Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963413 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by malik11599: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2018
malik11599:
Love Farms is recruiting for Oyinbo Farms; which is a poultry farm located in Otta, Ogun state and into broiler birds production. The farm has already done Layer birds production and are in need of a farm manager with good experience in Broiler bird’s production. Knowledge of Layers birds and capacity to keep records will be an added advantage.
The applicant must meet the follow criteria:
 5 years hands on experience in Poultry production (preferably Broilers)
 Good Knowledge of disease control in Poultry production (preferably Broilers)
 Good Knowledge of Poultry waste management
 Sharp Marketing skills
 Great people management skills
 Any African nationality is welcome to apply as long as you live in Nigeria or you are willing to live in Nigeria.
Key Responsibilities
 Coordinating of staff on the farm to ensure optimum performance of the birds
 Ensuring that birds are constantly counted to determine the mortality of birds
 Constant sales of birds to ensure maximum profitability
 Ensuring constant supply of feed and drugs
 Coordinating the logistics of farm related activities
 Ensuring proper maintenance of all the farm equipment and enviroment
 Enforcing the farms bio-security measures
Skills
 Basic use of Microsoft Excel
 Social media savvy
 Good record keeping
 Good understanding of English and Yoruba
Applicant should however preferably be based in Nigeria and willing to relocate to Otta, Ogun state.
Send CV’s to lovefarms2017@gmail.com

CV's are still being considered for this position. You can proceed to send yours to lovefarms2017@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2018
malik11599:

CV's are still being considered for this position. You can proceed to send yours to lovefarms2017@gmail.com
What's the pay range? I can recommend someone there.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by babaijesha: 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

What's the pay range? I can recommend someone there.
Hello Emma

- How much can complete a pen that can accommodate 2500 -3000 birds ?
- Can one achieve live weight of 2kg in 35days ?
- I understand mgt is key, do you know any standard outfit I can send someone to for training on broiler production.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2018
@babaijesha

I dont know of cost as it varies. Ideal size should be from 7000-9000 square feet (eg 100*70 feet; 100*90 feet)

I am sure of Agrited Ross 308. Feed must be formulated to achieve this. I got 1.6kg/4 weeks and about 3kg/42 days in my last batch using Koudjis Broiler Conc (KBC 10) but feeding was ablibitum (24/7).
Management must be efficient and diseases must be prevented from even happening too. You have to use a drug schedule to achieve that.

- I understand mgt is key, do you know any standard outfit I can send someone to for training on broiler production.
I dont know of any one but Broilers are very easy to raise if you have a mentor and you are educated.

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fomaj: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2018
Good day everyone, please if you know about or see a case of Marek's in poultry farms around Ibadan environs, kindly contact this number :08107300670. I need the Carcass for experiments. Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
@babaijesha

I dont know of cost as it varies. Ideal size should be from 7000-9000 square feet (eg 100*70 feet; 100*90 feet)

I am sure of Agrited Ross 308. Feed must be formulated to achieve this. I got 1.6kg/4 weeks and about 3kg/42 days in my last batch using Koudjis Broiler Conc (KBC 10) but feeding was ablibitum (24/7).
Management must be efficient and diseases must be prevented from even happening too. You have to use a drug schedule to achieve that.

I dont know of any one but Broilers are very easy to raise if you have a mentor and you are educated.

Please, Boss Emma, do u have a recent thread of your experience? As in recent... Cos I just noticed your 3kg in 42days...

I wantu learn from you, please. Just wantu go into poultry farming
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2018
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, Boss Emma, do u have a recent thread of your experience? As in recent... Cos I just noticed your 3kg in 42days...

I wantu learn from you, please. Just wantu go into poultry farming
No recent thread.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Fomaj: 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2018
Fomaj:
Good day everyone, please if you know about or see a case of Marek's in poultry farms around Ibadan, lagos environs, kindly contact this number :08107300670. I need the Carcass for experiments. Thank you.
Help me please it's urgent.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 19, 2018
fnk:
@brendan and the rest, I have emailed you guys the docs. @ brendan, take your time and go through this tread, from page 1 to 13, you will see post from people with a lot of experience, I am not an expert in this field, just have great love for it. When I ran my research in Lagos, I went through some not so conventional system just to prove that the V-mix works, i.e; I didn't clear the coop for 3 weeks, leave it to get wet and the water holders were pretty dirty, the water was messy looking which will be a breading room for Ecoli and other virus that can kill the birds. But because of the V-mix, virus or bacteria could not grow or even survive in those environment, It didn't matter how bad the water was or the coop, the birds was health and thrived.

There are books you can buy and they will give you more info on when to change the water, clean out the coop etc. And tell you the truth, a lot of this processes are common sense and your love for what you are doing.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks guys.

Thanks for all the info you and the others have provided on this thread. I am putting things together for my poultry farm and i need all the information i can get to avoid losses. Please help me with this document of yours. Thanks. Send to freejoe2020@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by survivalagro: 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2018
ak22:

Please I need business proposal on poultry farm very urgent Sir thanks for at least 1500 layer birds
hello sir,pls chat us on whatsapp :07062252747
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by OlujobaSamuel: 2:37pm On Dec 08, 2018
Old layers available
Ijegun/Ikotun, Lagos
Contact08066656855
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sanni4susx(m): 2:16am On Dec 09, 2018
TOPAI7:
I CAN SEE THAT YOU USE PAPER ON THE FLOOR.
WHILE DIDN’T YOU USE SAW DUST. IT HELPS TO CONTROL THE BIRDS DROPPING BETTER.
YOU NEED STOVE IN ADDITION TO THE LANTERNS AT THE BIRDS EARLY STAGE (FIRST 7 – 10 DAYS).
EXCEPT YOUR AREA IS HOT IN THE AFTERNOON, YOU MIGHT STILL NEED SOME WARMTH FOR THE BIRDS.
sanni4web@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sanni4susx(m): 2:17am On Dec 09, 2018
niapay:
Hi Hindsight in regards to your question Brooder light(175w or 250w)/Gas heaters are used to warm the poultry house in cold places – you will also need a gas heater or brooder light if you have baby chicks or day olds – no mum, no warmth. Even if you have a chicken house in a warm area you will still need to raise the temperature to 33 deg for baby chickens. in the first 1-3weeks, send me an email at sales@primatronics.eu so that I will send you a free broiler management guide and layer manage guide information that will help you run farm, in the attached picture is a pic of brooder light, a 175w brooder light can brood 100chicks while the 250w models can brood 200chicks but LPG gas brooder can brood from 1500 to over 100,000 depending on the model.

here is a link of our current 1512 broiler pen: https://skydrive.live.com/?wa=wsignin1.0&cid=c574f8660a097570&sc=documents#!/view.aspx/.Public/1512%20chicken%20run%20house.doc?cid=c574f8660a097570&sc=documents

As regarding this my email is sanni4web@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Adedward(m): 9:33am On Dec 12, 2018
Gud morning boss, I have interest on poultry management, l want to start with , layers and boiler, l have bought one plot of land for it for starting, I have no idear on it, but l like the business, we want to start arrangement by now, l need provisional that can lead me true here, thanks u can watsap me with this no, 08135810794
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Firstkings: 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2018
2 Tons per hour capacity Feed mill for Sale in Ibadan

We have a used feed-mill plant for sale with the technical details as follows:

1. 1 Tonne Capacity Vertical feed Mixer
2. 1 Tonne Capacity Hammer Mill
3. 500 KG Avery mechanical weighing scale
4. 25KVA DEISEL GENERATOR
5. 0.5 TONNE GRINDING MACHINE
6. BAG SOWING MACHINE

Plant Capacity: 2 Tons/hour
Production: This mill is capable of producing
Animal and Poultry feeds of all kinds

you can contact me if interested: 07055681368

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by manya(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2018
Anyone has fairly used imported galvanized battery Cages for sale?
Please talk to me i need some, more than ten (10).
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by evelynqueen(f): 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
DL-Methionine for auction at #20,000 per 25kg bag.

Good afternoon Sir/Ma. I am a broker for a Lagos company. We have DL-Methionine 99% purity, used in livestock feed formulation.
It is available for auction in Lagos. Price is 20,000 per 25kg bag.
Some of the bags has been touched by water during shipping, that's the reason for the auctioning.
Contact me on WhatsApp 08106875262 for further information. Thank you.

P.S: Below are the sample pictures of Methionine

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by babaijesha: 2:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
@babaijesha

Tks..
Can i have your e-mail..
Want to send a message..
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by JewelRegi(f): 7:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

No recent thread.

hi, happy new year.

my birds (layers) have some sort of boil near the eyes. what could be the cause and the remedy please. the are two weeks old
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by JewelRegi(f): 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
niapay:

hi, please I need it too o
faith.ebliss@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Horparindey(m): 8:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
survivalagro:
hello sir,pls chat us on whatsapp :07062252747
Horparindey18@gmail.Com >>interested
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
babaijesha:

Tks..
Can i have your e-mail..
Want to send a message..
Check my profile or send a pm
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Kharatech: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2019
Hello farmers....to get your quality locally made galvanised battery cage for your layers at affordable price please contact or Whatsapp kharatech on 08063016420
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Lexel321: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2019
Hello great farmers in the house, Happy New Year. Pls how much will it cost to raise 200 Noilers and how longer does it take to maturity. A break down of feed schedule : starter, grower & finisher will be appreciated. Tnx.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kaybobo200: 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2019
JewelRegi:

Most likely pox. Visit any store for pox cure

hi, happy new year.

my birds (layers) have some sort of boil near the eyes. what could be the cause and the remedy please. the are two weeks old

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by survivalagro: 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2019
we represent services

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by survivalagro: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2019
Horparindey:

Horparindey18@gmail.Com >>interested
OK
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by babaijesha: 3:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Check my profile or send a pm

Mail sent

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.