Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,419 members, 7,800,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) (41875 Views)

Man Used As Human Guinea Pig After Radiation Disaster.(not for the faint hearts) / Akwa Ibom State University Commences 2nd Semester ...academic Calendar Out / Jummat: Muslim Group Threatens To Disrupt WAEC Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by QueenVaji: 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2021
wonder233:
Look, if you're in a place and can't breathe, why not simply leave? How can you remain there till you eventually faint/die? I mean, your body will have been giving you signs in stages.This is the paradox of a Nigerian, he will be saying " let me just manage".

if u leave they will still say ur an unserious human being...yall are bastards

2 Likes

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by Littledurk: 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2021
Mask up
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by theFilmtric: 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nairalandian:
Dear Lord,
How did I end up being a Nigerian. Why didn't my ancestors board a ship to the West. Even if they suffer as slaves, their descendants would not have ended up in this thing called Africa.
embarassed cry
inferiority and delusion—dont face reality and make your home better o

Nonsense

theFilmtricsay

1 Like

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by samwillyco1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
youngking22:
Actually 3 girls are dead now, yesterday was so bad, Asin bad. Instead of bringing in Ambulance the school brought in police. The matter heavy for mouth...

What really happened?
Is it due to overcrowding or riot
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by karleone(m): 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
youngking22:
Actually 3 girls are dead now, yesterday was so bad, Asin bad. Instead of bringing in Ambulance the school brought in police. The matter heavy for mouth...

Why were they dying? They didn't prepare for exam or what?
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by premucks(m): 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2021
Mask up
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by PDPdestroyer(m): 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
Tinubu why
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by FalseProphet1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 11, 2021
CheedyJ:
Mumu report,what happened exactly, was there a stampede, riot or just exam fever , what really happened?
The classrooms couldn't contain the crowd so people started suffocating due to inability to breath.

4 Likes

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by Akhirastriver(m): 12:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nairalandian:
Dear Lord,
How did I end up being a Nigerian. Why didn't my ancestors board a ship to the West. Even if they suffer as slaves, their descendants would not have ended up in this thing called Africa.
embarassed cry
It is not too late , u can start
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by guy222: 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
Biggers82:
No wonder Abakiliki people don't go to school they prefer pushing wheelbarrow and Hawking on the street rather then dying inside examination hall.
Because even when school fees for the Ebonyi State indigens are free they don't like going to school
Chai!!! Na who be this one again?

1 Like

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by iamGholdaniel(m): 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
I am Ogah Nkem daniel
The worst of it's kind....

Today in EBSU is supposed to be a joyful day for the students, where after the GST exams you would see so many students gathering in their numbers and of different groups sharing their different experiences in the examination hall. One would happily ask the other "what was your answer in number 4 question"? The other will joyfully say I chosed A, and I am sure that's the correct answer, if you doubt me, come and see for yourself in the GST textbook". And they will argue and go home happily.....

Today revise became the case where no student could remember he/she had come to school with a friend, because of the ugly incident that took place today at perm site on the account of partaking in the GST examination. Where so many students lost consciousness and later this evening news has that a soul was lost.

And my question is....
How did we get here?

Does it mean that education is no longer the key and no longer need any attention?

Does it mean that our management no longer care about the students or are they just incompetent and incapacitated?

Why must we lost a life in this process?

What is actually the problem and what is it that needs to be done to put things aright?

These questions and many others calls for urgent attention. And we the students of Ebonyi state university (EBSU) hereby call on the government of Ebonyi state, EBSU management,EBSU governing council, EBSU Student Union government and other relevant authorities as a matter of urgency to investigate all that happened today and take appropriate measures to prevent future occurrence. No life is worth losing at the cost of GST examination.

#Every life and wellbeing of EBSU students matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLdKAU7ofl8[/quote]
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by Finnestgreat: 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2021
This country is just fu.cked up.
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by 2shaw: 12:50pm On Feb 11, 2021
Gst that year for uniben

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by Kolisky(m): 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nairalandian:
Dear Lord,
embarassed cry

grin grin grin grin
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by samwillyco1(m): 12:58pm On Feb 11, 2021
Noblejay7:
For how long can we continue this way?

This exam can be written in batches and on different days .

Not possible in EBSU the paper will leak, since it is the same question
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by Akpuobi1: 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2021
Mr Reporter and OP, you didn't state what caused the casualty and fainting.

Were they sick before coming for the GST exam
Was it stampede

You just fast-forwarded to blaming the institution and the management.

Add the information above so we know who to blame; the students, school and it's management or ASUU, Nigeria and FG at large

It's very very saddening though

6 Likes

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by ojialo(m): 1:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
FalseProphet1:

The classrooms couldn't contain the crowd so people started suffocating due to inability to breath.
same way people suffocated during the covid-19 Palliative warehouse saga RIP to the dead
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by youngking22(m): 1:02pm On Feb 11, 2021
samwillyco1:

What really happened?
Is it due to overcrowding or riot
Overcrowding, coupled with some students been asthmatic and probably hunger.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by youngking22(m): 1:08pm On Feb 11, 2021
Young042galaxy:
What happened op?
Is their a stamped or what?
GST is the easiest course one can pass in higher institution.
What's the buzz about GSTs? Or is it different from the one I wrote in 100L n made As in all with just glancing through the textbooks?
j
Not in Ebsu, students as far back as 2017 are still writing GST espically GST 102 philosophy and logic. You will answer questions as far back before the birth of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by fujirice: 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
Please, can someone explain to me what the OP wrote. Too many words were written but no proper information was passed.
I’m so confused sad
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by LadreamJoseph(m): 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
Please nobody is Dead... Students fainted and lost valuable things but Nobody is Dead

1 Like

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by jevic(m): 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
I hope Dave Umahi is aware of this?
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by FBIBOT(m): 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
Lifeiseazi:
Bros it not like that o... once you rugged enter the crowd their is no going back anymore because everyone at your back will be pushing forward and no one will shift for you to move back until pass out among the crowd.
The struggle to go back is more than the struggle to move forward

Memories grin Nigeria Just dey build person anyhow for unnecessary hardship grin Thank God for life sha

1 Like

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by fujirice: 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
Akpuobi1:
Mr Reporter and OP, you didn't state what caused the casualty and fainting.

Were they sick before coming for the GST exam
Was it stampede

You just fast-forwarded to blaming the institution and the management.

Add the information above so we know who to blame; the students, school and it's management or ASUU, Nigeria and FG at large

It's very very saddening though

I thought I was the only one.
Op just jumbled up words there. What’s the essence of the long epistle if he can’t pass the proper information to his audience?
I taya o!
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by otomatic(m): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2021
youngking22:

So sad. Incompetence everywhere .
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by AnanseK(m): 1:30pm On Feb 11, 2021
The story did not tell us the exact problem and why people were fainting , and what is GST?
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by Goldbw122(m): 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2021
Is the exam so hard, Common gst, student are fainting, what about chemistry and physics?
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by Danzakidakura(m): 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Even in Covido season they still packed humans like sardines. Cheap school fees shouldn't be synonymous with stupid management
ebsu pay 100k and above for school fees, I. Suspecting lack of enough space
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by Pacesetter123(m): 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
youngking22:
Imagine that!
Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by stasius: 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Even in Covido season they still packed humans like sardines. Cheap school fees shouldn't be synonymous with stupid management

Unfortunately state Universities are not cheap.

1 Like

Re: 1 Dies, 3 Faint As Ebonyi State University Commences GST Examinations (Pics) by ibuildstuff(m): 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
CheedyJ:
Mumu report,what happened exactly, was there a stampede, riot or just exam fever , what really happened?
More like suffocation, it's gst exam na, general studies, like 5 department Inside one hall, each department may have like 1000 students. So imagine 5000 students inside one hall that's not properly ventilated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos / DELSU Lecturer Humiliated After He Tried Sleeping With A Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.