Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. (2371 Views)

The Giant Bird I Caught Within My Compound. Please What Is The Name? / The Little Creature I Caught Today / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by chocolateme(f): 12:56pm On Feb 12, 2021
Very cute, went to feed my birds and saw her or him flying around inside my empty chicken cage where I pack their feed. It wanted to escape but couldn't so I caught it.
Feels good to hold a bird after such a very long time..
I can really really take very good care of it because I have a pet old layer chicken named Bridget, I have a Lhasa Apso called Phoebe and i also train broilers for sale which are like 7 months old now and very heavy, weighing about 4.7kg.

I think I am very qualified to keep this bird but only one thing is tugging my conscience.
Is the bird not meant to be free as they always are?
Will it be happy with me taking her freedom away?
Does it eat well where it was before it met me or will she be happy eating more staying with me?
Most importantly, do you think she has a family like babies she left somewhere to go and find food?.. I will feel sad if I let her go but it feels good to have her as a pet.
Don't know what to do..

1 Like

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by propzncribz: 12:58pm On Feb 12, 2021
Can't see no bird
Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by Kriss216: 12:59pm On Feb 12, 2021
cool

Abeg no use suspense kill me.. Let's see the bird please.

1 Like

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by Pasprof27(m): 1:05pm On Feb 12, 2021
Where d bird?

Abeg
Contact @yonpro_concept for anything 3d at affordable price.
Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by chocolateme(f): 1:10pm On Feb 12, 2021
See another picture here, it flee out of my hand to the window

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by chocolateme(f): 1:13pm On Feb 12, 2021
I like the bird...
No one should talk about soup pot here because they don't eat this birds, they are too small to be eaten. No meat to eat out of it so stay clear.

4 Likes

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by Patented: 1:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
That is a Laughing dove. I honestly believe that it should be allowed to fly free rather than keep it in a cage. Just my opinion though.

chocolateme:
Very cute, went to feed my birds and saw her or him flying around inside my empty chicken cage where I pack their feed. It wanted to escape but couldn't so I caught it.
Feels good to hold a bird after such a very long time..
I can really really take very good care of it because I have a pet old layer chicken named Bridget, I have a Lhasa Apso called Phoebe and i also train broilers for sale which are like 7 months old now and very heavy, weighing about 4.7kg.

I think I am very qualified to keep this bird but only one thing is tugging my conscience.
Is the bird not meant to be free as they always are?
Will it be happy with me taking her freedom away?
Does it eat well where it was before it met me or will she be happy eating more staying with me?
Most importantly, do you think she has a family like babies she left somewhere to go and find food?.. I will feel sad if I let her go but it feels good to have her as a pet.
Don't know what to do..

2 Likes

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by chocolateme(f): 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2021
propzncribz:
Can't see no bird
have posted pictures
Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by chocolateme(f): 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2021
Patented:
That is a Laughing dove. I honestly believe that it should be allowed to fly free rather than keep it in a cage. Just my opinion though.

please why did you call it a laughing dove? Ok maybe I should let her go.. sad

1 Like

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 12, 2021
No be Odere koko be that?
Wey we dey use bamboo cage take catch that year?
We dey put mirror inside the cage so that the bird go think say another bird dey inside. Go come enter....kpakam. Eyaf enter.

Sabon...omeye. that's the name of the cage...ahhh good old days of no internet.

Sorry for derailing op. From my experience they don't do well in captivity. After A few days E go die. Based on small pikin experience. Besides let it go. E go get family na. Them go dey expect daddy. Make trap no catch us for our daily hustles O. Let it go

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by DAIL(m): 1:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
I will like you to be my pet from the look of your hands you will make a good petwife
Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by Patented: 1:36pm On Feb 12, 2021
That's what it is called not what I called it. You can Google it. Yeah you probably should and enjoy observing thir kind fly free and in the habitat of their choosing.
chocolateme:
please why did you call it a laughing dove? Ok maybe I should let her go.. sad

1 Like

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by chocolateme(f): 2:12pm On Feb 12, 2021
MejiLoyon:
We dey put mirror inside the cage so that the bird go think say another bird dey inside. Go come enter....kpakam. Eyaf enter.

Sorry for derailing op. From my experience they don't do well in captivity. After A few days E go die. Based on small pikin experience. Besides let it go. E go get family na. Them go dey expect daddy. Make trap no catch us for our daily hustles O. Let it go
I just freed her

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 12, 2021
chocolateme:
I just freed her
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2021
chocolateme:
I like the bird...
No one should talk about soup pot here because they don't eat this birds, they are too small to be eaten. No meat to eat out of it so stay clear.

Not all birds make good pets.

Based on experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by meobizy(f): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2021
OP is female? Jesus Christ! Nairalanders look terrible.
Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by Thazard(m): 11:38pm On Feb 12, 2021
MejiLoyon:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 13, 2021
meobizy:
You're female. I dare you to show me your look at this time. She probably took it after going to her poultry as she said and of course you know it's manual Labor. Nails get dirty.

Oh and by the way you have a very terrible attitude

5 Likes

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by BarristerAlarig: 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2021
meobizy:

Says the idiot who's a man with female attached to his moniker.

1 Like

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by chocolateme(f): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2021
MejiLoyon:

You're female. I dare you to show me your look at this time. She probably took it after going to her poultry as she said and of course you know it's manual Labor. Nails get dirty.

Oh and by the way you have a very terrible attitude
I just read his or her comment and get to understand why people are in the same situation they are till today. The ability to rise up to positivity is very impossible for some people reason why they gave up in the sorry state they are and choose to verbally bring people down. Like minds will always "like and share" with them on the same lame table.

3 Likes

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by chocolateme(f): 8:12pm On Feb 13, 2021
BarristerAlarig:

Says the idiot who's a man with female attached to his moniker.
those that are meant to be in secondary school but chose to display their immaturity.

2 Likes

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by Pasprof27(m): 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2021
Nna ehhhh brain far from you.
Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by busar(m): 12:23pm On Jul 08, 2021
MejiLoyon:

wow! The good old days o.. Sabon meye! We catch many of these birds then with sabon but we didn't use mirror for ours

1 Like

Re: Look What I Caught Today In My Chicken Cage. by cybriz82(m): 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
busar:
wow! The good old days o.. Sabon meye! We catch many of these birds then with sabon but we didn't use mirror for ours

Guess na joro u use or another bird..

(1) (Reply)

Adolescent Male Samoyed Available / Breeders In Enugu, Onitsha, Owerri & Ph, Check This Out / Pedigree 10months Old Male Rottweiler Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.