Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (962667 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by loveableone(m): 8:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
got my chicks too on Friday cockerel for a start sha 25
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 11:04am On Feb 08, 2017
Thanks, i will look for it

menama:

Mix d feeds with Orego-Stim powder. It will reduce the wetness of the litters with more than 50%.

It's 100% natural, and its primary usage is to tackle the microbes that affect the gastrointestinal tract of livestock animals, diaby enhancing performance and boosting productivity.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 11:23am On Feb 08, 2017
Thanks bros, help recommend som1 who can handle. The bio gas stuff. Thanks

abbeyforex:

You don't need anybody to carry it, infact it won't be enough for your use by the time you start using it to generate electricity in your farm.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by menama(m): 11:26am On Feb 08, 2017
Chikach:
Thanks, i will look for it

You are welcome. Do come back and share your result with us please.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Chikach: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2017
or is it possible, can i order it through you? my whatsapp contact 08038912791

menama:

You are welcome. Do come back and share your result with us please.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by menama(m): 1:59pm On Feb 08, 2017
Chikach:
or is it possible, can i order it through you? my whatsapp contact 08038912791

Nop. I don't sell poultry drugs, and i might be far away from you. I am based in Kd.

Visit veterinary shops
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by lady25(f): 7:41am On Feb 09, 2017
bosaty2003:

please where is your location? I have sombody looking fot trailers of deep litter waste in Owode, Ogun state
My farm is located in imeko ogun state. Please I don't mind getting the contact for the liter
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kripen(m): 11:12am On Feb 09, 2017
[quote author=menama post=53508750]

Coccidiosis. Very dangerous and contagious. Treat immediately.

Try Amprolium.

Thanks for your timely response
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by zizomaticz(m): 11:36am On Feb 09, 2017
menama:

Nop. I don't sell poultry drugs, and i might be far away from you. I am based in Kd.

Visit veterinary shops

Good morning

I'm based in Kdand would love to visit your farm.

Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by menama(m): 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2017
zizomaticz:

Good morning

I'm based in Kdand would love to visit your farm.

Thank you

I don't own a farm, for now. I however worked in a farm for almost 3yrs before starting my own business.

Plan to start one soon.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jimmy74(m): 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hello House,

Does anyone know where I can get a poultry house for rent in Ibadan, Preferably Moniya or Ojoo area.

Regards.

Jimmy74
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2017
Goodevening house. Pls am having some issues with my laying birds. The are 3months in laying,the got to laying 69% then started declining now the are doin 65% percent. It's so depressing cos am a little above break even. Even though the started laying late in their 24th week but the picked immedietly when the started Laying..laying almost normal size when the started. Though they have been on one medication to the other as a result of sickness or symptoms from any of them..the all will be treated. Last week I had a mortality and the pm revealed ecoli and typhoid. The were put on medication and the where droping 69% less than ten days which is yestaday anoda mortality the pm revealed Newcastle and respiratory infection.now the are on medication,and their production has dropped to making 65%. The birds are physically healthy but the production is poor. Pls what should I do to get to 80%production. Am feeding them with hybrid feeds. Thanks in anticipation of ur swift response. Still waiting for any suggestion or advice .thanx. Pls house somebody should respond .
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by femimat(m): 9:40pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hello House,
Having same issues as @bigthingz above....production dropped from 75 % to 64% after series of treatment and medication....
Was told the heat and weather could be the cause.
I gave them multivitamins consistently for 2 weeks. Could this have affected them....the day I stopped the vitamins. ..production decline started. Now even with multivitamins, production still continued to decline....Pls I need help....any advice or suggestions is welcome....nothing changed between peak and now except for multivitamins. ...Pls help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by femimat(m): 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
My farm is in Osuke off iyesi ogun state....I want help on the biogas system...anyone to help? Pls whatsapp me on 08129219449.

I have hug pile of dropping...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by femimat(m): 9:56pm On Feb 10, 2017
Please mod. ..add me to the whatsapp no....08129219449

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Danieltheone(m): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2017
Please add me to WhatsApp group.
Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bosaty2003(m): 4:25pm On Feb 11, 2017
Please i am experiencing the same decline in my farm. it is becoming frustrating. from 80% to 50% now. Please help. they even consume the same amount of feed.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Julivas(m): 5:55pm On Feb 11, 2017
Please what kind of feed can i give to 5 weeks old broiler?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:00pm On Feb 11, 2017
Julivas:
Please what kind of feed can i give to 5 weeks old broiler?

Give them ''finisher''.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Julivas(m): 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:

Give them ''finisher''.
Thanks. Will i just say finisher when I get to the market?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2017
Julivas:
Thanks. Will i just say finisher when I get to the market?
Yeah, broiler finisher.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davies427: 1:24am On Feb 12, 2017
femimat:
Hello House,
Having same issues as @bigthingz above....production dropped from 75 % to 64% after series of treatment and medication....
Was told the heat and weather could be the cause.
I gave them multivitamins consistently for 2 weeks. Could this have affected them....the day I stopped the vitamins. ..production decline started. Now even with multivitamins, production still continued to decline....Pls I need help....any advice or suggestions is welcome....nothing changed between peak and now except for multivitamins. ...Pls help
. This are times of the year where production drops. U will have to make sure u feed ur birds early, the drinking water is also fresh. The fresh i mean is, it just been pumped into their tank n dey consume it instantly. Reason is u dont want them to drink hot water. Also u will have to give vitamins. U may need to drop ur corn intake down. I have same issues also in my farm. These r just d steps we took. I hope i was able to help a lil

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 5:28am On Feb 12, 2017
abbeyforex:

You don't need anybody to carry it, infact it won't be enough for your use by the time you start using it to generate electricity in your farm.

You're very correct.I recently designed a biodigester for my farm and it's so wonderful.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 12, 2017
Chikach:
Thanks bros, help recommend som1 who can handle. The bio gas stuff. Thanks

I can.I just designed one.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by FUNKIBABE(f): 4:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
Good day house, kindly add my number to the nairaland farmers' whatsapp group. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by farmgate: 10:36pm On Feb 12, 2017
nyben4eva:

You're very correct.I recently designed a biodigester for my farm and it's so wonderful.

I love this your digester. How many qty of gasses can it produce a day
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by femimat(m): 11:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
@nyben4eva. ..can we talk on the biodigester....Pls buzz me on whatsapp 08129219449. I am interested
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
FREE ONLINE SHOP
It's new, it's fresh be among the first brands to open your online shop with us.

The only eCommerce platform for food only offering two great ways to sell online: Free online shop & social marketplace for agricultural produce, food and equipments.pls share

OPEN YOUR SHOP on www.myfoodsupplies.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by horladtop(m): 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2017
TollyD:
Mixing the bird feeds with larvicide (To Eliminate flies and reduce odor). You also dig about two pit about 4ft deep, don't cover it, use alternately (when one is full use the second one) to allow the dropping to dry. You can them excavate and spread the dried dropping
but without covering it it will be smelling heavily pls way out
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by horladtop(m): 10:23pm On Feb 13, 2017
Obcglobal:
I have my farm too I dug a big hole 12 feet down and 8 feet long so if you can do it it will take years to full and besides it will decay along the line ok. Thanks,
did u cover d top and how far abt the odour coz am still in residential area, can it work out
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by horladtop(m): 10:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
nyben4eva:

pls drop ur number I wanna fabricate d digester too

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.