Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,779 members, 7,806,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari (15344 Views)

Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari / Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project-buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 08, 2011
the guy no get shame at all
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by chamber2(m): 5:03am On Apr 08, 2011
I still wonder why some people keep supporting this dead man called Buhari. When the entire world is canvassing for a new generation of leaders with digital minds,some people are here dragging us back to the 80s. As former president Julius Kambarage Nyerere of Tanzania would put it,''as others plan to reach the moon we plan to reach our village.''Buhari is not fit to be Nigerian president no matter the yardstick you use in measuring it. Nigerians should vehemently resist any of these military-civilian politicians who have lost their sense of usefulness. Why would someone cancel a laudable project like this if i may ask? He seems not to know the underlying benefits anyways.

Anybody supporting Buhari does not mean well for the Nigerian youths.The money Buhari spends on election campaigns could have been used to set up industries to employ our unemployed youths.At his level i least expected him to start dragging political positions with the likes of Ribadu etc.It's only in a country where the elites see political positions as the only means of survival that the likes of Buhari would still want to cling to power.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by efisher(m): 6:38am On Apr 08, 2011
Gbam!
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 08, 2011
Kobojunkie, do you realize how annoying you can be at times?? If you don't believe this and you weren't born then, why don't you just ask your father, mother, uncle or any member of your family who were born then??

The way you attack clear evidences and records is portraying you in bad light, babe! You want to be seen as objective but you are damn opposite.

Please make sense for once!!!

I personally avoid all her posts like a plague after I discern how she plays herself up as one intelligent woman,by asking questions and looking for evidence like a 3 year old girl.She cant come out to tell you anything intelligent in the course of an arguement but keep asking you for evidence even if you get more from the graveyard.She started this idea that Jonathan has been in power for 12 years forgetting that her Dictator(Buhari was also in power since the days of the Coup of Murtala Mohammed through the days of Abacha(over 30 years without any achievement)So if you want to have any intellectual discuss here,number one rule is to avoid KOBOJUNKIE posts and responses
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Olokode: 6:47am On Apr 08, 2011
Buhari's reason for the cancellation can at best be summed up to mean that he cancelled the project because of the effect of the economic adversities of those days. Howevever, what he ignorantly failed to consider is the fact the metroline project was indeed initiated as a response cum solution to the very economic woes he acted on account of. Simply-put, he, literarilly, ended up beheading a man afflicted by headache in a bid to cure him of headache.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by efisher(m): 7:00am On Apr 08, 2011
Olokode, you made a very strong point there. Buhari has always shown that he lacks the capacity to make the right decisions. He doesn't have the right tools either. Beheading the man with a headache is a very good analogy.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by seguno2: 8:35am On Apr 08, 2011
Olokode:

Buhari's reason for the cancellation can at best be summed up to mean that he cancelled the project because of the effect of the economic adversities of those days. Howevever, what he ignorantly failed to consider is the fact the metroline project was indeed initiated as a response come solution to the very economic woes he acted on account of. Simply-put, he, literarilly, ended up beheading a man afflicted by headache in a bid to cure him of headache.

Thanks for the apt analogy that clearly shows the daftness of the bully & brute that we once had the misfortune of being our military Head fo State through a violent overthrow of a democratically elected government.
Up till today, the clueless old man's only manifesto point is to jail all corrupt people YET he has been funded by Muhammed Abacha, CPC governorship candidate for Kano and whose daddy, General Buhari said did not steal our money despite the millions seized from his foreign accounts.
Does anyone know or can imagine the life earnings of a military officer who rose to the rank of General vis-a-vis the amounts seized from Abacha's accounts?
Buhari is a pretentious tyrant who has succeded in fooling some people lately because he beguilely chose Bakare, the lawyer turned pastor turned politician as his running mate.
This same anti-corruption Buhari had Chuba Okadigbo and Ume-Ezeoke as running mates in 2003 and 2007. What shameless hypocrisy from the supposed man of integrity.

[size=18pt]BB = Bad Belle people[/size]
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by texazzpete(m): 8:37am On Apr 08, 2011
chamber2:

I still wonder why some people keep supporting this dead man called Buhari. When the entire world is canvassing for a new generation of leaders with digital minds,some people are here dragging us back to the 80s. As former president Julius Kambarage Nyerere of Tanzania would put it,''as others plan to reach the moon we plan to reach our village.''Buhari is not fit to be Nigerian president no matter the yardstick you use in measuring it. Nigerians should vehemently resist any of these military-civilian politicians who have lost their sense of usefulness. Why would someone cancel a laudable project like this if i may ask? He seems not to know the underlying benefits anyways.

Anybody supporting Buhari does not mean well for the Nigerian youths.The money Buhari spends on election campaigns could have been used to set up industries to employ our unemployed youths.At his level i least expected him to start dragging political positions with the likes of Ribadu etc.It's only in a country where the elites see political positions as the only means of survival that the likes of Buhari would still want to cling to power.

LMAO!
Where exactly are the 'new generation of leaders with digital minds' in this election? Is it Ribadu or GEJ who are exactly as old fashioned as their peers in the race? If you can show any cogent example of GEJ being  a leader with 'digital mind' I will agree with you. Please do no mention Facebook here as an example.
This is not about doing something just for doing sake. People MUST focus on the outcomes of their action. Voting in a younger fellow who will not deliver is far worse than voting in an older guy who can deliver the goods.

At the end of the day, I'd much rather beat my chest and tell my daughter i voted in someone who made a difference than tell her in 2011 I voted a man just because he is in his '50s.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by texazzpete(m): 8:39am On Apr 08, 2011
@Topic
I hope one day we can see a topic on Nairaland with the PDP explaining how they failed to fix our refineries, improve our power supply and repair our roads in over 12 years (and 30 Trillion Naira expenditure).
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by seguno2: 8:48am On Apr 08, 2011
aletheia:

“The grounds on which Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters, records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future.” - Wole Soyinka

Buhari supporters need to ask their parents and uncles/aunties about life under the maximum dictator with WAI, NNSC, mass importation (despite his lame excuse that recession made him cancel Lagos metro line) etc in case they were not around at the time.
Alagbara ma l'ero, baba ole - a strong man without brains is worse than a lazy man (as he will destroy so much thinking he is building and misleading fickle minded ones also to think that he is building)

[size=18pt]Africa does not need great leaders (brutes & bullies). It needs great institutions (equitable law & order). - Barack Obama[/size]
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by sunayo(m): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday took the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), General Muhammadu Buhari to task over the latter’s reason for cancelling the Lagos Metro Line project 27 years ago when he was Head of State.

President Jonathan asked Buhari to “come clean” on the real reasons for cancelling the project as Nigeria forfeited a whopping $60 million, which was part of the loan that had been paid by the Alhaji Lateef Jakande administration before Buhari toppled the civilian government in December 1983.

Jonathan, who spoke through the Media and Publicity Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Council (PCC) in a statement issued yesterday, said Buhari was economical with the truth about the cancellation of the contract and only gave “a specious political excuse” for dumping the project.

The CPC candidate had while speaking to his political associates in Lagos on Wednesday said the project was cancelled because his government did not want to take more loans nor devalue the naira.
His explanation was, however, a repudiation of that earlier offered by his spokesperson, Mr Yinka Odumakin, who said Buhari knew nothing about the cancellation and that it was the military governor of the state at the time, the late Gbolahan Mudashiru, who unilaterally cancelled the contract.

“Sadly though, Buhari is all too economical with the facts. His spokesman, Mr Yinka Odumakin (said) a few weeks ago that Buhari knew nothing about the cancellation and that it was the late Gbolahan Mudashiru who unilaterally cancelled the contract. But, Buhari has categorically repudiated Mr. Odumakin’s poorly concocted lies.

“But was Gen. Buhari himself telling the whole truth? The facts seem to point at a culture of lying at the CPC. Why would Odumakin lie against the dead? Was Buhari unaware of the huge penalty clause in the contract? So wherein stands his fib about avoiding loans? “We are appalled by this singular act that has compounded the traffic problems of Lagos, the seat of Nigeria’s economy. Gen Buhari needs to rehash a better tale.”

The PCC added that Buhari was just trying to score cheap political points and was being clever-by-half when he said the project was terminated because of financing issues. It also accused the CPC candidate of contempt for the people of Lagos, wondering why he just found his voice to speak on the issue almost 30 years after the contract was terminated. “Firstly, the project, which was initiated by the administration of Alhaji Lateef Jakande, was going on smoothly and on schedule before the coup-d’état by General Buhari. The project would no doubt have been completed on time if not for General Buhari’s coup and the transportation nightmare Lagosians face today would not have existed.

“The visionary Jakande administration had concluded all the plans to finance the project, putting everything in place for its successful execution. The government had secured a $450 million loan at six per cent fixed interest rate for 25 years. At the time the project was cancelled the government had paid part of the loan and therefore had no worry about financing the project.

“What Buhari failed to tell his Lagos audience was that with the short-sighted termination of the project, Nigeria forfeited a whopping $60 million, part of the loan that had been paid by the previous government. Buhari took that decision arbitrarily in spite of being warned of the consequences.

BUHARI IS A LIAR, EXTREMIST AND SECTIONAL.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2011
I have passionately and zealously supported the BB ticket. In my office and at home, am a BB campaigner having extolled their honesty to the high heavens. Even my father whose contract sum awarded by the NPN government was reduced by the Buhari regime supports the man for his honesty.
However in my humble opinion based on this information I am withdrawing my support for the Buhari Bakare ticket.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Xfactoria: 9:15am On Apr 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

First and foremost, there is absolutely no data to support any claim that States/FG stopped ALL projects in Nigeria back in 1982-85 periods. And even out in Chicago, we did not Stop all projects -- we simply held back on most of the projects that would require us borrowing more than we can right now.  Get the difference?
I am sorry, it is so easy to make such claims when you are yourself not directly affected . . .  ROFLMAO!!! Tell that to the taxpayers in chicago today who already pay some of the highest taxes in the country, and are sick and tired of paying interest on loans. School funding is being cut to save money for other projects, we have debated the issue of borrowing more but we simply cannot to dig the whole deeper as we need to get out act right, now and not after borrowing for yet another project that will supposedly get us out of this hole. How do you think we got here in the first place?   undecided undecided grin cheesy grin cheesy  Tell that to the taxpayers in places like Iceland, Greece, Ireland etc

Now ofcourse, 10/20/30 years from now, some dingbat is going to wake up, and pretend we the situation we are in today matters for not -- and maybe start accusing the mayor, and maybe the people of chicago, of making the wrong decision. The truth is, for now, this decision is the best for us, and as a tax payer, I am happy, the state did not choose to increase my tax burden, all so that in some future, we will enjoy rail. What about the cost of such a burden on our now?

Hiss!! cheesy grin grin cheesy grin

Any who, I still think it is best to wait until the details of this is revealed before we jump to sully the reputation of the one man who I know for a fact did a whole lot for Lagos state.

Prince12, Moves, Beaf et al:

I think you guys should just ignore this junkie girl. Even if you present all documents to her, she will still ask you if you are sure it is not from Oluwole. Check all her posts on NL to see that she is always about pointless and irritating arguments. Please just ignore her.

She stays in the US and knows no jack about Nigeria more than what she reads here on NL.

About Buhari's cancellation: It just underscores the reason why any sane Nigerian will not entrust the leadership of our country at this time to Buhari.

I really think all the people against Jonathan are either not supporting the guy because they have a personal hatred for his backers like OBJ or they erroneously think that PDP is the problem with Nigeria. I have always said it that for a party that controls 28 of out 36states, it is not unexpected to have all sorts of unscrupulous elements there. ACN has just four states and Tinubu is already harassing some of the Governors and imposing his families on the party. What if they now have 28 like PDP? I can bet my life that they will fare worse. Go and ask Pastor Adeboye how many cases of scandals by RCCG Pastors he treats in a day and how many of such cases he treated when the size of the church was manageable in the early 90s.

Buhari is a pretender who has not repented bigotry. He said he will probe government spending since 1999. The question is why from 1999? Why not from August 1985?
Why won't he probe IBB, Abacha and Abdulsalam? Oh, I forgot he said Abacha never stole money.

I do not think GEJ has so much weight of human rights abuses, abuse of power, nepotism, bigotry, ethnocentricism, treason and murder hanging on his neck like Buhari. It is really pathetic that Buhari still find followership in this country. I weep for our country.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by seguno2: 9:17am On Apr 08, 2011
texazzpete:

@Topic
I hope one day we can see a topic on Nairaland with the PDP explaining how they failed to fix our refineries, improve our power supply and repair our roads in over 12 years (and 30 Trillion Naira expenditure).

You may start off by stating how clueless tyrant Buhari failed to fix our refineries, improve our supply and repair our roads first as supreme military head fo sate and secondly as PTF Chairman, running a parallel government without oversight on behalf of his main friend late General Sanni Abacha.
Btw, TP, do you remember if Buhari criticised Abacha's bad government and overwhelming human rights abuse and discrimination towards southerners during his five-year (1993-1998) reign of terror
I definitely remember OBJ and the senior Yar'adua risking their lives to stand with the people and against the dark-glasses-wearing modern day tyrant.
So much for courageous, integrity, honest Buhari who is so full of hypocrisy that it stinks to high heavens.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by JimmyBoy1: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2011
I keep repeating that  people supporting additional debts in the face of dwindling economic  fortunes  are either ignorant  or mischievous. 84-85 was a period when price of crude oil in a monoproduct economy was at its lowest .

Did you not see what happened to several developed economies like Greece,Ireland and now portugal. Portuguese president had to resign two weeks ago, due to refusal of the legislature to approve an austerity budget instead of begging  EU for loans. Certainly most of you guys  do not know jerk about Economics and Finance. Would you have prefered the mess that happened to Ireland to happen in Nigeria, where the country was unable to meet their obligations to bondholders( I hope you guys understand these terms). It took the magnanimty of of bouyant EU members, to keep these countries running as a state.

Between someone who refused to borrow for a project even if it was wrong to do so and the person who has spent billions and  and nothing to show for it, whom should we stone to death?. I am now convinced that some of you guys are beneficiaries of PDP looting.

You better start packing  bags, becuase BB is coming to clean out corruption with Vacuum Cleaners, not even brooms.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 08, 2011
Buhari is simply a bad news for business. He thinks that governance is all about whipping people to conform to his standards without thinking about the big picture. It is sad that a lot of people are just been myopic with what the real issues are, let's say that Buhari is not a corrupt man, what are his administrative credentials?

As a head of state Tunde Idaigbon was the power behind the throne, he was the the figure head chairman of the PTF while Afri-projects ran the show. Now in a bid to neutralise his shortcomings as a perceived religious extremist he pick a pastor (with neither political nor business experience) as his running mate. They may do well at fighting 'corruption' but what about the economy? I see them reversing everything that the present administration has achieved economic wise just to prove a pointless point.

The BB ticket is bad for business and the Nigerian economy at large.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by efisher(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2011
True word Goodyness, you have said it all.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by jaybee(f): 9:37am On Apr 08, 2011
@ OP

[size=16pt]IS THAT WHY GEJ CANCELLED THE DREDGING OF RIVER NIGER ?[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-638748.288.html#msg8074412
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Sarahluv(f): 9:49am On Apr 08, 2011
The cancellation of the project was a great disservice to Nigerians as Lagos is a home to all Nigerians. This excuse shows that the man had a very acute case of myopia.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by damoche07(m): 9:57am On Apr 08, 2011
Buhari oversaw about 900BILLION Naira,I man 900 Billion Naira and he is still this poor?
Jonathan met $33 BILLION Naira and have spent $27BILLION in just 7 months.
Ribadu said Turaki stole N36Billion Naira,yet he raised his hand up during his campaigns.
Which would u choose?
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by nagoma(m): 10:02am On Apr 08, 2011
Goodyness, "reversing everything that this administration has achieved, " you are really flattering these crooks and happy go lucky honorables and excellencies in PDP. The details of their achievement is - nothing, nil, zero, naught, null,non existent, nihility,nix ,zilch, aught!

The damage they have caused are still inflicting on the country however, is not measurable and is far reaching.

The purposeful leadership of BB is what we want. We have always had experts in all fields, what is lacking is the leadership to get these experts working for the future of Nigeria. We trust that Buhari and Bakare will provide the transparent leadership required by Nigerians. Leaders that will utilize the Nigerian intelligentsia in country and in the diaspora positively giving goals and targets and achiving greatness , it is not too late. I have a dream!

GEJ cannot and will not do it. he is owned, he is pocessed by the PDP crooks and does not have the will or the guts.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by JimmyBoy1: 10:03am On Apr 08, 2011
Sarahluv:

The cancellation of the project was a great disservice to Nigerians as Lagos is a home to all Nigerians. This excuse shows that the man had a very acute case of myopia.

Sarah darling, I know you are not one of the nieces to PDP looters, but let us reason together?

The mypopic guy  wrongly cancelled a project, but your money still stays in the treasury, the  PDP guys  went ahead  to disburse your billions for power, roads e.t.c. but after 12 years you still dont have these things but your money has grown wings and flown out of the  treasury.

Which one of them makes you to be better-off?
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by JimmyBoy1: 10:05am On Apr 08, 2011
damoche07:

Buhari oversaw about 900BILLION Naira,I man 900 Billion Naira and he is still this poor?
Jonathan met $33 BILLION Naira and have spent $27BILLION in just 7 months.
Ribadu said Turaki stole N36Billion Naira,yet he raised his hand up during his campaigns.
Which would u choose?

They dare not answer?
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by naso2(m): 10:24am On Apr 08, 2011
My problem with these BB fans is that in an attempt to present Buhari as infallible, they are messing the guy up the more. The truth remains that this explanation from Buhari coming after 27yrs is still lame.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by LSU: 10:26am On Apr 08, 2011
Do you honestly trust this guy?

Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by olugbemi4u: 10:29am On Apr 08, 2011
1. He is an oligarch who does not believe in equality before the law. The way he jailed Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo, Ambrose Ali, Pa Adekunle Ajasin, Chief Ayo Ojewumi on cases that had no foundation and allowed Awwal Ibrahim, the then Niger State governor, who was arrested in Heathrow Airport in London with 14 million pounds sterling and several millions of Niara and dollars to be put under house arrest is my evidence. He also allowed Shehu Kangiwa, Sokoto State Governor who conducted and supervised the famous Bakolori Massacre of poor peasant farmers who's land were appropriated without compesation to remain under house arrest.

1(a) Ayo Ojewumi became blind as a result of his imprisonment over false charges and died shortly after.

1 (b) Prof. Ambrose Alli also became blind as a result of this false imprisonment. When he died, he had only one undeveloped plot of land to his name.

1© Pa Adekule Ajasin was never the same after his eventual release and remained sickly for the rest of his life. Whe he died, he never had any property anywhere in the world except the one he had built from his sweat as long term teacher and school principal in Owo township.

2. He put in place a retroactive law that killed three men, innocent men in my book, by public execution.

3. He jailed Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian on stories that were factually true under Decree 4. He had told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.

4. He supervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash through the MMA against the protests of General Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku, the then Director General of the Customs who later became the Vice President and a compromised politician himself. This smuggling of the suit cases was supervised by his ADC, Col. Mustapha Jokolo.

5. He jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under an emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to the late musician. It was Buhari's administration that said it has "decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all."

6. He convinced all the northern political leaders against allowing the National Identity Card program because according to him, this would unravel the myth of a Northern population majority

7. He is an Islamic fundamentalist, the Bin Laden of Nigeria, who told his northern followers never to vote for anyone who was not a muslim.

8. He is a coup plotter.

9. He has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the 20 billion Naira of the Petroleum Trust Fund of which he was the chairman under Sani Abacha.
9(a) He has not been able to point to any project that he prosecuted outside the Northern Nigeria with the so-caled trust fund.

10. He was in full support of all the atrocities of Sani Abacha against the Nigerian people. There is no single record of his criticism of Sani Abacha during those dark days when Nigeria was on precipice. It shows that he is a patriot of convenience and as such unfit to lead the country.

11. Buhari, as part of his tribalistic practices placed President Shagari under house arrest inside a palatial mansion in Ikoyi while he locked up Shagari's Vice, Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri Prison. Shagari is Hausa/Fulani like him while Alex Ekwueme is an Igboman.

12. Ikemba Emeka Ojukwu, another Igboman who returned from 13years exile just a little over a year then was as well locked up in KiriKiri Prison by mean-hearted Buhari.Up till today we are not told what was Emeka's offence.

13. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for immediate medical attention.The then Governor of Ogun State,Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.

14. Buhari ransacked the house of our late sage, Obafemi Awolowo and confisticated his International passport. Which civilized democratic society would elect the likes of Buhari as President,the same individual who overthrew an elected President? Never!

15. Plus Buhari having Sam Mbakwe in jail, went for one of Mbakwe's wives. He established himself again for what he was/is letting Mbakwe receive in jailhouse news of the death of another of Mbakwe's two wives. One (I can't remember his name now; Odenigbo?) also died in jail.

16. Buhari's henchman and sponsor, CPC governorship candidate for Kano State, is Mohammed Abacha, the same person that had/ran a personal killing squad, coordinated the killing of Kudirat Abiola & attempted to kill Ibru; and also stashed money in underground tanks, all less than 13 years ago, Nigerians have very short selective memory. Shame

?17. Buhari discriminated against persons from other ethnic groups/faiths; and that as PTF Chairman, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem people at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the Nort, h. If in doubt read El Rufai's testimony where he wrote about Katsina boys who used the money they made at PTF to bankroll Yar'Adua's election in 1999.

18. Buhari is unforgiving. When he "took over" by coup in 1983, he even remembered an article written a very very long time ago by Bisi Onabanjo ('The Mallams are coming') and a later one in which Onabanjo wrote that people should watch out for that "gangly officer from the north" after Buhari gave a no holds barred speech at some Army functions where he was reported to be very openly pro Fulani and pro Islam to the exclusive of all else and also talked about termination of democratic rule. For that, Onabanjo got one of the harshest jail terms and treatments.

19. Buhari intolerance is worse than Obasanjo's. When he was adopted as the ANPP's candidate on the night of the party's Primaries without prior warning to the other candidates (and a few of them protested), Buhari got up and made a speech that those people must be disciplined. I subsequently saw him on BBC's "hard talk" and he frightened me and the interviewer with his archaic and fundamentalist intolerant views. His understanding and articulation is very much in doubt.

20. The evil genius, IBB and his crew similarly ran rings around Buhari. On the 10th anniversary of Abacha's demise, Buhari said that Abacha stole nothing from Nigeria! Despite millions of Dollars recovered from banks around the world and the Abacha family signing a formal agreement to return over $1 billion dollars, Buhari still said that Abacha's stealing remains an unproved allegation!!!! Why? Because Abacha set Buhari up like an emperor and let him use oil money from the Niger Delta to develop the North without supervision or questions.

21. Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Despite the fact that Buhari knew how inportant reconciliation is to the stability of democracy. Buhari has never apologised at anytime.

22. Buhari executed Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. and At the time Ogedengbe committed the crime it did not carry that punishment. If we must live as civilised citizens we must go by the rules. Article 11.2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights reads: "No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission WHICH DID NOT CONSTITUTE A PENAL OFFENCE, under national or international law at the time when it was committed. NOR SHALL A HEAVIER PUNISHMENT BE IMPOSED THAN THE ONE THAT WAS APPLICABLE AT THE TIME THE PENAL OFFENCE WAS COMMITTED. Killing people with retroactive laws is not the civilised thing to do - and for as long as we will have people who refuse to see the truth only because their heroes are inching to rule when they have not purged themselves we will continue to wallow in misery.
23. Let’s informed Buhari that Lateef Jakande’s $60 million metro rail project for Lagos, which he cancelled immediately after he over-threw the Second Republic, has now accumulated a debt profile of over $3 billion for Lagos State, making the state the most indebted state to Paris Club in the federation.
24 let also remind Buhari that Gbolahan Mudashiru, his Military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him on the clause in the contract agreement that would yoke the state to this debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally, and that he replied Mudashiru, that he didn’t care a damn.Though the fund for the execution of that project which would have given the people of Lagos an intra-city light train transport system would not have come from Buhari’s Supreme Military Council, General Buhari, as Military Head of State, cancelled this wonderful project of the state government, with ethnicity on his mind.
25. Let us again tell him that his action of jailing Dr Alex Ekwueme, then Nigeria’s vice president, from Anambra, and keeping President Shehu Shagari, from Sokoto State in a house arrest in Ikoyi was also ethnically fired.
26. So also was the shorter end of the stick he handed the South, as chair of Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), in the execution of projects.
27. Shagari’s regime (1979-1983), incurred Buhari’s wrath when it decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from the Midland Bank, London account of the Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation, (NNPC), during General Obasanjo’s era as military head of state that preceded Shagari’s. Dr. Olusola Saraki, Turaki of Ilorin, was the majority party leader of the Senate at the time and he headed the Senate Committee set up to trace the stolen money after some three years of clamour for such an investigation by members of the civil society. The money was traced to the Midland Bank London branch fixed account of Buhari, Obasanjo’s appointee as military head of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. The Committee’s report was presented to the Senate during the tail end of Shagari’s regime in 1983, so the House decided to deal with the matter soon after the 1983 general elections.
28. He locked up without trial, politicians and critics including Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, notorious for clamouring for the exposure of the oil money rogue. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked through his prodding as military ruler, for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at a Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.
29. Abacha rehabilitated Buhari with the chairmanship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) before he (Abacha) died in 1998. When Obasanjo returned to power in May 1999 as civilian president, he found that over 2.5 billion naira had not been properly accounted for in the PTF and that there was not much on the ground to show for the colossal expenditure the agency was claiming. On the day Obasanjo announced the scrapping of the PTF, a non-staff brother-in-law of the boss, allegedly serving as his conduit on some PTF projects, died suddenly from what appeared to be heart failure.
30. Buhari’s conflicting statements on the money laundering charges involving his ADC in 1984 on the 53 suit cases saga, has indicted him.
31. He should reveal to us his health status… Buhari at 69 yr old is a clear liability on Nigeria and Nigerians is Nigeria a health insurance scheme?
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by JimmyBoy1: 10:34am On Apr 08, 2011
na_so:

My problem with these BB fans is that in an attempt to present Buhari as infallible, they are messing the guy up the more. The truth remains that this explanation from Buhari coming after 27yrs is still lame.

Nobody said BB is infallible, Obama makes mistakes regularly just like any other human being, but you must have acted in good faith and the action ought not to  swell your wallet or that of your party members. Innocent mistakes are allowable.

But thieves can not enjoy such grace, I have heard several PDP cheiftains saying openly on TV that they stole or rigged but nobody touched them.

1. In Oyo state, Late Adedibu  said on TV that he impeached former Gov. Ladoja becuase he does not share the sate security vote with him.
2. When Joshua Dariye was arrested, he categorically stated that the money(N500m) was the money contributed as requested by the Party.
3. Uba said openely that they rigged Anambra elections, did anybody raised a finger against him?

So how can any sane person ask this party to continue to be at the center?

I am on my knees begging you guys, even if you dont like BB vote for any other person but not PDP
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by obongtunji: 10:48am On Apr 08, 2011
Buhari is a fanatic who is coverin up his evil deeds. How wil a man kickd against democracy & 2day he want democracy 2 embrace him. If dat metro project was 2 b in kano, he would hav signd it immediately.Let him xplain why PTDF project is everywhere in d north&no state in d South kan point @ wat they did. Afta watchin d NN24 presidential debate i fell in luv wit mallam Shekarau, dat man has vision&mission, he is nt a fanatic,a question was askd abt Hisbah(Islamic Police)& he anwserd convincly,satisfactorly&truthfuly. He has my vote,pls nairalandas he need ur vote.Shekarau is wat we need in dis country,blieve me he kan deliver. Vote ANPP.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by damoche07(m): 10:59am On Apr 08, 2011
Now guys let's talk like adults and intellectualsn,ehn.
U just took over power thru a BLOODLESS coup overthrowing someone from d SAME REGION.U were not so TRIBALISTIC to avoid overthrowin ur BROTHER. Prior to ur takin over,ther v been an unprecedent and mindless looting of d nation by the politicians overseen by a man with the same temperament like d current president.Shagari was 'gentle'and got to the position by luck-he wanted to be only a Senator until he was dragged in.
I apologise for d digression.
Now,u av taken over a country that was in chaos n the distrust of d politicains was palpable.u even punished some of them and attempted to instill discipline in all areas be it financial,ethics,environmental etc.It was in this kind of environment that a request to guarantee the mono rail line came.Would u allow that project to continue despite all the unclear circumstances.I want u guys to remember that Buhari was ruling from Lagos as at then?Mind u,Lagos was still the capital as at then.Its on record that OBJ cancelled lots of Abubakars project when he came in.He frustrated Tinubu's power project yet Kwara was treated more favourably.Abacha cancelled IBB's project.GEJ has now frustrated the dredging of d Niger River.In all these accusations,no one v accused GMB of stealing a dime.The guys has unrivalled integrity and consistency.infact,assuming GMB is d ultra-bigot he is being accused of(am sure he is not),in a democracy,u can't be partial without consequences.Buhari has fought for the people of this country all his life. Av u guys seen the infrastucture corridor map presented at the PH rally? Do u know the calibre of Intellectuals who r still covertly funding this campaign? Those who love Nigeria r tired of this PDP govt. PDP is the biggest,richest,most corrupt ethnic group in Nigeria.When they want to steal,they don't ask where Aninih,Bodey Jorge,Oddilli,Yuguda,Obusanjo,Mangal,Turakki is from.They do it without considering where they come from.Let's be wise guys.

NB;I typed from a BB fone,so am expecting some awkward alignment of d fonts with this post.
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by JimmyBoy1: 11:00am On Apr 08, 2011
obongtunji:

Buhari is a fanatic who is coverin up his evil deeds. How wil a man kickd against democracy & 2day he want democracy 2 embrace him. If dat metro project was 2 b in kano, he would hav signd it immediately.Let him xplain why PTDF project is everywhere in d north&no state in d South kan point @ wat they did. Afta watchin d NN24 presidential debate i fell in luv wit mallam Shekarau, dat man has vision&mission, he is nt a fanatic,a question was askd abt Hisbah(Islamic Police)& he anwserd convincly,satisfactorly&truthfuly. He has my vote,pls nairalandas he need your vote.Shekarau is wat we need in dis country,blieve me he kan deliver. Vote ANPP.

ooooooook he is a fanatic, he used money to develop the north, at least he developed part of Nigeria. Which part was developed under OBJ's 8years rule. Dont mention GSM o, becuase FG did not spend a cent to bring GSM, the Telcos invested heavily. Yes he got debt forgiveness, but Yaradua and Jonathan have built back the debt stock.

Which part has been developed  under Yaradu/Jonathan administartion.

Various PTF projects are still standing tall in ALL  higher institutions, several primaries schools were rehabilitated in all parts of the federation. Tell me anything visible from PDP, please dont tell me about promises or so and so Roadmap  o
Re: Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari by Mucokey(m): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2011
Pls 4 crying out loud, if actually Lagos states knew it's going to pay 60% of the money if it opted out of the deal n after seeking the federal government assistance n approval, The right n ideal thing to ve done, is it not to ve sourced the fund n develop this domain if the only thing the federal govt was to serve was a surety for the said loan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Has Over N 2.7Trn In Treasury Single Account ( TSA ) – AGF / Insecurity: Bandits Have Turned North To Killing Field - Sultan Of Sokoto / 2023: Shettima Is Unfit To Be Nigeria’s Vice-President - Olu Fasan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.