Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:40 PM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (959215 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nyjeria: 11:55am On Feb 25, 2019
Hindsight:
House,
I am about to venture into poultry farming with my best friend. We intend stocking 1000 layers. Presently we are constructing our coop. I intend to reach out to poultry farmers and other enthusiasts with this thread. i will be uploading pictures as we go along. Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Great thread - and it looks like you are making great progress - there may be some good resources for you on this site:
https://thebigbookproject.org/agri/poultry-farming/how-to-start-for-beginners/

Could I share your building picture on my pintrest? I love to collect ideas on good affordable designs.

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by babspetros: 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
Hi,
Just joined this discussion and wish to give my submission as a poultry consultant and a registered SAED trainer.
one of the main problem of any business i found out is lack of adequate knowledge at the start of such business. when you know what it takes to run a particular business it gives you a edge ahead of any challenges that might be in such Business.
in poultry, following knowledge area is of utmost importance to a successful poultry businness:
1. Basic production techniques and routine management practices.
2. Basic Poultry disease management skills.
3. Poultry Market information,analysis an survey (base on location and in respect to competition).
4. Basic Business/project management skills.

you can gain all these without spending 5 year studying agriculture in school. All you need is to locate an expert in the field and pay the required prize of commitment to knowledge and a little investment.
Petfun Agro-alied Concept can meet this need for you with just a call to 07035706875 to schedule your training or request an e-resource (self-explanatory).
looking forward to hear from you....
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by friffy: 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
baggiosne:
a lot of questions needed to b answer here by u,BT nevertheless, mk sure ur vaccination and multivitamin are using regularly,maintain a healthy environment and mostly feed the birds correctly, u ll surely see changes, I'm rearing 200 pieces and least no of eggs I see since they began layin on December last year was 185 pieces of eggs, u can do the calculation as regards the no of creats,to ur surprise, I keep them on the floor
Thanks for your response.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by friffy: 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2019
sammorad:

What was dre average weight, during ur rearing period did u sort the weak and small once aside to feed properly.

Birds lay with weight and Gud health.

If dey don't attain uniform weight together, u will av dis challenge

Thanks for the response. I observed unequal weight distribution among the birds. I will sort the smaller ones as advised.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by guidefreak(m): 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
Are you looking for organic solutions to poultry diseases? As an animal scientist, you can trust me when I say organic poultry farming is the best way to maximize your profit. Thank God the Nigerian farmers did not lose the knowledge completely. We still have organic farmers who are enjoying the fantastic wonders of herbs, roots and spices. For example, see http://guidefreak.com/how-to-use-tagiri-extract-for-poultry-diseases or watch how broilers respond to even bitter leaf used in treating coccidiosis here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6yEhep3aIQ

You will thank me later

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by stanzo: 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
SALES MANAGER NEEDED at Aidyl integrated Allied farms limited, Abuja.

Requirement
A tertiary qualification in marketing management

Must have working experience in marketing and sales

Must have experience in using social media as a marketing tool

Must know how to drive with drivers licence

To apply please send a written application to infor@aidylfarms.com, the application should include full cv.
For more inquiry call 09070503244.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by PHOTSEE(m): 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2019
FarmTech:
.. Broiler farmers in the house, is this realistic?
LOL! Money for d.o.c
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by theking1(m): 7:44pm On Mar 09, 2019
Firstkings:

2 Tons per hour capacity Feed mill for Sale in Ibadan

We have a used feed-mill plant for sale with the technical details as follows:

1. 1 Tonne Capacity Vertical feed Mixer
2. 1 Tonne Capacity Hammer Mill
3. 500 KG Avery mechanical weighing scale
4. 25KVA DEISEL GENERATOR
5. 0.5 TONNE GRINDING MACHINE
6. BAG SOWING MACHINE

Plant Capacity: 2 Tons/hour
Production: This mill is capable of producing
Animal and Poultry feeds of all kinds

you can contact me if interested: 07055681368

How much is this?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by theking1(m): 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2019
Poultry Farm manager required for a Farm in Ijebu Ode,
Minimum of 5 years experience required
If interested call : 08025240247
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by lewisray: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2019
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by guidefreak(m): 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2019
** YOUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO ORGANIC POULTRY FARMING** ***48 PAGES***

Some 15 years back, I started poultry farming on a small scale and was forced to stop because of lack of control over diseases. I didn’t even know what COCCIDIOSIS or Newcastle disease is. I was so unprepared and helpless. Poor me!

I pursued an M.Sc. in Animal Science and the experience met my needs. (FUNNY RIGHT? I KNOW EVERYONE DOES NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW THIS ROUTE. IN MY CASE, I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO STUDY SOMETHING THAT CAN MAKE ME INDEPENDENT)

Upon practicing, I noticed that I COULD HAVE PREVENTED THE THINGS THAT ONCE KILLED MY BIRDS.

What’s even more interesting is finding out the ORGANIC REMEDIES

YES! You can get some knowledge about ORGANIC POULTRY FARMING in bits here and there, but not to be compared to the FULL DOSE that you will get here.

IF YOU EVER WANT TO BE CONFIDENT BEFORE YOU START, KNOWING THAT YOU CAN ALWAYS TURN TO A GUIDE TO SEE WHAT AND WHAT YOU NEED TO PUT TOGETHER TO TACKLE DISEASES. THIS IS IT!

I HAVE PREPARED THIS COMPLETE GUIDE TO HELP YOU THROUGH YOUR STRUGGLES WITH DISEASES.

WANTING TO START A BROILER PROJECT? I have a step-by-step chart that you can follow to have a disease free experience. Trust me!

This eBook only goes for N1,000. FAR BELOW THE PRICE OF A SINGLE BROILER CHICKEN, which a disease can take away in hours, if not minutes.

YOU CAN READ THIS ON YOUR Android, iPhone, Tablet or Computer, so it’s always with you everywhere you go.

Highlights......

The preparation and use of organic remedies for diseases
Organic remedy for Viral diseases like Newcastle and Gumboro disease
Preparation of organic calcium supplement
Preparation of organic preservative
Preparation of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV), a powerful natural and non-toxic agent for disease prevention
Organic remedy for Coccidiosis, Fowl pox, Fowl typhoid, and other poultry diseases
The preparation and use of organic probiotic (lactic acid bacteria)
Preparation and use of organic immune boosters to ward off diseases
And much more………………………

Click here to grab your copy of the COMPLETE GUIDE TO ORGANIC POULTRY FARMING https://guidefreak.com/your-complete-guide-to-organic-poultry-farming/
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by aaaazq(m): 4:42am On Mar 14, 2019
friffy:
Good day fellow Farmers, Pls I need advice wrt to my laying birds. They are almost 8 months and they are yet to peak. Around January, we recorded a peak of 8 crates and 24 pieces from 357 birds. Ever since, egg production has dipped. Today, I had just 4 crates and 23 piece. Vaccination has been up to date.

when last were they dewormed? what do you feed them?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by aaaazq(m): 4:43am On Mar 14, 2019
Are84:
Is there is any alternative vaccine for 3in1 vaccine

no
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bizay7(m): 6:30pm On Mar 14, 2019
For people starting poultry farms, I believe one of the best investment of your money is in professional advice ....this comes best from experienced veterinary doctors. Sometimes, you get the advice for free, and sometimes you have to pay for it. If you are willing to pay for a phone or online consultation with a veterinary doctor, you can find some experienced doctors here - https://connect.afrimash.com/provider-category/veterinary-doctor/.

You only need to choose whoever interests you, book an appointment, and talk to him or her about your concerns. I can confidently recommend - https://connect.afrimash.com/veterinary-doctor/farmwatch/ and https://connect.afrimash.com/veterinary-doctor/awotunde/.

Please let us know here if your experience is as expected!
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by DAVEZONIGLTD: 11:45pm On Mar 14, 2019
sehisagro:
At Sehis Agro Resources, we are involved in the sales and formulation of poultry/ livestock feed, raw materials like soya meal, maize, gnc, pkc, wheat offal, bone meal, limestone, e.t.c, are also sold by us in wholesale or retail quantities.. We also formulate quality poultry feeds. Our broiler Starter and Finisher gives your birds 3kg in less than 7 weeks. Our layers mash increases egg productivity. We are located in Port Harcourt and you could contact us on 09022541225. Contact us for more information/ enquiries.
We currently formulate quality feeds for a number of farms within and outside Port Harcourt.

Good
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Adamummy1602: 5:19pm On Mar 17, 2019
sehisagro:
At Sehis Agro Resources, we are involved in the sales and formulation of poultry/ livestock feed, raw materials like soya meal, maize, gnc, pkc, wheat offal, bone meal, limestone, e.t.c, are also sold by us in wholesale or retail quantities.. We also formulate quality poultry feeds. Our broiler Starter and Finisher gives your birds 3kg in less than 7 weeks. Our layers mash increases egg productivity. We are located in Port Harcourt and you could contact us on 09022541225. Contact us for more information/ enquiries.
We currently formulate quality feeds for a number of farms within and outside Port Harcourt.
. I ve 4tons twin mixer feedmill and hammer mill available contact 08059778822
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Integritykay(f): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2019
Turks:
11weeks? What’s heir average weight?
how can you be still using flat feeder at 11weeks and you expect them to grow they will just waste your feed. get better feeders and install light so they can eat day and night
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by guidefreak(m): 2:42pm On Mar 20, 2019
EVER HEARD OF ORGANIC POULTRY FARMING AND ORGANIC REMEDIES TO POULTRY DISEASES?

It's finally in your hands.

As an Animal Scientist, embracing this organic poultry farming knowledge might be easier because I have always known some of the wonderful spices that we used to add to poultry feed in the name of project and testing. But let me tell you, it's even more interesting than I ever thought.

So, I set out to do this comprehensive research about the[b] COMMON SPICES AND HERBS TO COMBAT POULTRY DISEASES [/b]and have found their work to be absolutely remarkable over the years.

All of the concoctions needed to combat poultry diseases can be made right in your home, and the beautiful thing is that it is a lot more cheaper than using synthetic drugs. For example, I have a coupled of broilers for Easter and I have never treated coccidiosis with synthetic drugs. I only use bitter-leaf extract as you can see in my article on https://guidefreak.com/how-to-use-bitter-leaf-extract-for-coccidiosis.

My discovery has given me so much confidence that I can say goodbye to Embasin Forte, Amprollium, OTC, and all the antibiotics that have been found to be detrimental to human health

Switching to Organic Poultry Farming might be a BIG or ROBUST decision for you to make, and I agree with you, but you can start from somewhere.

Most importantly, you don't want to start something you don't know about. Or you don't want to go organic when all you know is just using bitter-leaf to treat coccidiosis and using Basil/scent leaft (Efirin) to handle diarrhea in poultry. This is why it is important to get COMPREHENSIVE KNOWLEDGE from the start.

See some broilers taking bitter leaf extract here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6yEhep3aIQ

This comprehensive knowledge can be gathered over months of research and testing, OR YOU CAN choose to get it now in the simplest way possible.

Apart from bring a farmer, I am also a writer, and I have put together a 48-Pages eBook titled YOUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO ORGANIC POULTRY FARMING. If you are still in doubt as to what you can benefit from Organic Poultry, this eBook will CLEAR YOU!

It's time for you to learn how to produce and use organic medications without guessing the dosage or asking the question in a group and waiting for days or weeks to get a response from someone who might be battling with tougher problems on their farm.

Don't kill your birds! Don't lose in your poultry business! Don't delay knowledge.

The eBook goes for just #1,000 now. It's already selling for #3,000 on https://www.afrimash.com/shop/livestock/poultry/your-complete-guide-to-organic-poultry-farming-48-pages/

To get your own copy, message me on https:///KbNZBBwOdvIEDhtNk8wk8L

You can also pay directly and get your copy here: https://paystack.com/pay/h-4k0imvp7

If you choose the whatsapp group, you will see the number of farmers who are already benefiting from the knowledge in the book.

I WILL BE WILLING TO ANSWER YOUR POST-PURCHASE QUESTIONS , and together, we can bring ORGANIC POULTRY FARMING to the limelight again
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Folayinka: 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2019
Good day all. Please who can assist me with Business Plan for both broiler and layers. Kindly help out if you have a material on this. You can send to ykrealvision@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sheos2010: 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2019
At Sehis Agro Resources, we produce specially formulated broilers and layers mash for your poultry. Our broilers feed would give your birds 3kg in less than 7weeks; while our high quality layers feed would give your birds over 90% laying capacity, with very big eggs.We are 100% guaranteed.
Our feed is produced with imported concentrates and high quality raw materials. We are very interested in the productivity and profitability of your poultry/livestock.
Contact us today.
We are located at Plot 160 East West Road, Besides INEC Office, Port Harcourt
sehisagroresources@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sheos2010: 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2019
At Sehis Agro Resources, we produce specially formulated broilers and layers mash for your poultry. Our broilers feed would give your birds 3kg in 6 weeks; while our high quality layers feed would give your birds over 90% laying capacity, with very big eggs. We are 100% guaranteed.
Our feed is produced with imported concentrates and high quality raw materials. We are very interested in the productivity and profitability of your poultry/livestock.
Contact us today.
We are located at Plot 160 East West Road, Besides INEC Office, Port Harcourt.
sehisagroresources@gmail.com

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sheos2010: 9:00pm On Mar 24, 2019
At Sehis Agro Resources, we produce specially formulated broilers and layers mash for your poultry. Our broilers feed would give your birds 3kg in less than 7weeks; while our high quality layers feed would give your birds over 90% laying capacity, with very big eggs. We are 100% guaranteed.
Contact us today.
We are located at Plot 160 East West Road, Besides INEC Office, Port Harcourt.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ABHAKS: 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2019
Please someone should add me to poultry whatapp group 08036992889. Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by hayor2014(m): 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
faridpac2:

zartech are problematic birds

Where do you recommend one buys birds from
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by faridpac2: 9:02pm On Mar 28, 2019
hayor2014:

Where do you recommend one buys birds from
Agrited, CHI, Anadariya even zartech is good but it has respiratory problems broilers farming is all about management
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Turks: 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
This is wrong.
faridpac2:

Agrited, CHI, Anadariya even zartech is good but it has respiratory problems broilers farming is all about management

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by faridpac2: 9:21am On Mar 29, 2019
Turks:
This is wrong.
mention right pls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kunleweb: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
Abuloma80:
Hi Hindsight. That is a beautiful venture you executing. Please knowing you are in Kaduna too, am equally there, and doing same.

Have been in Poultry business for the pass 26 years, yes since 1986 grin grin
Started with just what you are doing, then expanded to FEED compounding, not just for my farm but for commercial too.

Sorry could not read all the postings, so I dont know if you have talked of your feed for the Broilers and the Layers.I can give you a break down of the cost of feed for the Broilers and Layers. A guaranteed feed that will give you the desired result of
(1) maturing you Broilers @ 8weeks with an average weight of 1.5Kg (dressed)
(2) For your layers (things being equal - healthy layers) to get an average of 70-80% laying.

Layers
Chick-Mash (1-6wks old)= 18-20% protein, 2800Kcal Energy @ N2000/bag/25kg
Growers-Mash (7-16wks old)= 14-15% protein, 24500Kcal Energy @ N1500/bag /25kg
Layers-mash (17wk upward)= 16-17.5% protein, 2700Kcal Energy @1800/bag/25kg

Broilers
Broiler Starter (1-5wks old)= 23-25% protein, 2850Kcal Energy @ N2200/bag/25kg
Broiler Finisher (6-upward)= 20-22% protein, 3000Kcal Energy @ N2100/bag /25kg

[b]Note: [/b]25kg bag of feed will feed 200 laying birds (125gm per bird)
25kg bag of feed will feed 200 7wks old Broilers (125gm per bird)

Having said that, I wish to wet your appetite, think of raising QUAILS.
Quail for meat and eggs, they are "Wonder food and Drug" its profitability is 6 times layers or broilers.

This is how it goes Quail laying ability is same as Poultry layers,its egg price its almost the-same, but feed consumption is 1/6th of poultry.

Poultry layers- 200birds eat 25kg a day,
Quails- 50Quails eat 1kg a day which implies for feed of 25Kg. 25x50=1250Quails.

Did hear some asking what are Quails? Hmmmm Read it here www.quaileegcure.com

The Quail egg is prized as a dietary and healing food. It is recorded that Chinese medical practitioners have used quail eggs for thousands of years to remedy aliments such as rhinitis, asthma, hay fever, spasmodic cough along with skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.

Children eating quail eggs are less likely to suffer from infectious diseases than other children who don’t.
In men, quail eggs provide the prostate gland with phosphorus, proteins, and vitamins that can be a powerful stimulant for sexual potency.

Women find that the egg improves skin color and strengthens hair. This is why quail eggs are in facial and in hair care products.

Quail Eggs are especially useful to children to enhance development, both physical and mental. A child that eats one or two of quail eggs a day has a better memory, a strong nervous system, sharp vision, a better developed and less sick. It’s been found in two sets of classes in Japan, the students that ate one or two Quail eggs a day do better (physically and academically) than the class that didn’t eat Quail eggs.

Quail eggs and treats diseases of the heart, liver, kidney, stomach, thyroid, anemia, nervous system. And yet – diabetes, tuberculosis, bronchial asthma, vegetative-vascular dystonia.
Quail eggs have olinevoy acids. Olinevoy acids dissolve and display the stones from the kidney, liver and gall bladder.

Quail eggs give good results in treating infertility, epilepsy, allergies, and all kinds of eczema and other skin diseases.

http://www.authspot.com

UUPS SORRY MY TORRY LONG KO? wink BEAR WITH ME BECAUSE THIS IS WHERE AM LANDING!
AM PLANNIG TO RAISE AND REAR QUAILS,SO I URGENTLY WANT TO BUY AN INCUBATOR.THE "FOREIGN" ONES ARE THE BEST (AM NOT BEING UNPATROTIC BUT LOOKING FOR RESULT)FROM OTHERS EXPERIENCES, FOREIGN ONES GIVE EXCELLENT RESULT (90%), LOCAL ONES BEARLY 40% My question is how do I go about it?

@poster. I give me call (08099137290), will pay you a visit at your farm vis-a-vis at my Mill
Cheers, remain blessed & My best wishes to your venture grin grin grin

Hmm.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Shademola(f): 5:12am On Apr 13, 2019
Am interested in poultry farming do need a mentor
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by survival50: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2019
Happy Good Friday to you all.... Easter Awoooooooooooooooof is still on!!!
������������������ Kindly follow @survivalpoultrycage on instagram and tag 5 poultry farmers... and get a chance to win any of our gift.

1)A pack of automatic nipple drinkers
2) complete pack of automatic bell drinker
3) 2 pvc cone type feeders

Winners will be picked randomly and announce on 23April

Like, comment, share and follow us: Survival Poultry Farm Services
| Facebook | LinkedIn | Instagram | Nairaland |

You can whatsap or call � 07062252747 ☎️07054283960 for more enquiries.

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pamcode(m): 12:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
Pls can someone give me the price of 25kg of broiler feed starter and finisher. Top/vita feed would be preferred.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kass1st: 2:34pm On Apr 27, 2019
Anyone interested in a plot of Land with three pens already constructed. Borehole done, poultry feeders and drinkers and a room/toilet for the farm manager. More so, feeders, drinkers , generator available. The property has a global C/O.

Kindly call 08067690359 weekends or WhatsApp weekdays.

Don’t miss it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.