Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? (2247 Views)

Mother Abandons A Newborn Baby In An Uncompleted Building In Kaduna (photos) / 23-year-old Mom Made History With A Birth That Only Happens Every 480 Years / Man Pictured Breastfeeding His Newborn Baby. Is This Healthy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by Benbobola(m): 8:13am On Feb 10, 2021
Hi guys. My wife gave birth to a newborn 2 weeks ago ..Yaay! Pls does anyone here know how I can get a birth certificate for the baby? Where and how do I apply? Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by Asquare84(m): 8:14am On Feb 10, 2021
Benbobola:
Hi guys. My wife gave birth to a newborn 2 weeks ago ..Yaay! Pls does anyone here know how I can get a birth certificate for the baby? Where and how do I apply? Thanks

Was she giving birth at home
Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by illicit(m): 8:44am On Feb 10, 2021
Go to National population Commission....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by Oizee(f): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2021
go back to the hospital and request for it, you will be required to give The baby details, like names and date of birth, then ur name and ur wife's name too

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by femi214: 10:26am On Feb 10, 2021
Go to any local government near you, ask for where you can register for birth certificate.
It's free but they might collect up to 500naira.
Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by Benbobola(m): 7:35am On Feb 12, 2021
Asquare84:

Was she giving birth at home
No, she did in a Hospital
Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by Asquare84(m): 8:43am On Feb 12, 2021
Benbobola:

No, she did in a Hospital

she can get the birth certificate from the hospital
Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by arasayar(m): 9:22am On Feb 12, 2021
Congratulations! Get a notification of birth from the hospital where the baby was delivered. Subsequently go to the national population commission NPC office close to you who will use the notification of birth issued at the hospital to prepare a birth certificate for the baby, its free.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by kenlolly75: 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2021
Benbobola:
Immunization Center, especially the government hospital. It's between 200-500 naira.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by ABOVEDELAW: 5:59am On Feb 13, 2021
YOU CAN GET IT FROM THE HOSPITAL OF BIRTH AT NO EXTRA COST.
Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 13, 2021
Go to a general hospital.
Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by nanauju(f): 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2021
Abeg just go to any local government around you, ask of national population commission. They will show you their office.
Shouldn't be more than 500 naira because as at 2017 it was 200
Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by Benbobola(m): 5:19am On Jun 19, 2021
Thanks all. I did go to National Population Commission and it's still 200 naira.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by illicit(m): 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2021
Benbobola:
Thanks all. I did go to National Population Commission and it's still 200 naira.

That's interesting

How is the child?
Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by Benbobola(m): 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
illicit:

That's interesting

How is the child?
He's fantastic bro. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by alwayspositive8: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
Please did they as you for any documents and where is there office located in lagos. Thanks
Benbobola:
Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by Benbobola(m): 3:51am On Sep 22, 2021
alwayspositive8:
Please did they as you for any documents and where is there office located in lagos. Thanks
I had it done in ibadan and they did not require any documentation since it's for a new born. That is his first document. They just filled in all the information we told them.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A Birth Certificate For A Newborn? by alwayspositive8: 6:29am On Sep 22, 2021
Okay and many thanks
Benbobola:

I had it done in ibadan and they did not require any documentation since it's for a new born. That is his first document. They just filled in all the information we told them.

(1) (Reply)

For Nairaland Men Only!! / Perverted Brother In-law / 10 Sisters You Will Find In Every Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.