Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) (2376 Views)

Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex With A 1Bedroom Apartment Lekki/ajah Lagos / Construction Of A 5bedroom Bungalow With Pent@Ado-Ekiti / Construction Of A 5bedroom Bungalow @kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2021
Day 3 progress

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:55pm On Feb 12, 2021
grin

Moving to Lintel level in a bit.
Rain couldn't stop us.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2021
cheesy close of work.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2021
We offer design and build services.
Contact us for more info
raymondfubara@gmail.com
09056082348(call & WhatsApp)
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by abcivilengr(m): 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
Just get ready for cracks in the future... The cantilever reinforcement and detailing was wrong.... It is unfortunate today that everyone is an engineer and builder..

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:03am On Feb 13, 2021
abcivilengr:
Just get ready for cracks in the future... The cantilever reinforcement and detailing was wrong.... It is unfortunate today that everyone is an engineer and builder..

The pictures didn't do justice

Lol structural drawings properly followed.
Structural drawings done by a COREN Registered Engineer.
The cantilever in question is not load bearing, it's a balcony for the master's bedroom 5m long x 1.2m.
Hidden beams Y16(6nrs T&B) and we have both horizontal and vertical.

Most of us here are qualified builders.
I have a certificate in quantity surveying and Civil engineering .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by HORLADSTAR(m): 11:37am On Feb 13, 2021
Nice work here
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by Amastermovic(m): 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2021
raymondFirstborn:

The pictures didn't do justice

Lol structural drawings properly followed.
Structural drawings done by a COREN Registered Engineer.
The cantilever in question is not load bearing, it's a balcony for the master's bedroom 5m long x 1.2m.
Hidden beams Y16(6nrs T&B) and we have both horizontal and vertical.

Most of us here are qualified builders.
I have a certificate in quantity surveying and Civil engineering .

There's nothing like hidden beam and the cantilever does not satisfy code requirements .
Truly you may follow the drawing but its wrong and satisfied by a coren registered engr is not a rule.

Reason he's trying to play safe with the hidden . he could have drop the beam and POP it underneath or satisfy the code requirements for the cantilever slab by returning the bar appropriately. I get he's trying to save cost by not wanting you to break the slab behind by almost 50℅

Saying it's not load bearing is also bending the rules oo

By the way clean job following
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2021
Amastermovic:

There's nothing like hidden beam and the cantilever does not satisfy code requirements .
Truly you may follow the drawing but its wrong and satisfied by a coren registered engr is not a rule.

Reason he's trying to play safe with the hidden . he could have drop the beam and POP it underneath or satisfy the code requirements for the cantilever slab by returning the bar appropriately. I get he's trying to save cost by not wanting you to break the slab behind by almost 50℅

Saying it's not load bearing is also bending the rules oo

By the way clean job following

The structural engineer specified we break 700 - 750mm in. Which is what we did.

Then as per "hidden / concealed beam" , it's widely used globally and recognized by all construction regulatory Bodies. Hidden beams carry the same depth as the slab and proper calculations have been done in this case.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
Today's progress

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2021
Moving towards 9coaches

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by Amastermovic(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2021
raymondFirstborn:

The [b]structural engineer [/b]specified we break 700 - 750mm in. Which is what we did.

Then as per "hidden / concealed beam" , it's widely used globally and recognized by all construction regulatory Bodies. Hidden beams carry the same depth as the slab and proper calculations have been done in this case.
Following like I ve said for us not to derail this journal.
How much is block and cement along that axis
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
Amastermovic:

Following like I ve said for us not to derail this journal.
How much is block and cement along that axis

Block is 220(depends on your bargaining power) - 240 grin

Cement is 3100
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 12:16pm On Feb 16, 2021
Update

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 12:17pm On Feb 16, 2021
Lintel level

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:23pm On Feb 16, 2021
Moving.
Lintel level.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:34pm On Feb 17, 2021
Woodwork

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:39pm On Feb 17, 2021
Moving forward.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:47pm On Feb 17, 2021
Front view.
Evening

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by PyroDavid: 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2021
The master's bedroom is at the back?
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2021
PyroDavid:
The master's bedroom is at the back?

Yes it is
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2021
Front view taking shape

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 12:49am On Feb 26, 2021
Been a little busy.

Work Progress.
Moving to parapet stage.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 12:51am On Feb 26, 2021
Current stage.
PARAPET woodwork
Meanwhile we are trying modify a few details.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by mufutau55(m): 5:45am On Feb 27, 2021
I will surely really love to see the 3D of the building.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 11:54am On Feb 27, 2021
mufutau55:
I will surely really love to see the 3D of the building.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

Ok would be posting it soon.
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 11:56am On Feb 27, 2021
Side view ND stirrups.

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 1:02am On Mar 01, 2021
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:03pm On Mar 02, 2021
Parapet done.

1 Share

Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by PyroDavid: 8:37pm On Mar 02, 2021
This a concrete facial if my eyes aint deceiving not parapet
Modified:
so, it can also be called a parapet?
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by raymondFirstborn(m): 10:20pm On Mar 02, 2021
PyroDavid:
This a concrete facial if my eyes aint deceiving not parapet
Modified:
so, it can also be called a parapet?

It's a concrete facial.
But layman language "parapet"
Re: Construction Of A 5bedroom Duplex. (magboro, Ogun State) by EgunMogaji2: 10:52pm On Mar 02, 2021
This is making me uneasy but I’m sure it’s been engineered sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cofo Land For 3.5M At Ibeju Lekki ( Wazobia Courts)……… / For Sale::::1 Plot Of Land In Ologun Eru, Ibadan. Oyo State / Adult Male Boer Bull

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.