Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,844 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:10 AM

Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG (40389 Views)

Hardship: Another Protest Erupts In Niger After Arrest Of 25 People / Another Protest Rocks Kano Over High Cost Of Living (Video) / Ahmed Lawan: Another Protest Looms If Unemployment Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by NiceMen: 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
leokid866:

lol....so seyis company is now Lagos State Electricity Board that installs and contols street lights poles in Lagos? you don't even know the agencies responsible for the things around you......you are definitely part of the fools that move in large crowds because they cannot think for themselves.......please make yourself useful and pick up a book......stupidity is a deadly disease that kills not only the body but destroys the mind.......and someone will one day call you daddy......I feel sorry for your family.
oga shut up... There picture of men who came to remove the cctv in front...

Ur likes disgust me. Just because u are benefitting from them one way or the other does not mean u will not join the queue tomorrow.

No empire last for ever...
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 10, 2021
AMINDA:

Please do, and keep an open mind while at it. Real victims of Police brutality in Lagos have been showing up at the panel including the sister of the notorious Evans The Kidnapper who lost her pregnancy during interrogation by the Police. The panel is expected to sit for six months and one month into its formation, it received about 80 petitions from victims of Police Brutality, but not even one petition from a victim or family member of the Lekki Toll Gate!

The excuse given by the protesters is that the government has threatened all the families into silence. Is this logical? Not even Mossad nor the KGB has the resources to threaten all parents, relatives, neighbors, friends, colleagues of a massacre simultaneously. But they will have us believe the Nigerian government with no database of citizens was able to pull that off. Let us be rational in our thoughts. DJ Switch who claimed she faced live bullets and even dropped dead bodies at the Soldiers' feet while asking them who sent them, is now so scared for her life that she can't come to the panel and is now seeking asylum in Canada. Is that plausible?

Don't know who you but let me just say it is clear you are one of those this forum could do with reading from regularly on issues that stirs up a lot of passion in Nigerian yet needs the input of informed and balanced contributors, like you, to help some see ways forward . Kudos.

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by realmiracleakab: 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
espn:
Oga is tinubu the only person in Nigeria? Is he the governor of all states? Past and present...haba let love lead. Forget the hate you have for him.
when you hear an idiot speak you will know is not hidden at all, so this is one
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Chyma231(m): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2021
[ you are a big fool !!!!! How many times will Nigerians protest in front of national assembly ]
U are very stupid, almost all Nigerians are victims of police brutality but that doesn't make us blind, lekki toll has nothing to do with endsars,sars and police are under fed govt, they should have protested at front of national assembly instead of blocking motorists from going about their business, [/quote]
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Ayomi90: 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2021
jcmaiah:

Akụkọ. Go and take a proper survey and come back. I repeat less than 0.5% of shops in Lagos belongs to Yorubas. I did not say indigenes. I said yoruba. Its only in Lagos a full fledged man will have Omonile or whatever they call as full time job!
Village man thinking, so u own the mumu statistic of urs 99.5% of shops in Lagos. Lol

U buy shops with the land bah? Village man, I even tot am quoting a sensible person, u own shops more than those that own the land. Ogunfe

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Trogge: 1:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lehadeh:

Your over development in Lagos don choke us already. E too much. Pls let’s extend it to other places so they can be developed as well
. Rome wasn't built in a day. . Have mercy on us we would go to our state, and country in respectively.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by espn(m): 1:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
NiceMen:
my point, people like you are the ones aiding the system and the system does not care whether you support them or not... It will get to you. Wait for your turn.

Who gives a fork about manners? Does manner pay my bills?

You just opened your mouth and say peoome should go back to their state... That is a racist word.

I am sick and tired of people like you should know better to stand on the side of the masses but no, you chose to be racist idiot.

Like I said, the injustice by the system is enough to go round... A shiite member was a staunch buharist and he celebrated what Buhari was doing until they came for him and his family, killed them like rat and buried them in a shallow grave... Him, his wife, his kid, and the mother or father I can't recall.

If you doubt this, ask for a link and I will send it your way. The guy narrated his last minute ordeals until the end.

Like I said, the injustice is enough to go round. Even your almighty Tinubu will not be spared.
Tinubu again?
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by pacespot(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
EzeAro:

You can come find out on Saturday, are you a would-be miscreant?

Nobody has a monopoly of violence, nobody has a monopoly of firearms sad
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Lehadeh: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2021
Trogge:
. Rome wasn't built in a day. . Have mercy on us we would go to our state, and country in respectively.
The issue why people are shouting is because the protest will be hijacked again by some people. Pdp can hijack it do destroy properties in Lagos, some nurtw faction who aren’t loyal to oluomo can hijack it just to get back at Lagos state and destroy lot of properties
That’s why people don’t want another protest at lekki toll gate for now
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by EzeAro: 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
pacespot:

Nobody has a monopoly of violence, nobody has a monopoly of firearms sad
Yes nobody has a monopoly of madness, so make sure you don't come an inch or two close to a man's hard earned means of livelihood.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Pacesetter123(m): 2:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
OneTemplate:

I am a fan of peaceful and effective means of protest that does not disrupt lives or cause chaos.

I think Nigerian leaders have it too easy and should be held to account far more. Nonetheless protests still need to be meaningful and relevant in direct response to wrongful action or ledership/administrative misrule.

Tell me what wrong has been done to justify a new round of protest at the Lekki tollgate even if peaceful? I ask this as someone who supported the original #EndSARS protests and was prepared to join before it was hijacked by vested interests and politics.

Nigerians demanded #EndSARS. They did and they listened to demands of the protest organizers. They convened an inclusive panel at the behest of protest organizers that included representative Nigerians youths accepted could speak and act for them.

Now the same panel, agreed by #EndSARS protest organizers to act as arbitrator, has voted with majority agreeing that Lekki tollgate be handed back to LCC.

What exactly then is the new planned protest against the decision of the Lekki arbitration panel in aid of? Are protestors now telling us they too are dictatorial, as they tell us Nigerian leaders are, and are only willing to accept decisions they want and not that a free and fair democratic majority vote settles on?

Some. Protestors now have nowhere to hide. Their readiness to act undemocratically and lawlessly now expose them as mischief-makers with hidden and vested interests.

Even when their demands are being met they are shifting the goalposts showing that they were never sincere to begin with and that the end of SARS and the end of misrule was not their real aim to begin with .
Thank you once again for your response.
But I still have more questions to ask you.

(1)What was the terms and references of this panel?

(2)Was it set up by the government to ONLY look into the closure of the toll gate n determine whether to reopen it or not amist the controversy?

(3) Has the panel concluded it's work? Is the voting to reopen or not to reopen the toll gate their final report to the public?
If not,then why the rush when the investigation is still ongoing?

(4) Remember,there was an allegations of mass murder of the protesting youths at the venue in contention here by the Nigeria military.This panel, among other things,was to prove beyond reasonable doubt the authenticity of this allegations or it's otherwise.But in the event that it has not,up until now, been able to determine the culpability or innocency of the accused rushed to vote for the reopening of the toll gate leaving the weightier matter unattended to.
........ don't you think that the organizers of the#endsars protest feel that they are being deceived, cajoled n played over their intelligence,hence, the planned second protest?

(5) As a constituted authority or government,is it in the best interest of democratic norms and principles to plan a counter protest or an attack on them should they actually come out that day to protest?
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by christistruth01: 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2021
pacespot:

But who elected those representatives into the judiciary panel inquiry, they were hand-picked by the government so they had to do the bidding of the government? Why isn't any concrete conclusion or conviction from the panel till today, who's deceiving who?

Please list the names of those shot dead at Lekki

It is obvious that nobody died at Lekki and that djswitch was working with IPOB

Djswitch and IPOB

18 Nov 2020 — A Biafran In Canada Community Association & D.J switch Testifies To Canadian's Human Right Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6pvjzIY4FQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FjDxe6G3co
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 10, 2021
Misterdhee1:

LOL, igbo intellectuals more than yoruba intellectuals? I really don't need to argue with you. You guys are still struggling to come to terms with being accepted as first class citizens in your own country, so it's okay for you to chest beat every now and then. That's one of the hallmarks of a defeated identity. No be today we dey follow igbos converse and we know whatsup - so no surprises here. In fact, igbos own 90% of the properties in the entire country and every igbo man is better than men from other tribes combined. It's also only igbos who have sense in Nigeria since na them own 99.50% of the schools in the country. Hope your self-esteem issues has been sorted? grin grin
First class citizen that has lost numerous communities to Fulani settlers is that one first class?
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ayomi90:

Village man thinking, so u own the mumu statistic of urs 99.5% of shops in Lagos. Lol

U buy shops with the land bah? Village man, I even tot am quoting a sensible person, u own shops more than those that own the land. Ogunfe
Go and claim the shop na. When your lazy ass rented them at ridiculous prices to fund your Owambe what were you thinking.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Farki: 3:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
BetaThings:

Who is to be shot - members of the armed forces?
Anyone can be shot while committing a crime

If you were the CO of any police formation, you would wait for more policemen to be killed?
At the Toll Gate or anywhere
The more policemen that are killed the greater the strength of criminals and the weaker that of the police

People gathered to defy a curfew 36 hours after criminals started killing policemen, more than 24hours after people started killing policemen
When crime is raging criminals are identified because they defy curfew while law-abiding citizens stay at home

Nobody can guarantee that people who were ready to kill policemen were not present at Lekki
When a crowd gathers, you can only speak for yourself. Different people have different intentions

By the way, how many people were shot at Lekki, 78? 15?
I refuse to believe that several Nigerian soldiers fired live bullets at a crowd for more than 1 hour and only 78 people died

Go and check the record of lone mass shooters. Stephen Paddock single-handedly killed 58 people in 15 mins

You are simply too dumb or obsessed with your political party to comprehend appropriate use of force.

The punishment for defying a curfew made specifically to undermine the right to protest is not death.

Kindly get lost because your senseless rants just show how you want to keep Nigeria as an underdeveloped laughing stock, I really pity whatever children you may have.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by laudate: 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
OneTemplate:
Guy, grow up and start showing maturity. One of the qualities of an adult is the ability to make decisions that is in the interest of what is best for all.

A representative panel was constituted over the Lekki tollgate saga to include youths representatives. The decision to handover the tollgate to LCC was put to the vote.

Those who wanted the tollgate handed over to LCC won 5 to 4. As an adult you must learn to abide by democratic decisions which is the will of the majority even if you dont agree with choices made. You can't chose which decisions to accept or reject merely to suit your sentimental and immature approach to life.

Also, proper adults understand it is important to separate issues so we can see things clearly. Justice for victims has nothing to do with whether the tollgate is opened or remains shut.

It is about establishing culpability , if any, and bringing wrongdoers to book. I am sorry to say but you Nigerian youths are very disappointing. You can't think critically , you dont appear to have the intellectual 'robustness' your peers worldwide do and you can never see all sides of the coin let alone have the ability to be fair to all. LCC (Lagos concession company) shot no one.

The tollgate was legally and contractually conceded to them under a BOT deal. Some of us live in adult worlds where we understand we must respect contracts and legal obligations and not be emotional about every single thing.

Anyone not happy about the transparent votes that handed the tollgate to LCC , when names of those who voted and how they voted was announced publicly, should go to court as the article advised. Only lawless anarchists will be protesting at the tollgate when other Avenues exist to seek redress for whatever decisions they are unhappy with.

The same concession of Lekki-Epe Toll Gate and expressway, that Lagos State Government bought back in 2013 and paid off all the bills associated with it?? Or is it the Lekki-Ikoyi toll bridge that was constructed entirely with tax payers money??

You people sabi defend rubbbish, shá.

Not one penny has even been accounted for, by Lagos State Government, when it comes to daily collections at that Toll Gate.

Nobody knows how much is collected. Nobody knows how much is expended. It is a bottomless pit of funds that LASG turns over regularly for the personal use of a few politicians.

And yet, you are supporting this anomaly? Chai!! How sad.

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by seanet02: 4:10pm On Feb 10, 2021
laudate:

The same concession of Lekki-Epe Toll Gate and expressway, that Lagos State Government bought back in 2013 bad paid off all the bills associated with it?? Or is it the Lekki-Ikoyi toll bridge that was constructed entirely with tax payers money??

You people Sabi defended rubbbish, shá.

Not one penny has even been accounted for by Lagos State Government when it comes to that Toll Gate.

Nobody knows how much is collected. Nobody knows how much is expended. It is a bottomless pit of funds that LASG turns over regularly for the personal use of a few politicians.

And yet, you are supporting this anomaly? Chai!! How sad.
Please don't speak with much confidence you seem to have half knowledge about.
What Lagos state bought back was the LCC.
LCC was initially owned by Lagos.
The reason for buying back the place is to ensure Lagos owns the LCC after the end of the loan repayment.
And do not say nobody knows how much has been collected; more than two human rights lawyers have written to Lagos to the ministry of finance on the issue and were replied on its status.
There is nothing to hide about; even Lagos state house of assembly once did same.
I have not posted in nairaland for long, I only replied you because you are a very reasonable and respectable person.
There is no anomaly anywhere
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by kogi2010: 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2021
brother were u at the protest? did you witness any killing? im here in kano when boko haram attached kano dere was blood every were how comes dere was no blood at the toll gate, u see my friend I don't support lies dey hate tinubu because of his integrity

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by VaselineCrew: 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2021
seanet02:

Please don't speak with much confidence you seem to have half knowledge about.
What Lagos state bought back was the LCC.
LCC was initially owned by Lagos.
The reason for buying back the place is to ensure Lagos owns the LCC after the end of the loan repayment.
And do not say nobody knows how much has been collected; more than two human rights lawyers have written to Lagos to the ministry of finance on the issue and were replied on its status.
There is nothing to hide about; even Lagos state house of assembly once did same.
I have not posted in nairaland for long, I only replied you because you are a very reasonable and respectable person.
There is no anomaly anywhere

why are we paying N250 to pass a road that doesn't even have LANES, common lanes

go to third mainland bridge, and see how lanes are painted from start to finish, and you get to use it FREE
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by VaselineCrew: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2021
what is so special about this road, that they are charging people per pass?

ordinary lanes, they have no re painted for years now

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by gentledecency: 4:56pm On Feb 10, 2021
why some people are so myopic on issues of outmost concern, so the protest is for Tinubu now, thats why we africa are unreasonable because you are gaining from him,for so called protect lagos bra bra only the gullible, wicked and betrayers unpatriotic, will join this shamble with there mere threat, protest must continue until our leaders do the right thing, I know the law is made for a common man in this country, but not for political leaders.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Ayomi90: 4:56pm On Feb 10, 2021
jcmaiah:

Go and claim the shop na. When your lazy ass rented them at ridiculous prices to fund your Owambe what were you thinking.
F00l owambe is paining u nw? If dem born ur papa well make he no send his 2years rent then u see how he will be shown the way to Abia state.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by oyatz(m): 5:03pm On Feb 10, 2021
Shelumiel:
I am online and not in Lagos oga. And mind you, supporting old wicked men like Tinubu will not give your generation the freedom they desire. Rather you will be selling yourself and your unborn children to slavery.

Peace

This is a democracy sir.

Give freedom to your generation and leave others alone to support whoever they like.

Being autocratic against others doesn't make you anyway better than those you are condemning.

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by oyatz(m): 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
Shelumiel:
Oga, hate and truth are two different things. And I am telling the truth and you know it: Tinubu is an old wicked man who you should not try and support because you will only be destroying your opportunity for a better life.

The more the #EndSARS people, Sympathizers of the opposition and the children of hatred are dragging Tinubu into every matter, they will eventually cast him into a victim with tribal colouration and this will elicit sympathy for him, causing many people who would have been otherwise neutral to close ranks and rally round behind him.

Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Shelumiel: 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2021
oyatz:

The more the #EndSARS people, Sympathizers of the opposition and the children of hatred are dragging Tinubu into every matter, they will eventually cast him into a victim with tribal colouration and this will elicit sympathy for him, causing many people who would have been otherwise neutral to close ranks and rally round behind him.
[/s]This is a greedy yoruba man's mentality. It is this sort of mentality that has put the whole Nigeria into the mess it is today.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by ariesbull: 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
OneTemplate:

Thank you. We are happy with our "slum". Pikin no fine but im genuine mama love am just like genuine Lagosians love Lagos regardless of how haters like you malign the State.

That is the difference between those who genuinely love Lagos and you envious and malevolent haters always looking to attack the State directly or in sly and crafty ways.

You can never win. Lagos will continue to thrive and lead by example as the premier, most cosmopolitan and most developed State in Nigeria by human, socio-economic and infrastructural indices. Haters like you can jump into the nearest lagoon.

One thing is that you can't claim ownership of Lagos ... The whole Nigerians and all tribes own Lagos.... Unless you are ready to fight them all
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by iammolise(m): 5:38pm On Feb 10, 2021
And who are these mofos supposed to be mtcheeew! undecided
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ayomi90:

F00l owambe is paining u nw? If dem born ur papa well make he no send his 2years rent then u see how he will be shown the way to Abia state.
We pay rents in advance of 5years. Money is not the problem. The problem is inheritance to buy. Almost every inheritance is now in the hands of my people. We have completely bought over all your inheritances and your government filled water and bought over again. We will keep buying them. As you are aware we have a constituency in lagos. Keep doing Owambe. At least we are nice unlike the fulani that seizes your land and still kill you. we pay what most of your people can never smell for swamps and make mansions out of it
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Trogge: 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2021
Lehadeh:

The issue why people are shouting is because the protest will be hijacked again by some people. Pdp can hijack it do destroy properties in Lagos, some nurtw faction who aren’t loyal to oluomo can hijack it just to get back at Lagos state and destroy lot of properties
That’s why people don’t want another protest at lekki toll gate for now
. View what happened at US the storming of capitol, the hudloms where arrested and the president was impeached. Cos it was related to him not winning. Who sent the soldiers to lekki No one is answerin. .... Head of the army who sent you He didn't tell us, first he said his men used rubber bullets, after that he said his men shot the sky not the protesters. And nothing has been done only for them to open the toll gate again. If Tunubu or Sonwo Olu son's or daughter died that day do you think he would let it slide. All life matters.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Afamed: 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2021
Shelumiel:
You want to protect Lagos but you do not want to get justice for those killed in the last ENDSARS protest abi? It seems this people sponsoring this move(PROTECT LAGOS) have been paid to silence the many voices crying out for a better standard of life for all
Seek for killing in Akwuzu in Anambra first. It happened under your Peter Obi where many lives were lost . Abi their life no matter to you ? Hypocrite
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by leokid866: 6:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
NiceMen:
oga shut up... There picture of men who came to remove the cctv in front...

Ur likes disgust me. Just because u are benefitting from them one way or the other does not mean u will not join the queue tomorrow.

No empire last for ever...
Dumbass it wasn't the Cctv they went to remove, it was the reader for the cars, the one that scans the cars with e.tags....one had already been damaged which prompted them to go remove it... I know this for a fact because my company shares the same engineers with Seyis......and if it was the cameras they went to remove then where did LCC get the footage they played at the panel? please have sense and stop disgracing us......because this is how you will carry your foolishness to another country and be given them the perception Nigerians are fools.....please stop it.
Re: Stage Another Protest In Lekki And Get Kicked - ALEG by Ayomi90: 6:44pm On Feb 10, 2021
jcmaiah:

We pay rents in advance of 5years. Money is not the problem. The problem is inheritance to buy. Almost every inheritance is now in the hands of my people. We have completely bought over all your inheritances and your government filled water and bought over again. We will keep buying them. As you are aware we have a constituency in lagos. Keep doing Owambe. At least we are nice unlike the fulani that seizes your land and still kill you. we pay what most of your people can never smell for swamps and make mansions out of it
Ahah, every inheritance, stay in d village keep fooling yourself. Your people ar in 4by4 shops, where you have like 16 Igbo relatives living inside one shop sleeping on each other. The inheritance you can't have in your village is that what you want to have in Yoruba land? Aside from celebrities that are Igbo's every other Igbo that says he own any property in Lagos is lying,

They come to d village every year to lie to your type. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

David Cameron Describes Nigeria As A Fantastically Corrupt Country / Murdered Bridget Agbaheme's Head Was Intact - Police / I Was Diagnosed With ‘Aggressive’ Breast Cancer– Diezani Denies Being On The Run

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89