Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? (1733 Views)

2023: I Will Beat Peter Obi, Though He is My Tenant In Lagos - Tinubu In Abia / Peter Obi Who Is Contesting Against Me Lives In Lagos - Tinubu (pic/vid / The Jagaban Of Lagos, Tinubu, Dances Inside His Mansion. See Reactions (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by malcom1X: 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2021
cocolacec:

This is my first time of asking you.I dont switch monikers maybe you do.Ole lo mo ese ole to.
Answer my question on Agbo ile and LGA.

Was Awolowo(Ikenne) from Oyo state when he become a Premier of western region in Ibadan?
Stop thinking like a fool.Yorubas are brothers and sisters wherever we find ourselves.

If Tinubu is doing something wrong,call him to attention to correct his mistake.

I saw a man speak with hatred today against a Yoruba lady from outside the country.

I see this lady as a Yoruba, because she speaks Yoruba, but they the yorubas see her as a foreigner.
I just witnessed it for the first time. I was ashamed.
Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by christistruth01: 7:27pm On Feb 11, 2021
[quote author=Biodun556 post=98969786][/quote]

Even Bukola Saraki last Senate President was not from Kwara state where he served as 2 time Governor but from Abeokuta in Ogun State.

They say Governor Aregbesola of Osun was not from Osun State it was his mother who was Ijesha.

Even Oba Tejuoso got to that Position through his Mother who was the former Obas daughter

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by christistruth01: 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
malcom1X:

I saw a man speak with hatred today against a Yoruba lady from outside the country.

I see this lady as a Yoruba, because she speaks Yoruba, but they the yorubas see her as a foreigner.
I just witnessed it for the first time. I was ashamed.

Even when an Igbo person speaks proper Yoruba dialect he is taken as a son of the soil and if he is not careful they will even give him a wife

So how will a Yoruba person see another Yoruba person as a foreigner

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by Biodun556(m): 7:48pm On Feb 11, 2021
christistruth01:

Even Bukola Saraki last Senate President was not from Kwara state where he served as 2 time Governor but from Abeokuta in Ogun State.

They say Governor Aregbesola of Osun was not from Osun State it was his mother who was Ijesha.

Even Oba Tejuoso got to that Position through his Mother who was the former Obas daughter

Queen Erelu kuti (female) lineal descendants are the ruling branch of lagos royal family. Her husband was from Abeokuta.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by christistruth01: 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2021
Biodun556:

Queen Erelu kuti (female) lineal descendants are the ruling branch of lagos royal family. Her husband was from Abeokuta.

Erelu Kuti's Husband was from Ilesha Osun State thanks for that example

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by Biodun556(m): 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2021
christistruth01:

Erelu Kuti's Husband was from Ilesha Osun State thanks for that example

Good

3 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by Freelancer2020(m): 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
cocolacec:

Yorubaland is a region ,any Yoruba is free to claim any part of Yorubaland so far he is a son of the Yoruba soil.

The states were created by the British and the Military junta.Yorubas are not defined by artificial geographic creations.

ese baba, don't bother to answer them next time, I think it's their brain that is failing them
Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2021
I stand to be corrected but I seriously doubt that any Yoruba , in the entire history of Nairaland, has ever started a thread demanding the origin of any Igbo leader or administrator.

Next minute IPOBians will deny being obsessed with everything Yoruba. How on Gods earth is Tinubu's State of origin in the SW the concern of Igbos?

Igbos are simply too envious, too hateful , too dark-minded, too malevolent, too vindictive and too covetous of what belongs to others.

4 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by Lagoon0: 10:47pm On Feb 11, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
News has been going round that Lagos Is not Tinubu's state of origin
That he comes from Osun state .

So why is an outsider from osun state controling the political affairs of Lagos state instead of osun where he originally comes from?

Are the real owners of Lagos dumb?

I am obviously not dumb and that's why I will never kiss the feet of a total stranger on my home soil Lagos .
First of all, your not Yoruba and your not ibile.

Secondly tinubu is the mistake of our fathers we'll join all effort to kick him out to save our heritage and children future on our soil

2 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by nairalandankrah: 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2021
Lagoon0:

First of all, your not Yoruba and your not ibile.

Secondly tinubu is the mistake of our fathers we'll join all effort to kick him out to save our heritage and children future on our soil
Oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by Lagoon0: 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
cocolacec:

Yorubaland is a region ,any Yoruba is free to claim any part of Yorubaland so far he is a son of the Yoruba soil.

The states were created by the British and the Military junta.Yorubas are not defined by artificial geographic creations.

The only reason I will not engage my fellow omoluabi is because of the stupid Igbo boy that start the thread.

Emo eko are not treated like the way we treat our brother here. There are limit to what we can contest for or do. I read that in the news long ago. But it later happened to me in Ogun state.

Tinubu is not our choices person. He has step on toes alot

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by Lagoon0: 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
Biodun556:

The mother was an indigine of Lagos from Lagos Island. Yorubas are very flexible and accommodating. Many Yorubas have become baale and traditional rulers from mothers side.

Lateef Jakande, the first civilian governor of Lagos was from Kwara State

In my part of Lagos women are not second class citizen. When my grampa died everyone including my dad elder sister had to be present.

She and my dad see through everything.
Thats why I feel reluctant to get into family issues ones my elder sister is present already.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by Gbagura: 11:10pm On Feb 11, 2021
One thing igbos never seem to realize is that they are mere strangers in Lagos. Abacha wasn't foolish when he added Lagos to SW. How on earth someone that came from hundreds of miles away would be laying claims to some people's ancestral heritage simply because of Atlantic? All Yorùbá have claims to Lagos, not ọmọ igbo.

That's why they remain what they are in Lagos, immigrants. People should ask anywhere an Emeka or ifeanyi happens to be a traditional ọba in Lagos. Igbo will use their mouth to exterminate themselves in Lagos. I'm waiting for when this country breaks and let's see the owners of Lagos then. There are hundreds of tribes living and doing business in Lagos which none of them ever laying claim to Lagos as igbos do.

Someone should remind those lost tribe where they rightly belongs. Their delusion and obsession about Lagos is getting them unwanted in Lagos daily. How is that even a discussion to start with? Who are the ones deceiving those nyanmiris about Lagos? You only found an igbo man saying Lagos is no man's land. I've never seen an Hausa, ebira, Ijaw, itsekiri etc saying such nonsense.

Igbos, you can dream for all we care. Say all sorts to console your mind. You're only being bitter about how Lagos is being control by your perceived enemies. You know there's no place like Lagos in Nigeria. That's the basis of your agony but deep down, you know your place in Lagos. You have letter C and Z (Chuka and nzeogwu etc) in your alphabet while we Yorùbá doesn't have such. You see the plain difference while even the unborn generation would easily differentiate you from Yorùbá and Lagos.

'Imado ibà ṣe bí Ẹlẹ́dẹ̀ a ba'lu jẹ́, b'ẹru bá jọba èèyàn òní kú ìkàn.'

8 Likes

Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by PrinceOfLagos: 6:52am On Feb 12, 2021
Time will tell
Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Time will tell

Time will tell what? The covetousness and ameboism of Igbos or their obsession with wanting to be Yorubas and to possess everything belonging to Yorubas?

If not, what concerns you with the origin of Tinubu when Lagosians voted him to be their Governor in 1999 and again in 2003?

The only thing time will tell those still too naive to see it is that Igbos love to divide others along ethnic, religious and sectional lines so they profit with their numerous nefarious and hidden agendas.
Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by PrinceOfLagos: 7:29am On Feb 12, 2021
OneTemplate:

Time will tell what? The covetousness and ameboism of Igbos or their obsession with wanting to be Yorubas and to possess everything belonging to Yorubas?

If not, what concerns you with the origin of Tinubu when Lagosians voted him to be their Governor in 1999 and again in 2003?

The only thing time will tell those still too naive to see it is that Igbos love to divide others along ethnic, religious and sectional lines so they profit with their numerous nefarious and hidden agendas.
Stop spewing thrash on a beautiful Friday morning you coward .
Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by oyatz(m): 8:16am On Feb 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
News has been going round that Lagos Is not Tinubu's state of origin
That he comes from Osun state .

So why is an outsider from osun state controling the political affairs of Lagos state instead of osun where he originally comes from?

Are the real owners of Lagos dumb?

I am obviously not dumb and that's why I will never kiss the feet of a total stranger on my home soil Lagos .

So what exactly do you want to be done sir?
Re: Is Lagos Tinubu's State Of Origin? by malcom1X: 9:31am On Feb 12, 2021
christistruth01:

Even when an Igbo person speaks proper Yoruba dialect he is taken as a son of the soil and if he is not careful they will even give him a wife

So how will a Yoruba person see another Yoruba person as a foreigner

Bro, the guy was eating and the said lady came to buy something at that moment, the man sells in the shop.

Everyone in the shop was angry with the girl, they said something about tradition, that she would have known the guy is eating or so that she's not Yoruba. That she's from a neighbouring country. That a Yoruba would have known the traditions.

People there were annoyed with her for no reason.
Personally, I believe that if food is going to hinder you from making sales then you shouldn't be selling in the first place. The guy was wrong because he was there to sell not to talk about traditions etc.

I'm just telling you what happened. This lady speaks Yoruba, I never knew she'd not from Nigeria because she looks Yoruba to me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Orlu: 33 Clerics, Elders Allegedly Detained As Army Searches For ESN Camps / FG Begs Ibori Over The Repatriation Of Stolen Funds / Is This Picture A True Representation Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.