Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963293 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by blessingfarm: 6:37am On Jul 20, 2017
@ Oga EMMAACHILE and the experienced ogas Pls help me with this:
Hello my good people. Pls I need a help.
Gumboro attacked my broilers at 5weeks of age.
Though I have sold that batch about two weeks
ago. I treated my farm with formalin and amonia
mix together on wednesday last week and I just
stock birds on friday. Pls is there any preventive measures I can use together with the routine
vaccine to avoid having such experience again. I
learnt once gumboro attack a farm it takes time
before one can eradicate it in the farm.
Pls help me, am worried.
Thanks sooo much.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 00Chymes00: 10:12am On Jul 20, 2017
blessingfarm:
@ Oga EMMAACHILE and the experienced ogas Pls help me with this:
Hello my good people. Pls I need a help.
Gumboro attacked my broilers at 5weeks of age.
Though I have sold that batch about two weeks
ago. I treated my farm with formalin and amonia
mix together on wednesday last week and I just
stock birds on friday. Pls is there any preventive measures I can use together with the routine
vaccine to avoid having such experience again. I
learnt once gumboro attack a farm it takes time
before one can eradicate it in the farm.
Pls help me, am worried.
Thanks sooo much.

I farm organically so I can only give you an organic approach which has proven to be 100% effective. For prevention against NDV and Gumboro please extract juice from ginger, garlic and aloe Vera. Mix 40 mil of the juice in 4litres of water and serve your birds at least 4 times a week. For curative measures triple the dosage. Cheers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 10:53am On Jul 20, 2017
00Chymes00:

I farm organically so I can only give you an organic approach which has proven to be 100% effective. For prevention against NDV and Gumboro please extract juice from ginger, garlic and aloe Vera. Mix 40 mil of the juice in 4litres of water and serve your birds at least 4 times a week. For curative measures triple the dosage. Cheers.
nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Erinbola: 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hello Farmers, I have 9 units of used cages for layers for sale and a pen with water system that will contain 19 cages. Each cage will contain 96 birds. The pen is on a leased land inside the Farm Estate beside Laspotech at Ikorodu. Interested parties should call 08032002739.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 00Chymes00: 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
Poultry feed (broilers and layers) available at 3k per bag (26kg) in Port-Harcourt and is subject to change. Call 09090003752 to place your orders. Cheers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by GidiPrince: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hello experienced farmers in the house, please I need a sample of a template for accurate record keeping in a farm for egg production.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bostin(m): 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
Please @all what is the current price for 16weeks Layers point of lay?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 00Chymes00: 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2017
Bostin:
Please @all what is the current price for 16weeks Layers point of lay?

It's about =N= 1400. I'm in Port-Harcourt and want to buy.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bostin(m): 5:27am On Jul 21, 2017
00Chymes00:

It's about =N= 1400. I'm in Port-Harcourt and want to buy.
Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by major911(m): 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
hello experts in the house, my 2months plus laying birds jst stopped laying completely, it startee by reducing from abt 10crates per day to 7crates.so I tot its due to weather chnage buh over the weeks nw, dey hv stopped laying completely.i hv treated dem with antiniotics, dewormed, vaccinate and even gave dem multivitamins.pls I need experts advise, it will be really appreciated.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kunlesmiles(m): 10:43am On Jul 22, 2017
laposta:

Ask for a quote...a trial will convince you...
pls Hw is Ur local cage.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Dimejimichael(m): 10:26am On Jul 23, 2017
Wat can I give dem to aid der development.. .because I nid dem to b very big bf Xmass..
Dey are 3weeks old
White cockerel
Thanks

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hgkassim: 2:45pm On Jul 23, 2017
baggiosne:
nice one bro
Thank. How Sis you prepare the extract.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by 00Chymes00: 6:58am On Jul 24, 2017
Poultry feed (broilers and layers) available at 3k per bag (26kg) in Port-Harcourt. Call 09090003752 to place your orders. Cheers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Ugeh: 9:42am On Jul 24, 2017
00Chymes00:
Poultry feed (broilers and layers) available at 3k per bag (26kg) in Port-Harcourt and is subject to change. Call 09090003752 to place your orders. Cheers.
Can you deliver to Calabar? And at what extra cost?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Folayinka: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2017
Good morning all, Pls I need a constant supply of eggs in large quantity to Kaduna. If you're up to the task, kindly contact me with your best prices.
Call or watsapp : 08062205219. Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by felixxy(m): 2:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
pls how much is a day old broilers. want to have an idea because am abt going into breeding 4 xmas.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2017
Good morning fellow farmers. My birds are 3months in laying and presently doing poorly. The are 2100 in numbers. The got to 53 crates and started decending now the are giving BTW 43/44/. The are physically healthy And very active. The eat and drink accordingly and have been giving their full vaccination @ appropriate time. The birds are divided into 1050 per room. A and B. The birds in room A got to 23 crates and stopped now the are giving 20 crates sometimes less. the second 1050 got to 31 crates and went down to 23 crates within 10 days.. They both have been dewormed , boasted , eat the same food ..even though the consumption of room A is a little slow compared to that of room B. In summary I have 2100 bird, physically healthy ,3 months old in laying, production 62%, deep liter, zartech breed, hybrid feeds, 10 bags per day,location jos. Pls how can I improve my birds performance. Thanks in anticipation of a prompt response. Pls expert in the house, i await ur kind response. Thank you. can any expert comment pls.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Dimejimichael(m): 9:55am On Jul 25, 2017
Is something wrong with my cockerel? Judging by der shit

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 25, 2017
Dimejimichael:
Is something wrong with my cockerel? Judging by der shit
Give anti biotics
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by TollyD: 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
major911:
hello experts in the house, my 2months plus laying birds jst stopped laying completely, it startee by reducing from abt 10crates per day to 7crates.so I tot its due to weather chnage buh over the weeks nw, dey hv stopped laying completely.i hv treated dem with antiniotics, dewormed, vaccinate and even gave dem multivitamins.pls I need experts advise, it will be really appreciated.

Which feed are you using? Change your feed, treat their water and check the water line.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by major911(m): 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2017
TollyD:

Which feed are you using? Change your feed, treat their water and check the water line.
I am using top feed. which feed is better than topfeed, but would treat there water has u hv advised.tanks so much
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by orenteasa(f): 10:33am On Jul 26, 2017
please at what week can I start feeding my layers once in a day.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by meetgaby: 11:21am On Jul 26, 2017
Hello Experts,

Please what is the cheapest method to build a pen house for my battery cages for layers?

I am looking at the most cost effective materials and method.
Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 26, 2017
22 weeks point of lay(laying already)
1% production
Price; #1650
Call; 09027095872
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bigthingz: 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2017
Good morning fellow farmers. My birds are 3months in laying and presently doing poorly. The are 2100 in numbers. The got to 53 crates and started decending now the are giving BTW 43/44/. The are physically healthy And very active. The eat and drink accordingly and have been giving their full vaccination @ appropriate time. The birds are divided into 1050 per room. A and B. The birds in room A got to 23 crates and stopped now the are giving 20 crates sometimes less. the second 1050 got to 31 crates and went down to 23 crates within 10 days.. They both have been dewormed , boasted , eat the same food ..even though the consumption of room A is a little slow compared to that of room B. In summary I have 2100 bird, physically healthy ,3 months old in laying, production 62%, deep liter, zartech breed, hybrid feeds, 10 bags per day,location jos. Pls how can I improve my birds performance. Thanks in anticipation of a prompt response. Pls expert in the house, i await ur kind response. Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by osagiepetre2b(m): 4:45am On Jul 27, 2017
Its best you keep feeding them twice daily so they get d normal nutrient
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by osagiepetre2b(m): 4:53am On Jul 27, 2017
Sorry
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by osagiepetre2b(m): 5:12am On Jul 27, 2017
osagiepetre2b:
Its best you keep feeding them twice daily so they get d normal nutrient
ok
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by osagiepetre2b(m): 5:17am On Jul 27, 2017
orenteasa:
. Its best you keep feeding them twice daily so they get d normal nutrient
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 27, 2017
orenteasa:
It seems you are not ready to raise layers. Layers need food all the time

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.