Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963208 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Are84(m): 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2019
Is there is any alternative vaccine for 3in1 vaccine
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sehisagro: 11:14pm On Jan 23, 2019
At Sehis Agro Resources, we are involved in the sales and formulation of poultry/ livestock feed, raw materials like soya meal, maize, gnc, pkc, wheat offal, bone meal, limestone, e.t.c, are also sold by us in wholesale or retail quantities.. We also formulate quality poultry feeds. Our broiler Starter and Finisher gives your birds 3kg in less than 7 weeks. Our layers mash increases egg productivity. We are located in Port Harcourt and you could contact us on 09022541225. Contact us for more information/ enquiries.
We currently formulate quality feeds for a number of farms within and outside Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sanni4susx(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2019
sehisagro:
At Sehis Agro Resources, we are involved in the sales and formulation of poultry/ livestock feed, raw materials like soya meal, maize, gnc, pkc, wheat offal, bone meal, limestone, e.t.c, are also sold by us in wholesale or retail quantities.. We also formulate quality poultry feeds. Our broiler Starter and Finisher gives your birds 3kg in less than 7 weeks. Our layers mash increases egg productivity. We are located in Port Harcourt and you could contact us on 09022541225. Contact us for more information/ enquiries.
We currently formulate quality feeds for a number of farms within and outside Port Harcourt.
Like seriously
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by JewelRegi(f): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2019
sehisagro:

where in port Harcourt please?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by larrypourl(m): 10:36am On Jan 25, 2019
TONY56:
Can anyone on this tread link me with where I can get Animal care products around Ikorodu axis or around Gberigbe in Ikorodu.

My farm is in Gberigbe-Ikorodu.

Thanks in anticipation of your assistance

Go to Solcorp at Itamaga.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by twoMcfemad: 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2019
Are84:
Is there is any alternative vaccine for 3in1 vaccine

Not really sir.

But I know farmers who do R2B and Lasota vaccination intermittently as first and booster doses
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by isaacbarryy: 12:20am On Jan 26, 2019
Hindsight:
House,
I am about to venture into poultry farming with my best friend. We intend stocking 1000 layers. Presently we are constructing our coop. I intend to reach out to poultry farmers and other enthusiasts with this thread. i will be uploading pictures as we go along. Comments and criticisms are welcome.
poultry is one of the lucrative agribusiness in Nigeria if manage well, keep it up broda
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2019
isaacbarryy:
poultry is one of the lucrative agribusiness in Nigeria if manage well, keep it up broda
Layers are not really profitable

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Adeola1122: 7:22am On Feb 02, 2019
If there is any group please add me up 08101835659
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by lagbaja(m): 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2019
A farm on 4 plots of land, gated an fully fenced, located at Owo road, Oke Odan along Idi Iroko road (about 20 minutes drive Winners chapel/Covenant University is up for lease. The location is strategic with very good federal road. it is readily accessible by the West African buyers of farm products countries such as Benin and Togo. The local community is a huge market who are mostly fish smokers. it also enjoys patronage from buyers from Lagos and Ogun who off- take fishes year round.
Features;

• Modern Pig pens with Slat floors and efficient waste channelization with capacity to accommodate 1500 pigs at a go.

• The pen can also be use as Poultry pens

• 16 concrete fish ponds of sizes 10ft by 20ft by 3ft. and 12ft by 15ft by 3ft.

• 2 bore- holes at epth of 140ft with very clean water enough to satisfy all water needs year round.

For further enquiries call Lekan on o8o33o42312.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jaz(m): 7:28am On Feb 03, 2019
Why do u think so
EMMAACHILE:

Layers are not really profitable
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 03, 2019
jaz:
Why do u think so
Ask from. Veterans in the game

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by BECALMBECALM(m): 9:41am On Feb 03, 2019
Is broiler more profitable? For someone that has 2000 broilers, how much is he going to spend till they get to 7 weeks?What is the profit expectation? Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2019
BECALMBECALM:
Is broiler more profitable? For someone that has 2000 broilers, how much is he going to spend till they get to 7 weeks?What is the profit expectation? Thank you
This is my conversation with a Facebook friend who does 1000 broilers every two weeks in PH.

I simply use 7 weeks to get my 2.5 using 150 bags of feed for a thousand birds .
150 bags of feed 525,000
Doc 300,000
Drugs 10,000
Total 835,000
Salary etc makes it a million
If I sell one bird for 1800 and to some end users 2500 my profit per unit will be around 800k and I manage it knowing another set will be sold in 14 days . I have never been lucky to get 2kg in even 40 days but I’m willing to learn

4 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by EddyNumerouno(m): 11:41am On Feb 03, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

You claimed egg production isn’t profitable, when asked how and why, you’ve referred him to ‘veterans’.
Meaning you have no single clue on what you are talking about. It’s never a crime to be silent on issues you don’t understand.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 03, 2019
EddyNumerouno:

You claimed egg production isn’t profitable, when asked how and why, you’ve referred him to ‘veterans’.
Meaning you have no single clue on what you are talking about. It’s never a crime to be silent on issues you don’t understand.
shocked cheesy

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by obstead200(m): 4:15pm On Feb 03, 2019
isaacbarryy:
if only u realised that the post u responded to was posted in 2011, 8 years ago.
U wud have known he must have started and established (or closed down) the farm long ago
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by nwabuwa: 10:34pm On Feb 04, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

My brother if oga like you is saying this , that means we are finished..well u ain't far from the truth ..
I spend 6600 to get 12 crates sometimes 13..I sell at 800..the eggs are not yet that big.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2019
nwabuwa:

My brother if oga like you is saying this , that means we are finished..well u ain't far from the truth ..
I spend 6600 to get 12 crates sometimes 13..I sell at 800..the eggs are not yet that big.
I dont have much experience in layers but all my friends are done with them. The margins are very small.

Lets look at your case study using your best days.
Probably 450-500 layers to get 12/13 crates
6600 for feed
revenue is 13*800=10,400
Balance per day=3,800
Balance for 30 days=3,800*30=114,000
Remove cost of monthly drugs, labour and opportunity cost and pray not to experience egg glut in the market and you are left with almost nothing.

Layer is more of a numbers game. Those who stuck large numbers of above 3000 or more birds have the advantage

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by femsfarm: 9:35am On Feb 05, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

I dont have much experience in layers but all my friends are done with them. The margins are very small.

6600 for feed
revenue is 13*800=10,400
Balance per day=3,800
Remove cost of monthly drugs, labour and opportunity cost and pray not to experience egg glut in the market and you are left with almost nothing.

Layer is more of a numbers game. Those who stuck large numbers of above 3000 or more birds have the advantage

Well said "more of a number game"
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ajisebioyo1(m): 12:12am On Feb 12, 2019
Our Battery cage is made of high quality mesh steel and it has a capacity of containing up to 96 birds. Automatic nipple drinker which helps to reducing water spillage, increasing vaccine utilization, increasing productivity, micro water filter making water safe for drinking. It has a capacity of 96 birds per unit. it Comes with all water accessories and feeding troughs.
Price : 55,000 per unit
Chat, whatsapp Us on 08054541102 or call on 08060292993

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by faridpac2: 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
BECALMBECALM:
bfo u start expecting profit u HV to know the nature of the business poultry is lucrative especially broilers but honestly speaking what is give headache on this business is marketing retailers gain more than a farmer because farmer may face mortality,diseases , therefore bfo u start thinking 2000 broilers u HV to start with 500 broilers to observe the nature of the business

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

6600 for feed
revenue is 13*800=10,400
Balance per day=3,800

Hello bro, pls I will need your help on poultry farming I'm just about to start and I need your guidance. Pls, how else can I contact you apart from nairaland
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cassie74: 8:28am On Feb 21, 2019
Tnnig:
Hello bro, pls I will need your help on poultry farming I'm just about to start and I need your guidance. Pls, how else can I contact you apart from nairaland

His signature perhaps?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by faridpac2: 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2019
[quote author=EMMAACHILE post=75372802]
This is my conversation with a Facebook friend who does 1000 broilers every two weeks in PH.

I simply use 7 weeks to get my 2.5 using 150 bags of feed for a thousand birds .
150 bags of feed 525,000
Doc 300,000
Drugs 10,000
Total 835,000
Salary etc makes it a million
If I sell one bird for 1800 and to some end users 2500 my profit per unit will be around 800k and I manage it knowing another set will be sold in 14 days . I have never been lucky to get 2kg in even 40 days but I’m willing to learn[/q
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by friffy: 10:35pm On Feb 23, 2019
Good day fellow Farmers, Pls I need advice wrt to my laying birds. They are almost 8 months and they are yet to peak. Around January, we recorded a peak of 8 crates and 24 pieces from 357 birds. Ever since, egg production has dipped. Today, I had just 4 crates and 23 piece. Vaccination has been up to date.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sammorad(m): 12:53am On Feb 24, 2019
friffy:
Good day fellow Farmers, Pls I need advice wrt to my laying birds. They are almost 8 months and they are yet to peak. Around January, we recorded a peak of 8 crates and 24 pieces from 357 birds. Ever since, egg production has dipped. Today, I had just 4 crates and 23 piece. Vaccination has been up to date.

What was dre average weight, during ur rearing period did u sort the weak and small once aside to feed properly.

Birds lay with weight and Gud health.

If dey don't attain uniform weight together, u will av dis challenge

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by trust87(m): 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2019
EddyNumerouno:

ko ni baje fun e o grin
EddyNumerouno:

ko ni baje fun e o
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by baggiosne: 7:02am On Feb 25, 2019
friffy:
a lot of questions needed to b answer here by u,BT nevertheless, mk sure ur vaccination and multivitamin are using regularly,maintain a healthy environment and mostly feed the birds correctly, u ll surely see changes, I'm rearing 200 pieces and least no of eggs I see since they began layin on December last year was 185 pieces of eggs, u can do the calculation as regards the no of creats,to ur surprise, I keep them on the floor

(1) (2) (3) ... (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.