Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,817 members, 7,798,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose (35792 Views)

Senators Oppose Subsidy Removal / Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? / Majority Of APC Senators Support Lawan’s Recommendation As Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Abs76: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2021
Knighty12:
Northerners always taking this country backwards. Useless set of Idiots!!!
that's why your father is richer than danggote or bua useless tribal bigot
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by munachiso58(m): 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2021
Djyucee1:
The North is always the problem
even in game of thrones oooo my brother

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Eriokanmi: 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
I'm not surprised. They feed on the south . They're not business minded and they don't care...in as much as allocation keeps coming They're fine

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by airsaylongcome: 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Not surprised.....

Oppposing it in public
And investing in it secretly
Moda fuckkking hypocrite.......

After clamoring or rather supporting the ban
They will be doing ptpt

If you are a niggarrrr and you understand ptpt then you must be a real niggarr

Ogbeni the huzzle nor be do or die affair

PTPT: Peer-to-peer transactions

Not hard to decipher
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Sid44: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2021
If cattle's could be cryptocattles, online buying and selling of cattle's... Only then will Cattle Bank of Nigeria approve.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by DCmonster: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2021
ichidodo:
Bros ,I no send you come nairaland...
Your Education if you have any is a waste! undecided
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by ichidodo: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2021
justosee:
Will the US still tolerate if there is no benefit?

many people never wanted to store money in the bank until recently.
They tolerate because it is the beauty of their democracy at work...Tis like racism, You don't like this black person but because of the democracy and constitution at play, you've got to tolerate them even though in your mind you don't accept them... That's how it is with bit coin as it concerns US and co...Tis a racism of currencies... That's why I believe it will crash sooner or later...
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by ElValiente(m): 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
Na to dey drag us go back Dem sabi. Mitcheww. Cow fuckers
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by ichidodo: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
CSTRR:

The US IS NOT hostile to crypto.
If they did, you would know.

There are no policies against crypto in america.
Yes, govts don't like crypto because of its potential to bypass the established govt regulations, but there is a difference between not liking and acting against.
So you agree Govts don't like Cryptocurrencies,Good.Now Nigerian Government is coming out to act on that dislike..Can you blame them? Money that you cannot see physically... cannot touch...cannot be divided...Has no intrinsic value.. just ICT mumbo jumbo...If you want to invest you're free but there are some silly idiots out there who think they know sh**t that will put Themselves,their children and children's children into debt never mind tanking the Economy for such a volatile thing as Cryptocurrencies...Banning it will save lives..
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by fof1: 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
CaPpaDonNa:

https://www.gazettengr.com/crypto-ban-northern-senators-support-cbn-southern-senators-oppose/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

IGNORANCE IS OUR PLAGUED PROBLEM. BACKWARDNESS is Really in Nigeria... Pls Leaders Should Learn from Kenya, Senegal,Botswana...etc.
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
This is a clear indication that Nigeria is a union of progressive people and regressive people and it can never work. A man who is raised to rear cows can never co exist with a man who is raised to explore the world. Northerners are the reason Nigeria is where it is today and the fact that they hold leadership positions makes it worse. This useless country needs to be balkanized now.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by RRodwave(m): 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2021
Honchoslim16:

Bro.. you ain't got mercy

Guy reason am
Those who knows work don't say shit
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2021
One of the many problems of these northerners is their archaic conservative mentality. They don't move with the trends of time; they are too static ! How on earth would anybody hope to solve a 21st century problem with a Mosaic era's template ? It won't work !

Our northern brothers always like to lead or rule but they do not have what it takes to lead or rule any modern society, a 21st century society. We all can see very clearly how Mr Buhari is handling the affairs of Nigeria at this age and time. It is so unfortunate that nepotism,sectional interests and favouritism are now the order of the day.

My point essentially is this. Whatever our northern brothers do not understand or they naively assume will give a sort of advantage to the people of the south ,even if it will be in the overall interest of the country,they will oppose it !

Buhari,in 1983 or thereabout, cancelled Lagos metrorail project that would have solved the perennial transportation problems of the state and served as a model for other States to adopt. He couldn't give any reason for the cancellation but it was so glaring that petty jealousy was the main reason. He wouldn't have cancelled it if it was a Kano state project then. It is the same project they are now trying to do with cost running to billions of naira ( in debt ) !

Major facts behind the ban on crypto currency are :

1. Vast majority of northerners do not have basic knowledge about its operations. They naively assumed it would give southerners certain economic advantages over northerners !
2. Bureau de change business is dominated by northerners. They view crypto currency operation as a real threat to the survival of that business. Federal Government, through the CBN must protect the northern owners of this business.
3. We have a government that is not knowledgeable and is even lazy to pursue that knowledge about how modern economy operates.

It is an anomaly for a man with the same mindset as Fodio to be the President of Nigeria at this age and time ! North and Northerners are dragging Nigeria backward and that's a fact !

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by HIPROFILE(m): 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2021
How the northerners no go support that region is completely opposite of progressiveness so they dont think twice before they oppose anything that will bring progress or development.

Am not surprised at all
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Germi9: 9:27pm On Feb 11, 2021
southern senators are goung digital on stealing while their northern counterparts arr wallowing in the old ways
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by IMAliyu(m): 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
“Cryptocurrency has become a worldwide transaction of which you cannot even identify who owns what. The technology is so strong that I don’t see the kind of regulation that we can do. Bitcoin has made our currency almost useless or valueless,” Mr. Sani lamented

I'm sorry but crypto didn't make the Naira weak. The Naira has been on decline since after the 80s oil boom. With the government's over dependence on oil for foreign exchange and hostile to policies towards FDIs, the country's uncompetitive nature in the international market.
It was already doomed to begin with.
So quite making excuses for the government's and your generation's incompetence
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Theoarhics: 9:34pm On Feb 11, 2021
The north has always been backward.. not surprised.
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by dan56: 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2021
ichidodo:
Banning it will save lives..

Taking a look at that word and since the government care so much. Why don't they ban the internet?

Do you know how many people that have been scammed because of they have access to the internet. They meet someone they can not "touch" a you stated.
And get ripped of millions of funds.

A lot meet strangers from social media and end up killed. Don't you think the internet should be banned to prevent thousands of Insecurity that have developed because of its existence??

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
what Nigeria has just done to those engaged in trading cryptocurrency is hypocritical.
6 Nigerians from the North (some are bureau the change agents ) where jailed in UAE last year, for funding boko haram 2015-2016. The CBN ,EFCC,NIA, Ministry of foreign affairs or even the Presidency is yet to comment on that matter,or look into operations of this bureau the change agents. But see how quick they are to battle trade in cryptocurrencies -simple because the can't control it like the do our banks,NNpc,Ports,Airports ,Electricity etc and every other deficient government institution in the country.
The are quick to tell us China and a host of other countries has done same , but leave out the fact that as of September 2020,China test run its own cryptocurrency which it says will be the most dominant in years to come.
10 years from now,we will get around removing this handicap we have imposed on ourself

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Hushbingo: 9:45pm On Feb 11, 2021
coronavirus19:

Sharrappp!!!! Hushdog
Alternate account
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Hameed807: 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2021
that is good grammar perhaps what-bis the problem with that.
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by IMAliyu(m): 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2021
ichidodo:
So you agree Govts don't like Cryptocurrencies,Good.Now Nigerian Government is coming out to act on that dislike..Can you blame them? Money that you cannot see physically... cannot touch...cannot be divided...Has no intrinsic value.. just ICT mumbo jumbo...If you want to invest you're free but there are some silly idiots out there who think they know sh**t that will put Themselves,their children and children's children into debt never mind tanking the Economy for such a volatile thing as Cryptocurrencies...Banning it will save lives..
So, you want the government to nanny you?
Are you not an adult to understand risks and make decisions on your own?
The risk of going into debt gambling exists, but you are free to choose to partake in it. The risk of losing money on a stock market crash exists but they haven't ban that either.
I call bs on your statement of it will save lives,
A government that fails to protect the lives and property of it's citizens, doesn't have the moral high ground make such a decision.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Johnrio22(m): 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Not surprised.....
Oppposing it in public And investing in it secretly Moda fuckkking hypocrite.......
After clamoring or rather supporting the ban They will be doing ptpt
If you are a niggarrrr and you understand ptpt then you must be a real niggarr
Ogbeni the huzzle nor be do or die affair
Hahaha hahaha. Nice finishing!!!!
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by McTobe(m): 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2021
Tell me more...I presume you understand how crypto run operates, blockchain technology and the other salient factor about crypto market. Moreover, Nobody asked Nigeria to put their reserve on it. How can a market with the kind of capitalization like BTC and etherium crash the way you are saying it. I will like to have a better explanation from you of how you think Crypto can possibly collapse...Just an objective conversation no attacks
ichidodo:
Even though market speculation is our forte....Banning crypto is the best decision this regime had ever taken....You think MMM was bad? Try Crypto, that sh**t is MMM on Steroids,Cocaine and Heroine combined...Yeah, we know MMM f**ked individuals up even house holds weren't left out. When the bubble around cryptocurrencies eventually bursts whole economies maybe Governments exposed to it will collapse...We already have Buhari sending our economy to the stone age, the last thing Nigeria needs is to be exposed to a future crypto global economic meltdown....I rather invest in cows, honestly.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by Oluwaleinad14(m): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2021
Ikpeazukerosene:
Crypto is capable of ruining the Bureau De Change business dominated by northerners. That is why you will not see the average northerner support crypto.
The funny thing is that if the average Northern youth understands how crypto works, they will embrace it wholeheartedly. If you check stats, Opay and Paga did very well in Kano and other northern states.

Well, crypto transactions will happen with or without the CBN and whatever the North feels. The North can not hold the rest of Nigeria back because of selfish reasons.

See your CBN Governor. I'm sure, when they are doing ACF meetings, they call him to serve drinks.

This picture is making me angry all over again
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by ichidodo: 10:02pm On Feb 11, 2021
dan56:

Taking a look at that word and since the government care so much. Why don't they ban the internet?

Do you know how many people that have been scammed because of they have access to the internet. They meet someone they can not "touch" a you stated.
And get ripped of millions of funds.

A lot meet strangers from social media and end up killed. Don't you think the internet should be banned to prevent thousands of Insecurity that have developed because of its existence??
Cc Mctobe ...Sh**t happens in the world that doesn't concern or affect economies or Govts...But there are things...So small and petty that if left unattended to can create significant problems to economies and govts...A good example is the cryptocurrencies bubble which is currently ongoing. The outflow of fx for intangible things such as Cryptocurrencies without inflow of goods or services can lead to severe distress in our economy...Maybe Dangote might stop building his refinery and put his money on bitcoin... Imagine the distress to the economy...Now imagine entrepreneurs and investors doing like Dangote all over the country.. Less Jobs will be created..and you know what that means. After which you add the insult to the Injury when Bitcoin finally crashes and everybody's investment get wiped out??...Double wahala for dead body.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by ichidodo: 10:13pm On Feb 11, 2021
McTobe:
Tell me more...I presume you understand how crypto run operates, blockchain technology and the other salient factor about crypto market. Moreover, Nobody asked Nigeria to put their reserve on it. How can a market with the kind of capitalization like BTC and etherium crash the way you are saying it. I will like to have a better explanation from you of how you think Crypto can possibly collapse...Just an objective conversation no attacks
There's a lot of discussion to be had on this subject...but something came up and I have to run..Peace out.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by harjay1986: 10:13pm On Feb 11, 2021
ichidodo:
If IMF approved it...If...If..If... Elon Musk is a billionaire he can take risks with his money, For the likes of you who don't know or have sh**t...The Government is protecting you from committing suicide..

for your information I take risk when I have to so Bleep any goverment policy, what you people dont know is that you believe in mumuism and zombiesm so naa follow i follow una dey do from north you cant think out of box, thats why when dubia envoy came to Nigeria in 1996 for ur brother to invest there they call dubai a desert, look now what they suppose to have at a cheaper price they are now using money meant for development here to secure it

try for once to think out box and mind you always use that word IF often so that you can balance your investment fool
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by McTobe(m): 10:13pm On Feb 11, 2021
What of forex? What you are saying also applies to forex, also you have not given me strong points to convince me that cryptocurrency will collapse overnight one day like MMM.
In the first instance mmm and crypto are not in the same league. Have you checked the number of people that Crypto trading feed in this country, not even Dangote can employ or pay the number of people that do transactions on crypto as their mainstay or as alternative source of income. So don’t you think CBN should research further or get consultants to research on how they can control its use in illegal operations rather than outright ban?
ichidodo:
Cc Mctobe ...Sh**t happens in the world that doesn't concern or affect economies or Govts...But there are things...So small and petty that if left unattended to can create significant problems to economies and govts...A good example is the cryptocurrencies bubble which is currently ongoing. The outflow of fx for intangible things such as Cryptocurrencies without inflow of goods or services can lead to severe distress I. our economy...Maybe Dangote might stop building his refinery and put his money on bitcoin... Imagine the distress to the economy...Now imagine entrepreneurs doing like Dangote all over the country.. Less Jobs will be created..and you know what that means. After which you add the insult to the Injury when Bitcoin finally crashes and everybody's investment get wiped out??...Double wahala for dead body.
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by mosesaigbe(m): 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
Hmmmm

Something Glorious

Is

Coming

Stay Glue .

SOGshops Cares.
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by ichidodo: 10:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
McTobe:
What of forex? What you are saying also applies to forex, also you have not given me strong points to convince me that cryptocurrency will collapse overnight one day like MMM.
In the first instance mmm and crypto are not in the same league. Have you checked the number of people that Crypto trading feed in this country, not even Dangote can employ or pay the number of people that do transactions on crypto as their mainstay or as alternative source of income. So don’t you think CBN should research further or get consultants to research on how they can control its use in illegal operations rather than outright ban?
I don't have much to say just Google Tulip mania...Read about the The Great Depression...If you don't get my view then there's nothing I can do for you..
Re: Crypto Ban: Northern Senators Support CBN, Southern Senators Oppose by 9jahotblog: 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2021
Kubernetes:
CBN did not ban crypto currency as captioned from the thread.
From 99% of the comments, most people assumed that crypto like bitcoin has been banned.
What CBN did was to ask the banks etc to close accounts of platforms facilitating the purchase of bitcoin.Before this development, you can buy bitcoin by using your naira to fund your virtual account with these platforms(Roqqu, quidax)using providus bank where they also facilitate your payment with the other party selling the bitcoin. So now, you can only sell bitcoin now but u can't buy. And thats why traders like me are taking the root of p2p transaction but u must trust the other party.

Well, another option is to adopt a cross border platform like Payoneer to buy your bitcoin.
Thank me later.
You are welcome.
good payoneer can be used to buy bitcoin now .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Bello Bodejo, Miyetti Allah President For Setting Up Vigilante Group / Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves / Buhari Snubs APC Over ‘mismanaged’ N7bn Fund.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.