Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next (54827 Views)

Relocation Of CBN: There'll Be Consequences If Tinubu Doesn't Reverse - Ndume / There'll Be No Election If You Fail To Release Kanu In 2022 - Ohaneze To Buhari / RECAP: BREAKING: There'll Be War If They Rig This Election, Says Uche Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by 2mercy: 6:24pm On Feb 11, 2021
There'll Be Suya Feast When Next Herdsmen's Cows Invade My Home, Soyinka Warns

Nobel laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka, has criticised the Ogun State Police Command for denying that cows invaded his building in Abeokuta, Ogun State, warning that there would be a Suya feast If such happened again.

Soyinka on Thursday stated that he would invite the police to join the feast as there "will be no lack for cadaver affirmation."

In a reaction titled, "Mad cows and madder narratives," the Nobel laureate from Kemta Housing Estate, Abeokuta, noted that it was unprofessional for the police to deny an incident that had photographs and other obvious proofs.

He said, "For those who truly seek details of the Ijegba incident, I hereby affirm that I was never physically attacked, neither did I attack any cows. The cows and herders did however attack my property – and not for the first time.

"The police need to be very, very careful, learn to be straightforward with public information. Failure to adhere to that obvious, basic form of conduct means that the public will lose total confidence in security agencies and constantly bypass them in times of civic unrest, no matter how trivial or deadly. How on earth could the police claim that my property was not invaded by cattle? It was.

"My groundsmen knew the drill and commenced the process of expelling them. Fortunately, I was then driving out and was able to lend a hand by vehicle manoeuvering. Both cattle and herdsmen were flushed out of my property.

"Once they were outside the gates, I came down from the vehicle and beckoned the herdsmen to come over. At first, they pretended not to understand, then, as I approached, they fled into the bush. We thereupon 'arrested' the cows, confining them to the roadside, while I sent my groundsman, Taiye, to the police to come and take over.

"Since they took rather long in responding, I summoned a replacement and proceeded to the police station. On the way, we met a detachment, turned round, and together we returned to the scene of the crime."

Soyinka noted that the police wanted to commence combing the bush for the herders but he stopped them, asking them to keep the cows and the owners would show up, which was what happened.

"I thoroughly resent the police version which suggests that the cows never invaded my home: home is not just a building, it includes its grounds. And it was not a stray cow, or two or three. It was a herd – we have photos, so why the lie? It is so unnecessary, unprofessional and suspiciously compromised.

"The police suggest that I have nothing better to do than to go accosting cows on the public road – to what end?

"If the police demand proof, the next time such an invasion takes place, I warn that there will be no lack for cadaver affirmation and the police will be officially invited to join in the ensuing Suya feast. So please, let us get serious."

He added that the menace of "cattle imperialism under any guise is an obscenity to humanity."

"So, let me serve notice that we are about to commence a process of public sensitisation; we hope even the police will join hands with the agenda as it progresses.

"A special practical plea: now that the railways are being resurrected, let us make cattle wagons a priority. I grew up with the regular sight of those practical conveyances. It is time to bring them back," he concluded.

Cows had been reported to have invaded the residence of the Nobel laureate on Wednesday - an incident which drew condemnation from various groups and quarters, although the police in Ogun denied the incident, saying it was a case of straying cows.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/02/11/therell-be-suya-feast-when-next-herdsmens-cows-invade-my-home-soyinka-warns

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Henix(m): 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
Everyone seems to be getting his share of this bad administration.

First Class Citizens invaded Prof Soyinka's home

531 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by alsudan: 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
These people and empty threats, na like 6 and half a dozen.

If you like don’t handle the marauders like the ESN or other tribal militias, before day break, the remaining 6 states will be like Kwara.

Who Media war and empty threats help?

238 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:31pm On Feb 11, 2021
I must be there

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
Look at this one... grin

The day you invited trouble to your household was the day you endorsed a grand patron of the marauding Fulani herdsmen as president..

You even went as far as calling GEJ unprintable names just because you want to enthrone the Devil.

Enjoy your time with the Noble Laureate Herdsmen.

460 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by lilvicky68(m): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
Just be strong enough to fight them off after you can call me for the suya feast

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by chumaZ(m): 6:40pm On Feb 11, 2021
You dare not feast on buhari's sacred cows or you have yourself to blame

30 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 11, 2021
grin grin grin Well said, just make sure that it's not vulturebbqrillz that will prepare the suya. He has a habit of poisoning his grilled meat and selling it to his customers.

145 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2021
Am I invited? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2021
alsudan:

If you like don’t handle the marauders like the ESN or other tribal militias, before day break, the remaining 6 states will be like Kwara.

I'll have you know that ESN is a byproduct of amotekun

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Nato008(m): 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nigerian police and lie are like rice and beans_

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by hotwax: 6:54pm On Feb 11, 2021
JidennaJason:
Look at this one... grin

The day you invited trouble to your household was the day you endorsed a grand patron of the marauding Fulani herdsmen as president..

You even went as far as calling GEJ unprintable names just because you want to enthrone the Devil.

Enjoy your time with the Noble Laureate Herdsmen.

Are you people not tired of this boring statements?

Fulanis expansion has nothing to do with buhari. It's an agenda they will still execute even with atiku.

Fulanis agenda is bigger than buhari. Buhari is just a tool in this case.

GEJ tenure will end and one way or the other a fulanis man or their stooge will still take.

Go to mali, chad and Niger. Use your brain. The white walkers are on our bother ready to invade. Stop this GEJ rubbish.

And who told you woke soyinka didn't campaigned for jonathan when he had no shoe. Jonathan should be blamed for the mess we are in. He sold us to buhari.

155 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2021
hotwax:

Fulanis expansion has nothing to do with buhari. It's an agenda they will still execute even with atiku.

GEJ tenure will end and one way or the other a fulanis man or their stooge will still take.

Go to mali, chad and Niger. Use your brain. The white walkers are on our bother ready to invade. Stop this GEJ rubbish.

And who told you woke soyinka didn't campaigned for jonathan when he had no shoe. Jonathan should be blamed for the mess we are in. He sold us to buhari.
GEJ sold "us" to Buhari? Or you sold yourself to him?

Don't be a confused fellow.

Bye.

264 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by LMS1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2021
Suya Feast? Asin Free Suya?
Can Sombody Pls Give Me Wole Soyinka's Address?
In case of Incasity ! grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by hotwax: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
Nato008:
Nigerian police and lie are like rice and beans_

Nigerian police are promoting lawlessness ..

This is the same dirty game they played in igangan that embolden people like sunday Igboho to start taking laws into his hands.

They see themselves as fulanis police. They don't know they are Nigerian police

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Envelopus: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by DamnnNiggarr: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2021
shocked
Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Great2017: 7:02pm On Feb 11, 2021
hotwax:

How much did you pay and to whom?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by GamalNasser: 7:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
Abeg stop all this nonsense chest beating ...this is how you boasted you will tear your your American green card and we found out you didn't

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by hotwax: 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2021
JidennaJason:
GEJ sold "us" to Buhari? Or you sold yourself to him?

Don't be a confused fellow.

Bye.

Buhari lost against jonathan the first time, thanks to people like soyinka.

And when he got their, he started obeying women cabals. He left obasanjo who fought for him against northerners when he was sidelined.

He refused to try all reported corruption cases.
Some of us can still remember his foolish ways. He is not a saint too.

He shared out of the blame. Although he has apologized to Nigerians.

Bye

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by cocolacec(m): 7:04pm On Feb 11, 2021
When next the cows graze on peoples farm,the community should use such cows as Fulani palliative.

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Randy111(m): 7:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
alsudan:

So the man should have gone inside, bring out a gun and kill the fulani abi? How many of them have you as an individual killed?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Samunique(m): 7:08pm On Feb 11, 2021
"I thoroughly resent the police version which suggests that the cows never invaded my home: home is not just a building, it includes its grounds. And it was not a stray cow, or two or three. It was a herd – we have photos, so why the lie? It is so unnecessary, unprofessional and suspiciously compromised.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Ohoto90: 7:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
Egungun be careful, na express you dey go

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by LordIsaac(m): 7:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
Cattle imperialism... grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by nairalandankrah: 7:42pm On Feb 11, 2021
2mercy:

Soyinka on Thursday stated that he would invite the police to join the feast as there "will be no lack for cadaver affirmation."

https://saharareporters.com/2021/02/11/therell-be-suya-feast-when-next-herdsmens-cows-invade-my-home-soyinka-warns

Lalasticlala

Choiii see finishing.but,
Nigeria police force have no shame and we the masses have known this for a long time...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by fergie001: 7:55pm On Feb 11, 2021
GamalNasser:
Abeg stop all this nonsense chest beating ...this is how you boasted you will tear your your American green card and we found out you didn't
Small play you expose everything waaaaaaaaa......keep small secret kwanu grin grin grin grin grin

For the suya, Prof.....I dey game o

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by obi4eze(m): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2021
angry
Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by theFilmtric: 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2021
In a reaction titled, "Mad cows and madder
narratives,"..."
"The police need to be very, very careful,
learn to be straightforward with public
information. Failure to adhere to that
obvious, basic form of conduct means that
the public will lose total confidence in
security agencies and constantly bypass
them in times of civic unrest, no matter
how trivial or deadly. How on earth could
the police claim that my property was not
invaded by cattle? It was....
And it was not a stray
cow, or two or three. It was a herd – we
have photos, so why the lie? It is so
unnecessary, unprofessional and
suspiciously compromised.
"The police suggest that I have nothing
better to do than to go accosting cows on
the public road – to what end?
"If the police demand proof, the next time
such an invasion takes place, I warn that
there will be no lack for cadaver
affirmation and the police will be officially
invited to join in the ensuing Suya feast. So
please, let us get serious."
He added..."cattle
imperialism under any guise is an
obscenity to humanity."

"A special practical plea: now that the
railways are being resurrected, let us make
cattle wagons a priority. I grew up with the
regular sight of those practical
conveyances. It is time to bring them
back,"...concluded.

Chai see grammar smiley
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5846869_5481396ojukwusalutejpegjpeg90b2342daed7994a002f05ab427ab7fe_comattachments5481396ojukwusalutejpegjpeg90b2342daed7994a002f05ab427ab7fe_jpeg2e2edd96717dac1cf68be5a261768241
This man ehn...
His books na grammar full them
I once read “the lion and the jewel” when I was very young-about
I had to have a dictionary by my side,I enjoyed it though
I just love this man's personality— just wait a book will come out of this ordeal ]—“More Fula,Sweeter Suya: an account of mad cows,madder narratives,and a still madder country.

Soyinka I go chop o cheesy tongue

theFilmtricsay

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by dollytino4real(f): 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2021
wen i said trust police at ur own detriment

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by superior1: 9:09pm On Feb 11, 2021
Prof don vex. Baba l’egba abeg invite me o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka: Herdsmen Cows Invaded My Home, Police Lied. There'll Be Suya Feast Next by Gondonu: 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2021
You can continue to oppress people without a repercussion.I know there must a cover up when the police rose up to defend the fulani invasion of Kongi's house ystdy by issuing a disjointed press release.

Too bad for this nation.Hope the "suya feast" is taken your own pound of flesh on the murderous barbarians and not their nama?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is Unknown In Taraba, Says Supporter Who Went For Field Analysis (Pix) / Buhari Is 16th In The List Of 500 Powerful Muslims In The World (Photos) / Washington Post Reacts To Buhari Clone Denial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.