, ‘Crop’ 'Pig', or ‘SNA’ to 33327. 1st 7 days subscription is FREE...

Content are provided on daily basis and the user will be charged N50/weekly for each successful subscription. Specific topics will be treated under each content on daily basis to ensure users are well abreast on all areas involved in the category subscribed.

3. Reason To Believe:
• Convenience of receiving practical tips to help you run a successful agric business on your phone
• Content are authentic and collated from experience farmers who are successful in running their agric business
• Opportunities for internship in successful farms are offered to 20 lucky subscribers
• 7 days free trial at no cost to the subscriber, after which the subscriber can renew or deactivate if not interested

4. Heart of the Story
• Food security is currently a major challenge in Nigeria. As the population increases, the demand for food to feed the population increases.
• Agriculture guarantees a steady income and ready market for people who can learn what it takes to succeed as a farmer
• Agriculture has a lot of inherent risks for a novice. Understanding these risks and how to mitigate them is the difference between failure and success in agriculture.
• The essence of these agric content services is to equip the novice or existing farmer with the right tools (skills, information and attitude) that is required to succeed in different agricultural ventures.
• Success is guaranteed if the information provided in these content services are correctly applied.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olawale4725(m): 6:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
twoMcfemad:
You are not alone, Finished feed/Toll milling? I susoect feed. Feed is a culprit.However,check for water,vaccination, liceand lighting . All the best.

Fnx bro, am using finished feed (hybrid) their vaccination is up to date, der are even drinking normal nd even healthy cos dey re nt showing any sign of ill health at all, buh dier prod is reducing
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 7:45pm On Oct 16, 2016
olawale4725:

Fnx bro, am using finished feed (hybrid) their vaccination is up to date, der are even drinking normal nd even healthy cos dey re nt showing any sign of ill health at all, buh dier prod is reducing
Its feed. No doibt. You may check for lice,too.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
LOL. They're young ladies. Their production will increase in due course..
koolice009:
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
Your birds are suffering from coccidiosis. Your litter management is poor. Work on your litter management before administering any drug.
jemjem:
Pls I need.urgent.help, my 5wk old pullets are dieing. They look weak and folding like they are cold. Watering brown stool for some and reddish stools for the other. I just picked 12 dead ones this morning. Vaccines upto date
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by vickifeanyi47(m): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
I want to venture into poultry I have gained knowledge to start up but im asthmatic and I heard its not good to come in contact with poultry dung and feed as it cause irritants. p.s help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
Employ the services of farm workers if you can. And you can monitor closely from a distance.
vickifeanyi47:
I want to venture into poultry I have gained knowledge to start up but im asthmatic and I heard its not good to come in contact with poultry dung and feed as it cause irritants. p.s help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 2:49am On Oct 17, 2016
vickifeanyi47:

I don't think it's a go area because of your health issues.
even if you employ farm workers, you still need to monitor them or won't you go there at all?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:32am On Oct 17, 2016
alakara:

even if you employ farm workers, you still need to monitor them or won't you go there at all?

I sent you a text massage.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 6:58am On Oct 17, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

Pls resend it,I didn't see it.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by vickifeanyi47(m): 11:06am On Oct 17, 2016
alakara:

Thats the issue I will always like to go there to see things for myself
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by alakara(m): 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
IdisuleOurOwn:

I've replied.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Obcglobal(m): 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
jemjem:
that should be sign of coccidiocess. Better still consult your vet
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by horladtop(m): 9:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
pls help.. am feeding my pullet (zartech) and up to date vaccines., but refuse to lay at18weeks... am running out of capital

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.