Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,135,768 members, 7,752,492 topics. Date: Friday, 01 March 2024 at 02:35 AM

Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU (3292 Views)

How To Cash Out While In The University ,bye To Broke Days !! / Help! I Need Directions To Lasu Epe Campus. / Sentencing Of Professor Richard Akindele: A Caution To Lasu Academics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by russy: 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
Well, the demise of the first executive governor of Lagos state has just been announced, and trust the South west, the legacy of renaming the State university must continue, from Ambrose Alli university, Olabisi Onabanjo in Edo and ogun state respectively, may be oyo state missed out , i doubt Lagos state government will not rename LASU after Lateef Jakande The founder of the institution, an honour well deserved. So it could be Bye to LASU, soon we will know. Lasuite!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2021
All these namings left and right, it's too much. Why must they use universities?

There are already parks, estates, roads and monuments named after most politicians, it's not proper to keep renaming universities...

11 Likes

Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by padi94(m): 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
Why do they have to wait until he died to name the school after him.

5 Likes

Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by Whitecoal711: 5:57pm On Feb 11, 2021
Why wait till now
the man really deserve more

1 Like

Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by HORLADSTAR(m): 6:20pm On Feb 11, 2021
hmmn
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by talk2hb1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2021
Tooh
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by ednut1(m): 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
russy:
Well, the demise of the first executive governor of Lagos state has just been announced, and trust the South west, the legacy of renaming the State university must continue, from Ambrose Alli university, Olabisi Onabanjo in Edo and ogun state respectively, may be oyo state missed out , i doubt Lagos state government will not rename LASU after Lateef Jakande The founder of the institution, an honour well deserved. So it could be Bye to LASU, soon we will know. Lasuite!!!
get your priorities right mr man. His legacy already speaks . E.g jakande estates

4 Likes

Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by Kayberg: 7:39pm On Feb 11, 2021
If only renaming it will apply to certain changes required being made.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by Shittaakeem(m): 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
Op The Longest road in Lasu is named after him
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by trekkie: 10:36pm On Feb 11, 2021
russy:

TAH! ARU!
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by Richy4(m): 12:13am On Feb 12, 2021
I hope they won't resist it like when they wanted to change Unilag some years back to some outdated name.
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by ayusco85(m): 5:15am On Feb 12, 2021
Richy4:
I hope they won't resist it like when they wanted to change Unilag some years back to some outdated name.

MAULAG grin

They will certainly resist this one too
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by femi4: 5:54am On Feb 12, 2021
russy:
So when Tinubu dies, which university we go dash am
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by IbadanJohnWick(f): 6:29am On Feb 12, 2021
Let the schools maintain a name and unchanged
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by YorubaPrince: 8:05am On Feb 12, 2021
femi4:
So when Tinubu dies, which university we go dash am
We go name Oshodi NURTW garage after am. That's what he deserves. grin
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by SweetiliciousD: 8:11am On Feb 12, 2021
xProfx:
All these namings left and right, it's too much. Why must they use universities?

There are already parks, estates, roads and monuments named after most politicians, it's not proper to keep renaming universities...

I totally agree with you. We have Jakande Estate already and other monuments named after him.

Did he work alone without pay then?

He worked and has been paid for the job done then.

So what's the big deal?
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by Obakashdee(m): 9:06am On Feb 12, 2021
Ambrose Ali na South West na Lol
russy:
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by PlsBanMe: 2:25pm On Feb 12, 2021
russy:

I didn't know Ambrose Alli is from the south west too sha
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by edoairways: 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2021
ednut1:
get your priorities right mr man. His legacy already speaks . E.g jakande estates
Was about to type this
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by edoairways: 4:44pm On Feb 12, 2021
russy:
Well, the demise of the first executive governor of Lagos state has just been announced, and trust the South west, the legacy of renaming the State university must continue, from Ambrose Alli , Olabisi Onabanjo in Edo and ogun state respectively, may be oyo state missed out , i doubt Lagos state government will not rename LASU after Lateef Jakande The founder of the institution, an honour well deserved. So it could be Bye to LASU, soon we will know. Lasuite!!!
The bolded is from Edo state
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by uglodoh(f): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2021
ednut1:
He did not name Jakande Estate. People are the ones calling those estates Jakande estate
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by osegabi: 12:48am On Feb 13, 2021
LEKKI PRECIOUS GARDEN

This estate is beautifully designed to deliver modern technology and natural serenity in a seamless marriage, proposed to redefine estate living standards. The state of the art facilities in this ultra-modern gated and secure community, will ensure a home-indeed feeling for residents, with high level security that guarantees peace of mind to residents.

LOCATION: Owode Ise, 3 mins from La Campagne Tropicana Resort

TITLE:Registered Survey and Deed Of Assignment

FACILITIES: Good Road network Drainage system Recreational areas Portable water Electricity Fenced and gated community

LEKKI PRECIOUS GARDEN
SIZE PAYMENT PLAN PRICE INITIAL DEPOSIT 600sqm
0 - 2 Months N1,200,000.00
0 - 3 Months N1,300,000.00 N500,000.00
0 - 6 Months N1,400,000.00 N500,000.00 Statutory Fee:
1. Deed of Assignment - N50,000.00
2. Survey Fee: N300,000.00
3. Development Fee: N500,000.00

NEIGHBORHOOD:
La'Campaigne Tropicana Resorts
Chinese Farm
Lekki Free Trade Zone
Dangote Refinery
Complex Deep Sea Port
New International Airport
Several Gated Estates Several Beaches

Reach us for more enquire or site inspection by either whatsapp/Call: 08067359059

See many more posters attached

Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by Adblg0610: 11:43pm On Feb 13, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

I totally agree with you. We have Jakande Estate already and other monuments named after him.

Did he work alone without pay then?

He worked and has been paid for the job done then.

So what's the big deal?
I think nobody else deserves to be memorialised with LASU than Jakande,considering the fact that some others who established state universities like him, were similarly honoured. These are some of his contemporaries who were privileged with

1. Olabisi Onabanjo University,Ogun state.

2. Michael Adekunle Ajasin University,Ondo state.

3. Ambose Alli University, Ekpoma,Edo state.

We also have: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife and Ladoke Akintola University,Oyo state.
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by SweetiliciousD: 8:32am On Feb 14, 2021
Adblg0610:
I think nobody else deserves to be memorialised with LASU than Jakande,considering the fact that some others who established state universities like him, were similarly honoured. These are some of his contemporaries who were privileged with

1. Olabisi Onabanjo University,Ogun state.

2. Michael Adekunle Ajasin University,Ondo state.

3. Ambose Alli University, Ekpoma,Edo state.

We also have: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife and Ladoke Akintola University,Oyo state.

That is bandwagon effect and status quo that kept us this low till now.

Did you fail to mention who established Unilag and whose name it bears now?

He opted/volunteered to work for the public for a pay and he was paid. Full stop!

Governors serve the state for maximum of 8 years and get immortalised, whereas career bureaucrats serve for 35 years and their pensions denied them shocked

Tell me, why won't I kill to become a governor? That mentality must change.

My point.
Re: Welcome Lateef Kayode Jakande University: Bye To LASU by sommy03(m): 10:16am On Feb 14, 2021
Changing the name changes nothing sad

(1) (Reply)

Waec Grading. / Failed WAEC Again? It Is No Big Deal / Name Or Surname,which comes first???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.