Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. (8097 Views)

Tension In Anambra As 47 Boko Haram Prisoners Arrive Ekwulobia Prisons / Photos From The Scene Of Today's Riot In Oshodi,Lagos / Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by fingard02k(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2011
As am typing this right now.Every where in ekwulobia round about is filled with thick dark smoke,gun shots and tear gas.angry youth are doing riot after a policeman shot a guy which he died instantly but some said its political.The true cos is not yet known to me cos im running.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by kefidoh(m): 11:43am On Apr 07, 2011
OMG! What is happening to our dear country?
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Sunofgod(m): 11:48am On Apr 07, 2011
@op

Keep us updated.

Any pics?
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by fingard02k(m): 11:59am On Apr 07, 2011
I hav left the scene cos im going to umunze
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by fingard02k(m): 11:59am On Apr 07, 2011
I had left the scene cos im going to umunze
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by EzeUche(m): 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2011
About time people are rising up against those corrupt police.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 07, 2011
If we must effect change, the time is now
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Fogman(m): 12:24pm On Apr 07, 2011
OP, i m concern about this story, pls keep updating this thread. Thanks
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Gbawe: 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2011
fingard02k:

As am typing this right now.Every where in ekwulobia round about is filled with thick dark smoke,gun shots and tear gas.angry youth are doing riot after a policeman shot a guy which he died instantly but some said its political.The true cos is not yet known to me cos im running.

Dear God !!!! This is tragic. We need sincere leaders to halt our slide into anarchy . The Police force has needed sincere reform for a long time. There are simply too many cold-blooded killers carrying guns and parading around as Law-enforcement officers in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by ifyalways(f): 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2011
Na wao.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Pataki: 2:04pm On Apr 07, 2011
Nigeria is on a delicate boiling acidic test tube.

Any little thing to ignite the slightest uprising, will bring about destruction of lives and property.

@ OP,

Please try and keep safe and ensure those around you are too. God save us in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by kasiem(m): 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2011
God! Whats happening in my home state? Cant that spirit of love come on nigerians. When can we start living like brothers and sisters?
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Gbawe: 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2011
kasiem:

God! Whats happening in my home state? Cant that spirit of love come on nigerians. When are we start living like brothers and sisters?

There is serious tension in the land . The OP hints that this incident may be connected to politics and he may be correct . The likes of OBJ gave us "do or die" politics thus setting a precedence of assasination and the notion of winning at all cost . Now Politics in Nigeria is war . We can all see what is going on in Akwa Ibom right now while jonathan looks the other way . We saw how he ignored the illegal impeachment in Ogun State perpetrated by his SW campaign Manager when , as C-in-C , Jonathan is duty-bound to act in ensuring that gansterism and lawlessnes is not allowed to thrive in Nigeria. Jonathan is totally the wrong chap for the job considering where we now find ourself as a Nation. I urge Nigerians to be very careful. Rigging will be resisted robustly this time around . We saw the valiant effort the people of Ekiti put up during the Guber rerun in their determination to oust the PDP. If such agitations are going on simultaneously throughout Nigeria , things may quickly snowball into chaos. With the palpable desperation of GEJ and his "operation totality" backers , I am expecting the PDP to attempt massive rigging everywhere. The reaction to that is anybody's guess.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by naso2(m): 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2011
^^^^^^^^

I looked at your first post and was disappointed , becuase i was too sure GEJ will be brought in, but looking just a few posts down , the real Gbawe showed up. Everything na GEJ. You make it very easy to discard your posts now , because no matter how objective you try to be , your personal dislike for GEJ blurs it all. The poster just said it could be political and that statement turned you on.

Tactically you brought in OBJ to have an easy link to GEJ. Do-or-die politics was NOT introduced by OBJ . You are from the SW, as a case study can you do a research on the battles between AJASIN and AKIN OMOBORIOWO? Can you try to find out a thing or two about the IFE/modakeke battles of the 80s and the link they had to UPN/NPN? Try to be objective man. After the elections we will all still be here.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Gbawe: 5:54pm On Apr 07, 2011
na_so:

^^^^^^^^

I looked at your first post and was disappointed , becuase i was too sure GEJ will be brought in, but looking just a few posts down , the real Gbawe showed up. Everything na GEJ. You make it very easy to discard your posts now , because no matter how objective you try to be , your personal dislike for GEJ blurs it all. The poster just said it could be political and that statement turned you on.

Tactically you brought in OBJ to have an easy link to GEJ. Do-or-die politics was NOT introduced by OBJ . You are from the SW, as a case study can you do a research on the battles between AJASIN and AKIN OMOBORIOWO? Can you try to find out a thing or two about the IFE/modakeke battles of the 80s and the link they had to UPN/NPN? Try to be objective man. After the elections we will all still be here.

You think I care what you think ? Man Mi , from now henceforth please ignore my post . Simple . I don't like over-emotional responses to what I write anyway. In any case  I think it is you who is not objective with your ridiculous support of a man who has shown time and time again he is bad news . What  are folks like you waiting to see ? GEJ take out 50 Nigerians with an Uzi on Aljazeera news?  You skillfully avoid commenting on weighty issues I raised to deliver your tirade full of emotion and not much else. You think the blatantly unfair treatment being meted out to Akpanudoedehe and the 42 ACN supporters locked up in Akwa Ibom does not have GEJ's approval ? Why was he spuriously charged to court for treason in the first place only for the judge to throw out the case and seriously reprimand the prosecution? You are the same person who bragged that GEJ would act over the illegal Ogun impeachment yet till today , many months later, nothing has been done and you have the nerve to say others are not objective !!

You must think everyone is like you . Man mi , I want a Nigeria that works and I don't give a damn about GEJ enough to hate him . I don't want to be messed around for another 4 years by another  PDP stooge who never sought office and is very obviously already shaping up to be worse than Yar Adua. If you can't handle my criticism of GEJ please ignore my post . No be by force . Not all Nigerians are blind supporters of folks from their region to the extent they ignore what is terribly obvious only to then go on the defensive and be accusing others of hating their candidate. You dont get it that this is not about me hating GEJ but far more about you being blind to how incompetent and ineffective the man is .
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Gbawe: 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2011
@Na so.

One will never find you commenting on the issue of injustice illustrated below that should be condemned by all reasonable folks .  We all know Jonathan endorses the treatment being meted out to Akpanudoedehe but we can expect silence from you .  Again, I know there will be no comment about how Jonathan is happy to use the Nigerian Police Force in such an appallingly partisan manner . Next minute you will be crying that we hate GEJ. You and other GEJ fans are really not the ones to be accusing others of lacking objectivity. You only need to look in the mirror to see the person that lacks objectivity the most.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/reign-terror-akpabio-and-ig-ringim-disobey-federal-court-order-release-akpanudoedehe

Reign of terror: Akpabio And IG Ringim Disobey Federal Court Order To Release Akpanudoedehe
Posted: April 7, 2011 - 18:18

By SaharaReporters, New York
[b]The duo of Akwa Ibom State governor Godswill Akpabio and the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Hafiz Ringim, today brazenly disobeyed a Federal High Court order order releasing from prison custody the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) candidate, Akpanudoedehe.

Niyi Akintola (SAN) told Saharareporters today that his team served the release order on the IGP, the Comptroller of Prisons in Akwa Ibom as well as the Chief Magistrate who had ordered Akpanudoedehe's imprisonment, but that the federal officials have ignored it. Another legal team has also filed contempt proceedings against the IGP but Justice Bello Adamu's court did not sit today due to a bereavement in his family.

Governor Godswill Akpabio is waxing stronger in defiance of the courts of the land because he enjoys the support of Goodluck Jonathan, the president of Nigeria who has remained silent in the face of the persecution of a major opposition candidate by one of his dependable campaign allies."Who would have thought that tyranny would return to our national lexicon so quickly?"[/b] a political analyst said today.  "How in the world can Jonathan preside over this and yet claim be believes in the rule of law?"
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2011
This is sad.

Hopefully, it does not diffuse to other regions.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by fingard02k(m): 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2011
It all started Last night {hen SARS stopped a man with a bike  and seized his bike.As the man was about to leave them,a car without light knocked him and he died latter the  hospital that night.So the youths took his corps in the morning to SARS office for them to carry.But the SARS started shooting latter at them gun.So some of the youths with odeshi started cursing the police,so the police started shooting them.But they didn't run rather the rushed them and killed two SARS policemen.That was how the riot started
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by 13volts(m): 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2011
A man killed by car without a headlight, youths went on rampage killing 2 policemen. Did I get something wrong? Why didn't they take the body to residence of the driver? Then the people their are no better than the species called humans here in jos.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Sunofgod(m): 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2011
Thanks for the update.

As long as Anambra remains calm.

Both the police/driver need to compensate the family and take care of the burial.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Beaf: 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2011
fingard02k:

Here is the true story of the incident.Last night SARS stopped a man with a bike.while going to buy something and seized his bike,so the man left them the bike.So while turning around to go a car without light hitted him,while rushing him to hospital he died.So the angry youth this morning took his corps to the SARS office for them to carry.So the SARS started shooting gun.So some of the youth with odeshi got angered and started cursing the police,while doing that the police started shooting them.So they rushed them and killed two SARS policemen.That was how the riot started

May the souls of the dead rest in peace. We really need to sit back and begin educating and organising our people. We need to begin building strong institutions as a matter of urgency, otherwise things like this will be the order of the day and even get worse. We have had a fountain of chaos brewing for decades now, and its beginning to boil over.

I pray for the likes of Gbawe; people who would normally be smart, but have become cold and twisted to the point that they think any life lost is a political pun.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by 9ijaprince(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2011
Old boy thanks for the info but your grammar eh. Na bombs,
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by onyengbu: 10:48pm On Apr 07, 2011
^^^lmao

@topic,
the so called youths are so wrong. There wasnt a direct link to his death with d police.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by MaiSuya(m): 12:06am On Apr 08, 2011
9ijaprince:

Old boy thanks for the info but your grammar eh. Na bombs,

grin grin

@OP what's the situation now?
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by mensdept: 1:42am On Apr 08, 2011
I remember some months ago many sources in the West predicted Nigeria was going to COLLAPSE on or before 2015. Depending on this election, that prediction will come faster than we expect because our people dont care for anybody, love money, are complacent, childish, and not serious.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Jeboy(m): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2011
u guys are really kidding.so if i vote bb or ribadu ethnic war,violence,underdevelopment,sharia,tribalism,nepotism,blackout etc will stop.u guys think u re talking to some nursery school kids abi?small time u go say na gej make ur gf sack u or na him no make ur dog born female.imagine buhari saying he will remove immunity as if what is supposed to be determine by constitutional ammendment lies solely in d hands of president.u guys are too fake to be taken serious.buhari does not understand how democracy works lets be real.he will need to be skooled for 6months to understand d tenets of democracy but i do not take his strong leadership prowess from him.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by slap1(m): 10:51am On Apr 08, 2011
Things like this are now rare in Aba as we now have soldiers that don't hesitate to beat the hell out of policemen when they mess up . . . Government should do something about it, seriously.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 08, 2011
Here is the true story of the incident.Last night SARS stopped a man with a bike.while going to buy something and seized his bike,so the man left them the bike.So while turning around to go a car without light hitted him,while rushing him to hospital he died.So the angry youth this morning took his corps to the SARS office for them to carry.So the SARS started shooting gun.So some of the youth with odeshi got angered and started cursing the police,while doing that the police started shooting them.So they rushed them and killed two SARS policemen.That was how the riot started

@Gbawe I hope you never start to somke 'sontin'---- If you wife no get belle na GEJ--- boy you get GEJphobia,
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by Sunofgod(m): 11:40am On Apr 08, 2011
Why is this now front page news?

It was a minor incident that has since passed.

Moderator, drop this from the front page - it may cause unnecessary panick.
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by JUO(m): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2011
Anambra state. hum
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by GMcompere: 11:54am On Apr 08, 2011
wow!
Re: Breaking News: Riot In Ekwulobia,anambra. by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:55am On Apr 08, 2011
May peace shine there again,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ministers Unhappy With President’s Directive To Cooperate With Okonjo-Iweala / Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP / I'm Leaving The GEJ Train Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.